PlayStation 3 Eagle Eye - Mouse and Keyboard Adapter for COD, MOH, all FPS, etc

Thats the kind of shit that pisses me off with online gaming. I wish that shit like this couldnt be used online by saps.

I have one, and please please be careful with the thing. I have tried about 6 different mice, and they all suck.

Use a standard optical/laser with as few features as possible and highest DPI.

I use the Frag FX since I was a lifelong PC gamer. It's 49.99 on newegg. Works pretty well not as good as a normal PC mouse and keyboard but better (For me) then the controller.

[quote name='chopper731']So a game like Bad Company 2 which is on PC as well as console wasn't meant to be played with a mouse and keyboard? Hmm.[/QUOTE]

I didn't catch it at first but I assume he's being sarcastic since the FPS genre was a PC invention (I think)

[quote name='chopper731']So a game like Bad Company 2 which is on PC as well as console wasn't meant to be played with a mouse and keyboard? Hmm.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps he means it's cheating using a keyboard and mouse vs a dualshock because one might have a significant advantage over the other. I think Sony or some company is looking into whether or not they should separate Move and DS controls into different lobbies/game rooms.

Just a note for people who would think it's the same as the PC.
How we implement controls with analog sticks on FPS games is very different from we do with mouse controls.
This will certainly not feel like you play games on PC with a mouse. Rather, it will be like the control is delayed because it accelerates smoothly rather than adding the displacement of your mouse from point A to point B.

If Sony officially approves mouse & keyboard controllers maybe the developers will start to support it as an option to who owns them, but for now it won't feel as good or same as PC mouse gaming.

I've wanted to get one of these since before release and received the email release via newsletter as I signed up for it on their official website.
This is a godsend for those who hate playing via horrid controls on a controller.
I just wish the developers of all FPS console games did what Epic Games did with Unreal Tournament III's release for the PS3/360 and allowed keyboard and mouse support already.

Will be picking this up soon.

-FrankCastleAZ

I'm talkin' about CONSOLE FPS games. They are meant to be played with the console's respective controller, not a keyboard and mouse. If you got some ninjas runnin' around on there with a keyboard and mouse, they have an obvious advantage over the people trying to play the game how it was meant to be played... with a controller. On their console. Duh.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I'm talkin' about CONSOLE FPS games. They are meant to be played with the console's respective controller, not a keyboard and mouse. If you got some ninjas runnin' around on there with a keyboard and mouse, they have an obvious advantage over the people trying to play the game how it was meant to be played... with a controller. On their console. Duh.[/QUOTE]

This. QFT.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I'm talkin' about CONSOLE FPS games. They are meant to be played with the console's respective controller, not a keyboard and mouse. If you got some ninjas runnin' around on there with a keyboard and mouse, they have an obvious advantage over the people trying to play the game how it was meant to be played... with a controller. On their console. Duh.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you lack confidence in yourself. If you think its an advantage and care then buy one yourself. I don't use this but certainly don't care if other people do. It is just a different control scheme.

[quote name='chopper731']Sounds like you lack confidence in yourself. If you think its an advantage and care then buy one yourself. I don't use this but certainly don't care if other people do. It is just a different control scheme.[/QUOTE]

No dude. It is an advantage for experienced KB/M users, they can move faster than the controller. Most people hate playing with KB/M, I hate it with a passion, but there are those who spend hundreds of hours getting used to it and love to have an elitist ego about KB/M>>Controller...but I have no clue why.

Why would anyone lack confidence because they were playing against someone with a mouse? It's just like being in a Gears 2 lobby when you have an awful host, no one is getting kills but you see one guy with 15 and no one else with any. If it were less laggy, you could do better. He's saying the same thing.

This argument brings back memories from the old DC days! I loved the mouse k/b setup on Quake 3 Arena that they had on the Dreamcast, this game is what got me into online gaming. I wish these video game companies would have given us this option instead they give us the wii mote and the move. If it wasn't for games like Doom and Quake which all started on the PC, we wouldn't have had FPS on consoles. Personally I prefer playing on mouse k/b and it really is the way it's meant to be played.

[quote name='mr_bungle']No dude. It is an advantage for experienced KB/M users, they can move faster than the controller. Most people hate playing with KB/M, I hate it with a passion, but there are those who spend hundreds of hours getting used to it and love to have an elitist ego about KB/M>>Controller...but I have no clue why.

Why would anyone lack confidence because they were playing against someone with a mouse? It's just like being in a Gears 2 lobby when you have an awful host, no one is getting kills but you see one guy with 15 and no one else with any. If it were less laggy, you could do better. He's saying the same thing.[/QUOTE]

Advantage for experienced KB/M Users? Thats like saying the controller is an advantage for experienced Controller users.

