Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare $10 off any platform & Free DLC w/ the purchase of specially marked Cheetos @ Target

CodeTrader

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Cheetos® team-up with Target® and Plants vs. Zombies™ Garden Warfare to bring players exclusive DLC characters, $10 savings, and an abundance of custom prizes

Beginning August 19th, all specially marked Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare Cheetos snacks will get you $10 off the game on any platform, and a code to redeem online. That single redemption will get you ALL of the following:

1) A code for your platform of choice (Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC, PlayStation 3, or PlayStation 4) granting you Dr. Chester and Chester Chomper characters in-game, in addition to a Craaazy Sticker Pack containing a mix of consumables, accessories, and items.
2) An entry to win a custom designed Xbox One, PlayStation 4, or a custom controller in the daily* sweepstakes

Each code redeemed after that will grant you an additional Craaazy Sticker Pack, and another entry into the sweepstakes.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/plants-vs-zombies/cheetos-team-up-with-target-and-plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare/10152211071830178

I'm having a hard time with choosing the characters. I redeemed the code online and put in the xbox 360 code and downloaded it. I can't find the characters to use in the game though. Can anyone enlighten me?

I'm having a hard time with choosing the characters. I redeemed the code online and put in the xbox 360 code and downloaded it. I can't find the characters to use in the game though. Can anyone enlighten me?
Did you go to the Stickers mode at the Main Menu? You need to open all those packs to unlock the characters at the Stickers mode. Then you can go to the characters mode scroll till you see the unlocked characters.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if you can use them in Garden Ops mode.

Try an online match and you should be able to shift left and right to choose different character variants.

Did you go to the Stickers mode at the Main Menu? You need to open all those packs to unlock the characters at the Stickers mode. Then you can go to the characters mode scroll till you see the unlocked characters.
I opened the sticker pack when I redeemed the code. I just tried redownloading and still nothing in the characters menu. Gah

This promotion is going on past up to / past November. Its not going to be hard to find codes later on. 

Just a reminder, by nov/dec this DLC, it's going to be at the xbox marketplace to download for FREE, so PLEASE, don't spend and waste your money for a code more than $3

Just a reminder, by nov/dec this DLC, it's going to be at the xbox marketplace to download for FREE, so PLEASE, don't spend and waste your money for a code more than $3
Where did you find this information? I havnt seen this anywhere and I think you are just guessing. FYI past DLC from chips never made it the the marketplace... Let alone it being free.

"Until all the stickers are all gobbled up. If you can't find a lucky bag, I will be available at the end of the year as DLC."

Twitter account of Chester Cheetah
@ChesterCheetah

Lmao, if you don't believe it, u can also ask for this in @PlantsvsZombies, it makes me laugh when guys like you, are trying to get ridiculous profits from promos like this, and try to conceal the info to others.

Where did you find this information? I havnt seen this anywhere and I think you are just guessing. FYI past DLC from chips never made it the the marketplace... Let alone it being free.
I'm not sure where they got the info about it being free or being releaed in nov/dec.

@ChesterCheetah tweeted this...

At the end of the year, I’ll be available as downloadable content. If you can’t wait that long, check out #cheeseitforward

Keep an eye out for Party Size bags with stickers. If you can’t find them by the end of the week, please call 1-800-352-4477.
https://twitter.com/ChesterCheetah/status/501787100921229312

So maybe it's a guess based on that. Most likely it'll be free and nov/dec is at the end of the year. :)

"Until all the stickers are all gobbled up. If you can't find a lucky bag, I will be available at the end of the year as DLC."

@ChesterCheetah

Lmao, if you don't believe it, u can also ask for this in @PlantsvsZombies, it makes me laugh when guys like you, are trying to get ridiculous profits from promos like this, and try to conceal the info to others.
Of course he doesnt want to believe it, hes one of the people gouging.

@ChesterCheetah

Of course he doesnt want to believe it, hes one of the people gouging.
Sad how promos like this, with limited (for now) availability, bring out the bottom feeders out to make a buck on anything. I saw three bags at a local Target yesterday with stickers, but couldn't bring myself to buy them because I don't eat crap like Cheetos anymore (used to love them though). Even getting the Cheetos for free by selling the codes wasn't enough to bite (bad pun intended!).

292mbgn.jpg

I'll help a couple people out
I would love a code if its not too much trouble.

Dope. Thank for the heads up on the free thing. Not sure if I'll keep playing it by then unless they still have plan to release more free DLC like they have been.

