Places to sell your games

stephen997

CAGiversary!
First off Im new to the forums and might have posted this in the wrong thread;)
Second I want to know what is the best place to sell your games at
There are a few places near my house
-Blockbuster
-GameCrazy
-GameStop/Ebgames

Does anyone know which is the best place to sell your games at?

Blockbuster or Gamecrazy, since Gamestop will give you next to nothing for your games. If you have an FYE nearby and they sell games AND your games are mint(no scratches) and complete(have the instruction manual, original cover art), then trade them to FYE since you will normally get much more for them there.

It depends from title to title though, so beware and ALWAYS ask what a game rings up for in credit before agreeing to trade it.

And, SKIP CRAIGSLIST since people on there expect to be able to get your games/systems for nothing, even if you write 'FIRM' in your ad people think there's 'room to haggle'.

And, SKIP CRAIGSLIST since people on there expect to be able to get your games/systems for nothing, even if you write 'FIRM' in your ad people think there's 'room to haggle'.
What 's the point of not trying? You can post on ad on there and see if you get someone willing to pay what you want. If you get people who try to haggle down, you just say no. Seeing as Craigslist is free, there is no good reason not to at least post an ad and see if you get a decent offer. No one is forcing you to seel the stuff to the people. It's always smart to try a few different avenues to see what the best offer you can get is.

I've sold dozens of items through Craigslist. Mostly, it is larger things, like computers and consoles bundled together with a lot of games. Yeah, I get a lot of people e-mailing me with just terrible offers, but I obviously don't sell the stuff to them. I also find plenty of people willing to pay a little more than I would have gotten on eBay, because they end up not having to pay to ship (and perhaps insure) the item(s).

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']What 's the point of not trying? You can post on ad on there and see if you get someone willing to pay what you want. If you get people who try to haggle down, you just say no. Seeing as Craigslist is free, there is no good reason not to at least post an ad and see if you get a decent offer. No one is forcing you to seel the stuff to the people. It's always smart to try a few different avenues to see what the best offer you can get is.

I've sold dozens of items through Craigslist. Mostly, it is larger things, like computers and consoles bundled together with a lot of games. Yeah, I get a lot of people e-mailing me with just terrible offers, but I obviously don't sell the stuff to them. I also find plenty of people willing to pay a little more than I would have gotten on eBay, because they end up not having to pay to ship (and perhaps insure) the item(s).[/quote]

Well, I've had the typical smartass responses, saying 'I could get this cheaper @ such n such a site', to which I respond 'Well then, go buy it there'. I've sold only a couple things that I posted on CL, games to be precise. I sold one of the original printing DMC 5th Anniversary Collections and a copy of Heroes Of The Pacific for Xbox for about $35 or so total.

But, most of the rest of my ads have been total wastes of time, as have the assholes who responded to them. From the morons who say 'I'll be over in 20 minutes to check out your stuff' then never show, to the aforementioned lowballing jerkwads. This is why I tell people from CAG and elsewhere to avoid CL at all costs for most everything.

Plus, I was under the assumption that the OP wanted the quickest and easiest way to sell their games, which CL IS NOT!!

bread's done
Back