Pirate Blast Gun Bundle (Wii) - $9.95 SHIPPED, used, GameDealDaily.com 9/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

drfrielgood

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (88%)
www.gamedealdaily.com

A few years ago we started Gamedealdaily.com, a website dedicated to offering CAGs and gamers worldwide some great deals on video games. Check the front page of our site each day for our Deal of the Day. A new deal will be posted every day, seven days a week, at noon ET. We also run Weekly Giveaways, in which we give away 4 free items from our inventory each week. See the bottom of this post for more information on the current prizes and how to enter.

Now in our fourth year of operation, we hope to offer even better daily deals and giveaways. Please check out our site and PM me with any questions or concerns you may have.

LINK: www.gamedealdaily.com

Here is Today's Deal:

Pirate Blast + Intec Shooter Gun Bundle (Nintendo Wii) - $9.95 SHIPPED

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/store/product.php?product=1753

2cse3w8.jpg
2jed2j6.jpg

In Pirate Blast, players must defeat Captain Greasebeard and his evil robotic Henchbots who are determined to take over Vile Isle amusement park. To avoid walking the plank, players must destroy as many of the Captain's Henchbots and defeat Greasebeard in time for the park’s grand opening.
The game features eight chapters based in various environments, including a village, jungle, pirate cove and pirate ships. Each chapter features new villains to defeat as players work their way towards the final battle against Greasebeard. Along the way, players can discover bonus rooms and collect booty stolen by the pirates, such as health kits and special keys to replenish health. The special edition blaster bundle brings even more excitement to battles against Greasebeard and his Henchbots as players target their enemies with rapid-fire precision.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIND GAMEDEALDAILY ON FACEBOOK!

http://www.facebook.com/gamedealdaily

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOLLOW GAMEDEALDAILY ON TWITTER!

http://twitter.com/gamedealdaily

We'll use Twitter to keep everyone updated with our daily deals, along with our weekly giveaways, random thoughts, and exclusive un-publicized deals that can be found within our store.

http://twitter.com/gamedealdaily

NEW - CHECK OUT OUR ARCADE!

We just added an arcade onto the site with some current and classic arcade games. You can play any of the games, save your high scores, and earn trophies by making it to the top of the leaderboard in any one of the games. We will also add voting capabilities so that you can help select the next additions to the arcade!

Click here to check out the arcade:

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/forum/arcade.php

Each week Gamedealdaily.com gives away four free items selected from our inventory. A new contest begins at 1pm Eastern time every Monday afternoon. Entrants have 7 days to compile as many entries as they can to give them the best shot at winning one of the prizes. The winners will be randomly selected from the pool of total entrants.

Enter the contest at this link:

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

Here are the prizes for the giveaway beginning 9/6:

First Prize - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (XBox 360, Playstation 3, or Nintendo Wii, Winner's Choice)

210c7lv.jpg
13z8g0x.jpg
14ty6pu.jpg

Explore more of the hidden shadows of the Sith with this sequel to the hit game Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. Starkiller, Darth Vader's apprentice, returns with over-the-top Force powers and embarks on a journey to discover his own identity and to reunite with his one true love, Juno Eclipse. In Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II, Starkiller is once again the pawn of Darth Vader -- but instead of training his protégée as a ruthless assassin, the dark lord is attempting to clone his former apprentice in an attempt to create the Ultimate Sith warrior. The chase is on -- Starkiller is in pursuit of Juno and Darth Vader is hunting for Starkiller.
With all-new devastating Force powers and the ability to dual-wield lightsabers, Starkiller cuts a swath through deadly new enemies across exciting worlds from the Star Wars films -- all in his desperate search for answers to his past.

