Play me West Edmonton Mall closing- 50% off entire store

Wikkidkarma

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So play me at WEM is finally crumbling from legitimate competition. 50% off the entire store. Pretty slim pickings, but the staff are acting weird so it's worth it.

Picked up damnation, nier, morph-x, singularity and an 8gb duo pro stick for 75.75!

I have no hate stronger than that for Play Me.

When's their last day open? I'll be there with the champagne! :applause:

I assume they were the first professional Edmonton hoarders--raiding Toys R Us clearance racks and slapping "import" stickers on the whole lot, all the while jacking the prices by 1000%.

The skinny guy who ran that store back "in the day" (haven't been in there in over a decade, perhaps its changed hands) was a complete douche.

Rot in hell Play Me. Rot. In. Hell.

I hope the portion of their clientele who simply didn't know any better (I'm aware they have fans) move their business over to Nexwave instead of EB/Gamestop. Classy guys who know their stuff. Fair prices and they give decent trade-in credit (usually 50% of sale prices).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='collector42']
I hope the portion of their clientele who simply didn't know any better (I'm aware they have fans) move their business over to Nexwave instead of EB/Gamestop. Classy guys who know their stuff. Fair prices and they give decent trade-in credit (usually 50% of sale prices).[/QUOTE]

I like this...And agree with this. Nexwave is the place to be. Especially for Retro.

[quote name='darkstarripclaw']Eh, Nexwave is still considerably expensive compared to online.

But they're still much cheaper than Play Me ever was ;).[/QUOTE]

That's why I said their prices are fair, as opposed to cheap. ;) I've been the .2% of dissatisfied customers on eBay and the like. I can't be bothered with the 1+ month resolution dispute process again. Not worth my time.

Once you factor in shipping, any potential headaches and the fact the game may never sell, I feel their markups are reasonable. Haven't been there in months though--maybe things have changed.

[quote name='janlazer']I like this...And agree with this. Nexwave is the place to be. Especially for Retro.[/QUOTE]

Yah, Retro is my angle...can't say I've paid much attention to their pricing on newer stuff.

Just popping into this topic to raise another glass in celebration.

Guess the crank that ran the store is finally retiring.

[quote name='collector42']Yah, Retro is my angle...can't say I've paid much attention to their pricing on newer stuff.[/QUOTE]

Retro is your MOM'S angle, too.

BOOOOOOOOOOM!

bread's done
Back