Playing Maximum Carnage

aroundthefur33

CAG Veteran
Me and some friends were playing maximum carnage on my genesis and we were thinking this could be a great next gen spider-man game...and the avengers arcade game...maybe even the x-men game...what do you think

Only beat-em up I can think of where you can't attack mutliple bad guys if theyre bunched up.

So as you're hitting one of the bad guys, the one right next to him is fre and clear to hit you back.

At least for the SNES version

I remember it being awesome (tieing in with the comic book which I also collected.) I'd like to tackle this with a buddy just too see how it held up. Unfortunatly it probably didn't age too well.

Used to love it as well and was pretty decent for a license game even when you look back and see how glaring some of the flaws are. Something about that red cartridge made it *that* much cooler too. Why not throw in some online co-op code and put it on Live for 400 points?

I Just remember playing it when I was young and thinking "man, where the hell does this game end?" That and I never understood what the fuck Cloak's ability did besides make the screen black and him disappear real quick.

I'm pretty sure that Cloak cleared the screen of the lesser baddies when you used him and did a decent amount of damage to the bosses.
Ah man, memories. I still play this on ZSnes a few times a year (and yes, I have the original so no harm there). It could be Nostalgia, but I feel like it's held up pretty well. As well as any other beat-em-up anyway. I suppose Web of Shadows is as close to Maximum Carnage as we'll be getting this generation.

We played a little bit of this on the Genesis yesterday. Unfortunately there seems to be no 2-player mode which I could swear it had.

Still good fun, but didn't get too far.

[quote name='Deefuzz']We played a little bit of this on the Genesis yesterday. Unfortunately there seems to be no 2-player mode which I could swear it had.

[/QUOTE]

Are you possibly thinking of Spider-Man: Separation Anxiety? That one featured co-op IIRC.

Maximum Carnage was pretty awesome back in the day. I absolutely Loved Captain America and the Avengers, but these are games that need to remain a fond memory of my childhood. I dont think these type of games would survive todays market. Not to mention that someone would probably do a hack job on it like the xbl arcade version of Ninja Turtles 4. Re-shelled? c-mon.

[quote name='Drizzt']Are you possibly thinking of Spider-Man: Separation Anxiety? That one featured co-op IIRC.[/QUOTE]

That's definitely possible. I remember being able to play as Spider-Man and Venom at the same time, so maybe I am mixing my games up. I'll have to track that one down now and give it a shot!

[quote name='Deefuzz']That's definitely possible. I remember being able to play as Spider-Man and Venom at the same time, so maybe I am mixing my games up. I'll have to track that one down now and give it a shot![/QUOTE]
You're thinking of Speration Anxiety. Maximum Carnage didn't have co-op.

I used to love this game as a kid. I too was collecting the comic books at the time, and it was a nice ti-in. I haven't played it in a long time though, and I do have the feeling it didn't age too well.

I remember one stage where u get beat up and then saved by
Cloak & Dagger

I tried to use a Game Genie to see if I can actually win that fight... but after a few waves of thugs the game ends up killing you automatically

bread's done
Back