Plants vs Zombies, XBLA, 1200pts, September 8th, box release in the fall.

Bought this game last week, and my husband and I played it tons. He beat the game last night, and we're really happy with the amount of content it has. All those minigames, puzzle modes, and survival modes really add a mountain of icing to the cake. What with the zen garden and the tree of wisdom, you could get a lot of extra playtime out of this puppy.

Worth every bit of 1200.

I'll be picking this up at K-Mart since they are offering a $10 gaming coupon with it.
Don't mind spending $20 and $10 off is a bonus

[quote name='adriley313']I'll be picking this up at K-Mart since they are offering a $10 gaming coupon with it.
Don't mind spending $20 and $10 off is a bonus[/QUOTE]

Yeah, My nephew is totally getting a copy of this from Kmart. 3 games and $10 off something else = Win.

Finished the campaign today and had a ball. Looking forward to playing through all the other modes. My husband beat the game last week, and once you get the Zen Garden, money becomes not so much an issue.

I cheated, though, on the achievement that requires you to win 5 VS games in a row. My hubby and I tried playing against each other, but neither of us really wanted to beat the other one. So today I just signed in our other controller and beat the VS mode 5 times. Lame, but there you go.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Anyone know if the disc includes the Peggle DLC?[/QUOTE]

It does not.

Have the iphone version and can't pull the trigger for the Xbox version. Like the game a lot. Anyone else here find it is worth the double dipping? If yes, why? Give me a reason to blow points : )

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']Have the iphone version and can't pull the trigger for the Xbox version. Like the game a lot. Anyone else here find it is worth the double dipping? If yes, why? Give me a reason to blow points : )[/QUOTE]

This version has nicer graphics and like 10 times more stuff to do. The iPhone version is missing all the awesome minigames (which are actually fun, BTW). Local multiplayer is also quite enjoyable.

I'm curious about this one, but just not sure I'd like the controller control. It's so nice playing this on the iPhone, even better then with a mouse (I don't own the PC version, just tried the demo). I wish they'd just release all the mini games and multiplayer for the iPhone as DLC. I'd buy it.

[quote name='crunchewy']I'm curious about this one, but just not sure I'd like the controller control. It's so nice playing this on the iPhone, even better then with a mouse (I don't own the PC version, just tried the demo). I wish they'd just release all the mini games and multiplayer for the iPhone as DLC. I'd buy it.[/QUOTE]

Try the demo. The control is actually excellent. And the game doesn't tell you, but you can hold the triggers to suck up sun from anywhere on the screen.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']Do the mini games keep high score records? I'm a sucker for high score tables.[/QUOTE]

The mini-games aren't like that. They're more just about getting through the games.

I am not getting this version, but I just started playing the PC version and it is definitely a good time. Popcap with yet another easy to play, yet addicting game.

i hope the release part 2 on the XBLA and DS.
Im getting the DS version too. $20 is just so good.

Beat the campaign this morning and got the Achievement for Sunflower, Chomper and Wall-Nut.
Did it on Round 1-1. Wish you could play them over in any order you want.

Lov the Zen Garden,

They are making part 2 of Plants vs Zombies, but there's no information or release date yet.

I agree that you should be able to select individual stages after you've beaten the game.

I played through the survival modes tonight and unlocked the infinite survival mode. So, now I've got to beat the 40 waves to get that last achievement. :)

[quote name='Hoffer']I played through the survival modes tonight and unlocked the infinite survival mode. So, now I've got to beat the 40 waves to get that last achievement. :)[/QUOTE]

and done!! :)

Bought this game from Kmart because I wanted to play Peggle and figured you can't go wrong with 3 games for $10 after coupon. Ended up liking Plants vs Zombies the most and can't get enough of it. Really fun and addicting.

Is it possible to view the music video after beating the game? I wanted to show it to my husband but didn't see a way to view it again.

[quote name='RallyV']Is it possible to view the music video after beating the game? I wanted to show it to my husband but didn't see a way to view it again.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it is on youtube.

Wish I had known that you can't install the disc to the hdd. I may have purchased the XBLA version then. The game is hella-fun, though. Just had my first experience with it on Saturday, and then went out and bought it at K-Mart with a coupon I had. $6.xx for this game is not too shabby!

[quote name='shieryda']Wish I had known that you can't install the disc to the hdd. I may have purchased the XBLA version then. [/QUOTE]

Wouldn't you still have to have the disc in even after you installed it?

[quote name='utopianmachine']Wouldn't you still have to have the disc in even after you installed it?[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I think he's referring to the fact that all the Arcade discs give you the impression of actually installing the content. However, it's an illusion, as all the content is read from the Drive the entire time (listen to the drive as you play).
I already own the other two games, so it'd be a waste to buy this at the current price. I also hate that it's not a real install, and the game is still using the disc drive while I play.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Wouldn't you still have to have the disc in even after you installed it?[/QUOTE]

If you buy the disc version, yes. But a typical install to the hdd only requires that the disc be in the tray (it doesn't utilize the disc, but only plays it from the hdd, significantly prolonging the life of your console).

[quote name='shieryda']If you buy the disc version, yes. But a typical install to the hdd only requires that the disc be in the tray (it doesn't utilize the disc, but only plays it from the hdd, significantly prolonging the life of your console).[/QUOTE]

Interesting! Now that I finally upgraded from a 20GB HD to a 120GB, I've been thinking of installing games just to see if they really do decrease load times. Maybe I'll give it a shot. Considering the likelihood that my 360 will bite the dust someday, I'd sure like to push that date back as far as I can.

i install any game I'm currently playing to my hard drive and delete it when I'm down.
Don't know if it's faster but do it anyway.

I lov that video, it's so funny.

Yes, I encourage everyone I know to install their games to the hdd. It should speed up the load times (in most cases), and prolong your console's life. If you're not playing the game that's loaded, you can simply delete the installed game to free up space.

Also, there was a CAG thread about file sizes of installed games, in case anyone is curious about how much space will be required for a certain game (most are between 4-6 GB, I believe).

[quote name='shieryda']If you buy the disc version, yes. But a typical install to the hdd only requires that the disc be in the tray (it doesn't utilize the disc, but only plays it from the hdd, significantly prolonging the life of your console).[/QUOTE]

This does not apply to XBLA compilations though. As far as I know, every single compilation disc spins the disc the entire time you play.

I'm seriously considering getting rid of this game with only a few levels left (5-1, I think).

The problem is, I got through 1-9 on my own, then started playing with a buddy. We made it through 5-1 and had saved prior to this, but now when I log in and try to play, I'm still at 1-9!

I cannot figure out how we were able to save the progress to my hdd, go back into the game over Christmas and get that far only to see my progress set way back now.

Has anyone else had this issue or played part of the game single-player then co-op and be able to pick back up where you left off?

[quote name='DestroVega']any chance this goes to 800 points anytime soon?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, next week. And it's worth every penny. I love this game.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Yeah, next week. And it's worth every penny. I love this game.[/QUOTE]

Totally. I got it for 1,000 when they had some other promo (Limbo as well) and this was certainly worth it. Great game, highly addictive, and at times quite frustrating.

bread's done
Back