Pixar Movies - Blu-Ray Collectible Sets - $9.97 @ Costco - YMMV

DestroVega

CAGiversary!
Hey all, was in Costco today and stumbled upon these Pixar Blu-Ray gift sets for only $9.97, marked down from $30

500008-539-large.jpg

Comes with the blu-ray, DVD combo, sticker book, some other book, and lithographs.

They have Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Up, Wall-E, and Monsters, Inc.

I had been searching for the Toy Story movies cheap, but couldn't pass up on any of them.

Might be sold out or your store might not have marked them down but a heal of a deal.

The Costco nearest me in San Jose, CA (there's three nearby areas) had lots of Toy Story and Toy Story 2 and a couple Up.

No Wall-E or Monsters, Inc. though. If anybody has extra copies of these, I'll pay.

Picked up one of each edition. Not sure why I did since I already own all 5 movies on BR. Maybe I can trade them in to Amazon.

It sure would be nice if my fucking posts would stop getting deleted without any explanation whatsoever. If I knew what I was doing wrong, I might be able to...you know...not do it anymore. Anyway...

[quote name='DarkRider23']Any confirmation that this will still be $9.97 sunday? I didn't get a chance to make it out there :(.[/QUOTE]
These are $9.97 until they sell out. It's a clearance. You don't have to worry about the price going back up, but people are snatching these up like crazy. The Costco by us has already sold out.

[quote name='ZombieToast']It sure would be nice if my fucking posts would stop getting deleted without any explanation whatsoever. If I knew what I was doing wrong, I might be able to...you know...not do it anymore. Anyway...

These are $9.97 until they sell out. It's a clearance. You don't have to worry about the price going back up, but people are snatching these up like crazy. The Costco by us has already sold out.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'll get them tomorrow them. Hopefully, there are still some around by then.

Does Costco take coupons? I have an upgrade to Blu $8 off coupon for Wall-E, and wondered if it can be used there?

[quote name='outcastjon']Does Costco take coupons? I have an upgrade to Blu $8 off coupon for Wall-E, and wondered if it can be used there?[/QUOTE]

They do not take coupons except their own.

[quote name='DRV']The Costco nearest me in San Jose, CA (there's three nearby areas) had lots of Toy Story and Toy Story 2 and a couple Up.

No Wall-E or Monsters, Inc. though. If anybody has extra copies of these, I'll pay.[/QUOTE]

The Almaden Costco had all of them today. The price was listed as $29.99 (one of them was updated to $19.99), but they rang up as $9.99!!! THANKS OP!!!

Found most of them in Alpharetta, GA today at lunch. The only one missing was WALL-E.

Thanks for the heads-up, OP! I'm very happy! Any yes, the digital codes are still good (at least, on MONSTERS, which I'm redeeming right now).

The Costco in South Anchorage, AK has an obscene amount of all titles. I just came up from L.A. where they were out of everything (as well as Denver where I spent a few days). I was surprised to see so many here, but then again, this *is* Alaska...

[quote name='movie_mike']The Costco in South Anchorage, AK has an obscene amount of all titles. I just came up from L.A. where they were out of everything (as well as Denver where I spent a few days). I was surprised to see so many here, but then again, this *is* Alaska...[/QUOTE]

hey a fellow cag in my neck of the woods, thanks fo rthe tip ill have to go check out see if theres any at the southside i want to pick up.

[quote name='thesis88']Are all these Blu-rays still listed for $9.97 even after Sunday?[/QUOTE]

It was said like three different times. It's a clearance. Which means they're gonna be 9.97 until they're gone.

Hi,

They had a few UP, Toy Story1 and Toy Story 2 in Bozeman Montana last night. Only about 2 of each so I think they will be gone soon. Pretty solid set - especially for $9.97. I got TS 1 & 2 since I had never broken down and purchased the Blu Ray versions.

Chris

[quote name='El Gray']Found most of them in Alpharetta, GA today at lunch. The only one missing was WALL-E.

Thanks for the heads-up, OP! I'm very happy! Any yes, the digital codes are still good (at least, on MONSTERS, which I'm redeeming right now).[/QUOTE]
How many were left in that Costco?

[quote name='jinxmitchell']Woodland, CA Costco still has all of them, but they haven't lowered the price to $10 yet. They're currently $20.[/QUOTE]

Did you try having one rung up? I know a few locations haven't change the pricing stickers but they ring up as $9.97.

Saw Toy Story and Toy Story 2 only. They were tagged at $19.97. I'm guess a price check might bring up $9.97, but I was not interested anyhow.

$20 is still half price and still a good deal. Disney movies never go down in price for any reason.

[quote name='TheCarsForever']Did you try having one rung up? I know a few locations haven't change the pricing stickers but they ring up as $9.97.[/QUOTE]

Oh, cool. I'll have to try with one this weekend. Thanks

Crap, the Venice/Culver City location didn't have any earlier this week. In fact, their entire DVD/Blu section was shrunk to next to nothing! Anyone found these for the clearance price at any LA/SoCal stores (and if so, which ones?)???

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jinxmitchell']Woodland, CA Costco still has all of them, but they haven't lowered the price to $10 yet. They're currently $20.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up.

They're 9.xx today. When I was paying for mine the cashier knew all about the price, saying employees were buying stacks of them and that she was considering buying a bunch and selling them online. All titles were still available when I left...but go soon. There was a sign with the correct prices up and seeing as they occupied the whole bottom/floor level, it was hard to miss. Man, there were a LOT of them. I have a feeling they may disappear this weekend though...employees and all.

[quote name='karkyco']Crap, the Venice/Culver City location didn't have any earlier this week. In fact, their entire DVD/Blu section was shrunk to next to nothing! Anyone found these for the clearance price at any LA/SoCal stores 9and if so, which ones?)???[/QUOTE]

I picked some at the glendale store. There were quite a few left

Well, since I didn't have any luck getting a copy from anyone on here, I went ahead and bought Monsters Inc. for $20. It's still a decent price, but it's a bit more than I wanted to pay for this dumb movie. Stupid wife and kid...

[quote name='JediDeath']I haven't had a chance to head down to my local Costco recently, but does anyone know if Ratatouille is in one of these sets?[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure it's only Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Wall-E, Up, and Monsters Inc. No other movies are advertised on the back of the boxes and I've never heard of any other movies being mentioned in regards to these sets.

Nope.

It's just Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Monster's Inc., Wall-E, and Up.

My Costco only had Toy Story and Toy Story 2, and they were brought up to $19.97.

Still trying to get a copy of Wall-E.

[quote name='DRV']Nope.

It's just Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Monster's Inc., Wall-E, and Up.

My Costco only had Toy Story and Toy Story 2, and they were brought up to $19.97.

Still trying to get a copy of Wall-E.[/QUOTE]

Oh well. I'm going to try mine after work, if they're on sale and I see one, want me to pick it up?

For anyone that is interested in the houston area, the Costco by memorial city mall on i-10 has each one in stock with multiple copies, atleast 2 of each really didn't look. its not labeled 9.97, but it will ring up that price.

I happened to be at the Manhattan Beach Costco and they had 11 of Toy Story 1 in stock, marked $19.97 which is most likely why people passed them up. I picked up 10 of them for $9.97 each. Not sure if they all have the same Costco SKU (I assume they do because their Costco tags say "ASSTD" IIRC the SKU is 540311), but these were the last ones in Los Angeles.

If anyone wants to trade 1 for 1 for any of the 4 other movies, let me know.

b9b5e857.jpg

bread's done
Back