Play-Asia & CAG Charity Raffle for Child’s Play Winners Announced: $10,485 Raised!

just donated another $10 bringing my total to $40 donated

might reach $50 just need to do some calculations to see if can afford another $10 or not

[quote name='Roufuss']Threw down a donation... it was small, but I'm kinda broke and every little bit helps, right?[/quote]

Absolutely! Somewhere, a small child is dreaming of Viva Pinata, and your donation has brought them that much closer to it.

3 hours!!!!

[quote name='marten']Absolutely! Somewhere, a small child is dreaming of Gears Of War, and your donation has brought them that much closer to it.

3 hours!!!![/quote]

Fixed

2 hours!

Sell the in-laws you hate so much...sell your sperm (or eggs, for the female variety), and sell your blood.

You can get it all back, I promise.

Best of luck to everyone (and especially ME and my whopping 1 entry).

Look at it this way....even if you don't win anything, someone else is winning because of you. (insert hallmark moment here) :roll:

Unofficial Final Total
Final: $10,285 [updated 12/19 3:20am est]
Goal: $5,000

The above is the unofficial final tally as some payments still haven't cleared.
Because of this, I will need to wait a few days before drawing the winners.

I want to congratulate the CAG community on this awesome achievement. I never would have guessed we would have smashed our goal and topped $10,000. I am really so proud of all you who contributed.

Also, I'd like to send a big thanks to Play-Asia.com who were so easy to work with!

10k...that is a LOT of 360's, Gears of War, and Condemned.

CAG, corrupting the young minds of America, from coast to coast.

I like the sound of that. Way to be un-cheapasses :applause::applause:

[quote name='CheapyD']Unofficial Final Total
Final: $10,285 [updated 12/19 3:20am est]
Goal: $5,000

The above is the unofficial final tally as some payments still haven't cleared.
Because of this, I will need to wait a few days before drawing the winners.

I want to congratulate the CAG community on this awesome achievement. I never would have guessed we would have smashed our goal and topped $10,000. I am really so proud of all you who contributed.

Also, I'd like to send a big thanks to Play-Asia.com who were so easy to work with![/QUOTE]

Damn, that is crazy.

I'm glad to see people put some of the savings they got here to a good cause.

Good Job... thats awsome... and its cool that people donated prizes... i guess its too late to donate my copy of superman returns....oh well, next time

BTW my son really wants Viva piniata, hes only a month but he Kills in Gears...JP

I was thinking about this. I regularly come to this site in order to save a few bucks on game X or the hint book for game Y, or maybe even (in the case of my 360) a game console. It's literally implict in the site name - Cheapassgamer - for "cheap ass gamers". So I wondered: since everyone comes here to save a few dollars here and there, are they going to pony up, or cheap out, when it comes time to donate to a worthy cause?

It felt really good to see the answer! Thanks to CheapyD for setting this up, to Play-Asia and the other prize donors for the prizes, and to everyone who (like me) put up some of the money they saved by visiting the site throughout the year!

10K WOW! Absolutely unexpected, but amazing indeed. Good job everyone!

Cheapy may now have to get one of those giant checks and present it to them in person. I could see that happen.

It feels good knowing your money will make someone feel good this Christmas, even though i didn't donate much. Good job CAG!! Good Idea too.

Awesome efforts guys =) And still a $285 buffer in case some payments don't clear. Or a $5285 buffer if you take into account our original goal =p

[quote name='nharmon91']Please tell us what the guys from Penny-Arcade say when you tell them!![/quote]

I e-mailed Gabe with a link and some others did too apparently:

[quote name='Gabe']I wanted to point out a couple of people who are doing cool things for Child’s Play. First CheapyD from Cheap Ass gamer had a fundraiser over on his site with a goal of bringing in $5,000. Well he updated yesterday with news that they had actually managed to raise $10,285! All of my interactions with CheapyD are on Xbox Live, R6 Vegas specifically. It’s usually him at the far end of the elevator hallway in Calypso shooting me in the face as I breach the slot room. Because of this I had come to think of him as a real son of a bitch and one night I think I actually called him a “garbage fucker”. I was very angry. I feel sort of bad now. He’s obviously a good guy and he’s got a lot of very generous readers. So thanks to CheapyD and the Cheap Ass Gamer community. You're not a garbage fucker. [/quote]

:lol:

haha....Gabe's update is too funny.
For some reason, he is a bullet magnet for me in R6: Vegas.
Garbage fucker, indeed!

Wow, I never thought of that combination of words as an insult, "Garbage fucker". Warms my heart to see the community coming together like this.

Ohh and Cheapy, do you expect to see/ can you see, a spike in traffic after being linked on Penny Arcade? Becuase they are a pretty popular website.

Wombat's got the Wombat Liberation Army, and now CheapyD now has his own potential tribe -- the Garbage fuckers. Congratulations on raising ten grand!

I wanted to donate more but I missed the deadline, damn. I don't care about the Play-asia money. Oh well I'll just give even more next year.

I want to personally thank everyone for donating. I've had a couple family members that were younger, and stuck in hospitals till they died. Trust me this is making a huge difference in those children lives.

[quote name='CitizenB']I wanted to donate more but I missed the deadline, damn. I don't care about the Play-asia money. Oh well I'll just give even more next year.

I want to personally thank everyone for donating. I've had a couple family members that were younger, and stuck in hospitals till they died. Trust me this is making a huge difference in those children lives.[/QUOTE]

You can still donate directly.

You know I'm hoping for the Matted Print of Chakan the Forever Man!

That's so cool that a site dedicated to cheapassedness raised 10,000 for sick kids!

Merry Christmas to all the Garbage fuckers everywhere... so any word on how soon we can find out who won the best christmas present ever?... not that i think i have a chance...i just think its unhealthy for me to keep window shopping on play-asia pretending i`ve got a grand to spend....the sooner reality hits the sooner i can start :cry: and :beer: till i :puke:

[quote name='magiic']What a fucking christmas this would be if I won $1000 to blow at play asia[/quote]
i fucking know... it would be fucking awsome fucking christmas if i had a fucking G to spend... hell the first thing i`d get is a Sega Genesis and a copy of Shaq-Fu

Congratulations to thespamofpower, our grand prize winner of the $1,000 Play-Asia shopping spree! Play-Asia will be contacting you soon!

Here are some of the runner-up prize winners. I can't post the full list as not everyone's paypal email matches up with their CAG account (or perhaps they don't all have CAG accounts). I don't want to post their real names or email addresses. All winners have been notified via email.

Kayday - 1 Year Xbox Live
briansraregames - Disgaea 1 + Disgaea 2 (the NIS preorder w/ all the artbooks, etc, sealed)
bone_matrix - Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence Limited Edition

"Congratulations, you are a runner up prize winner from the CAG/Play-Asia Charity Raffle!
You have won FF12CE + LE guide

Please email me back your full mailing address and phone number.
If you have a CAG forum name, you may wish to include that too.

Thanks and congratulations!

CheapyD"

w00t and I don't have a PS2....time to persuade the Mrs to buy one.

bread's done
Back