Play-Asia.com 48 hour Stock Clearance Frenzy (20% off selected in-stock items)

LordVila

CAGiversary!
Feedback
63 (100%)
http://www.play-asia.com/A_race_against_clock_PlayAsia.com_48_hour_Stock_Clearance_Frenzy_starts_now/paOS-17-71-bn-74-2t5-49-en.html

Everybody gather! It's going to be fast and you have to be quick! It might be gone in the blink of an eye and there are no restocks. Everything we have in stock, i.e. items that show a 24h icon on their pages will be discounted with only a few exceptions.

No matter whether it is a Limited Edition game, a vintage CD or the movie you have always wanted, everything will be discounted at 20% if it is in stock. To distinguish the discounted goodies from the few exceptions, their product pages will carry this 20% off logo.

If there is a game or an artist you'd love to try, now's the best time to take the leap. The clearance sales starts now and will be over on Wednesday 08:00 a.m HKT exactly, so off you go if you have already have something in mind and you know that we have it.

Please come to the Sales Category to look around if you have nothing in mind but want to participate in the fun. All kinds of treasure are gathered here waiting for you to take them home, quick.

PS: Clearance Sale ends on Wednesday, 30th of March @ 8:00 AM Hong Kong Time so in reality it is longer than 48hrs.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-71-73-49-en.html - Link to sales page.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got the last-in-stock 3200 points card for $32! I needed some Asian points for my Asian account anyways. :p

They've got Deadly Premonition for US$15 + shipping (region locked, US only), which is a great price for anyone outside the US but who has a US 360 (all the different regions are region locked). This is the normal link for the Deadly Premonition page, and this is my affiliate link (bless you if you click that one, but after many, many years I'm only up to $0.52 earned, so don't feel guilty if you skip it ;)).

Oh, Halo Reach Ltd Edition is region-free and $28 now. I'm not sure if the extra stuff (book etc) will be in English or Chinese, though. :/

Here are a few of the highlights for Blu-ray's since Play-Asia seems to be piss poor in having you find out what's on sale for movies.

"Vengeance", "Ip Man 1 and 2"(sold out unfortunately), "Ip Man 2", a bunch of "Macross" Blu's, Joey Yung's concert Blu, "Womb Ghosts", "3X3 Eyes" boxset and "Ponyo". "Seven Swords" and "The Bestseller"(this has Uhm Jung Hwa in an acting role so it's more my choice out of curiousity).
I want to cry as I'd like to buy the last one but I don't have the money. I'm guessing or rather hoping it's the entire OVA. They even say how the video has been remastered. Given the Japanese and when it was shot, around 93 I THINK, it was likely shot on film so it really would be in HD.
edit: Oh and there's a "Full Metal Alchemist" boxset that's running for about $480. Normal price is over $700. It includes 20 DVD's apparently and one Blu. I think there might be some cd's in there too.
fuck I want the 3X3 Eyes set.
Oh and in case you're wondering why you'd bother importing "Ip Man" over here when it's in the US...well, I read an Amazon review on it and apparently it's a hatchet job when it comes to the audio. I read someone's review which seemed to indicate it was a Mandarin dub. Like, it's only in Mandarin as a choice as well. The foreign version has the choice of Cantonese as well.
As for "Seven Swords" the American Blu, if there is one, is released by Dragon Dynasty who is Weinstein.

[quote name='Nitemare25']Wow, looks like nothing I've been watching is on sale. Thanks anyway though, OP.

