Play Asia Easter Egg Sale

Got a few game music CDs to add to my collection, all of the games I wanted were NOT 24h :bomb:(and I already have Ouendan 2)... And I doubt they will get restocked and "24houred."

I got 4 CDs on the deal, saved about $22, and used that savings to get one recent CD not included in the sale. I was thinking of ordering it from another site, but doing it this way was cheaper.

[quote name='barom']anyone know if play-asia tax you? (if you're in california)[/QUOTE]

No tax. I'm also in CA and did not get taxed.

[quote name='Master Shake']Because it ships within a week. I think it has to be within 24 hours to qualify.[/QUOTE]

What a crappy sale then

[quote name='Hibiwa']:rofl:

I got Theta from YesAsia a few months back and I still don't know what this "game" is about, or even what to do really. It looked interesting, but it may be too high concept for me to appreciate.

One part has gears you turn to drop a colored ball from the top to the bottom. Why? I don't know. The other is basically some aquarium/ocean thing where you flick colored spheres together in the right combo to release food or sumsuch for the fishes and they grow. Supposed to be able to collect them.

Sorry that's no help, but I couldn't find info either and bought it to see for myself. The official website link has the flash demo which is basically what it turns out to be.

It's weird. Made worse since I can't read the Japanese instructions.[/quote]

:) Thanks for the response. I went to the site and found an aquarium and the demo of the gears. When I finished the gears demo, it said I'd get a new fish, so it seems like the point is to earn fish by playing the spinny gear puzzle game and then do something with the fish in the aquarium.

Oh hey! I really did get a new fish! The aquarium screen now has an orange fish that wasn't there before.

I think I'm going to have to get this. My son is crazy about fish.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Is DJ Max 1 just as good as the second game?[/quote]

IMO it's better. I like the songs more :)

The songlist in DJ Max 1 is definitely better overall. I find myself going back to that one more often, and I think there's more interesting hard and MX arrangements in the first game. Both are excellent, however.

I am extremely tempted to pick up either the Japanese DDR Supernova, Nights: Into Dreams, or a second Beatmania from this sale. Happy Sky will be mine...?

Man, I luvz diz sale.

Boo, they don't have the Touhou book Bohemian Archive in Japanese Red, and the one they DO have isn't 24h... Well, that's a disappointment, I doubt there will be anything I want here :(

edit: at risk of sounding stupid, the website DID say all in-stock items, so I just assumed books are included, though it didn't matter anyway.

Anybody have any good ideas on Dreamcast or Saturn shmups? I tried Psyvariar 2, Border Down, and Under Defeat, but none were in stock.

Is most of the site in French for anybody else? Is it always like this?

::edit::
nm, went back to English for some reason.

[quote name='Monroeski']Is most of the site in French for anybody else? Is it always like this?[/quote]

Scroll to the bottom and click 'english' from the list of languages.

[quote name='Monroeski']Anybody have any good ideas on Dreamcast or Saturn shmups? I tried Psyvariar 2, Border Down, and Under Defeat, but none were in stock.

nm, went back to English for some reason.[/QUOTE]

There's nothing particularly great in stock for those systems, as far as shmups go.

If anybody wants a Japanese PSN card, they have the expensive ones in stock. It's ~$100, but you save a lot compared to buying one straight up!

usually a week to a week and a half for me (I live in Wisconsin) I ordered a Dual Shock 3 that was shipped (missed the sale, though I did have a $5 coupon) it shipped a week ago Monday and I got it today.

[quote name='Strell']From item description:
Manufacturer: Miya Records Co. Ltd. from Taiwan

Miya is a bootleg company. Generally speaking, any OSTs on eBay are bootlegs (hence the low prices).[/quote]

:O I have been duped! Though seriously, I'm not even mad. Even if it's a bootleg, the quality was very good. Better than a bootleg I'd get on the mean streets of New York. Also, only the Jet Set Radio is from Miya. The sequel is from Alion, which probably went out of business cuz i am finding little to no info on them, while Miya have their own site and everything.

On topic: I'm going to be spending a bunch of moneys right now, mostly just because I have some. Anyway, I have a few questions. First, how do the Stafi games play? I'm thinking about biting on the GBA ones but I'm curious on how they are. I've already imagined them Kirby-like. Also, is Wave Race Blue Storm and DK: Jungle Beat importer friendly? I also saw a Korean Mario Sunshine but it says that it's in English so there shouldn't be any porblems with that. And any of those not work with a Freeloader?

And Soldner X. Yay or nay?

ANNNNNNND, does anyone know if the gamebit to open up GB carts is 3.8 or 4.5? I'm leaning towards 3.8....