Second Prize - The Godfather II (XBox 360 or Playstation 3, Winner's Choice)

2r7rklj.jpg
2hz61ig.jpg

The Godfather II game goes beyond the film's story by setting players in the world of organized crime in 1960’s Florida, Cuba and New York.
After being promoted by Michael Corleone to Don of New York, players expand to new cities, as they build up their families through extorting businesses, monopolizing illegal crime rings and defeating new families in an effort to become the most powerful mob family in America. To help players manage their empire, The Godfather II introduces "The Don's View" -- an innovative strategy meta-game that allows players to oversee the entire world as they grow the family business. Using the Don's View, players will be able to build, defend and expand their crime rings, while keeping an eye on the movements and plans of the rival families. Players will also learn to master the business of organized crime by building a family of Made Men, hiring crew, handing out orders, and promoting their best men up the ranks.

Third Prize - You're in the Movies (XBox 360)

e00het.jpg

This is the game only, no camera included. Get ready for your close-up. You're in the Movies brings the cool factor to kitsch as you live out your dreams of becoming a scream queen, zombie or kung fu fighter. This game is the first and only game of its kind to literally transport players into a magical world of cinema mixed with the hilarious world of improvisation. Using the Xbox LIVE Vision camera, players’ actions are captured and placed into short, riotous films. Performances never end up on the cutting-room floor, and are never the same.

Fourth Prize - James Bond 007: From Russia with Love (Playstation 2)

2qxvyip.jpg

James Bond 007 : From Russia With Love will be the first game to put players in the universe of the classic James Bond films. Set in the original 60's Bond era, the game features movie-based missions as well as original, action-intensive sequences, a broad and deep variety of gameplay, fully-integrated vehicles, social multiplayer experiences, gorgeous women, and classic, upgradeable weapons and gadgetry with modern mechanics.

Last edited by a moderator:
$8 dollars shipping for Warhawk?! I know its a larger box, but does a bluetooth really weigh that much more?

$25.93 is still not bad for the game, but seeing $8 shipping makes me not want to order it even though I really want the game.

LMAO @ 8 dollars for shipping. What a friggin scam man. Seriously, who is buying this shit?

Also, whats the deal with this?

Quoted from website:

Price: $ 17.95
Availability:
Condition: Used
Platform: Playstation 3

This bundle includes the Warhawk PS3 game, along with a brand new Jabra BT125 Bluetooth Headset

So what is it? New or used? If it is a new headset and a used copy of the game then there is no way to justify 8 dollar shipping. If its a used headset.... thats just... ugh. Sorry but who really wantes to insert a previously used earpiece into thier ear?

Either way, the contadictions on your sham of a website continue to show what types of shady dealings are really going on over there.

Title is misleading as always and good deals hardly come up, way worse than GoGamer.
I know gamedealdaily may be paying CheapyD, but this website is too much of an abomination to "Cheap Ass Gamers".

Least one can do is to suggest adding shipping costs and the condition of items in the title.

Honestly, the Jabra headset really isnt that good. You can get a decent bluetooth headset at most retail stores these days for a decent price. Hell, I have even seen the things at big lots for under 20 bucks.

The dude who owns the site listed the total price + shipping in the thread title for a couple of days. He claims he doesn't normally do it because he gets less sales/page views/whatever that way. Surely a lot of people wouldn't have clicked if the thread title was something like "Warhawk (Used) bundled with Bluetooth Headset (New) (PS3) - $25.95 Shipped"

While I agree with the idea the shipped price should be in the thread title since shipping can kill deals, Cheapy D apparently lets this dude basically run his business in this forum, so since the owner is here to make money he has to promote his stuff in the way that might make him the most money, which probably means not including the shipping price.

and this is bad for us how?
Do you have shares on GDD?
or is this a SBA forum too?

The CAG Deals forums goal is to offer you the best deals around.
if the Doctor feels he has a deal everyday, he can post his deals every day.
People can choose and not buy or buy two, one for themselves and the other for someone else.

This doesnt mean that he should "forget" to include the shipping price on the thread or the title.
Of course, he somehow "forgets" and doesnt put it in either field.

You are a consumer. Start acting like one.

I don't think there's a need to be facetious about it. He's never claimed to "forget" to add shipping. He's admitted a number of times, including a page back, that he feels he gets more traffic this way. If you feel it's wrong, contact the mods and Cheapy. People claim they have, and nothing has been done. So, either they don't feel anything is wrong, or as a number of you have claimed, he is paying Cheapy. Either way, he's gonna continue doing it.

