Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl Replacement Program.

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
If you owned POFC: COTBP then you must call Disney CS to get your replacement for Free by calling 1-800-723-4763 (US) or 1-800-877-2843 (CAN). Give them your contact information and your shipping address along with your stock 5 digit number: 53455. Even if you don't owned then that might be tricky, lol! You don't need to return back the error disc. Just keep them or blend it for yourself. Anyway, you'll get your replacement within 5-10 business days! Happy Holiday!

[quote name='MrDubbs']damn, their slow to answer[/quote]

Yeah it takes awhile on hold but once they answer it's a piece of cake. The chick sounded cute too. :lol: Anyway, like the OP said, you'll get a replacement disc one (of the 2 disc BD package) in 7-10 business days is what she said.

[quote name='lawdood']Yeah it takes awhile on hold but once they answer it's a piece of cake. The chick sounded cute too. :lol: Anyway, like the OP said, you'll get a replacement disc one (of the 2 disc BD package) in 7-10 business days is what she said.[/quote]
word, I was surprised when she answered

it was really easy though once I got through, she only asked for those 5 digits and told me to keep the old one

Is this error ONLY on the Blu-Ray version of the film?

My experience with Disney CS in the past is that they are very friendly and they work to make sure you are extremely satisfied by the resolution.

[quote name='xbox_mole']Is this error ONLY on the Blu-Ray version of the film?

My experience with Disney CS in the past is that they are very friendly and they work to make sure you are extremely satisfied by the resolution.[/quote]

Yes, the DVD version is fine

i got the same girl too...and will also get my replacement...tnx for the post...i havent heard about this problem..

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']If you owned POFC: COTBP then you must call Disney CS to get your replacement for Free by calling 1-800-723-4763 (US) or 1-800-877-2843 (CAN). Give them your contact information and your shipping address along with your stock 5 digit number: 53455. Even if you don't owned then that might be tricky, lol! You don't need to return back the error disc. Just keep them or blend it for yourself. Anyway, you'll get your replacement within 5-10 business days! Happy Holiday![/quote]

Is this the first time it's been fixed, or was it fixed awhile ago and this is for people that bought it early? The number on the back of mine is 53455-1... Is that a revision, or is it the same thing?

[quote name='leshrac55']Is this the first time it's been fixed, or was it fixed awhile ago and this is for people that bought it early? The number on the back of mine is 53455-1... Is that a revision, or is it the same thing?[/quote]

This is the first time it's being offered for replacement, not sure about them fixing it though

Thankz! I'll give them a call tomorrow and have them sent my replacement. My copy is still sealed because it was going to be a present.

They're not answering the phones anymore.

They're telling you to email them at [email protected].

They tell you to send your Name, Address, Phone number, and Disk UPC to that address and they'll get back to you.

We'll see how long that takes.

i ignored that blurb on the phone "i wasnt able to catch the email address" and the woman took all my info [even had me verify a number on the bottom of the disc that was incredibly hard to read]

she was nice and said it would come soon

how do i know if i need a replacement? I didn't notice any problems on my initial viewing of the movie.

Sweet. Hanging out at my ex's today so I'll definatly do this tomorrow. Granted I've yet to watch my blu ray copy (hell, still haven't watched the second one period and I have it on blu ray). Had been wondering how bad the framing issue was, but saw on hi def digest about this after seeing this thread and they had an example. Christ, how the fuck can something like that slip by...

[quote name='BooSe86']how do i know if i need a replacement? I didn't notice any problems on my initial viewing of the movie.[/quote]
If you own it, you need a replacement--all of them had the framing issue (just search for "pirates framing issue" in google and you should get a bunch fo sites with pictures showing the error.)

Wasn't aware of this. Had picked up the BR to replace my SD version and didn't even open the package yet. Thanks for the heads up OP, and for the posters who provided the email and webform links.

After e-mailing last night - received this reply:

"Thank you for your email. We have received your contact information and
will be sending you a new Pirates of the Caribbean Blu-ray disc shortly.

If you have any other questions please reply with history to this email.

Thank you for your patience.

Walt Disney Home Entertainment Technical Support"

I called them on Monday and had my replacement disc show up yesterday in the mail. It was shipped in a plain manilla envelope, with the disc in a slip case, not the full case + packaging.

I haven't checked the disc for anything to identify it as the "fixed" version, though I'll see if I can do that later today. Checked the disc externally, no sign of anything on the outside of the disc that's showing it to be the "fixed" version. I'll have to pop it into the PS3 and go to the parts that had the issue and see if it's been fixed.

I bought this a while ago but haven't even watched it yet.....man.....I will call on this when I get back from my trip, thanks OP!

Hmmm. I still haven't even received an acknowledgement yet. Hopefully, it's just the holidays having an effect on the staff.

[quote name='Dimsdale']Hmmm. I still haven't even received an acknowledgement yet. Hopefully, it's just the holidays having an effect on the staff.[/QUOTE]
Same here.

bread's done
Back