Play N Trade B2G1 sale.

ugh, I wish I had a Play N Trade near me, I finally have some money.

The only thing near me is a Gamespot :wall:

Thanks anyway OP.

The store closest to me was running a similar promotion but the FREE game was limited to $20 or under. Also PNT are ALL Franchisees so this could be YMMV.

I think this is YMMV because it has the address and phone number of the PnT in the email.
Sorry. >.>
For anyone who lives in Tucson, you can get B2G1 free.

I just discovered this by accident today. The clerk was suggesting several Gamecube games to me that I'd never played and I noticed the sign, and he was like, "Holy crap, grab some more!"

And it may be YMMV, but the store in Clovis, California had it.

my PnT hasn't spammed craigslist about it yet, so maybe it is ymmv.

[quote name='LeafPanda']What does YMMV mean? Also, dangit used to have friends who lived close to a Play and trade.[/quote]

Your Mileage May Vary. It means the deal might not be universal, or just plain isn't.

Never been to PnT before, but a quick Google tells me there's ONE near here.

Hmm..I haven't been to my PnT in awhile. Still, if you have one, then usually they are head over heels better than Gamestop/EB. PnT always have tournaments (the one out here does Soul Calibur, Marvel vs Capcom, Tekken, Gears of War, and, of course, SSBB). I managed to pick up some rare PS1 titles from them, like Einhander and a few others when the one opened out here.

The Irvine store had one going on about a month ago. I happened to find this store (near UCI) as I stopped to eat at the Veggie Grill and remembered that there was a small music store in the same plaza. Cool store, some items are overpriced but the owner was willing to give me an additional 20% off on the third title (b2g1) because I took some time to find a 3rd title I was interested in. I didn't buy anything, but I thought it was very cool of him.

[quote name='DefinedByClass13']The Irvine store had one going on about a month ago. I happened to find this store (near UCI) as I stopped to eat at the Veggie Grill and remembered that there was a small music store in the same plaza. Cool store, some items are overpriced but the owner was willing to give me an additional 20% off on the third title (b2g1) because I took some time to find a 3rd title I was interested in. I didn't buy anything, but I thought it was very cool of him.[/quote]

Yeah, that's like a block away from me. The owner/manager's pretty legit, nice guy.

I found a copy of Lumines when everyone was using em to hack the PSP or whatnot, and it was new for $20. But it was gutted :(

after they wouldnt let me return a game that wouldnt work on my xbox, i stopped shopping there... shame, it is like a mile from my house and right next door to where i work...stuff like this makes me realize how important Customer Service is.

Also, if you want to play free games, you can just ask and they'll gut a copy of any game in the store and let you try it out for any system. And they will let you play for hours and not buy anything. lol
When gears of war came out my friend and I sat there for about 8 hours playing it, all I bought was front mission 4 for 5 bucks.

Not to be a pimp, but the Play n Trade here in Las Vegas is easily the best game store in town. Will give em a call tomorrow and see if they're running the promo.

[quote name='driph']Not to be a pimp, but the Play n Trade here in Las Vegas is easily the best game store in town. Will give em a call tomorrow and see if they're running the promo.[/quote]

Which do you like?

[quote name='driph']Not to be a pimp, but the Play n Trade here in Las Vegas is easily the best game store in town. Will give em a call tomorrow and see if they're running the promo.[/quote]

I'd hardly consider them to be "in" Las Vegas. Henderson, yes. Las Vegas, no. (I live in NW Las Vegas and it'd be like a half-hour trip one-way)

Not a bad deal and most carry Nintendo - Current Gen games/accessories/systems. Seems like they're passionate about gaming, I'd consider opening my own.

Wow, I just went to my local PlayNTrade and I wont be going back anytime soon. There were about 200 total games on display... not much of a selection to choose from. There were about 30 Xbox 360 games at most, including duplicates.. I may try the riverside one because it's not in the middle of nowhere fontana, but man alive that was so not worth the trip.