How's the single player mode on this game? I've been on the fence about buying it from Best Buy. Not really concerned about the Cheetos DLC to be honest.

I just bought the game this weekend after using the game time thing, its fun. Its like team fortress 2, with plants and zombies

So, I have an extra code, and would like to trade for some (or all) of the Playstation exclusive hats/outfits (Ratchet, etc.). Is this even possible? Were the PS4 skins/hats a code or already in the game? PM me (I have the Cheetos code, so it can be for any system).

Sad how promos like this, with limited (for now) availability, bring out the bottom feeders out to make a buck on anything. I saw three bags at a local Target yesterday with stickers, but couldn't bring myself to buy them because I don't eat crap like Cheetos anymore (used to love them though). Even getting the Cheetos for free by selling the codes wasn't enough to bite (bad pun intended!).
Sad how all your point of view are skewed. I go to the store and legally buy a couple of bags of chips so I can get a code fir my son and got some extra codes to trade or sell. Check my feedback and presence in the trading forum is quite present. Get this straight, I do not eat cheetos so I basically paid almost $5 for each code. So what if I try to make a small profit. These codes at the time I got them were selling at twice my asking price. Honestly with having to drive 30 miles to target each way and my truck getting 11 mpg I am not really making a profit on these.

Here is where things get skewed... The employee that works at target STEALS a roll of the stickers/codes. Yes he stole them, those codes were meant for people who bought the bag of chips and spent the $5 per bag the same as i did. Do you really think he made the magically appear? Yet you applaud the thief and encourage him to get more, and you beg and plead to get a FREE/STOLEN code! How many people do you think went to that particular Target after he decided to keep the stickers for him self only to not find any? I bet quite a few because people all over the country are trying to find these.

Rag on me if you want. I dont care anymore...

On an added note, I was with my 10 year old son when I bought these. He asked why cant we just take the sticker off and not buy the bag. I had to teach him that it would dishonist... Too bad you parents didnt do the same!

Honestly with having to drive 30 miles to target each way and my truck getting 11 mpg I am not really making a profit on these.
So your saying you specifically drove that far out of your way just to get codes for your son / to sell online?

The main thing i have an issue with is you originally started begging for codes in this thread, now your selling them. Its ok for people to give to you, but you want others to pay.

Also, If your talking about who i think your talking about when you mention a "thief", he said that he stickered all available bags, plus all the games in the cabinet. Then he gave the rest out here...for FREE. If you think thats worse than you begging for free then turning around and selling codes, its you that are skewed friend. Please save the bad parenting pokes to yourself, because if you think driving 100 miles to get your son a DLC code is good parenting, your mistaken.

So your saying you specifically drove that far out of your way just to get codes for your son / to sell online?

The main thing i have an issue with is you originally started begging for codes in this thread, now your selling them. Its ok for people to give to you, but you want others to pay.

Also, If your talking about who i think your talking about when you mention a "thief", he said that he stickered all available bags, plus all the games in the cabinet. Then he gave the rest out here...for FREE. If you think thats worse than you begging for free then turning around and selling codes, its you that are skewed friend. Please save the bad parenting pokes to yourself, because if you think driving 100 miles to get your son a DLC code is good parenting, your mistaken.
I asked for a code too before getting my own, but just because he's giving them out for free doesn't make it any less of a theft. The stickers were there to sell bags of chips and video games, not to take home and distribute for free. I don't care so I get in where I fit in, but it's no better than an employee stealing the sheets of stickers to sell on ebay or someone ripping them off a bag without buying anything.

I don't have any sympathy for the guy asking $10 for them since he clearly is making money off it, but this thread is full of questionable stuff people have done for the stickers. People just side with whoever their moral compass is pointed towards.

"I go to the store and ..... and got some extra codes to trade or sell."

"I do not eat cheetos so I basically paid almost $5 for each code. So what if I try to make a small profit."

"How many people do you think went to that particular Target after..... only to not find any? I bet quite a few because people all over the country are trying to find these."

Rest my case.

if you by chance are giving some of those out, id like ONE please, i went to my store today and they had nothing at all, all i saw was 2 bags of cheetos popcorn on the shelf, nothing else.

"I go to the store and ..... and got some extra codes to trade or sell."

"I do not eat cheetos so I basically paid almost $5 for each code. So what if I try to make a small profit."

"How many people do you think went to that particular Target after..... only to not find any? I bet quite a few because people all over the country are trying to find these."

Rest my case.
Exactly my point.

Pure Hypocrisy.