Scratch that, this is on sale:

http://www.play-asia.com/Sora_no_Ot...ason_DX_Pack/paOS-13-71-9g-49-en-70-400x.html

Contents listed here:

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=engl...-2810&template=default/product/e_display.html[/QUOTE]

hah thats a pretty neat limited edition.. too bad i dont give two craps about that show. It looked terrible so i never watched it. Still thats a lot of cool omake stuff

@SEETHER.. its based on a crappy T&A anime series
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=6658

actually its based on the sequel now that im looking closer but im sure its just as bad. I seem to recall ANN did a preview on it that i skimmed back when it was coming out, and they said the pervy main character drags the angel around on a leash or something. A bunch of big boobed angels acting all submissive and wearing collars with a lot of S&M themes. I think it got like a 1. LOL cant find the intial review, but i found a preview for forte back in 2010.. "Moderately less disgusting than the beginning of its first season, Sora no Otoshimono's second season begins with a great deal of purportedly cryptic hinting and enough nauseating fan-service humor to let you know that, yes, it hasn't changed its stripes." .... thats the opening sentence

anyway.. about the sale. Im really not seeing much right now. Maybe i'll look tomorow. Isn't there a page with just the sale stuff on it? The only thing i was interested in was Suikoden I&II for the psp but theyre out of stock on it. There are a few amusing 360 games, like gal gun, but theyre all region locked i think

*edit*
@Sarang01

hmm which 3x3 box set? the blu ray? or the limited edition one? Im not really sure what they come with, since theres no info really listed there. Not sure whats so special about them. Other than the fact we never got a BD release here at all

I'm doubtful of that Kenshin, the page listing specifically the on sale stuff. There's a great deal of that and I mainly listed some of the notable Blu's for those interested.
Another I forgot is "Time Traveller: The Girl Who Traveled Through Time". Also there's like a 4-5 DVD set for those people who are fans of Kuraki Mai. Oh and "Kung Fu Dunk" is on sale.
Unless otherwise mentioned all of what I'm listing are Blu-ray's on sale.
Oh, there's Evangelion the remake or whatever on sale as well as something called "Keion" or something like that from Pony Canyon on Blu. It's got like a hot pink cover or a red tinged pink cover.
For anyone who gets the Joey Yung concert it's listed as a DVD but has a Blu cover shot so make sure to clarify that with PA when you order. I'm pretty sure it's Play-Asia's screw up in listing it as DVD since the price is more consistent with that of a Blu on sale.

[quote name='Sarang01']I'm doubtful of that Kenshin, the page listing specifically the on sale stuff. There's a great deal of that and I mainly listed some of the notable Blu's for those interested.
Another I forgot is "Time Traveller: The Girl Who Traveled Through Time". Also there's like a 4-5 DVD set for those people who are fans of Kuraki Mai. Oh and "Kung Fu Dunk" is on sale.
Unless otherwise mentioned all of what I'm listing are Blu-ray's on sale.
Oh, there's Evangelion the remake or whatever on sale as well as something called "Keion" or something like that from Pony Canyon on Blu. It's got like a hot pink cover or a red tinged pink cover.
For anyone who gets the Joey Yung concert it's listed as a DVD but has a Blu cover shot so make sure to clarify that with PA when you order. I'm pretty sure it's Play-Asia's screw up in listing it as DVD since the price is more consistent with that of a Blu on sale.[/QUOTE]

Blea so there is no way to actually search for just the stuff on sale? You gotta randomly look things up? Thats gonna suck. Im gonna crash, i guess i'll think up stuff to check out tomorow

Keion! is K-on!.. an insanely popular series over in Japan.
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=6257
It got a bunch of nerds to go out and buy guitars for some reason to be like the characters in it =P *edit* I was trying to find an AMV i liked that featured the characters from the show.. found it.
is a decent little AMV all the band parts are from K-on!. Suposedly the shows got good music and a great OP/ED but i've never heard em.. yeesh these forums use some screwed up codes. I was trying to do a link with a bit of text but it kept putting the yotuube vid embeded in the page. Cant make it go away so theres a stupid spoiler tag.. yeesh i gotta mess with forum options to turn off auto formatting or something

I think it was one of the best selling anime BD's actually. I actually never got around to watching it even thogh i have it on my HD. I did pre order the first US BD release though since it was on sale at a site i buy stuff from. Unfortunatly i dont think we get the weird pink BD cases they got over there. plus i bet the video quality wont be as good. R1 anime BD/DVD's always look worse than R2 ones for some reason, blea.