[quote name='Chronis']:O I have been duped! Though seriously, I'm not even mad. Even if it's a bootleg, the quality was very good. Better than a bootleg I'd get on the mean streets of New York. Also, only the Jet Set Radio is from Miya. The sequel is from Alion, which probably went out of business cuz i am finding little to no info on them, while Miya have their own site and everything.

On topic: I'm going to be spending a bunch of moneys right now, mostly just because I have some. Anyway, I have a few questions. First, how do the Stafi games play? I'm thinking about biting on the GBA ones but I'm curious on how they are. I've already imagined them Kirby-like. Also, is Wave Race Blue Storm and DK: Jungle Beat importer friendly? I also saw a Korean Mario Sunshine but it says that it's in English so there shouldn't be any porblems with that. And any of those not work with a Freeloader?

And Soldner X. Yay or nay?

ANNNNNNND, does anyone know if the gamebit to open up GB carts is 3.8 or 4.5? I'm leaning towards 3.8....[/QUOTE]

Nay on Soldner X. There are far better shmups, and far better things you can get for dat cash.

[quote name='Monroeski']Anybody have any good ideas on Dreamcast or Saturn shmups? I tried Psyvariar 2, Border Down, and Under Defeat, but none were in stock.

nm, went back to English for some reason.[/quote]

Well, there's Radiant Silvergun. $400 new or $200 used.

They also have a couple of the Cotton games which are fun cute-em-ups.

I'd hold off on the in-stock DC shooters as a lot of the most recent ones have been going to other platforms (Wii, 360/XBLA).

[quote name='Fishercat']Ouendan 2 just jumped a good 15 dollars. Glad I got that order in...[/quote]
Damn. I knew I should of placed an order before work. Anyone get an extra by chance? :lol:

i ordered a White Dual Shock 3, Ouendan 2 and some PSP accessories at 4:00 pm central. i was in a rush to leave work b/c of the snowstorm so did everything in a hurry.

just checked my invoice. Ouendan 2 came out with the 23.xx sale price and the PSP stuff was on sale too, but the controller was full price. and it's too late now b/c they shipped my order WITH the controller too. best i can do is email them and explain the situation that if they discounted the other items, there's no reason why the controller shouldn't be. probably not gonna win this battle, but it's worth a shot.

Nabbed Heroes of Mana for DS and Sonic Riders for Wii this morning for about $67 with free shipping to Japan. :D

I was hoping to grab a bunch of the newer Wii games but the whole "doesn't include games released in the last 30 days" rule crushed that dream. Bah!

I wish No More Heroes and Endless Ocean were in stock. :(

Since I'll be looking to get a japanese 360 in the next month, I picked up the Idol M@ster: Live For You [Limited Edition] and for my PSP, I picked up Suzumiya Haruhi no Yakusoku [Super Premium Box Edition].

I ordered:
Atsumare! GuruGuru Onsen (Japanese, Dreamcast)
Dance Summit 2001 (Japanese, PS2)
Hudson Selection Vol. 4: Takahashi Meijin no Adventure Island (Hudson the Best) (Japanese, PS2)
Salamander Portable (Asia, PSP)

I thought the darned coupon would work, but it didn't. But I have a couple of cool games coming, so no big...

Well, saw the Silver DS3 go on sale for 20% but I just don't like silver. Oh well. I'll just wait for another sale.

What I did end up getting was:

Hori Touch Pen Attachment White
Hori Touch Pen Attachment Black (For Mom -- Luv Ya)
bit Generations: Digidrive
bit Generations: Dialhex

Wish dotstream was still in stock :(

Now I just have to resist the temptation to find more stuff to order :p

I will hate myself forever for not jumping on Ouendan 2 last night, thinking I would wait until today or tomorrow and see if I wanted to add anything else to the cart. :cry:

I don't get it... they took the White & Black DS3's down and now have just the Silver up for sale? Are they trying to even stock or something?

[quote name='iHack']I don't get it... they took the White & Black DS3's down and now have just the Silver up for sale? Are they trying to even stock or something?[/QUOTE]

sweet, picked up a silver one!

Damn, the ceramic white one was the only item I wanted to buy and now it's back to regular price. I guess $5 coupon it is...

Gotta say a huge thanks to Draekon for sending me a PM that the silver was in stock!

Got it for a few cents cheaper than MSRP here when it launches. No tax + early + a color different than my 6axis? perfect. :) Thanks again!!

Chiming in to say I also caved on a Silver DS3. Will not match my gloss black console and white DS3, but it's a different color, yay!

I'm sure at this rate, they'll take silver one down before the sale ends too. :p

Nooo. I was going to get another white DS3 but now it's down to 1-5 day availability. I wonder how likely it is they'll restock in the next couple days.

bread's done
Back