plants vs zombies disc for xbox 360 comes w/ peggle and zuma 19.99 amazon preorder

[quote name='yarkitty123']Never hurts to have 'em on a disc. I can't even count the number of times I had an arcade/memory unit, sold it, then lost all my XBLA games.[/QUOTE]

As long as you have access to the gamertag that purchased the games, you can always just redownload them. And with a license transfer you can even transfer the licenses to a new console if you have purchased one.

K-Mart has a better deal on the Disc release.
It's $19.99 with a $10 off gaming coupon.
So it's like $10. Thats day one buy for me.
Really loved the demo.

Does anyone know (or has seen) if the disk includes the DLC for Peggle? I have both Pop Cap Arcade Disks already and want to get this but both games are already included in those releases so unless it has Peggle Knights (thats the DLC right?) then i might just buy on XBLA

[quote name='100xp']hopefully they'll include some avatar rewards too. I'd love to kick around a wallnut.[/QUOTE]

-side note, the disc for this months Xbox Magazine has PvZ gamer pictures on it. woo hoo i know, but those discs havent had ANYTHING cool for a while....

[quote name='adriley313']It's on the disc, but for $10 it's still cheaper that the arcade version[/QUOTE]
If the DLC Peggle Nights is on the disc then... good deal.

[quote name='bajingo']-side note, the disc for this months Xbox Magazine has PvZ gamer pictures on it. woo hoo i know, but those discs havent had ANYTHING cool for a while....[/QUOTE]

Sweet! Can't wait to get my issue.

Plants vs Zombies is one of the most addictive, fun games I have ever played. I was never really into the "tower defense" style of games until I got this game for the PC, and I absolutely love it. And the music for this game is absolutely incredible, anyone who hasn't heard it should! I'm waiting patiently for a PVZ2 announcement, no question it will be a Day1 purchase. I played it on the PC and of course the controls are great, haven't played it on XB but probably will pick it up for that too eventually.

I'm definitely heading to Kmart tomorrow to find out about this. I have Peggle but not Peggle Nights nor Zuma. I would definitely get this if it has the Peggle Nights DLC.

How do we get the kmartgamer.com coupons or are they automatically given at the store when you buy the select titles?

[quote name='Moltres423']http://www.jr.com/popcap-games/pe/POH_02_hy_2236/

REALLY hoping it has Peggle Nights. I have Peggle and want PvZ (kinda want Zuma too) but it will just be cheaper to buy the XBLA version if it doesn't have it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='therocky2']Got mine on the way from amazon, but I really doubt Peggle nights will be on the disc.[/QUOTE]

I hope Jr isn't lying here or that they are not mistaken.

Either way I will pick it up and wait for a confirmation then return it if need be

[quote name='Moltres423']I checked it out at Gamestop just now and saw no mention of nights on the back. Just an FYI[/QUOTE]

Yea but GS.com doesnt say anything about Peggle or Zuma

I was going to buy this myself (on disc), but instead got it "free" through Xbox Live. They had it available if you had a Taiwan account (found out about it here on CAG) for free instead of having to pay the 1200 points they're selling it for. Downloaded it, and love it!

i got hexic 2 a few years ago with a korean account i think. are there specific countries that get these kinds of promotions? so i can make accounts appropriately...

I was super stoked on this - the idea of sitting on my couch playing PvZ on my TV was super appealing. Then I downloaded the demo... after putting countless hours in on my Mac and iPhone, playing it with a controller just felt weird.

If you've never played it though, PvZ + Peggle + Zuma for $20 is a STEAL.

Just got it and looking at the back cover and instruction manual, it looks like the games don't install to HDD and just read off the disc. Bummer since I wanted to have my friend have it also. I am at work so I didn't get to put it in the Xbox yet.

[quote name='thrasher086']Just got it and looking at the back cover and instruction manual, it looks like the games don't install to HDD and just read off the disc. Bummer since I wanted to have my friend have it also. I am at work so I didn't get to put it in the Xbox yet.[/QUOTE]

dude, that's how it is with xbox games. If you install to a hd, you still need the disc to play.

the question is: does it still whirl your dvd drive after you've installed to the HDD>

[quote name='confoosious']dude, that's how it is with xbox games. If you install to a hd, you still need the disc to play.

the question is: does it still whirl your dvd drive after you've installed to the HDD>[/QUOTE]

If you played old Xbox Arcade or Pop Cap collections then no, that is not how it is. You can install them to your xbox and not use the disc. Similar to GOTY editions for Fallout and Oblivion where you would install the DLC first to your HDD. You can let a friend borrow those discs and give them back without an issue.

Looks like they are doing it the "right" way where the disc must be in to play.

[quote name='thrasher086']If you played old Xbox Arcade or Pop Cap collections then no, that is not how it is. You can install them to your xbox and not use the disc. Similar to GOTY editions for Fallout and Oblivion where you would install the DLC first to your HDD. You can let a friend borrow those discs and give them back without an issue.

Looks like they are doing it the "right" way where the disc must be in to play.[/QUOTE]
o_O I thought the arcade and Pop Cap collections still required the disk. But I guess I'm not 100% sure on that.

Does this have Peggle Nights?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']o_O I thought the arcade and Pop Cap collections still required the disk. But I guess I'm not 100% sure on that.
[/QUOTE]

I always just kept my disc in there. What i found annoying (and the question i was asking) was that it kept spinning the disk even after I installed it to the hard drive. Someone in the kmart thread was investigating.

[quote name='thrasher086']Just got it and looking at the back cover and instruction manual, it looks like the games don't install to HDD and just read off the disc. Bummer since I wanted to have my friend have it also. I am at work so I didn't get to put it in the Xbox yet.[/QUOTE]

You are a moron.