Interesting about The girl who leapt through time.. i didn't know there was a live action version of it! I just finished watching Summer Wars so it has me a bit nostalgic for that show.

Anyone know if the JP rebuild of evangelion had any extras that we didn't get here in the states? Play Asias website layout is kinda crappy it doesn't really tell you what they come with! I guess it doesn't matter much, i dont have a region free BD/DVD player anyway.

First off, Kenshin, we have the same region code as Hong Kong and Japan and Korea when it comes to Blu-ray.
If you want to import European or Russian Blu-ray's that's a different story. Also if you want region free just buy the Insignia from Best Buy. I believe the current one's are still region free and they're also suppose to be able to play PAL to NTSC so you have no problem watching certain one's that were encoded at 1080i50.

[quote name='Sarang01']Here are a few of the highlights for Blu-ray's since Play-Asia seems to be piss poor in having you find out what's on sale for movies.

"Vengeance", "Ip Man 1 and 2"(sold out unfortunately), "Ip Man 2", a bunch of "Macross" Blu's, Joey Yung's concert Blu, "Womb Ghosts", "3X3 Eyes" boxset and "Ponyo". "Seven Swords" and "The Bestseller"(this has Uhm Jung Hwa in an acting role so it's more my choice out of curiousity).
I want to cry as I'd like to buy the last one but I don't have the money. I'm guessing or rather hoping it's the entire OVA. They even say how the video has been remastered. Given the Japanese and when it was shot, around 93 I THINK, it was likely shot on film so it really would be in HD.
edit: Oh and there's a "Full Metal Alchemist" boxset that's running for about $480. Normal price is over $700. It includes 20 DVD's apparently and one Blu. I think there might be some cd's in there too.
fuck I want the 3X3 Eyes set.
Oh and in case you're wondering why you'd bother importing "Ip Man" over here when it's in the US...well, I read an Amazon review on it and apparently it's a hatchet job when it comes to the audio. I read someone's review which seemed to indicate it was a Mandarin dub. Like, it's only in Mandarin as a choice as well. The foreign version has the choice of Cantonese as well.
As for "Seven Swords" the American Blu, if there is one, is released by Dragon Dynasty who is Weinstein.[/QUOTE]

I have the american version of IP Man 1. its in cantonese. i dont think theres a choice of mandarin.

[quote name='sp00ge']This is a friendly reminder that this is not the referral forum and personal links are not allowed.[/QUOTE]

Why did you edit my main post? The first link wasn't a personal link or a referral link it was a link to the article on Play-Asia describing the sale.

Ok Kenshin and others wondering I looked at the listings for 3X3 Eyes around, on both Amazon.co.jp and HMV JP and I think they're all a bit LE for 3X3 Eyes.
I MIGHT be wrong there though. The listing seems to be basically 2 BD's and 2 CD's. So I think it's the whole series, which was OVA I believe, and the soundtrack.

great find oh and if anyone has a Japanese psn account there yen psn cards are 20% off the digital download versions for 1000 yen and 5000 yen.

[quote name='Kenshindono']hah thats a pretty neat limited edition.. too bad i dont give two craps about that show. It looked terrible so i never watched it. Still thats a lot of cool omake stuff

@SEETHER.. its based on a crappy T&A anime series
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=6658

actually its based on the sequel now that im looking closer but im sure its just as bad. I seem to recall ANN did a preview on it that i skimmed back when it was coming out, and they said the pervy main character drags the angel around on a leash or something. A bunch of big boobed angels acting all submissive and wearing collars with a lot of S&M themes. I think it got like a 1. LOL cant find the intial review, but i found a preview for forte back in 2010.. "Moderately less disgusting than the beginning of its first season, Sora no Otoshimono's second season begins with a great deal of purportedly cryptic hinting and enough nauseating fan-service humor to let you know that, yes, it hasn't changed its stripes." .... thats the opening sentence
[/QUOTE]

