Planet Earth - DVD($20) BLU($25) + S&H --- DiscoveryStore.com Sales --- Today Only

Ick! BBC FTW! I still have my HD-DVD's :)

Anyone know if the new series "Life" has a different BBC version? I think Oprah is the U.S. version...

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']I need to be educated. But what's the difference between US and BBC version?[/QUOTE]
Different Narrator, and several minutes of footage are cut from every episode.

yeah i bought this version on impulse, before researching it.. right after christmas, i think the same sale.. i tried to cancel, but cant cancel...

[quote name='UjnHunter']Ick! BBC FTW! I still have my HD-DVD's :)

Anyone know if the new series "Life" has a different BBC version? I think Oprah is the U.S. version...[/QUOTE]

I sure as hell hope so. Oprah? WTF? Instead of having Mike Rowe narrate the pointless "Planet Earth Extremes" (Planet Earth w/ new narration pretty much) they should have had him narrate "Life".

BBC version is narrated by Sir David Attenborough, has a longer run time, and is mostly in 1080p (there were some that couldn't be shot in 1080p, so the box says 1080i, but the vast majority is 1080p).

The Discovery version is narrated by Sigourney Weaver, has segments that were cut out, and was broadcast in 1080i.

I bit on this deal the last time they had it going on. After snapping one of the discs in half by accident (in my defense this was the first time I've ever done that by accident) I ordered the BBC version.

There is definitely a noticeable video difference between the Discovery version and the BBC version.

I have the HD DVD of the BBC version that I got cheap from iNet or Amazon. I have thought about getting the Discovery version on BD if I can find it cheap. 25 bucks is still to much when I have to also pay S&H. I'm looking for around 15 total new. Then I might bite. I like Sigourney Weaver doing the naration. Only downside for me with the Discovery version is the stuff that was cut and the 1080i.

bread's done
Back