Play-Asia, weekly special (9/2: Mafia II 360 for $8.90)

jstew9

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Updated for this weeks special:

9/2
Mafia II for 360 is $8.90 + shipping
[url="http://www.play-asia.com/Mafia_II/paOS-13-71-dx-47-fly-70-4bpr.html]Link[/url]

Previous specials
7/26: Duke Nukem Forever (360/PS3) $18.90+shipping

Last edited by a moderator:
Took over 10 years to develop this game. 1 day for it to bomb. 1 month for it to make the price drop like a rock.

Kind of regret buying it via OnLive but it was free. Thanks OP.

[quote name='vlv723']Took over 10 years to develop this game. 1 day for it to bomb. 1 month for it to make the price drop like a rock.

Kind of regret buying it via OnLive but it was free. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

You can regret buying a free game? That's underrating at its finest. :p

Don't believe any of the hate for this game, it really isn't that bad. Honestly, the old timey gameplay feels like a breath of fresh air in this world of Modern Military FPS and as long as you can get into the silly mindset of the game, it can be really funny.

Completely agree. The hate for this game is funny. Play it for what it is. A piece of gaming history. Its a simple fun throwback to Duke with updated weapons and graphics.

To me the multiplayer alone is worth it. I literally play it (360 version) every other day since release. Its great.

I really hope when it hits the 20-30$ range more consistently in stores people will buy it because the online community has dipped a bit. Its still incredibly easy to find 15-20 full games going at once at any point of the day but the more the merrier especially with the DLC coming out soon.

[quote name='xDerekRx']I really hope when it hits the 20-30$ range more consistently in stores people will buy it because the online community has dipped a bit. Its still incredibly easy to find 15-20 full games going at once at any point of the day but the more the merrier especially with the DLC coming out soon.[/QUOTE]
I really enjoyed the single player but the multiplayer made me want to /wrists.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Don't believe any of the hate for this game, it really isn't that bad. Honestly, the old timey gameplay feels like a breath of fresh air in this world of Modern Military FPS and as long as you can get into the silly mindset of the game, it can be really funny.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's actually my favorite FPS this year so far, and if they fixed the loading times it would be even better. I mean it's by no means the most amazing game ever but compared to every other generic military shooter coming out it is something different.

Also, for those of us who bought a new copy of Borderlands GotY (which is at all-time low prices currently), you can get access to the Duke Club thing, and I'm pretty sure that gives you first access to the DLC (and it's free, I think).

But yeah, I've kinda chalked up the hate to disappointment/exaggeration. It's a depressing disappointment though because so much was invested, you would think they would have tried their best to have a knockout hit. Gearbox is handling Colonial Marines (with its constant delays only making me more nervous) and I hope they redeem themselves with it. If not, there's Borderlands 2 I guess... (Borderlands series has been a major cause of Colonial Marines' delays).

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Yeah, it's actually my favorite FPS this year so far, and if they fixed the loading times it would be even better. I mean it's by no means the most amazing game ever but compared to every other generic military shooter coming out it is something different.[/QUOTE]I completely agree. It's definitely my FPS of the year so far.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Also, for those of us who bought a new copy of Borderlands GotY (which is at all-time low prices currently), you can get access to the Duke Club thing, and I'm pretty sure that gives you first access to the DLC (and it's free, I think).[/QUOTE]
Yep, act fast though, the first DLC is supposed to come out soon and I think they're going to shut down the First Access Club after it comes out.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']You can regret buying a free game? That's underrating at its finest. :p[/QUOTE]

It was either that or FEAR 3. Then again, playing it more, I enjoy it...especially getting jeered by spectators :lol:

[quote name='CaptainJoel']

Yep, act fast though, the first DLC is supposed to come out soon and I think they're going to shut down the First Access Club after it comes out.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I got an e-mail about selecting your platform for the DLC, which I already did to get the demo. So I didn't re go through the process because last time I did it said you already registered. Hopefully I still get it, lol.

I thought the demo was rancid, myself. Then again, I thought Borderlands was crap and don't think much of the tired old canard "WELL AT LEAST IT'S NOT A GENERIC MILITARY SHOOTER"

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Yeah, I got an e-mail about selecting your platform for the DLC, which I already did to get the demo. So I didn't re go through the process because last time I did it said you already registered. Hopefully I still get it, lol.[/QUOTE]If I was you I'd go make sure, I got the same email and when I got to the site they didn't have my console of preference saved anymore.

