Play Asia - Summon Night Twin Edge $19.90

Smart Money says it's probably coming over to America Eventually. Atlus brought over the last 2 so it's really just a matter of time before they bring this one over. If you can't wait Take the risk, the worse that happens is you waste $20, Heck I've wasted that much on deals for worse games

Actually, Atlus only brought over the first two GameBoy Advance "Swordcraft Story" games; the third (and I think the best one) never made it over here :( Even so, if you can find Summon Night Swordcraft Story 2 for the GBA, pick it up. It's light years better than the first one (which was fun, too, but nothing compared to SNSS2/3).

Anyway, to get back on topic, the aforementioned GBA games in the Summon Night series are action RPG's (battles are fought as if they were weapon-based fighting games -- Tales of Phantasia "lite" in a way), whereas other games in the series are more strategic RPG's. This particular DS SN game uses touch screen combat. You can switch between both main characters and do physical attacks, magic, and other attacks.

I recommend checking out the official game page (in Japanese) if you'd like to sample the game. Click on the bottom-right button (right under the circle), then click on the little button with the "x" in the bottom middle. You can now play a mini version of the game using both characters. It's pretty cool, and works really well.

In fact, after reading this thread and trying out the online demo, I'm gonna pick this game up :) The FAQ at GameFAQs was pretty straightforward, and for $20, what do I have to lose? :D

Yea, but I'd still say to be cautiously optimistic about the future and please remember that Sony of America had a high level of control during the majority of PS2's epic reign. Now they don't care as much what gets released and we get just plain weird Japanese titles like Chulip and Arcana Heart, games that just 2 years ago would never have even been close to our purple mountains majesty.

I mean, just compare that to Nintendo, who's portable consoles have traditionally been the home of the Japanese RPG or odd Action title that you'd never see on a home console. Even now, Nintendo is reaching out to 3rd party developers and with a good portion of talent coming from Japan, it seems more and more likely that the DS would be an Importer's dream.

Also if you think I'm just spitting out high levels of hope and sunshine well you're probably right because I've taken a lot of Theraflu today. Also I get the whole "Not really sure if want" thing, I mean I've been waiting for someone to bring over any of the Super Robot Wars series and Atlus brought out the Gameboy Advance ones and I rejoiced! Then they totally just ignored the PS2 games like they were the fat smelly guy who crashed the party. I mean I still have hope for OG Gaiden but I'm not holding my breath.

In short:
Sony and Nintendo are really different on what they allow on their consoles
Theraflu is a heckuva drug
SRW OGG! WHERE ARE YOU!

..wow I wrote a lot, I'm sorry about that.

I have both of the GBA of Summon Night Swordcraft Stories, good to know this isn't just a compilation of the two. I wish Atlus would bring over more of the OG Super Robot stuff, as we know we will never see any of the Anime based ones do to convoluted licensing (picked up the most recent DS one).

But I guess that is what Play Asia is good for. I might bite on this.

[quote name='oscargrouch']I wish Atlus would bring over more of the OG Super Robot stuff, as we know we will never see any of the Anime based ones do to convoluted licensing (picked up the most recent DS one).[/quote]

From what I've heard, they were originally going to release Original Generations for PS2 in America, but backed out of the agreement. Apparently, it would have been too expensive and it's really hard working with Banpresto. So if you want this Summon Night, you might as well import. I doubt Atlus will ever release it in America.

You can ignore what I was saying about Summon Night. I tought Banpresto was the developer, but I just had it clarified that they're just the publisher, so there's still some hope.

Damn it I was just gonna order this and now it's out of stock. Does anyone know how long something like this will take to come back in stock assuming it does? Also what are the chances it'll still be on sale?

It's part of their clearance sale, and in my experience with them it may not be in stock again. At the very least they'll get stock, but it may not be at the clearance price. Even so, this fellow CAG is crossing his fingers for you :)

This is coming to America and far sooner than you'll ever imagine...but you didn't hear that from me. ^_~ So I wouldn't buy this if you think it'll never come here.

Well if it does make it here soon, I lost $20. Not the end of the world. But I will be more cautious on pulling the trigger so quickly in the future.

It's back up in stock at the discount price at Play-Asia... but based on wannabepunktony's post, perhaps we should wait... :)

I already ordered last week, but that's okay. If it hits the US, I will probably buy it again. Not a CAG-like behavior, but above all I believe in supporting devs I like.

bread's done
Back