Pinball Hall of Fame (Williams) for Wii $19.99 at FYE B&M

airwavexiii

CAGiversary!
This game is normally $29.99 but FYE has this game as a regular sticker price of $19.99. From what I can tell most B&M stores don’t carry this game and it is only available online at sites like amazon.com and buy.com. I don’t see it on the FYE website but they do have it at the B&M stores. I havent played it yet but it got an 8.0 from IGN.com and I have heard only positive things about the game so far.

[quote name='4tygames']Go figure, the one title that people want from Crave and they do not print enough copies.[/QUOTE]

As President of the KABUKI WARRIORS~! Fan Club, I resent this statement.

This game is a close second however. Really fun.

Dave

So much for "in stock" at Wherehouse.com... this sucks! I really want this game, I wonder if I'd best order it at $29.99 (ack! but then again there's no guarantee ANYONE will have it, the rate we're going) or if there will eventually be a plentiful supply and they'll drop to $4.99 like the first game did...

This email is regarding your order (#xxxxxxxxx) from Wherehouse.com.

Unfortunately the following item is no longer available from our distributor
and therefore has been cancelled from your order:

Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection
Price: $19.99

People of Pittsburgh....! There are three available copies, as of last night, at the FYE in the Mall at Robinson. They're in a special generic game display and priced at $19.99...!

Def worth it...!

Finally found it at Target on Sawmill Rd. in Dublin/Columbus, Ohio.

$19.99 - two more left as of 8:15 this morning.

Picked one up at the FYE in Tysons Mall in McLean, VA. They had about 3 left in a stand with other $20 games like Ninjabread Man. I already logged a ton of hours with this game. I love me some pinball :D. Now, if I could only find it for PSP in-store for some pinball on-the-go. Thanks for the tip OP!

Man, my luck has been dreadful. Tried Target, Best Buy, Wal-Mart and K-Mart in my hometown: no dice.

Going to make a trip to Best Buy near work before clocking in today, otherwise I might as well just bite the bullet and order this one online.

The FYE we have out near work has a rather bare video game aisle. Wonder if they're trying to phase everything out.

Got mine from deepdiscount for $30. Hasn't shipped yet when I ordered it it said in stock, but now they are telling me its out of stock. Kind of annoying. I ordered a UMD from them too, but that shipped.

Thanks to this thread I picked up a copy today at the FYE at the Jersey Gardens mall in Elizabeth,NJ. It was in the $19.99 cardboard standup right at the entrance of the store and they had 2 left after I bought one. This game is awesome. I only wish they included Cyclone on it as well. I loved getting the pinball to ride the ferris wheel in that one. The Union, NJ FYE didn't have it and in general that store was a complete mess. Their video game section was in total disarray and I'd say that store will be out of business by summer.

Finished unlocking all of the tables last night. I love the 'achievement' system they have implemented...really keeps you in the game! And the ball physics are the best I've ever seen for video silverball. I can't stop playing this game!

I'm heading to Greenville, SC this weekend and will check a Target there. Otherwise, I'm probably just going to suck it up and order this one online.

Looks like Best Buy is getting these in... the website shows most of my local stores getting them, at full price of course. I'm going to wait for a 10% off coupon (I've found a few but none are good on games) and probably just grab it... the hunt is wasting more time/money than the price difference...

Found mine at the Target at Jantzen Beach, OR on my way in to work yesterday. $19.99, and they still had four left, in case any locals are interested.

No Luck!!! Looking all over The North Bay, Bay Area, CA in both FYE and Target. I should have just bought it on Amazon for all the gas money lost!! Most retailers see it as a old /discountinued game, not a new one. Hope they make more.

Got mine after listening to the shipwrecks, great pick up for 20 bucks. Got mine at a Target in northern Cincinnati OH.

I will be checking Target for this. I know there is a way to check targets stock, and it had been posted on this site in regards to wii's..

Anybody know the link off hand? If I remember correctly we can put in any DCPI number and pull the stock with all local targets.

Picked one up on the budget endcap at Target in Sugarland, TX today for $19.99. Definitely a fun game with some great models of some classic tables....

[quote name='Justin42']Looks like Best Buy is getting these in... the website shows most of my local stores getting them, at full price of course.[/quote]

Best Buy.com shows my local store as having copies. I'm going to scurry over their shortly. Thanks for the head's up about Best Buy carrying this now, as they weren't the other day.

[quote name='tolhurst']it's also $19.99 at Fred Meyer in the NW not on sale[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up on this one! I live in the NW as well and found it at my local Fred Meyer. It's well worth the $19.99 pricetag.

I checked at my local Target (Orlando, FL. Waterford Lakes), and found 5 copies. They were at the endcap with the discount games. I bought one. We were playing this most of tonight and it was pretty fun. :whistle2:D

[quote name='Snake2715']I will be checking Target for this. I know there is a way to check targets stock, and it had been posted on this site in regards to wii's..

Anybody know the link off hand? If I remember correctly we can put in any DCPI number and pull the stock with all local targets.[/QUOTE]

I believe that only works with items that are listed on the website. This is not.

$13.98 at Target, Irvine Spectrum store in Irvine, CA. They had it tagged with all the discounted games. 3 left after I picked up my copy. The scanner rings up at $19.99 but they checked the price and did an over ride.

