Play N Trade BOGO for $.01

neudog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
281 (100%)
I know not every CAG has a Play N Trade nearby, but for those who do they are having a Buy One Get One for a $.01 sale. Here is a link to the promo/sale, but no titles are listed so you have to head to your local store for more details: http://www.playntrade.com/Topic/34-penny-power.aspx

If this has been posted already I apologize. When I tried to search for the topic my browser returned the following:

The website cannot display the page
HTTP 500
Most likely causes:
The website is under maintenance.
The website has a programming error.

There is one about a half hour from me in Saratoga Springs; I've never been.

Are these worth checking out usually?

[quote name='silentevil']Sucks, the Play N Trade by me shut down a few months back.[/QUOTE]

Ya, they had 2 open near me, but they both shutdown within a few months after opening. :cry:

I have two PnT in my town and I am wondering if it's on select titles or what. I am sure it's for used games, but if it's any used game $50 for two $50 games is a great deal.

[quote name='onyzukae']No way!!!!!!!! Do not use dis damn site!!
When you paid than never respond![/QUOTE]

This, the site is super glitchy and my order from a week ago is still preocessing, I sent them a message and havent heard back. Did I say they charge you right away?

A second one just opened in the town I work at and the one I live in is still kicking, even after having two Gamestops and a Software Ect exist in said town. I'll have to check them out to see what's what.

I have a store about 25 miles from me. Are there any deals worth that trip? Remember, gas costs about $75/gallon right now. ;(

[quote name='fortunado']I have a store about 25 miles from me. Are there any deals worth that trip? Remember, gas costs about $75/gallon right now. ;([/QUOTE]

WTF $75.00 a gallon?

[quote name='Kaiser499']WTF $75.00 a gallon?[/QUOTE]
if gas was that bad lol maybe someday but then it be time to stop driving lol

ill be checking this one out tomorrow maybe. The play n trade near me has a copy of Tales of Destiny 2 ive been looking at. Good time to pick it up now!

I really wish I had a more clear idea of the games I could use for this sale or ones that may be in stock before I drive like 25 minutes to go there.

[quote name='BrolyB593']I really wish I had a more clear idea of the games I could use for this sale or ones that may be in stock before I drive like 25 minutes to go there.[/QUOTE]

Call them the one 10 minutes from have always been extra nice with CS considering their like a mom n pop store.

Have one right down the street. Only stopped by once.

Be intereting see what the deal includes. If its any used game then its interesting because mine still has a handful of rare saturn titles even.

each Play N Trade is individually owned and operated, so the games this will apply to will depend on what the owner wants to do, the ones near me are doing ALL games new and used 29.99 and under buy 1 get 1 for a penny, they also regularly do buy 2 get 3 free on used ps2 and original xbox...i guess they are trying to get rid of all the maddens they have lying around.

its def worth checking out if you havent been, you can try the games out before you buy em to make sure they dont suck

Hi all,

I have been going to the PnT in Buena Park, CA recently and they do have great deals at the store. Their staff is somewhat knowledgable and as other posteres mentioned, each store is most likely a franchise.

They have deals plastered all over the wall at the location above and most new games are discounted really low. I will call later and report with a status...

Thanks!

[quote name='binici']Hi all,

I have been going to the PnT in Buena Park, CA recently and they do have great deals at the store. Their staff is somewhat knowledgable and as other posteres mentioned, each store is most likely a franchise.

They have deals plastered all over the wall at the location above and most new games are discounted really low. I will call later and report with a status...

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I was actually gonna hit up this location in a little bit. I will report back with my findings!

I just called the guy at my local play n trade and he said it was on used games. He also mentioned some new games that he has overstocked. I'm sure each store location will be different based on what they have.

I'll go by after work and see what they got. Hoping to get Vanquish and ME2 for ps3.

