Play-Asia Weekly Special - Densetsu No Stafi 2 (GBA) - 9.99

Cmosfm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I've been playing Densetsu No Stafi 4 for the DS lately, and it's a pretty fun and simple platformer. It reminds me a bit of Kirby as it's not very hard, but it's loads of fun and colorful. This is a first party Nintendo game and one of the few mascots Nintendo hasn't brought over to the states yet. Also this character made a guest appearance in Super Princess Peach for the DS.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-39-49-en-70-2kl.html

Hmm. That's a great price for a great looking game. It's amazing they never brought this franchise to the US (then again they probably brought over some of the games w/ different characters, I don't know).

LOL, Drill Dozer was called Screw Breaker in Japan? That name is way cooler. :cool:

[quote name='VACRMH']May have to check it out.

Hey Cmos, I thought you sold everything off.[/QUOTE]

I did, well almost everything, I still have a ton more to go that I will sell in a month or so. I just never updated my signature or my IGN lists, I updated my signature just now. Thanks :)

Very tempting, but I think I will pass. No matter how much I like Kirby like platformers, I don't need another GBA game, however, if it was $20 or under for DS, then I would jump on it.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Thanks op! I had to wrestle with the idea of going with bubble mailer, saving 1.10, but then I thought-- hey, I'm going to want that shit pristine and shit.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing, but eventually went with the box, for the same reason you said.

[quote name='Cmosfm']I've been playing Densetsu No Stafi 4 for the DS lately, and it's a pretty fun and simple platformer. It reminds me a bit of Kirby as it's not very hard, but it's loads of fun and colorful. This is a first party Nintendo game and one of the few mascots Nintendo hasn't brought over to the states yet. Also this character made a guest appearance in Super Princess Peach for the DS.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-39-49-en-70-2kl.html[/quote]

Thanks op! Always wanted to try out the Stafi series and at $13.39 shipped (econo-box) its at an easy to swallow price.

$9.99 is a bite-able price, but the screenshots make me not want to take the bait. As far as I can tell from the pics, this flippin' game takes place in one cave level. Where's the diversity of environments! The obligatory lava level, ice world, tropical world..etc..?

Anyone with some hands-on experience playing this particular game?

They list their normal price as $48.90 but does this game regularly go for that much? If not, what's an average, normal price for this game.

I want to bite but I'm strapped for cash. If 9.99 really is a 40 dollar savings I can't afford not to bite.

[quote name='brainmunch']I want to bite but I'm strapped for cash. If 9.99 really is a 40 dollar savings I can't afford not to bite.[/quote]

You can always afford not to bite. Just because a game is a good deal, doesn't mean you HAVE to buy it, especially if you didn't intend on getting it in the first place. If you are as strapped for cash as you say, why would you consider this?

I wasn't going to buy any Gameboy Advanced games, but the new TMNT looks sweet. Way better than the DS version, so I guess I'll start buying GBA games.

Since this game was only 9.99 I I jumped on this Densetsu No Stafi deal too :)

[quote name='Vegan']You can always afford not to bite. Just because a game is a good deal, doesn't mean you HAVE to buy it, especially if you didn't intend on getting it in the first place. If you are as strapped for cash as you say, why would you consider this?[/quote]Good point, with most games I would agree with you, but I've been wanting to pick up a Stafi game for a while; I'm just not informed as far as import prices go.

And while it's true I can always afford not to bite, it makes more sense to buy a game at 10 dollars and cut back elsewhere in my gaming budget rather than skip it and buy it for 50 later.

[quote name='brainmunch']Good point, with most games I would agree with you, but I've been wanting to pick up a Stafi game for a while; I'm just not informed as far as import prices go.

And while it's true I can always afford not to bite, it makes more sense to buy a game at 10 dollars and cut back elsewhere in my gaming budget rather than skip it and buy it for 50 later.[/QUOTE]

I think it's regularly around 50.00, because if you look on Play-Asia, Stafi 1 & 3, which are also for GBA, are 48.90.

A little info, that's The Legend of Starfi, a game made by TOSE, a HUGE Japanese Developer that only outsources for other companies. Starfi is their only successful game invention, and they run it under the banner of Nintendo.

They also made Super Princess Peach.

[quote name='Thoren']A little info, that's The Legend of Starfi, a game made by TOSE, a HUGE Japanese Developer that only outsources for other companies. Starfi is their only successful game invention, and they run it under the banner of Nintendo.

They also made Super Princess Peach.[/quote]

Tose also made DQ Rocket Slime.

I got mine two days ago it is a fun game if I could understand the story I would enjoy it even more. I am looking forward to price drops on the other games at $9.99 or $14.99 I would purchase parts 1, 3 and 4.

I can't figure out how to save my game, and obviously i can't read the text. Does it save automatically or do i need to go through a menu and do it?

bread's done
Back