Play-Asia: 360 Tomb Raider: Underworld $19.99 (Asian)

jstew9

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Searched and didn't see anything:
The 360 version of Tomb Raider Underworld is $19.99 (+$3.90 S&H) this week at Play-Asia.
Link -- Asian (Region Free)

Pretty good deal for those of us striking out at our local Targets.

If someone will let me know how to make Cheapy the referal link I'll update this topic -- want to make sure he gets the credit.
Finally found how it works in the affiliate FAQ -- no effort on my part.

/my first deal, searched and didn't see anything so be gentle if I did something wrong!

okay, do not buy from them, they never shipped the item and told me that item was shipped back to them, because no one was home. I asked for a tracking number to prove that they shipped the item and they said no.

I wonder if there's any issue with having this version and downloading the new DLC that's available for it.

Certainly at my price point, though I'm wondering if anyone who bought an Asian version of any 360 game has any issues with the DLC. I know the PS3 has some issues with DLC working right with non-US versions of games.

I've ordered from them twice with no troubles. Shipping will take at least 10 days though. I ordered a PAL version of Fracture and NTSCJ version of EndWar. Both play fine, and I downloaded some EndWar content.

I've successfully ordered several times from Play-Asia.

Other than one issue with a product never showing up (which they resolved by sending me another) I've received every package, if a bit slowly (10 days sounds about right).

As for DLC: I've gotten other Asian region games on the 360 in the past and successfully used the US marketplace DLC. This includes other Ubisoft games, which is good since the add-on packs for TR:U are on my want to buy list. But to be safe I would assume it is game dependent.

I know the PS3 has some region locked DLC (LBP for sure), so I'm not sure if it is up to the developer/publisher or if it is is a platform issue.

I've ordered many things from Play-Asia and only had a problem once. That was when I ordered a Dual Shock 3 for my PS3. The left analog stick quit working after 2-3 weeks. I tried to send it back, but Play-Asia didn't seem too interested in it. They said it was not their fault it was broke. That if I sent it back and they felt they weren't at fault, I was SOL. They wouldn't send it back or anything. So, I trashed it and waited for the DS3 to officially come to the US.

I will buy software from Play-Asia, but never again will order hardware from them.

[quote name='Hoffer']I will buy software from Play-Asia, but never again will order hardware from them.[/quote]

Good to know on the hardware. I had no problems with my copy of Siren: NT.

I've had good experiences with Play-Asia in buying Japanese games. Very reliable, and reasonably fast shipping from Asia.

The only problem I had was once when I ordered a out-of-stock game that they never restocked. But it was easy enough to cancel the order.

[quote name='shrike4242']I wonder if there's any issue with having this version and downloading the new DLC that's available for it.

Certainly at my price point, though I'm wondering if anyone who bought an Asian version of any 360 game has any issues with the DLC. I know the PS3 has some issues with DLC working right with non-US versions of games.[/QUOTE]

Should be okay since i used Japanese content with Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon but those are MS games.

bread's done
Back