Lol. That description seems quite a bit off to me. Something I've learned over the years is to avoid those ANN previews like the plague. I haven't read their previews in a long time, but from what I remember, certain reviewers will, among other things, instantly hate shows that have a lot of fan service in them. This show is a prime example, because my opinion of it is that if you can tolerate a lot of fan service, there is lot of great comedy and drama to be found (And I'm pretty picky about those things. I guess the show struck a cord with me. It helps that the fan service was to my liking as well, though). Check out the ANN users ratings for a better idea of how well-liked the show is. (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=11659) It looks like people typically don't hate the show. Just ANN itself, I guess. Either way, they probably shouldn't have given it a one. It's like when those idiot reviewers who hate moe were reviewing Neptunia and giving it incredibly horrible ratings. If the reviewer didn't like this kind of show, he shouldn't have reviewed it, because I would say it is very high quality for what it is.

Oh, and I found a pic of what the game comes with: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/610267-sora-no-otoshimono-forte-dreamy-season/images/box-184069

@SEETHER To be honest, I'm a bit more interested in the show it comes from and the dialogue with the characters than the actual gameplay, but it looks like it is a dating sim that has parts where, like those Doki Doki games, you feel up characters using the touch screen for whatever reason. This is what I am more interested in though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab6XRHWbeVQ

Edit:

Looks like the price was changed to 20% off the list price (which is $103.92 (over $30 more than it was before)), so I guess the deal on it is essentially dead.

[quote name='cgm92284']great find oh and if anyone has a Japanese psn account there yen psn cards are 20% off the digital download versions for 1000 yen and 5000 yen.[/QUOTE]

All the points cards codes are dead. Unfortunately they started to caught on this morning when they realize they were selling the codes at near face value. I was going to order a 200HKD card and a 5000 yen card before. You can still buy some of the physically cards for 20% off, if you don't mind having to pay and wait for it to ship.

Not that I can read or understand any Asian language, but is there a great TURN BASED RPG (similar to FFX) for PS3 or PSP worth importing?

Apparently it's a limited pressing, for 3X3 Eyes, it's got something like 6 discs, not all Blu's.

If anyone is interested I'll list a bunch of the Anime Blu's for you.

[quote name='Sarang01']First off, Kenshin, we have the same region code as Hong Kong and Japan and Korea when it comes to Blu-ray.
If you want to import European or Russian Blu-ray's that's a different story. Also if you want region free just buy the Insignia from Best Buy. I believe the current one's are still region free and they're also suppose to be able to play PAL to NTSC so you have no problem watching certain one's that were encoded at 1080i50.[/QUOTE]

Really? I never checked BD regions.. you mean JP BDs play just fine in US PS3's, BD players, ect? Interesting if thats true. STill those wouldn't have any english subs on them so it would only be worht it if it had some really cool LE swag.. which the descriptions dont really tell you what they come with. I guess that would be why some JP companies are worried about people reverse importing US releases. I think that happened with Kurokami. It wound up with a dub only release because of that (and so i never bought it)

as for getting a region free player.. i never knew you could play Pal stuff on anything but a Pal format TV. I thought they used very different formats. I guess i'll have to look into that if i plan on snagging that stuff

[quote name='Sarang01']Ok Kenshin and others wondering I looked at the listings for 3X3 Eyes around, on both Amazon.co.jp and HMV JP and I think they're all a bit LE for 3X3 Eyes.
I MIGHT be wrong there though. The listing seems to be basically 2 BD's and 2 CD's. So I think it's the whole series, which was OVA I believe, and the soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

3X3 eyes was an OVA, 7 episodes done in 2 seperate releases initially.. 4 epp original run, and 3 epp follow up. In the US i think it came out all at once though. At least my collection is a box set with all 7 in it.. really not sure whats on those listed on this site though. Like i said thats playasias biggest problem. They really dont give you enough info. Especially with how high their prices are.