[quote name='Rsmobile']I thought the demo was rancid, myself. Then again, I thought Borderlands was crap and don't think much of the tired old canard "WELL AT LEAST IT'S NOT A GENERIC MILITARY SHOOTER"[/QUOTE]
They actually picked the worst part of the game for the demo. I hated the demo and totally loved the game.

Well then what the hell kind of demo was that supposed to be?

Anyway, still not yet convinced to drop $20 on something I can't trade in. Especially after FEAR3, which is amazing fun. Too much to risk having an immediate drop off in quality like that.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Yeah, I got an e-mail about selecting your platform for the DLC, which I already did to get the demo. So I didn't re go through the process because last time I did it said you already registered. Hopefully I still get it, lol.[/QUOTE]

After noticing the new copy of BF:BC2 Ultimate Edition I got from Amazon from the B2G1 free sale had DLC with an expiration date in August of this year, I made a point to redeem all vouchers that I owned. I hope that even though I only signed up last week, that I'll still qualify for the DLC. Glad I finally got my lazy ass to do it though, if the First Access Club's gonna close. I actually have yet to play the DNF demo, I might give it a shot.

With the value of DNF sinking like a stone, I would have picked FEAR 3, but then again I own/have played FEAR 3 and not DNF.

If you learn anything from this post, it's that DLC CAN expire. I'm pretty sure Microsoft-based vouchers won't (the ones where you have to peel the tag back for the code on the back of the card), but the regular paper ones might.

This game isn't a great game, but I definitely got $20-$30 worth of enjoyment out of it. Just don't buy it for multiplayer.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Yeah, it's actually my favorite FPS this year so far, and if they fixed the loading times it would be even better. I mean it's by no means the most amazing game ever but compared to every other generic military shooter coming out it is something different.[/QUOTE]

Did you play Bulletstorm? I'd rather play it over DNF any day.

I'm tempted to buy this just to see what it's about...but I do have Catherine coming in today, as well as Alice and Shadows of the Damned from gamefly shipping now.

[quote name='wolve']Did you play Bulletstorm? I'd rather play it over DNF any day.[/QUOTE]
Call me crazy but I like Duke Nukem better than Bulletstorm.

Also I will have to log onto the first access club tonight if I still can. What is this DLC anyway?

[quote name='ijustw1n']fuck a duck. Shipping kills it. Have been waiting for this to go sub $20.[/QUOTE]
:roll: It's $4 shipping and isn't Play-Asia over in...y'know Asia someplace?

So I suppose they're supposed to ship for FREE across the globe, right?:whistle2:#

Either way I may bite on this deal if it's still in stock when I get home from NY tonight.

$4 isn't awful but up to 21 days is way too long. As a CAG, I need to see a quicker return on investment than that. By the time I get it, the next duke nukem will be out.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Call me crazy but I like Duke Nukem better than Bulletstorm.

Also I will have to log onto the first access club tonight if I still can. What is this DLC anyway?[/QUOTE]
You're crazy! ;)
Well Rage is out in a couple months, hopefully it will be better than both.

This game is pretty bad, but worth buying.

The load screens though... oh god the load screens. You better have a book handy.

[quote name='fujimitsu']This game is pretty bad, but worth buying.

The load screens though... oh god the load screens. You better have a book handy.[/QUOTE]

Can't be any worse than Splatterhouse, and I put up with that...

Are the loading times better if you install to HD?

Rage is by the id guys, but I'm a little skeptical to how good it's going to be (delays and all), but it is on my BB pre-order list for that $100 certificate. They've already confirmed Doom 4 to be a 1000x better than Rage.

Off-topic: IATCG was in my neck of the woods? Funny, I didn't smell anything rancid. :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Both my banks and my credit card charge 3% for foreign processing regardless whether it's in US currency or not. Not that much extra but still something to consider.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Off-topic: IATCG was in my neck of the woods? Funny, I didn't smell anything rancid. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
That was a long time ago, back when I was still going nuts buying 30-40+ game guides every time BB pennied them and going to multiple stores to grab every one I could find.

Now I'm lucky if I can even find ONE at ANY of the stores.:cry::whistle2:#

[quote name='BobbyTastic']
Are the loading times better if you install to HD?
[/QUOTE]
Not at all. There is actually no discernable difference whatsoever between the loading times if you install or not. Which sucks because it was honestly my only problem in the game.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Yay, support the foreign market!

This will be $20 in the West in no time, just wait for it.[/QUOTE]
I'll probably just rent it for $2 from RedBox one of these days rather than even spend $20 and end up owning the game. Besides which, it's supposed to be $30 next week at Kmart.

bread's done
Back