As far as the deal goes, as someone else mentioned, the headset really isn't that good. I actually picked it up by itself from GDD way back, probably around the time they started. I think I paid like $10 total, so it was definitely worth it, but at this point, they are better options for those looking for a cheap BT headset.

I mean, isn't drfrielgood a longtime CAG or something? I thought that was how he got this gig, but it's like he thinks we're just joe schmo game buyer, another faceless consumer suitable for "maximum profit" sales tactics, such as oft-discussed unmentioned shipping.

I used to feel compelled to stick up for him (and I still sorta do because he does get his share of whine-and-dash comments), but I'm pretty pissed at how badly I was burned on the gamecube deal, plus there's some other stuff that stacked up and made me question the whole scheme of things here. Some listings have had to be edited by the mods because of deceptive wording (there was a 3rd party harddrive issue not too long ago), and the deals in general seem to just be really exotic: asian imports, new games without cover art, frankenstein collections, etc. Now these usually aren't terrible deals, but at the same time it just doesn't seem like it's worthy of a daily plug here on CAG. Most of the deals come with an asterisk, and the ones that don't are usually met with replies of "well that's fine and dandy, but it's only a buck or two more through (AAA store)"

[quote name='eastshore4']I mean, isn't drfrielgood a longtime CAG or something? I thought that was how he got this gig, but it's like he thinks we're just joe schmo game buyer, another faceless consumer suitable for "maximum profit" sales tactics, such as oft-discussed unmentioned shipping.

I used to feel compelled to stick up for him (and I still sorta do because he does get his share of whine-and-dash comments), but I'm pretty pissed at how badly I was burned on the gamecube deal, plus there's some other stuff that stacked up and made me question the whole scheme of things here. Some listings have had to be edited by the mods because of deceptive wording (there was a 3rd party harddrive issue not too long ago), and the deals in general seem to just be really exotic: asian imports, new games without cover art, frankenstein collections, etc. Now these usually aren't terrible deals, but at the same time it just doesn't seem like it's worthy of a daily plug here on CAG. Most of the deals come with an asterisk, and the ones that don't are usually met with replies of "well that's fine and dandy, but it's only a buck or two more through (AAA store)"[/QUOTE]

The bolded part is why I still come into the thread often and throw in my two cents. As I've said a number of times, there are a lot of legitimate complaints, but a lot of it seems to be people just looking to bust balls. If you look at some of the most active negative posters in the thread, many of them have never once said they bought something from him or had an actual problem. It's just "their service sucks" or "such-and-such product is shady." To me, that's childish.

I do agree that many of his deals lately are not that great and can be found for a few more bucks at more reliable sites. I do like some of the "exotic" things, though, especially when they can be had at great prices. $45 shipped for a newly released game isn't bad, if you can live with slightly different cover art or a foreign language instruction book. Personally, I'm a little OCD-ish, so I hold off on them, especially now with so many games coming with packed-in DLC that could potentially not work in certain regions or whatever.

[quote name='cRodz']and this is bad for us how?
Do you have shares on GDD?
or is this a SBA forum too?

The CAG Deals forums goal is to offer you the best deals around.
if the Doctor feels he has a deal everyday, he can post his deals every day.
People can choose and not buy or buy two, one for themselves and the other for someone else.

This doesnt mean that he should "forget" to include the shipping price on the thread or the title.
Of course, he somehow "forgets" and doesnt put it in either field.

You are a consumer. Start acting like one.[/QUOTE]

OWNED!!!! hahahaha

Hey, quick question... I bought the Band Hero Export code on Monday... it says they start shipping Monday... not sure if that means the following week or what. How long does it generally take for the codes to be e-mailed out? (if anyone else has ever bought any from here)

EDITED - Nevermind... later that night drfrielgood e-mailed me my code :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hendrickfan24']eww used bluethooth headset, GROSS[/QUOTE]

Should've clarified this much sooner:

The bluetooth headsets are NOT used, just the game.

