Planet Terror & Death Proof Blu-Ray - $9.99 @ Amazon

Tempting, OP, but I'm still holding out hope for a true Grindhouse Blu-ray...the best we got now is a Region 2 dvd, a 6-disc Japanese dvd set, and when Starz shows the theatrical cut.

[quote name='luvmysegadc']Tempting, OP, but I'm still holding out hope for a true Grindhouse Blu-ray...the best we got now is a Region 2 dvd, a 6-disc Japanese dvd set, and when Starz shows the theatrical cut.[/QUOTE]

I've been holding out as well...
Starting to think that they're never gonna actually do it
even though they keep saying its coming eventually.
Might bite if i can get both for $19.98...or just keep waiting

exclamation-error-red._V42752348_.gif
Important Message
Please note that the price of Death Proof [Blu-ray] has decreased from $21.99 to $9.99 since you placed it in your Shopping Cart. Items in your cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages.

Huh. I'm with luvmysegadc though. I'll hang on the my DVDs for now.
Somehow I've managed to never buy a single copy of Kill Bill holding out for a U.S. TWBA release.

I grabbed this deal and since I want to watch the double feature I picked up Death Proof and Planet Terror for $25. Not a bad deal. Seems like if you are patient, Amazon will come through eventually.

[quote name='TDAGARIM']Death Proof Blu-Ray - $9.99 Amazon

Now let's hope Planet Terror follows suit.[/QUOTE]

I hear you, though I was overall disappointed with Planet Terror. And that's coming from a huge zombie movie fan. Death Proof was fantastic, with some of the best dialogue I've ever watched in a film. Yes it was bullshit, but it captured just what a "girl's night out" is truly like.

Does anyone know if either of the Grindhouse movies has the fake movie trailers as a bonus item? I can't get enough of Thanksgiving :)

[quote name='Josef']Does anyone know if either of the Grindhouse movies has the fake movie trailers as a bonus item? I can't get enough of Thanksgiving :)[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure both Death Proof and Planet Terror only have the Machete trailer.

Strange. I ordered this on March 5th, and have Amazon Prime. However, it still hasn't shipped, and has an delivery estimate of March 22nd-March 24th! Everything I've ordered in the last 3-4 months from Amazon.com has shipped immediately after my ordering it, and been delivered within 2-3 days later.

This movie is the exception though.

[quote name='luvmysegadc']Tempting, OP, but I'm still holding out hope for a true Grindhouse Blu-ray...the best we got now is a Region 2 dvd, a 6-disc Japanese dvd set, and when Starz shows the theatrical cut.[/QUOTE]

This.

I have a rip of Grindhouse from Starz in HD. It is so awesome and makes the lack of a proper Grindhouse Blu-Ray hurt even more.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']I hear you, though I was overall disappointed with Planet Terror. And that's coming from a huge zombie movie fan. Death Proof was fantastic, with some of the best dialogue I've ever watched in a film. Yes it was bullshit, but it captured just what a "girl's night out" is truly like.[/QUOTE]

I bought Planet Terror as well. While it wasn't nearly as good as I expected it to be (Zombieland was the complete opposite, ending up a lot better than I thought), it's still more than worth $9.99 on Blu-ray.

Right now the title and original post are wrong. Death Proof is still 9.99, but Planet terror went back up to 14.99. Maybe some1 just got the titles mixed up, idk.

I'm just happy that I bought them both during that window when they were each 9.99. Planet Terror might go back down to 9.99 though, so my advice is to keep an eye on it.

[quote name='Sporadic']I have a rip of Grindhouse from Starz in HD. It is so awesome and makes the lack of a proper Grindhouse Blu-Ray hurt even more.[/QUOTE]

I watched the entire Grindhouse presentation on Starz HD a while back and it was really fun because it was how I remembered seeing it in the theater. Is there anyway to recreate that experience with the blu rays? Aren't all the awesome trailers included on one or both of the blu rays? Is there anything missing from the blu rays?

Edit: okay, I did some research and found out that only the machete trailor is on the Planet Terror Blu ray and that's it. That blows because you know they are going to re-release this whole thing whenever "Grindhouse 2" is released in theaters, whenever the fuck that is going to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Right now the title and original post are wrong. Death Proof is still 9.99, but Planet terror went back up to 14.99. Maybe some1 just got the titles mixed up, idk.

I'm just happy that I bought them both during that window when they were each 9.99. Planet Terror might go back down to 9.99 though, so my advice is to keep an eye on it.[/QUOTE]Sorry about that mix-up, it's been fixed in the OP and the title.

[quote name='TDAGARIM']Looks like the price is back down on Planet Terror.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the post, I grabbed one earlier today!

[quote name='kenjimeadu']Planet Terror is back to 9.99! (Just like TDAGARIM said)

Just picked it up.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001F0TM5S/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20[/QUOTE]

Same here, and better yet it was in my Gold Box picks, which meant I got it for $9.49! I only logged in to check and see if I a game I had in my cart had once again gone down in price (you've got to love Amazon's price fluctuations :roll: ), so it seems I did so at just the right time!

Items Ordered Price 1 of: Planet Terror (2-Disc Special Edition) [Blu-ray] [Blu-ray]
By: Rose McGowan, et al
Condition: New
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
$9.99

Gold Box Discount: -$0.50

bread's done
Back