Just so everyone knows, a friend of mine does hardlines for Target and I talked to him about this promotion. A whole bunch of stores never got these stickers period in my area so it's entirely possible if you couldn't find any they were never there.

Can grab one if anyone needs.   cost per bag is $4.49.  If anyone needs one.  Saw 5 last time I was there.  No way I am eating more than the 1 huge bag I got lol.  I like cheetos but the huge bags I have to buy these god it would take forever to go through them.  You have to open the bag to get the code off of them :whistle2:/

Can grab one if anyone needs. cost per bag is $4.49. If anyone needs one. Saw 5 last time I was there. No way I am eating more than the 1 huge bag I got lol. I like cheetos but the huge bags I have to buy these god it would take forever to go through them. You have to open the bag to get the code off of them :whistle2:/
I was able to pull mine off without opening the bag. Then I cut the sticker itself to get to the code inside. It probably depends on how well the employees stuck them on.

I ate 1 bag and I've had enough for now. I like Cheetos but they are too cheesy. Will probably eat the other bag next week.

I was able to pull mine off without opening the bag. Then I cut the sticker itself to get to the code inside. It probably depends on how well the employees stuck them on.

I ate 1 bag and I've had enough for now. I like Cheetos but they are too cheesy. Will probably eat the other bag next week.
I bought the last of the bags at our store as the "food item" (food-like item works too) for our family reunion.

They pretty much flew off the shelves, it seems. Either that or the employee didn't sticker all of them. I dunno, but seeing that huge roll of stickers from an employee is a tad disheartening.

Went to FOUR different Target locations multiple times during the week throughout So Cal. They all had party size Cheetos but not a single one had the promotional sticker. They said I could have gotten the gift card if I bought the game but I wanted the code on the darn Cheetos!

If anyone is giving away (or even trading) codes then hit me up! I can give you my gamertag to prove I actually have the game on Xbox One! Heck, I even have the original 1000 Gamerscore which shows how much I love this game!

I don't care about the Cheetos dude, but if anyone has a $10 off code they're not going to use, I would appreciate it. For $20 at BB, I'd buy the X1 version to play.

doh, i think i messed up. I got the dlc sticker bag and bought it and the game and it was $36ish with a $10 giftcard. They never took $10 off the game but i wasnt thinking til I got home and kids ate it already etc. doh?

wait im rereading the thread and i think the double dipping was just a rumor but never happened, so im good? i had to go grab some ghosts anyway but still.

[quote name="crazedracerguy" post="12043543" timestamp="1409166551"]I don't care about the Cheetos dude, but if anyone has a $10 off code they're not going to use, I would appreciate it. For $20 at BB, I'd buy the X1 version to play.[/quote]wait..... The $10 off coupon is a real thing?

doh, i think i messed up. I got the dlc sticker bag and bought it and the game and it was $36ish with a $10 giftcard. They never took $10 off the game but i wasnt thinking til I got home and kids ate it already etc. doh?

wait im rereading the thread and i think the double dipping was just a rumor but never happened, so im good? i had to go grab some ghosts anyway but still.
The $10 off was the $10 GC

I think you remember the past differently. See, the CAG I remember from 3+ years ago was one where people who liked cheetos simply bought a couple of bags and gave the codes out for free (or a slight charge to offset paying MSRP and their time / effort and only like $1 or $2 tops) to the people reading the thread that couldn't find them or didn't like cheetos.
CAGs like this are still around, we're just all in the Steam thread now.

I think you remember the past differently. See, the CAG I remember from 3+ years ago was one where people who liked cheetos simply bought a couple of bags and gave the codes out for free (or a slight charge to offset paying MSRP and their time / effort and only like $1 or $2 tops) to the people reading the thread that couldn't find them or didn't like cheetos.
I've been doing that (for amazon gcs), just trying to offset the price of that purchase. Still have some Xb1, PS4 and PS3 ones left, too.

I am looking for anyone who is nice enough to give me a ps4 code since my target (or any remotely close) to me never got any of the cheetos in.  please let me know. would greatly appreciate it.

I think I saw some of these at Target the other day. Is $10 off the game worth suffering through cheetos for?
Nope. Also given this game seems to have microtransactions up the wazoo it's only a matter of time before it's available for peanuts... or cheetos.

[quote name="Beatles93" post="12044236" timestamp="1409181514"]I bought a bag and I dont eat cheetos? We need a 101 ways to use cheetos book. Thats a million dollar idea right there.[/quote]nevermind

bread's done
Back