Play-Asia Yakuza Dead Souls $24.90, Darkness II $21.90

Tarskidx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Okay guys, I know there are people that are just looking for the cheapest deal for a game without caring about which part of the world it was released to. I searched for a post that would address this and the last one I saw was from 9-20-2011 talking about Play-Asia's weekly deals. Just so you know, I bought the Yakuza Dead Souls for the PS3 from Play-Asia for $24.90 brand new, which is the cheapest I have seen it without any special discounts kicking in. Now this is the UK PAL version, which is identical to the NTSC-NA version because the PS3 is Region Free.

They also have Darkness II Limited Edition for $21.90 for both systems in the (Asian) version and the language IS English. I cannot confirm if the 360 would play this version, but you could ask their customer service or anothe rboard member perhaps. The PS3 will play just fine and again this is all English with the exception that it was released in Asia.

I hope you can peruse and find something you like in their other weekly deals like the King of Fighters XIII Deluxe Edition UK PAL for both systems at $24.90 or some other exclusives. I pre-ordered the Resident Evil (Biohazard) Chronicles Limited Edition boxset for the PS3 for $49.90 that is exclusive to Japan (will only be a digital download for the rest of the world). This comes with both HD Chronicles games and Wesker's Extra Report & Darkside Report. To me this will be a coveted collectible worth owning.

They also do daily deals which starts at midnight Hong Kong Time (about 3 hours away) 12 hours ahead of EST. I just bought the racier NTSC-J (Japan) version of Shadows of the Damned that had the girl Paula in lingerie that normally sells for over $70 brand new from any imports for $29 on their deal of the day.

The cheapest shipping option would be about $5-$6 with their version of USPS which is EMS and it could take up to 21 days, but to be honest I never had to wait longer than 10-14 days. Now if you buy more, then the price for shipping does not go up much. Even though there is no tracking or insurance with this option, I have never had an issue receiving the stuff I ordered. Besides, they have such good customer that they would not give you any hassles if you were to explain that you did not receive or got a damaged item.

Hope this post is useful to the group?

http://www.play-asia.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tarskidx']Okay guys, I know there are people that are just looking for the cheapest deal for a game without caring about which part of the world it was released to. I searched for a post that would address this and the last one I saw was from 9-20-2011 talking about Play-Asia's weekly deals. Just so you know, I bought the Yakuza Dead Souls for the PS3 from Play-Asia for $24.90 brand new, which is the cheapest I have seen it without any special discounts kicking in. Now this is the UK PAL version, which is identical to the NTSC-NA version because the PS3 is Region Free.

They also have Darkness II Limited Edition for $21.90 for both systems in the (Asian) version and the language IS English. I cannot confirm if the 360 would play this version, but you could ask their customer service or anothe rboard member perhaps. The PS3 will play just fine and again this is all English with the exception that it was released in Asia.

I hope you can peruse and find something you like in their other weekly deals like the King of Fighters XIII Deluxe Edition UK PAL for both systems at $24.90 or some other exclusives. I pre-ordered the Resident Evil (Biohazard) Chronicles Limited Edition boxset for the PS3 for $49.90 that is exclusive to Japan (will only be a digital download for the rest of the world). This comes with both HD Chronicles games and Wesker's Extra Report & Darkside Report. To me this will be a coveted collectible worth owning.

They also do daily deals which starts at midnight Hong Kong Time (about 3 hours away) 12 hours ahead of EST. I just bought the racier NTSC-J (Japan) version of Shadows of the Damned that had the girl Paula in lingerie that normally sells for over $70 brand new from any imports for $29 on their deal of the day.

The cheapest shipping option would be about $5-$6 with their version of USPS which is EMS and it could take up to 21 days, but to be honest I never had to wait longer than 10-14 days. Now if you buy more, then the price for shipping does not go up much. Even though there is no tracking or insurance with this option, I have never had an issue receiving the stuff I ordered. Besides, they have such good customer that they would not give you any hassles if you were to explain that you did not receive or got a damaged item.

Hope this post is useful to the group?

http://www.play-asia.com/[/QUOTE]

The problem is, most CAG's realize that the $6.90 they charge for shipping coupled with the weeks it takes for delivery means that, most likely, domestic prices will be the same or lower by the time the game is actually in delivered.

I'm often tempted by their prices, but then lose interest once I see the grand total for the order. I'm pretty sure I am not alone.

I'm sure that exceptions do exist, such as deals on special edition versions that you can't find elsewhere; but, as a whole, they need to do something about their S&H costs or start offering some type of CAG-exclusive discount codes.

Dont forget that if you buy a game from a specific region, you'll need to buy the DLC from that region as well, as you can not use US DLC with it. Of course, if you don't care for DLC, then go for it! Also, games that are not NTSC-U can not be traded in to the big retailers such as Gamestop, Best Buy, Amazon.

That is a very good point and I did not think about it that way. Thank you for the explanation. I guess because I bought a couple of items that I found cheapest on their site by a considerable amount and they just did combined shipping so the price of shipping got divided up and instead of $7 per item, it was more like $3.50 per item for me and each game was $10+ cheaper than anywhere else brand new. Hopefully others do find a deal that is worth it even with the shipping and waiting times.

Mother Effer...I tried searching for a couple different strings and I just did not see that PLAY-ASIA post as I glanced and saw 360-Asia and continued to scroll. Great catch and kill this thread as this was not a good deal after all with no DLC in box that works and no trade in value. Just trying to help bring any and all deals into light and this was not one of them guys and gals.

bread's done
Back