Planet Earth BD 29.99 (~$35 total) from Discovery.com - TODAY ONLY

Not bad. However, I did just get the Planet Earth BBC version with David Attenborough as narrator for around the same total price through amazon.co.uk last month. Besides the narration the BBC version offers a few extra perks like an extra disc.

Plus the BBC version is uncut, so to speak. The Discovery version is missing some footage so they could squeeze commercials in there.

Great deal, very popular on ebay.
iy.gif

iy.gif

Use coupon code "EML2009" for $5 off.
Now you can get it for $29.99.

The Blu-ray is cheaper than the DVD, lol....

[quote name='chillot']Must be dead, its showing 34.99 now :([/QUOTE]
Buy the one from Amazon UK instead. It's 1080p instead of 1080i and doesn't have any missing footage.

ordered it thanks... I only got 1080i right now and hate waiting for shipping times.. total after coupon and shipping was roughly 36$ and says it will be here in 4-6 days.... Next year or so when I get a 1080p I will just trade/sell this set and grab the other one... Does anyone know if the uk and us versions differ as to what is said by the nararrators?

[quote name='James in VA']Today (2/3) only. $29.99 plus S&H and tax. Came to $35.72 for VA. Note that this is the Discovery version which has Sigourney Weaver as the narrator. Also, I'm told this was mastered in 1080i vs 1080P.

Link: http://shopping.discovery.com/product-65763.html?jzid=40587927-68-0[/QUOTE]

I might be wrong but I think most if not all Discovery related blu rays are 1080i. I remember looking at my Dads BBC version vs my Discovery version and they both said 1080i.

bread's done
Back