Play Video Games in Public Day (10/01)

The-Bavis

CAGiversary!
We're trying to help make playing video games a not-so-strange thing to be seen doing out in public by... blatantly playing them in public. If you want to help make video games seem less and less like a strange pastime to Joe Sixpack, just play a game where people can see you on 10/01 (and, of course, on any other day too).

Let me know if you think you will be taking part. The linked article has all the details (of which there are very few, so you probably don't have to actually go to that link).

I think you're over a decade too late regarding this stigma.

Not to mention, many games are better enjoyed in privacy anyways. Has everything to do with preference to your home entertainment system, or because you play more personal and involving games like RPGs or adventure/action games. More "social" genres like fighters and sports games are routinely seen in public, I find. As are handheld devices that everyone games on these days.

But I'd rather not play Mass Effect in the lobby downstairs, it wouldn't really make sense.

[quote name='jkam']Me too.[/QUOTE]

ditto.

I commute in/out of Manhattan every day and I always see people playing Nintendo and Sony handhelds, as well as plenty of smartphone gaming.

Sure, it's more common and plenty of people play games... but the stigma is still there with too many people. I've overheard tons of stupid comments from people while I play games in a waiting room or when I'm in the rare situation where someone else is playing a game. Does this hurt my feelings and make me sad? No, but it would be nice to make gaming in public so common that it isn't even worth a second glance.

If you're already playing games in public every day then keep it up.

Just bumping to remind everyone that this HUGE event is tomorrow. I'm sure Obama will interrupt prime time network TV to address this remarkable day. You don't want to miss out on that, do you?

bread's done
Back