Platformer's Delight

Skitzle

CAGiversary!
Alright, so I'm a HUGE platformer fan, (or have become one in the last year)

In the last year I've beaten
Jak 1&2
Sly Cooper
Ratchet and Clank
Vexx
Prince of Persia Sands of Time
I'd reccomend all but Vexx

Games coming out soon/recently come out
Sly2
Jak 3
Ratchet 3
PoP2 (technically 4 courtesy of PC but i'll let it slide)

I will have no money at the end of next month courtesy of these games, San Andreas, Halo 2, X-men legends, tourismo 4, and MSG3 (and i think theres more i'm forgetting) Its a great time for gaming ain't it

Anyway, Here are my questions
Ratchet 2 is on my list of games to play,
I've conisdered buying Kya Dark Lineage, and Beyond Good and Evil, but don't really want to spend the cash.

So with those three games buy or rent?

Any other Platform game reccomendations?

Definently by Beyond Good and Evil. I picked it up at the TRU 50% sale for either $10 or 15 can't remember but it was awesome derinently worth it.

Ratchet 2: Definetly own, especially with it on the GH list now.

Kya Dark Lineage: Probably rent, unless you find it really cheap. I got it used for $10, and it was good enough...

Beyond Good and Evil: I loved this game, but the lack of a sequel coming kinda hurts it... Again, if it's cheap enough, grab it.

As far as recomendations, I'd personally suggest Pitfall: The Lost Expedition, if you can get it cheap. There's a lot of back tracking involved, but I've had a lot of fun with it. It's also kinda neat because the main character is voiced by the same guy who plays Spike on "Cowboy Bebop". I hope this helps.

I love BG&E and I hear the R&C2 is even better than the first (although I haven't played it). Kye is supposed to be decent and is only $10 at CC and BB. You should be able to pick these up for a total of about $35 or less so I'd say just get 'em.

dear god, go get Ratchet and Clank 2 now. I think it's $15.88 at Target (all PS2 greatest hits are this week). Run!

Spongebob: The Battle For Bikini Bottom.

Oh sure, everyone laughs at me for this one, but it's actually quite good. It's not a kid's game.. reminds me of Mario 64 in the things you do and whatnot.

[quote name='scsg75']dear god, go get Ratchet and Clank 2 now. I think it's $15.88 at Target (all PS2 greatest hits are this week). Run![/quote]

I agree - Ratchet 2 is a great game.

ICO's amazing, but not actually a platformer - really an adventure game.

Does anybody have opinions on the two Ty the Tasmanian Tiger games? or the two Tak games?

I've heard that Tak is better than expected platformer. I bought it for my cousins and they really enjoyed it. Ty I 've heard is just average.

Another vote for R&C 2. It is better than the first in many ways, and has higher replay value (there's actually a reason to go through it a second time!)

Sly 2 is awesome. I'm on the last mission now. The game is quite long, has a very good story, great mini games and boss fights. Very beautiful too. A must for platforming fans. I hope this one sells well enough to warrant another sequel.

And another vote for R&C2. Very addicting. Is it the weapons? The secrets? The worlds? Don't know - all I know is that it's hard to put down. Get it.

Beyond Good and Evil is a very, very good platformer. Its a shame it didn't sell too well. Ratchet and Clank 2 is another good one. Definitely must-owns if you enjoy platformers.

Any thoughts on Jak II?

bread's done
Back