[quote name='Spyder187']Don't forget to add that GS has CREDIBLE and RELIABLE customer service as well.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget gamestop.com's habbit of selling mutilated discs and generic casing without instructions!! Then spending gas money to go down to a B&M to exchange it, if they have copies that weren't abused by whoever traded them in.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I don't think there's a need to be facetious about it. He's never claimed to "forget" to add shipping. He's admitted a number of times, including a page back, that he feels he gets more traffic this way. If you feel it's wrong, contact the mods and Cheapy. People claim they have, and nothing has been done. So, either they don't feel anything is wrong, or as a number of you have claimed, he is paying Cheapy. Either way, he's gonna continue doing it.

As far as the deal goes, as someone else mentioned, the headset really isn't that good. I actually picked it up by itself from GDD way back, probably around the time they started. I think I paid like $10 total, so it was definitely worth it, but at this point, they are better options for those looking for a cheap BT headset.[/QUOTE]

Agreed and don't forget...people who complain the most should already know that the prices displayed don't include shipping yet they act surprised every time. When some other threads list prices like gogamer.com they are never included with shipping or tax. This isn't any different.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Seriously?[/QUOTE]

Yes, seriously. I can WALK into a gamestop and get another copy if they send a great copy and dont they only send complete copies. If I wee to get a mutilated copy, I just walk into a gamestop (who doesnt work/live near one) and get a perfect copy. Plus, knowing that it doesnt support drfrielgood feels good (pun intended). Now stfu and dont defend your pimp...again.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Seriously?[/QUOTE]

I do not like Gamestop in many ways so I don't shop from them, but there was one time I ordered four used games from their online store.
One arrived with the Blockbuster black rental case, one arrived within poorly conditioned case and one game did not work.

I contacted Gamestop customer service and without a hassle or charge they sent me cases in very good conditions and a working disc. Plus, they sent me an extra game, "Bioshock (360)" as a courtesy for the trouble.

I know sending an extra game for such hassles is rare or even zero from happening, but that was my experience with them and I was pretty happy at the end.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']I do not like Gamestop in many ways so I don't shop from them, but there was one time I ordered four used games from their online store.
One arrived with the Blockbuster black rental case, one arrived within poorly conditioned case and one game did not work.

I contacted Gamestop customer service and without a hassle or charge they sent me cases in very good conditions and a working disc. Plus, they sent me an extra game, "Bioshock (360)" as a courtesy for the trouble.

I know sending an extra game for such hassles is rare or even zero from happening, but that was my experience with them and I was pretty happy at the end.[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong. I don't necessarily have much against GS. It's just funny to see someone say on these forums that they are reliable. They are far from that.

A shipment of like 10 used games was stolen off my front step - UPS's fault for leaving it in an unsecured area. UPS had to admit fault first, but after they did, GameStop promptly shipped me my order again - albeit they still didn't require a signature on the package, and UPS left it in an unsecure location again but this time I got to it first.

Pretty decent customer service in my opinion.

i guess i should have read through this thread a bit more before placing an order. my fault i guess for not being aware. i've been trying to contact this guy to see what's going on with my assassin's creed 1 and 2 order i placed last week because all i've gotten from him was a paypal confirmation that he accepted my payment. wrote him an email a few days ago, but no reply as of yet. sent him a private message through here as well. i stated that if he can't ship the order by Friday (today), i want the order canceled.

i really hope i don't have to dispute this charge/payment, but if he doesn't reply, i won't have a choice.

if you're reading this, please respond mr. matt friel.

[quote name='illmeister80']i guess i should have read through this thread a bit more before placing an order. my fault i guess for not being aware. i've been trying to contact this guy to see what's going on with my assassin's creed 1 and 2 order i placed last week because all i've gotten from him was a paypal confirmation that he accepted my payment. wrote him an email a few days ago, but no reply as of yet. sent him a private message through here as well. i stated that if he can't ship the order by Friday (today), i want the order canceled.

i really hope i don't have to dispute this charge/payment, but if he doesn't reply, i won't have a choice.

if you're reading this, please respond mr. matt friel.[/QUOTE]

Good luck my man. You may as well go ahead and cancel/dispute that payment now and be done with it.