They dont gain anything other then a comfortable way to play the game, they dont move faster, they dont aim faster nor do they shoot faster. If you want to aim faster, adjust the sensitivity and stop complaining. If you suck, youre gonna get raped no matter what type of device is being used against you, and vice versa.

The PS3 supports native USB Keyboard/Mouse controls for all games already (as did the PS2); it's up to the developers to implement the control schemes into their games. Usually they don't bother because it's accepted that a console player will most likely be using the default console controller.

Resistance lets you take screenshots with the KB, but I'm pretty sure the only FPS on PS3 that uses native KB/M control is Unreal Tournament III. Which is funny because UT is the only one I remember playing with KB/M on the PS2.

Sony is not going to ban anyone for using 3rd party controllers. Your movement/and aiming speed does not increase with a KB/M, only your aiming precision. As far as I know the biggest complaint of these peripherals is that the games lack mouse acceleration, so you can't snap the mouse to do 180 turns like in PC FPS.

I wish more developers would just implement the native controls on PS3 games for KB/M to begin with; then all the kids who complain that people have an "unfair" advantage could plug in their own KB/M and still get killed by PC veterans.

Considering that a major portion of PC gamers ARE elitist bastards...it is beyond me why anyone who dares to proclaim himself as a gamer coming from the "Master Race" would want this on such "peasant tier console"

Put it this way.
All Multi-platform FPS are considered to be the Godly on the PC in terms of quality, graphics, performance, connectivity, mods, user fan base, etc...of course, there is a few exceptions lolinfinityward.
i believe this is known among the pc gamers and even the console gamers should be aware of this.
Halo "Forge"? lol pc gaming did that years ago
Killzone 2 graphics? lol could have been better on the pc

see where i am getting at?

It is beyond me why someone who has a pc would grab lets say MoH, CoD or even the downgraded version of Crysis 2 for their ps3 and buy this gimmick just to play on the PSN.
i am sure this does not make sense because most pc gamers who even have a ps3, have that ps3 for exclusives and blu-ray and every other game that is platform but was never released for pc.
They do their multiplayer gaming strictly on their pcs and later brag about it.
Their "Casual" gaming would be done on their ps3.

Ok, there is nothing wrong with that. i would do that too because it makes sense.

Now.
I am assuming that those who like this kb+mouse implementation would like to import those skills to the exclusive FPS that are found on the ps3.
Well then, enjoy paying 50 dollars just to play Killzone 3 or other exclusive FPS because i am sure that you would be busy bragging about those Crysis 2 graphics or playing MoH/CoD or those other multiplatform fps on your pc.

Everybody else..consider yourself purchasing a gimmick.
You are no better than a kid on a toy store.
"Get this one. it is nice and affordable"
"BUT MAAWWWWWWM THAT ONE IS GLOOOOSSSYYYY ANND LOOOKKS KEWWWWL. GEOORGE HASS IT!!
HIS MAAAWM IS KOOOL AND BOUGHT IT FOR HIM!!!"

Just get yourself a PC and gtfo

[quote name='chopper731']Sounds like you lack confidence in yourself. If you think its an advantage and care then buy one yourself. I don't use this but certainly don't care if other people do. It is just a different control scheme.[/QUOTE]

exactly, besides its only cheating if only one person has access to it. You are more than capable to spend the money and buy it yourself, or don't its your choice. I for one only play FPS with a mouse and keyboard the way they are meant to be played. I may or may not pick it up, but in the mean time I will stick with the PC for my FPS's but this gives me an option.
[quote name='Fire_Theif']I'm talkin' about CONSOLE FPS games. They are meant to be played with the console's respective controller, not a keyboard and mouse. If you got some ninjas runnin' around on there with a keyboard and mouse, they have an obvious advantage over the people trying to play the game how it was meant to be played... with a controller. On their console. Duh.[/QUOTE]
Also I dont people whining about game pads for the pc's I know a few people who pwn with the game pads.

Meh, I just juse a [link=http://www.bannco.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=58&Itemid=18]FRAGnStein[/link] to gain my unfair advantage on PSN. The Eagle Eye if laggy, if it even works.

To those trying to justify these types of products, you are wrong. Sorry. A mouse is simply more accurate than a controller. This is a fact, it is not a debate, the writing is on the wall and the wall is made of stone. When I use my FnS I do feel like I'm cheating. The problem is, all the top players are cheating to. It is what it is.

bread's done
Back