I talked to a manager of a store on Long Island. He said the games that are included in this sale are Gameboy Advance, Playstation 1, Playstation 2 and XBox. There is another deal, Buy 1 Get 1 Half off, but this is only on used games.

depending on the store's inventory each one willl have a different deal, i just walked out with marvel vs capcom 3 and new vegas for $45

I have one like 5 minutes away from me.
They had put fliers for this deal on all the cars near the area, but I didn't want to bother checking it out.
PnT is not known for having the most "spectacular" deals but some solid deals nonetheless.

Wish I saw this earlier before buying a game! I'm going to try and check this out this weekend and report back (I'm in AZ).

[quote name='Bong']I talked to a manager of a store on Long Island. He said the games that are included in this sale are Gameboy Advance, Playstation 1, Playstation 2 and XBox. There is another deal, Buy 1 Get 1 Half off, but this is only on used games.[/QUOTE]

Sayville store?

ouch was thinking about opening one of these stores

250k min investment ...
no later than 4-8 months from when they sign the franchise agreement and we start working with them as a franchisee.

maybe if there was no game places around here maybe but
with
5 gamestops
half price books
disc replay
4 other mom and pop video game trade stores
10+ pawn shops

this business would stand no chance

[quote name='slidecage']ouch was thinking about opening one of these stores

250k min investment ...

with
5 gamestops
half price books
disc replay
10+ pawn shops

this business would stand no chance[/QUOTE]

Lol, when i moved here 3 years ago, there used to be 4+, now theres barely 1. And i dont think that one is doing too well either. About to head over there now, will post my finds

[quote name='slidecage']ouch was thinking about opening one of these stores

250k min investment ...
no later than 4-8 months from when they sign the franchise agreement and we start working with them as a franchisee.

with
5 gamestops
half price books
disc replay
10+ pawn shops

this business would stand no chance[/QUOTE]
250k investment really isn't that bad, a friend of mine wanted to open a Panera Bread franchise when a new theatre/plaza opened up here, and the investment for that was over 500k.

[quote name='aptanor']250k investment really isn't that bad, a friend of mine wanted to open a Panera Bread franchise when a new theatre/plaza opened up here, and the investment for that was over 500k.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to be off-topic, but Panera is a blessing to fast food.

No dice here in Tampa, FL. Clerk said she had no idea what I was talking about and that each is individually owned and operated under their own conditions.

Pity, neither of the two stores in the area are running any promos at all. it could happen later, but I really don't see why they would be holding out when the sale is live.

Definitely ymmv. My local PNT laughed when I brought this up, and proceeded to give me the standard "WE R FRANCHEEZ, NAWT KORPORUT" speech.

Don't know why I go in there anymore.

the fellow working the counter here in Buffalo, NY said, "We are a little behind and haven't gotten the games yet." he said any game with a penny on it qualifies. he gave me the example of borderlands and modern warfare.

[quote name='jaysapathy']Definitely ymmv. My local PNT laughed when I brought this up, and proceeded to give me the standard "WE R FRANCHEEZ, NAWT KORPORUT" speech.

Don't know why I go in there anymore.[/QUOTE]

got the exact same thing. dude looked at me like I was retarded or something.

What baffles me is how PnT survived this long by using the same business model (to my limited, third-hand, knowledge) as GS. They don't have any discerning quality that will set them up apart from competitors, and with no specialties the consumers have no reason to shop at PnT. The only good thing is the one near me sells games early.

The PnT associate was aware of the promo but told me it was a regional thing. The only promo they were running at the time was buy one new game and get another for 20% off.

This was in addition to the typical buy 2 get one free used games.

Naperville, IL store had the Penny sign on the door, but oddly enough there was NO fine print detailing what the specifics were. Inside, some of the used shelves said that $14.99 and under used qualified. It was very sketchy at best, and their prices overall were not good. That visit did remind me of why I never go in there, for what that's worth.

[quote name='Bong']I talked to a manager of a store on Long Island. He said the games that are included in this sale are Gameboy Advance, Playstation 1, Playstation 2 and XBox. There is another deal, Buy 1 Get 1 Half off, but this is only on used games.[/QUOTE]

Which Long Island store?

bread's done
Back