Should never have bought into the hype. This game really isn't that great. Some of the tables are HORRIBLE. Graphics are hideous (ball isn't even a proper 3D rotating object, and some of the graphics are so blurry you can't even read the words on the tables). I should have known nothing could top the sublime Pro Pinball series of pinball games. Ah well. Anyone want to buy mine for $20 shipped? :)

One table I had never played before that is on this collection is Firepower. Once I started playing it I noticed a very familiar resemblance to the pinball machine Af-tor, which I also own. I think Wico copied a lot of the Firepower table when they came out with Af-tor a few years later, which was their 1st and I believe only machine. Quite a bit of the table is set up the exact same way, which almost makes me feel like I'm playing a modified Af-tor.

First table is Firepower and second is Af-tor.

[quote name='WilliamG']Should never have bought into the hype. This game really isn't that great. Some of the tables are HORRIBLE. Graphics are hideous (ball isn't even a proper 3D rotating object, and some of the graphics are so blurry you can't even read the words on the tables). I should have known nothing could top the sublime Pro Pinball series of pinball games. Ah well. Anyone want to buy mine for $20 shipped? :)[/QUOTE]

Sounds you need a new tv and a pinball history lesson. lol

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Sounds you need a new tv and a pinball history lesson. lol[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it's to do with the whole 1080p HD thing that happened in the last few years that Nintendo ignored. :)

And I guess this game is for nostalgia-driven gamers. For the modern-day gamer, this is not a great title.

[quote name='WilliamG']Unfortunately it's to do with the whole 1080p HD thing that happened in the last few years that Nintendo ignored. :)

And I guess this game is for nostalgia-driven gamers. For the modern-day gamer, this is not a great title.[/QUOTE]

You get what you get with a Wii. It is what it is. As for the tables...Funhouse, Whirlwind and Taxi are incredible pins. Pin-Bot and Black Knight are classics. Gorgar was a ground breaking table. Sorcerer and Firepower were two I had never played before, but both are pretty good. Space Shuttle is probably my least favorite other than Jive time, but I hardly even count it being an old-style mechanical pin. Overall, Williams collection kills the first PHOF.

This collection is for those who dig REAL pinball boards. I have had fun with other PC pinball games with fictional tables, but those really can't compare to recreations of the real thing.

I picked this up at the Anderson, SC Target. There was one copy left. It was on the bottom row of their "El Cheapo" endcap.

I had previously checked at FYE here in Greenville, but they no longer stock games of any kind except some old used/clearance stuff and according to them they will not be carrying games of any kind in the future.

I also checked the Targets at Wade Hampton and Woodruff but neither had this game at all.

The game itself is great. The tables are a lot of fun and for $20 I feel the game is well worth it. Plays and looks good on Wii, and the widescreen support is welcome. I think the game looks fantastic (I'm running component on a 1080p 50" TV). It doesn't have the detail or clarity of hi-def PinballFX on 360, of course, but the image quality is very good for a Wii game, and quite frankly, although I like PinballFX and think it's worth it, most of the tables on the Williams collection are superior.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I'm heading to Greenville, SC this weekend and will check a Target there. Otherwise, I'm probably just going to suck it up and order this one online.[/QUOTE]

Probably too late, but neither Target I went to in the area had them at all --- the Greenville and Simpsonville locations. Not sure if Greer has 'em, but since they're in the same district and I didn't even see a tag posted in the other locations, I'm going to assume they they don't carry it either. I just ended up picking it up at Best Buy (paid higher but they had plenty of them).

[quote name='WilliamG']Should never have bought into the hype. This game really isn't that great. Some of the tables are HORRIBLE. Graphics are hideous (ball isn't even a proper 3D rotating object, and some of the graphics are so blurry you can't even read the words on the tables). I should have known nothing could top the sublime Pro Pinball series of pinball games. Ah well. Anyone want to buy mine for $20 shipped? :)[/QUOTE]

I'm game WilliamG. I've had no luck finding it. I have a PayPal account, if that works?

What a terrific game. I finally cracked it open tonight and played the Taxi table. I was surprised the game uses the Nunchuck, but really, it works out well. I'm really happy with the purchase and initial impressions. Wish the graphics were crisper, but that's what I get for having a Wii.

If you can find it at $19.99 or less (as the other Pinball Hall of Fame thread indicates, some Targets have it clearanced at $13.xx), it's a terrific buy for any pinball fan. Even at full retail, $29.99, not too many folks will complain of the price difference when the quality of gameplay and mechanics is so solid.

[quote name='utopianmachine']What a terrific game. I finally cracked it open tonight and played the Taxi table. I was surprised the game uses the Nunchuck, but really, it works out well. I'm really happy with the purchase and initial impressions. Wish the graphics were crisper, but that's what I get for having a Wii.

If you can find it at $19.99 or less (as the other Pinball Hall of Fame thread indicates, some Targets have it clearanced at $13.xx), it's a terrific buy for any pinball fan. Even at full retail, $29.99, not too many folks will complain of the price difference when the quality of gameplay and mechanics is so solid.[/quote]

Agreed. It's the ball physics that ultimately make or break pinball games, and the engine FarSight used for this game is top notch! Very rarely does the ball not react the way I think it should have.

I found the last copy at my local target... I have a feeling this one will be rarer when time goes on.

The graphics could be a bit crisper, but the reflections on the tables is a nice effect (and you can optionally turn them off).

The thing I didn't see mentioned here is the Scoring instructions for each table. I like pinball, but am by no means a junkie, far from it.

So normally I don't know how to get the bonuses etc. The instructions walk you right through most of the tables scoring modes and bonus features. I found this really helpful and it pushed me over the edge of completely satisfied with my purchase.

bread's done
Back