Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl Replacement Program.

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
If you owned POFC: COTBP then you must call Disney CS to get your replacement for Free by calling 1-800-723-4763 (US) or 1-800-877-2843 (CAN). Give them your contact information and your shipping address along with your stock 5 digit number: 53455. Even if you don't owned then that might be tricky, lol! You don't need to return back the error disc. Just keep them or blend it for yourself. Anyway, you'll get your replacement within 5-10 business days! Happy Holiday!

I used the online form approach and received an e-mail that my new disc had been sent out within hours. I recommend everyone use the online issue form.

Where in the movie exactly is the problem? I just watched my "problem" copy and didn't really notice anything....

I'm having a hell of a time trying to read any numbers on the bottom side of my disc to fill out the online form.... any suggestions?

crap it doesnt work anymore. just called. you need to email them your contact info and your UPC from the box. crap.

EDIT: NOTE that I was trying to get it free. I don't have a legit copy.

[quote name='Markn951']EDIT: NOTE that I was trying to get it free. I don't have a legit copy.[/QUOTE]

Thats a bad thing, trying to take advantage of a good thing done by a company, for their customers. (them trying to right a wrong).

I am going to put this one a little bit above return fraud on the douchiness scale.

[quote name='jonlubbe']
I am going to put this one a little bit above return fraud on the douchiness scale.[/QUOTE]

And I would put that directly below owning a PS3 just to be "ahead of the curve."

[quote name='Markn951']crap it doesnt work anymore. just called. you need to email them your contact info and your UPC from the box. crap.

EDIT: NOTE that I was trying to get it free. I don't have a legit copy.[/quote]

nice going scammer :roll:

Has anyone received their replacement disc via the email method (not the fill in form)? I also sent my email last Friday and heard nothing back yet.

If not I'll have to redo via the fill in form, which seems to be faster. Some people received theirs within days.

I sent my email last week and still no reply. I only heard one person that got a reply asking for more information . So i put all my info so guessing a dvd will just show up in the next week . time will tell

I sent my email last week and still no reply. I only heard one person that got a reply asking for more information . So i put all my info so guessing a dvd will just show up in the next week . time will tell

I emailed them last week and it took them 2 days to reply and I got a reply last week saying that a disc will be sent to me. I put all my information in the email though.

[quote name='m0dem']I emailed them last week and it took them 2 days to reply and I got a reply last week saying that a disc will be sent to me. I put all my information in the email though.[/quote]I also included all my info, including UPC # and their stock number, but still no response. Guess I'll keep waiting.

I sent an email in, got a reply the next evening and already got my disc in the mail. The email went out the day after this thread was posted.

I've been trying to call all morning but the phone won't even ring. It's weird because when I tried yesterday it rang and I got the "we're closed" message. I tried the form on the website but I haven't gotten a reply at all. What other method can I try?

OK CHECK THIS OUT:

I submitted my email for the replacement as soon as this thread was made. I got this email today:

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for the email. We have received your contact information and will be sending you a return mail label to return your disc to us. Please only return the disc and keep all original packaging. Upon receiving your disc we will send out a replacement to you.

If you have any other questions please reply with history to this email.

Thank you for your patience.

Walt Disney Home Entertainment Technical Support
----

Of course, I do own the disc. I guess they got spammed for free discs.

[quote name='poisonedpawn45']OK CHECK THIS OUT:

I submitted my email for the replacement as soon as this thread was made. I got this email today:

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for the email. We have received your contact information and will be sending you a return mail label to return your disc to us. Please only return the disc and keep all original packaging. Upon receiving your disc we will send out a replacement to you.

If you have any other questions please reply with history to this email.

Thank you for your patience.

Walt Disney Home Entertainment Technical Support
----

Of course, I do own the disc. I guess they got spammed for free discs.[/quote]

It's because of douchebags like the one who posted on the previous page trying to get a copy for free.

I sent them an email when the thread was first posted, then called them the next day. The cute sounding girl that everyone mentioned in the thread said that she could take my info over the phone to speed things up. So it never hurts to try both ways. I actually got a copy off Amazon in the summer, so my case was legit.

Guess I should try calling again, even though the automated answering tells you to just email the info. I've emailed twice now and got zero response.