@Nitemare25 about Sora no Otoshimon. Ya ANN isn't that hot usually, but i recall at the time reading the fall anime preview guide, and EVERY SINGLE reviewer pretty much said the same thing. I think t5he highest was a 2/5.. thats pretty bad =P Honestly im sick of shows that rely on just T&A for their jokes. WHo knows i may check it out eventually but its not even in my massive backlog of stuff at the moment. Regardless i was just answering the guys question on what it was about. Even if you enjoy the show it doesn't change the fact that its a show centered around high levels of ecchiness. Plus that game looks like its fail if you cant read Japanese

ANyway about the actual sale.. i dont really see much to grab. Is there even an index of everything or do you really gotta just randomly search for stuff and find the sale tag? I thought a few little figures looked cool like the kuroneko one,
http://www.play-asia.com/Ore_No_Imo...e_PrePainted/paOS-13-71-8x-49-en-70-46fv.html

but i dunno, 40 bucks for a little figure seems kinda meh. Looking around it seems like thats actually on the cheaper end for these things o_O

Im still irritated that theyre out of sukoden damnit! The one thing i definitely would have wanted.Still i wish there was an easy way to browse the games and other junk on sale. Im trying to think if theres any JP games i can import for psp or ps3 that wouldn't be unplayable with the language barrier

sweet my copy of Final Fantasy XIII with Japanese voices and English subs shipped :D

now the sucky part is it shipped to my home address but I leave Thursday for a summer job :whistle2:( gotta have the parents forward it on to me once I know my address in Ohio :p

[quote name='n1c0']All the points cards codes are dead. Unfortunately they started to caught on this morning when they realize they were selling the codes at near face value. I was going to order a 200HKD card and a 5000 yen card before. You can still buy some of the physically cards for 20% off, if you don't mind having to pay and wait for it to ship.[/QUOTE]

if you still want to get the 5000 yen digital psn card its back on sale again at the 20% off price.

[quote name='Kenshindono']
@Nitemare25 about Sora no Otoshimon. Ya ANN isn't that hot usually, but i recall at the time reading the fall anime preview guide, and EVERY SINGLE reviewer pretty much said the same thing. I think t5he highest was a 2/5.. thats pretty bad =P Honestly im sick of shows that rely on just T&A for their jokes. WHo knows i may check it out eventually but its not even in my massive backlog of stuff at the moment. Regardless i was just answering the guys question on what it was about. Even if you enjoy the show it doesn't change the fact that its a show centered around high levels of ecchiness. Plus that game looks like its fail if you cant read Japanese
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I understand what your saying. If you don't like it, then you don't like it. One thing I will address though is this idea that just because something is perverted means it's bad in the other departments somehow. I know someone who passed by Bayonetta because he thought it was relying on T&A too much, and he missed out on one of the best games of the year, in my opinion. I just wanted to make sure you weren't doing that. As for this show, I wouldn't say the comedy in the show relies on T&A so much as it relies on the hilarity of the main character's lengths to get it, along with some other non-T&A related things. I would wager that it's a bit different from some of the other shows you were referring to.

As for reviews, another thing I learned over the years is to not rely so much on critic's reviews for things like shows and games. I tend to find regular people's opinions to be more helpful in most cases. (Like fellow CAGs, for example.) I think the fact that hundreds of regular people really like the show says more than that select group hating it. (Though it probably says something about ANN. lol)

Aaanyway, about the actual sale. Found a decent price for a wall scroll yesterday and added it to my order. (Play-asia seems to be pretty good for wall scrolls, since their shipping isn't as outrageous as if you were importing wall scrolls from Japan, but unfortunately they don't seem to sell very many.) I would have posted about it, but it went out of stock the moment after I ordered it. So be aware, that "only one left" thing doesn't always appear when there's one left in stock.

