PlayStation 3 Dualshock 3 Wireless Controller + Free Wireless Guitar - $38 w/ECA

[quote name='serenitygod']Man, I just got a used one from gamestop that I drove a total of like 20 miles for[/QUOTE]

Definitely not worth it to return it, but maybe it is. No tax on amazon, and you can trade in the guitar if you don't need it.

hmm, how long is this promo going on?

I should get my amazon credit soon and should have some leftover after my purchase.

[quote name='Sonic2k2']ECA what is that? btw Anyone use this guitar with Rock Band 2? how well does it work?[/QUOTE]

I think these guitars are ass cheap for a reason, they were something like 3 bucks during the holidays at one time.

EDIT: Actually, read over the amazon reviews, and it doesn't seem to be too bad after all.

I just posted this deal 3 hours earlier than the OP did but for some reason that thread just disappeared... weird

yeah the controller showed up in my top pick so i knocked $3 off on top of that making it $35 for dualshock3 and a guitar!! can't complain

ugh i wish i didn't so much bad luck recently, i would hop on this deal instantly.

Last edited by a moderator:
The guitar is horrible. So difficult to use since you need large hands to wrap around since the neck is so much thicker. I got 3 of them around Black Friday for $5 each, two of them as gifts. I traded in my last one today at Gamestop for $6.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']I'm not seeing the "free guitar" with purchase? Is that for ECA members only?[/QUOTE]

It's under the PS3 controller photo where it says in large font "BEST VALUE"

[quote name='Pootie Thang']It's under the PS3 controller photo where it says in large font "BEST VALUE"[/QUOTE]

Thanks! ;)

I was going to buy the PS3 Controller for $39.99 at Buy.com, but for $40.84 (I have it as a Gold Box Deal), I can also get the free Guitar!

I hit the jackpot. I ordered Twilight Zone The Complete Series (Gold Box DOD- $105.99), Ghostbusters on Blu-ray ($13.99 w/ $5 off coupon code- $8.99), PS3 Dual Shock Controller ($42.99- $40.84 for Gold Box, plus a free Frontman Wireless Guitar Controller), and Heart: Alive in Seattle on Blu-ray for $7.99!

Is it any wonder Amazon had record profits this last Holiday Season! I absolutely love the company, and kick myself every day for not buying their stock when it was in the 40 range some 12 to 18 months ago.

I don't really need the guitar and happened to find NEW DS3's on Ebay a few months ago for $30. It arrived and works fine which is great because I needed a spare controller and wasn't spending more than $30-$35 just for some rumble we didn't need. (It's 3 gen's old already.) I don't know why they charge so much for it, won't be surprised if a lot more deals pop up.

Amazon has DualShock 3 Wireless Controller + Frontman Wireless Guitar for $42.99 with free shipping. The combo discount will be reflected in cart.

ECA Members (currently free to join) may save an etra $6 making it $37, here is how:

Guitar controller doesn't 'suck' It's not as good as other official ones, but for the $5 I paid for it last year, I'm thoroughly pleased.

YES! Thanks op! I actually ordered a DS3 last night with my ECA+$10 credit from GH5, which totaled out to 28.95, just cancelled and reorder and with ECA+$10 credit and FSSS I got them both for 26.95 :D

My love for amazon continues to grow.

[quote name='WhiteAndBlue']
ECA Members (currently free to join) may save an etra $6 making it $37, here is how:

[/QUOTE]
I looked through the ECA thread, but when I click on the link in the first post, it shows that it costs $14.99 or $19.99. I see people on there complaining about people getting it for free, but can find no details on how to do it.

How do you get it for free?

Thanks!

GIMAG I believe is the code.
and I'm thinking about getting this. Just got a PS3 and need another Dualshock.

[quote name='flix1']I looked through the ECA thread, but when I click on the link in the first post, it shows that it costs $14.99 or $19.99. I see people on there complaining about people getting it for free, but can find no details on how to do it.

How do you get it for free?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

GIMAG is the code I believe

and I'm thinking about getting this just for the Dualshock, and trading in the guitar. I have enough guitars from RB2 and GHWT, and GH3

[quote name='Mako1215']GIMAG I believe is the code.
and I'm thinking about getting this. Just got a PS3 and need another Dualshock.[/QUOTE]
Yep ... thanks.

Found the answer in a specific thread on the topic on DVDTalk ... that had been pulled from CAG. :)

You have to join, receive the email, click on the link in the email, THEN enter the coupon and credit card (even though the charge is $0.00).

not a bad deal, even if you just want the dual shock.
151l1259.jpg

Unfortunately, because of the influx of new members to the ECA, due to the free membership codes, the latest batch of Amazon discounts has dried up. So, any new members would not get access to codes, anyway.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Unfortunately, because of the influx of new members to the ECA, due to the free membership codes, the latest batch of Amazon discounts has dried up. So, any new members would not get access to codes, anyway.[/QUOTE]

That free membership has come to screw us all.

Indeed. That, and all the people who stored 10+ codes on their Amazon accounts. Then again, if the ECA simply worked this crap out with Amazon and got us a unique, account-specific, multi-use code, none of this would be an issue at all.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Unfortunately, because of the influx of new members to the ECA, due to the free membership codes, the latest batch of Amazon discounts has dried up. So, any new members would not get access to codes, anyway.[/QUOTE]
Ture?

They just got new codes up this morning. Picked up mine for $37. Awesome, awesome, awesome deal. Don't know what the hell I'm gonna end up doing with the guitar, but $37 for the DS3 alone was a good deal. If I end up just getting $5 for the guitar from a friend or something, I'll be happy.

[quote name='Noxious Games']Definitely not worth it to return it, but maybe it is. No tax on amazon, and you can trade in the guitar if you don't need it.[/QUOTE]

There definitely is tax on amazon! There may or may not be tax for you depending on what state your credit card is from!

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']I was going to buy the PS3 Controller for $39.99 at Buy.com, but for $40.84 (I have it as a Gold Box Deal), I can also get the free Guitar![/QUOTE]

Yes...

^ Yup, it's dead. There used to be a box stating that you could get the free guitar, but that box is now gone. Just gotta love when deals hit the SD front page like this one did a few days ago.

bread's done
Back