That, friends, is called PIRACY.

[quote name='confoosious']I always just kept my disc in there. What i found annoying (and the question i was asking) was that it kept spinning the disk even after I installed it to the hard drive. Someone in the kmart thread was investigating.[/QUOTE]

Well I heard the Pop Cap games and Arcade discs were able to do that but you possible could be right. I do know for fact that DLC disc install without a disc needed after.

[quote name='thirtytwoutside']You are a moron.

That, friends, is called PIRACY.[/QUOTE]

I like how you act like the law around here. My bad, I won't be doing that officer. Thanks for making sure CAG is safe again so no one gets any "moron" ideas from me.

Relax, I am not burning the disc and putting it up on the internet for the whole world to have. I hope you never copied a music CD or should I say cassette back in the day to lend to a friend.

[quote name='thrasher086']If you played old Xbox Arcade or Pop Cap collections then no, that is not how it is. You can install them to your xbox and not use the disc. Similar to GOTY editions for Fallout and Oblivion where you would install the DLC first to your HDD. You can let a friend borrow those discs and give them back without an issue.

Looks like they are doing it the "right" way where the disc must be in to play.[/QUOTE]

IS THIS RIGHT? i can pickup the popcap 2 collection, install heavy weapon, and then return the disc?

-and thrasher, it IS piracy. you may just be giving it to your friends, but they didnt pay for it so.... im not talkin shit, i get my fair share of tv and movies through non-cable tv ways, but lets not pretend what you want to do is legit.

Got mine on the way from amazon, but I really doubt Peggle nights will be on the disc

I can't imagine why it would be. They're already giving you the game itself for free -- adding in DLC as well? Would be a great buy if so, but I would pretty much guarantee it won't be there.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']o_O I thought the arcade and Pop Cap collections still required the disk. But I guess I'm not 100% sure on that.

Does this have Peggle Nights?[/QUOTE]
I'd love to know too!

For those that bought the game, can you please confirm?

It should say on Peggle's title screen if you already have it, or if it just boots you up to XBLM so you can buy it meaning you don't.

[quote name='bajingo']IS THIS RIGHT? i can pickup the popcap 2 collection, install heavy weapon, and then return the disc?

-and thrasher, it IS piracy. you may just be giving it to your friends, but they didnt pay for it so.... im not talkin shit, i get my fair share of tv and movies through non-cable tv ways, but lets not pretend what you want to do is legit.[/QUOTE]

Both of you guys are right. I am not hiding the fact that it isn't. I am going by that the other guy does not have to call me a "moron" because of it. If he wrote it like you then it wouldn't bother me because it's true.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']I can't imagine why it would be. They're already giving you the game itself for free -- adding in DLC as well? Would be a great buy if so, but I would pretty much guarantee it won't be there.[/QUOTE]

Well not really. You are getting a compilation disk for $20 that includes 3 games two of them going for $15 on XBLA. So its not too far of a hope since they already released Peggle on Pop Caps Arcade vol 2 this would be more incentive to purchase this instead of the XBLA PvZ

[quote name='thrasher086']
Relax, I am not burning the disc and putting it up on the internet for the whole world to have. I hope you never copied a music CD or should I say cassette back in the day to lend to a friend.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I haven't. I'd let friends borrow the actual CD or cassette. My friends are generally not the type to be stealing things, either. These days, if I want a friend to hear a new song, I send them a Youtube link.

But hey, if you want to disregard the work people put in creating these games, what else would you label yourself as?

[quote name='thirtytwoutside']Actually, I haven't. I'd let friends borrow the actual CD or cassette. My friends are generally not the type to be stealing things, either. These days, if I want a friend to hear a new song, I send them a Youtube link.

But hey, if you want to disregard the work people put in creating these games, what else would you label yourself as?[/QUOTE]

Yeah you are right I am a pretty bad guy for doing that. I should have thought about that before saying anything. Damn I need to hangout with you and your friends more because it seems from what you say that everything you and your buddies do is by the book. Like I said before, you are right, it isn't right to give someone a copy if I was able to, but keep the insults to yourself. You seem like the type who would never go over the speed limit (even an extra 1mph) because that is breaking the law.

[quote name='tdc_raven']I just got this. Peggle nights is NOT included.[/QUOTE]
Thanks.

Since I already got Peggle, and I don't really need Zuma, I'll just wait for Plant vs Zombies to go down to the inevitable 800 points around the Christmas-ish December sale.

[quote name='thrasher086']Yeah you are right I am a pretty bad guy for doing that. I should have thought about that before saying anything. Damn I need to hangout with you and your friends more because it seems from what you say that everything you and your buddies do is by the book. Like I said before, you are right, it isn't right to give someone a copy if I was able to, but keep the insults to yourself. You seem like the type who would never go over the speed limit (even an extra 1mph) because that is breaking the law.[/QUOTE]

This is the last thing I'm going to say on this matter since this is a thread about a videogame and not a place to debate morality, but you can try to grasp at straws all you want - it doesn't make pirating software any less of an immoral act. You might as well ask "hey, is it possible to walk into Best Buy, shove a game down my pants, and then walk out of the store?"

And no, I actually do speed. There's a world of difference. Like I said, grasping at straws.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Thanks.

Since I already got Peggle, and I don't really need Zuma, I'll just wait for Plant vs Zombies to go down to the inevitable 800 points around the Christmas-ish December sale.[/QUOTE]

Or you could get it from K-Mart and get a 10 coupon for a future games purchase. Not really like paying 800 spacebucks, but good enough for me.

[quote name='thirtytwoutside']And no, I actually do speed. There's a world of difference. Like I said, grasping at straws.[/QUOTE]

You should stop doing speed, dawg. It'll really mess you up.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back