One in Buena Park is not that bad a collection with fatal frames & silent hills. They also had the collectors disk of Zelda (with 4 games) & RE2, RE3 for PS1
I ended up buying 3 RPGs that were actually a few bucks cheaper than Gamestop prices.
If someone is looking for star wars games on gamecube, they had quite a few of them, mostly complete with case & manuals

[quote name='punkmaggit']I'd hardly consider them to be "in" Las Vegas. Henderson, yes. Las Vegas, no. (I live in NW Las Vegas and it'd be like a half-hour trip one-way)[/QUOTE]

Henderson, Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, whatever. :]

Yeah, you're far from pretty much everything. It's still a bit of a haul for me, as I'm on the SW side of town. Game World is just down the street, but they're generally overpriced and I always get an angry vibe there, and everything else is just the standard GS/GC stores.

[quote name='GrocersPride']Wow, I just went to my local PlayNTrade and I wont be going back anytime soon. There were about 200 total games on display... not much of a selection to choose from. There were about 30 Xbox 360 games at most, including duplicates.. I may try the riverside one because it's not in the middle of nowhere fontana, but man alive that was so not worth the trip.[/quote]

If you haven't gone to the Riverside PNT yet don't bother. They don't have much more. I've never bought anything from them but if I ever have a 4th player for MarioKart64 I'll know where to get it without resorting to ebay.

[quote name='driph']Henderson, Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, whatever. :]

Yeah, you're far from pretty much everything. It's still a bit of a haul for me, as I'm on the SW side of town. Game World is just down the street, but they're generally overpriced and I always get an angry vibe there, and everything else is just the standard GS/GC stores.[/quote]

Game World used to be cool - at least the store on Charleston & Lamb (that used to be there. It's gone now). I get angry every time I go in there just because they have a complete Lunar Silver Story for $99.99. :(

If you get a chance, check out the open air swap meet - that lady opened up shop there (although it's a pain in the butt to find her).

I wonder why there aren't any locations in Los Angeles. There's stores in Glendale, Pasadena, and La Crescenta, but that's a trip and a half for anyone in L.A. Proper.

[quote name='Vegan']I wonder why there aren't any locations in Los Angeles. There's stores in Glendale, Pasadena, and La Crescenta, but that's a trip and a half for anyone in L.A. Proper.[/quote]
thats mainly cuz of the expensive real estate costs in the metro LA area, and since its franchised, it has to come out of the store owners pockets =/

B2G1 deals are common with Play N Trade. Every Play N Trade in the Raleigh area offers this deal. Plus they give you %10 off all used games.

However, to people wanting to B2G1 on classic games, they don't typically do that as it is hard to get a good stock in the first place. The Garner, NC store used to do that until they noticed that their shelves were getting wiped out.

And to the person who said 3 FFVIIs... that won't happen. There's five Play N Trades around me and each store has a wait list for FFVII that is probably about five pages long.

Also, if you find that your PnT doesn't have anything good -- go to another one. It all comes down to the location. If it is near new neighborhoods, they'll have nothing good. If it's near old neighborhoods, you'll be in for the motherload. If you live in Raleigh, NC here is a breakdown of the stores and what you're likely to find:

Cary, NC (Cornerstone) - Store rarely gets anything new. It's located around a lot of new subdivisions. You'll be hard pressed to find any rare gems here.

Cary, NC (Meeting Pl.) - Great store near a lot of older neighborhoods. I've found Lunar 2, FFVII, Brave Fencer Musashi, Mario RPG, PSO Ep. I and II, etc. They've got a lot of good stuff

Garner, NC - Same as the last Cary store. They've always got something worthwhile.

Raleigh, NC (Glenwood) - Best for retro games. I've seen CDi games, 3DO games, Jaguar games, etc. They've got stacks of NES games in box, Atari games, etc. They've currently got a Master System with a phaser gun for $34.99

Raleigh, NC (Wake Forest) - I've only been to the store once. They had some good games, not too much though. It's too far away from me.

anyone know what the trade in values are like? the nearest pnt is about 30min away, i dont want to waste gas if it isn't worth it. thanks

bread's done
Back