Play Playstation Vita starting Feb 3 in over 3,300 Gamestop locations

Thx for the link, tried it at best buy and can't wait but sadly my local gamestop has it running behind a plastic shield where u can't play it. Other locations near me did the same thing but not all.

Update, found out they finally took it off the shield stating the district manager wanted it on but decided to take it off lol.

[quote name='iamthekiller']Yea.. the gamestop I went to had the thing secured behind a plastic dome for people to just look at. Lame.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Poop!

[quote name='screwkick']Played it yesterday. Thing is huge. Seemed like twice the size of a PSP. Graphics and touch screen are awesome though.[/QUOTE]

:^o ??

Are you sure you're not comparing to a Sega Gamegear? Vita is nowhere near as larger as you're making it sound.

ps-vita-size-comparison-5.jpg

ps-vita-size-comparison-1.jpg

I played with one today, and despite the reality of the above photos, the thing feels damn big. Lighter and thinner than a 1000 (the only one I've ever held), but big. The screen is the size of my iPhone (not its screen, the whole phone), and it's absolutely beautiful. Bright, excellent colors, high-rez -- beautiful.

I played a little bit of Uncharted (I'm the only human in the world who doesn't like the Uncharted series), and it felt very much like the other ones. The touch control took a little getting used to, but I may actually like it better than the normal jump mechanism.

Little Deviants was kind of fun in a my-kid-would-really-like-this way, but switching the tapping from front to back was not easy, because of the (sorry) size of the unit. (My hands are quite small.)

Whatever that Japanese thing with the cat that controls gravity was . . . that was strange, but probably my favorite of the three.

I can't wait to see Disgaea 3 on this.

Many, just got to play with a Vita at the GS near me tonight and the thing that struck me first was the size and quality of the screen. The device is fairly large, but it is pretty light. Definitely glad I ordered the 3G bundle and can't wait to get it.

I played it yesterday... the thing is huge but surprisingly thin. Uncharted's loading times were rather long for a cartridge but man, the game looks stunning on that screen and the system is very comfortable to hold/use.

There's still no way I'll buy one until it drops to $150 (which probably won't be for a while). I was optimistic about this system but I think it suffers from an identity crisis (too big too be a portable, too small to be a console) and the fact that the only way to PSP games on it is to buy them again, which is a deal breaker for me.

I miss the days when Sony emphasized BC as a feature... but now they're like Nintendo, and emphasize buying the same game over and over again.

I don't know why they would make it BC with UMD's. Everyone seemed to hate them, and as time goes one people will begin to care less and less about it.

bread's done
Back