Play N Trade 29% off all used games today only

[quote name='kklems']Humm my play N Trade got a drive through yesterday so I bet they are closed today. Wonder if this was nationwide or not. (a car drove into the building yesterday)[/QUOTE]

I think cars driving into buildings is YMMV.

[quote name='CouRageouS']If a car drove through my local PNT it would be the most business they've had all year.[/QUOTE]
Oh burn! lol

I called the PNT in Alexandria, VA and the guy said that he'd do it for today. He didn't plan on it but he agreed to do it. 29% off. Call and ask him 703 - 360 -1997, I think his name was Mike but I am not sure. Good luck. Perhaps I'll see some fellow CAGs there today.

[quote name='CouRageouS']If a car drove through my local PNT it would be the most business they've had all year.[/QUOTE]

The article about the car mentions that the owner was in the store alone :) (well except for the woman the car pushed into the store)

[quote name='Apossum']I think cars driving into buildings is YMMV.[/QUOTE]

State Farm is running a special this month on storefront destruction. You gotta crash into participating retailers though.

[quote name='kklems']Humm my play N Trade got a drive through yesterday so I bet they are closed today. Wonder if this was nationwide or not. (a car drove into the building yesterday)

Here is the link: http://lincolnjournalstar.com/articles/2008/02/29/news/local/doc47c71ac183187028251619.txt[/quote]

Oh no, that's also my Play N Trade.

Flood said police did not ticket her because there were no signs she had been reckless or that alcohol was involved. VanDeventer declined to comment at the scene.
That is absolute bullshit. How is that not reckless? If you're parking, and you keep going and drive into a store, it's fucking reckless driving. The only reason they aren't ticketing her is because of her age. If this person had been under 60 they would have gotten ticketed. Bitch is old, and should not have been driving. Bitch should suffer the consequences, and suffer them hard.

god damn. the closest one's about 20 miles away from me. the one that's supposed to be close to me, in Pico Rivera, has had a "coming soon" sign for about four months now :/.

That's my local PNT as well. Did you see anything good there?

[quote name='Abiggs']I called the PNT in Alexandria, VA and the guy said that he'd do it for today. He didn't plan on it but he agreed to do it. 29% off. Call and ask him 703 - 360 -1997, I think his name was Mike but I am not sure. Good luck. Perhaps I'll see some fellow CAGs there today.[/quote]

[quote name='Abiggs']I called the PNT in Alexandria, VA and the guy said that he'd do it for today. He didn't plan on it but he agreed to do it. 29% off. Call and ask him 703 - 360 -1997, I think his name was Mike but I am not sure. Good luck. Perhaps I'll see some fellow CAGs there today.[/quote]

damn that store is near where I used to live, but the one down here in Richmond, VA hasn't opened yet :whistle2:(

I used to really like my PNT until the owner pulled some stupid shit on me. They recently had a trade in three get a bonus $5 gift card thing. I traded in some stuff and was picking up a 4000XBLA point card. I had the exact amount of credit combined with the $5 gift card and right as I handed him the $5 gift card he says "Oh sorry you have to use it on your next visit".

I looked at him in disbelief and asked if he seriously wanted me to come back to spend the $5 gift card. Like it would make a huge difference to him if I paid $5 out of pocket versus the gift card. He was trying to say how I could save $5 on something else the next time I came back. Such bullshit. I said fine I'll just come back after work and was about to walk away when he finally agreed.

Now I'm all about supporting local business and used to buy new releases from the guy when he first started out. After trying to pull that on a loyal customer I said fuck that and I don't send friends there anymore.

There is a new one that just opened up near me. I cant see how they're going to stay in business. The prices are very high and the trade in value is low. I don't see how they're gonna compete with the local CG and GS. I give them 6 months.

the play n trade that i go to has no good games at all. all the games are either ridiculously marked up to ebay prices....

or the people that own the store keep all the rare games they get...while paying $10-15 in trade in value :|

no way to find a rare game over there. might as well go to gamestop :|

[quote name='Bluezero']Ah, so maybe it's not nationwide. I'm in Minnesota for those that care.[/quote]

[SIZE=-1]http://www.playntrade.com/bloomington[/SIZE]

I'm going to make my first trek there today after work.

Blue zero - which store in MN do you go to? I stop by the store off old shakopee road. I might stiop in today if the deal is going on.

[quote name='lwh1993']Blue zero - which store in MN do you go to? I stop by the store off old shakopee road. I might stiop in today if the deal is going on.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that one. That's the only one in the south suburbs. I think Blaine and somewhere else has one.