[quote name='buckythekat']sweet my copy of Final Fantasy XIII with Japanese voices and English subs shipped :D

now the sucky part is it shipped to my home address but I leave Thursday for a summer job :whistle2:( gotta have the parents forward it on to me once I know my address in Ohio :p[/QUOTE]

hu? Does the japanese FF XIII have english subtitles in it? Might be ineteresting to get if thats the case and if its region free

still, wouldn't the menus be confusing?

[quote name='Nitemare25']
Yeah, I understand what your saying. If you don't like it, then you don't like it. One thing I will address though is this idea that just because something is perverted means it's bad in the other departments somehow. I know someone who passed by Bayonetta because he thought it was relying on T&A too much, and he missed out on one of the best games of the year, in my opinion. I just wanted to make sure you weren't doing that. As for this show, I wouldn't say the comedy in the show relies on T&A so much as it relies on the hilarity of the main character's lengths to get it, along with some other non-T&A related things. I would wager that it's a bit different from some of the other shows you were referring to.

As for reviews, another thing I learned over the years is to not rely so much on critic's reviews for things like shows and games. I tend to find regular people's opinions to be more helpful in most cases. (Like fellow CAGs, for example.) I think the fact that hundreds of regular people really like the show says more than that select group hating it. (Though it probably says something about ANN. lol)

Aaanyway, about the actual sale. Found a decent price for a wall scroll yesterday and added it to my order. (Play-asia seems to be pretty good for wall scrolls, since their shipping isn't as outrageous as if you were importing wall scrolls from Japan, but unfortunately they don't seem to sell very many.) I would have posted about it, but it went out of stock the moment after I ordered it. So be aware, that "only one left" thing doesn't always appear when there's one left in stock.
[/QUOTE]

its true that some things can be decent with T&A but its so absurdly overused in the anime industry today (game industry too, but even more so in the anime world) that its just burning me out big time. Its also true that it can seriously ruin an otherwise cool show. I.E. I was stoked about High School of the Dead..."SWEET" i thought! a violent bloody zombie anime, this will rule... but the absurd torpedo boobs and ridiculous T&A (almost stopped watching at the matrix boob dodge episode) utterly ruined the show for me =P As far as going for peoples reviews over critics. I do tend to do that. Like i said i dont really go by ANN's reviews, i was just checking out their preview guide for fall and noticed all the reviewers hated it. I actually am a regular on bakabt and the general consensus there seemed to be it was just ecchi garbage. Still if your that gun-ho about it ill try to give it a d.load when i get my laptop back up and running or build my new computer. Im without a working HT computer right now. It will probably be lower on the list though. I already have a backlog of probably over 600 shows i still need to watch... just checked my anime list and ya its long. The list is quite outdated too, ive d.loaded quite a bit more since then and bought more as well. you can see the incomplete list HERE

Its funny you mention Bayonetta because i skipped it for the same reason your friend did. The difference was i actually picked it up when it was 14 bucks. I still havent opened or played it yet but i will eventually probably.

I was actually skimming for games based on some series i like, but didn't really see anything that looked decent.... meh, actually this sales not that great. I think im gonna wind up passing on it. Its too hard to navigate whats actually ON sale, and a lot of the prices just aren't really worth it. Suikoden I&II for the psp is back in stock but not on sale (regular 25 bucks) but i did find this weird thing

Doki Doki SUikoden
http://www.play-asia.com/DokuSui_DokiDoki_Suikoden/paOS-13-71-9f-49-en-70-45bi.html

seems to be some weird suikoden dating sim hybrid, lol, wtf. I forgot about this, i had found it a few weeks back. It looks like it wouldn't be something i could play without knowing Japanese unfortunately. Still if it was on sale i may have got it just because it bears the Suikoden name

bread's done
Back