[quote name='grendel19']Guess I should try calling again, even though the automated answering tells you to just email the info. I've emailed twice now and got zero response.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I filled out that form as well and still no response.

i just finally decided to see if my disc was affected and it is...

i never noticed before..

has anyone received their discs from sending in an email?

are the making us send the bad disc in now?

Damn it, for some odd reason I kept overlooking this thread because my mind kept thinking this was for the third one and I dont have that one yet. Now I have to call and get my replacement disc as I have had this movie for 3 weeks now and haven't watched it yet.

got my packet today, it includes a shipping label for the old disk, but not an envelope, how anal should I be in mailing out the old disk.

[quote name='jonlubbe']got my packet today, it includes a shipping label for the old disk, but not an envelope, how anal should I be in mailing out the old disk.[/quote]

Got the same thing yesterday. I will prob just use an old bubble mailer I have around somewhere.

Just picked up the first two Pirates movies at TRU yesterday BOGO and COTBP did not have the frame out of sync. Hopefully others that pick them up will not have the problem.

[quote name='Crichton']Just picked up the first two Pirates movies at TRU yesterday BOGO and COTBP did not have the frame out of sync. Hopefully others that pick them up will not have the problem.[/QUOTE]

Great tag and avy. Chrichton was the most cursed man in the universe.

I just bought blakc pearkl tday. What specifically should I be looking for as the defect. I hear frane==me synch issue but do you mena the sound doesn't synch with the movie? And what's the time stamp where problems happen?

NM, I found a example.

original.jpeg

I have not received a reply from 2 emails and a the form I filled out, so I called today. The lady I spoke to said they sent me a reply last night which I never got, and I will be receiving a pre paid envelope to send the old disc back. I guess this is going to be a long process until I get my new disc.

I just got an email from them (3 weeks after I sent mine) saying they will be sending me a prepaid label to ship it back to them and then when they receive it they will send me my new one. What a bunch of BS!! So I have spend however long they take to send me a new one without the frickin blu-ray I PAID FOR because of THEIR mistake?!! Hell no! They will be hearing it from me.

[quote name='mj1984']I just got an email from them (3 weeks after I sent mine) saying they will be sending me a prepaid label to ship it back to them and then when they receive it they will send me my new one. What a bunch of BS!! So I have spend however long they take to send me a new one without the frickin blu-ray I PAID FOR because of THEIR mistake?!! Hell no! They will be hearing it from me.[/QUOTE]

that sounds just like my story.

[quote name='mj1984']I just got an email from them (3 weeks after I sent mine) saying they will be sending me a prepaid label to ship it back to them and then when they receive it they will send me my new one. What a bunch of BS!! So I have spend however long they take to send me a new one without the frickin blu-ray I PAID FOR because of THEIR mistake?!! Hell no! They will be hearing it from me.[/QUOTE]
They are doing it this way to prevent fraud. I know it still sucks.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Good, I just checked and my blu-ray of PotC is OK Computer. No need for replacement.[/quote]
What's the stock number of your copy? If it is different from 53455, it would be the way to identify the corrected version in the stores.

[quote name='eau']What's the stock number of your copy? If it is different from 53455, it would be the way to identify the corrected version in the stores.[/QUOTE]

where do u find the number. i just got my movie from the "5 free by mail".

[quote name='trunks982']where do u find the number. i just got my movie from the "5 free by mail".[/quote]It's on the disc itself, in those small lines of text. I've also sent two emails and no replies yet, been almost 3 weeks. Guess I'll give them a call.

I sent them an e-mail and also fill out the webpage report and I didn't get any response.

i got my response today after like 2-3 weeks. it seems that the bluray i received in the mail from the "5 free by mail" is the one with the slipcover which i guessed its the fixed version.

the email told me they gonna send the return label to me. im guessing im gonna ignore that.

[quote name='eau']What's the stock number of your copy? If it is different from 53455, it would be the way to identify the corrected version in the stores.[/quote]

I just got a copy from TRU today and it was the corrected version as well. The stock number on the corrected version is the same as the bad version. So that won't help identify which copy you have. Maybe we could use the UPC to identify the corrected version. The UPC from my copy is 786936724790. Can anyone check if the the corrected version's UPC the same as the bad version's UPC?

[quote name='eau']What's the stock number of your copy? If it is different from 53455, it would be the way to identify the corrected version in the stores.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't look like it. Just 53455.

bread's done
Back