Maybe this is my chance to check a PnT out...There's one here a little north of campus that i've never ventured into.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I used to really like my PNT until the owner pulled some stupid shit on me. They recently had a trade in three get a bonus $5 gift card thing. I traded in some stuff and was picking up a 4000XBLA point card. I had the exact amount of credit combined with the $5 gift card and right as I handed him the $5 gift card he says "Oh sorry you have to use it on your next visit".

I looked at him in disbelief and asked if he seriously wanted me to come back to spend the $5 gift card. Like it would make a huge difference to him if I paid $5 out of pocket versus the gift card. He was trying to say how I could save $5 on something else the next time I came back. Such bullshit. I said fine I'll just come back after work and was about to walk away when he finally agreed.

Now I'm all about supporting local business and used to buy new releases from the guy when he first started out. After trying to pull that on a loyal customer I said fuck that and I don't send friends there anymore.[/quote]

I understand what he was thinking, but he was definitely wrong. When stores have offers like "Buy this $60 game, get a $10 giftcard" you can't use the giftcard for the purchase of the game because it is the same transaction in which you are receiving it. You received a gift card for making trade-ins and then wanted to make a purchase which is NOT the same transaction. He probably viewed the trade-ins and the purchase as being one transaction because they were all on one receipt (if that's the case). I'm sure if you raised some hell with his boss, but since he was the owner, you would probably have to make a few phone calls for someone above him to explain why he is an idiot.

[quote name='prmononoke']Oh no, that's also my Play N Trade.

That is absolute bullshit. How is that not reckless? If you're parking, and you keep going and drive into a store, it's fucking reckless driving. The only reason they aren't ticketing her is because of her age. If this person had been under 60 they would have gotten ticketed. Bitch is old, and should not have been driving. Bitch should suffer the consequences, and suffer them hard.[/QUOTE]

Reckless driving is intentional. It's why they call them accidents. For all you know, the accelerator could have gotten stuck. And unless she's Jack Thompson's wife or mom, I don't think she meant to drive through the storefront of a video game store. And calling her a bitch, out of line.

[quote name='Nikadimas']I'm sure if you raised some hell with his boss, but since he was the owner, you would probably have to make a few phone calls for someone above him to explain why he is an idiot.[/QUOTE]
Theres really no one to complain to. Play N Trades are individually owned and operated. Basically people buy into the franchise and are given the guidelines of how a store is ran. He could technically make any rules he wants. My problem is I viewed him as a friend of sorts, as I've personally made a point to give him my business when buying and we always had a nice conversation during visits. Hell he even held Rock Band for me the week of release because he knew I expressed interest in it before and I didn't even reserve it. Living in a small town, I really like to support local business. I just thought it was low of him to try to squeeze $5 out of me, like I wouldn't be coming back to the store if I didn't keep the $5 gift card for later.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I used to really like my PNT until the owner pulled some stupid shit on me. They recently had a trade in three get a bonus $5 gift card thing. I traded in some stuff and was picking up a 4000XBLA point card. I had the exact amount of credit combined with the $5 gift card and right as I handed him the $5 gift card he says "Oh sorry you have to use it on your next visit".

Now I'm all about supporting local business and used to buy new releases from the guy when he first started out. After trying to pull that on a loyal customer I said fuck that and I don't send friends there anymore.[/quote]
WOW I am almost never in PNT and guy let me split up my items to use the $5 immediately. After I asked of course.

[quote name='anch']is this even worth it?
comparing to GS's extra $10 for 2 games.[/quote]

Yes it is, because that particular GS deal is for 360, PS3, and Wii games only. If you want to trade older games, you'll most likely do better with a trade 3 get a bonus $5 instead of, let's say, GS's trade 4 get a bonus 20% (or even 30% with Edge card). Or at least that's been my experience.

Anyway, back on topic. My two local PNTs (Buford, GA and Suwanee, GA) had no such 29% off sale.

My Play N Trade with the new drive through wasn't running the special. Had the usual buy 1 game get 1 game at 25% off. I took a couple pictures of the store and will try to post them later.

can someone please email me a copy of the coupon or post a link. i am going to buy a game right now, but can't find it on the net.

I went to the PNT yesterday and got Rachet and Clank Future for $38 and Sly 3 for $10 with the 29% off deal. The guy that runs the store is really cool and they are much better than GS.

bread's done
Back