Today's deal sums up to about $41.94 with shipping, but Halo Reach is currently $54.99 with $20 video game credit offered from Amazon. That waters down to $34.99 with new and factory sealed condition, and guaranteed to give you one of the best customer services.
Of course, it's eligible for Free Saver Shipping and Two-Day for Prime members.

With Black Friday & Gold Box deal coming up near, I'm pretty sure the $20 credit can be easily applied to your potential purchas without having to worry about when to get rid of it before it ever expires.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Today's deal sums up to about $41.94 with shipping, but Halo Reach is currently $54.99 with $20 video game credit offered from Amazon. That waters down to $34.99 with new and factory sealed condition, and guaranteed to give you one of the best customer services.
Of course, it's eligible for Free Saver Shipping and Two-Day for Prime members.

With Black Friday & Gold Box deal coming up near, I'm pretty sure the $20 credit can be easily applied to your potential purchas without having to worry about when to get rid of it before it ever expires.[/QUOTE]
You're still paying $55 at amazon for it:roll:

[quote name='Brother Daz']You're still paying $55 at amazon for it:roll:[/QUOTE]

Well yeah but as stated, if you are going to spend your money on Black Friday deals and possibly on Gold Box deal, it's a saving in that matter.
It's not like we are throwing in hundreds of dollars and getting partially yet large money back as credits which then could be not a good deal depending on how much you are willing to spend on that particular store.

Just wanted to let folks know that when I received my GameCube grabbag, all three games were scratched up. I let drfrielgood know and he/she sent a replacement grabbag, which I received today. The second set of discs are in better shape, so I'll check if they're playable tonight. But regardless, I appreciate the responsive customer service.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Is this Reach copy from Thailand like I hear your games (too often) are. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

I've never heard of him shipping out international versions of a games without making it very clear in the product description. Plenty of places sell international versions of games, seeing as they can often be had for cheap, so I don't see how it's "funny."

Anyway, I think it's back up to $60 on Amazon, but is still eligible for the $20 credit. I'd probably go with a new copy from Amazon, simply because there are always cheap games on there to use the $20 credit on.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Well yeah but as stated, if you are going to spend your money on Black Friday deals and possibly on Gold Box deal, it's a saving in that matter.
It's not like we are throwing in hundreds of dollars and getting partially yet large money back as credits which then could be not a good deal depending on how much you are willing to spend on that particular store.[/QUOTE]

Credit is nice, but keep in mind you are paying almost $20 more for it anyway which almost negates the credit return...

[quote name='rawrker']Credit is nice, but keep in mind you are paying almost $20 more for it anyway which almost negates the credit return...[/QUOTE]
Note that it's also a NEW copy you're buying for $20 more.

Vouching for the customer service as well, I got in on the gamecube deal:

Sonic Adventure Battle 2 - worked (son loves it!)
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour - didn't work (scratched & pitting on the disc)
Zelda: Twilight Princess - didn't work (scratched & pitting on the disc)

Contacted drfrielgood since a 33% success rate wasn't worth the $15 I paid. Sent out 2 replacement discs which I received in about a week:

Pokemon Colosseum - works (light scratching on disc)
Zelda: Four Swords - works (light scratching on disc)

I can't speak for anyone else's poor customer service dealings with gamedealdaily, but I am happy that my situation was resolved to my satisfaction. I can understand drfrielgood's frustration with the gamecube disc situation since it sounded like these were more difficult to deal with than say an xbox or ps2 grabbag.

I will continue to be on the lookout for more deals from gamedealdaily and possibly partake if the price is right...

For those who have been waiting for orders - we shipped out a bunch out today and will have the rest of them in the mail tomorrow, including the Halo: Reach orders from yesterday.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Final Fantasy XIII adds up to $29.94 with shipping.
While this one is used, you can get the game on Amazon with free shipping for $29.55 new/sealed.[/QUOTE]

Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back