Playstation 3 Move Poll - Vote Now

I'm getting it. Not at launch, but somewhat close. Echochrome 2 and Siege compel me.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Can't believe how many people are picking this up, considering the lack of great, engrossing looking launch titles and how the Wii ended up flopping after the craze died because of lack of titles. You people are taking a big gamble on this one, and personally I would go after the Kinect before I went for the Move simply because M$ has more power to pump out bigger, better titles if they feel the need. Sony may struggle early on with titles.[/QUOTE]

Looks like maybe we're all in for a little surprise. Seems even games like Start the Party are already on backorder from BestBuy. Same goes for Sports Champions.

29z76dw.jpg

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Can't believe how many people are picking this up, considering the lack of great, engrossing looking launch titles and how the Wii ended up flopping after the craze died because of lack of titles. You people are taking a big gamble on this one, and personally I would go after the Kinect before I went for the Move simply because M$ has more power to pump out bigger, better titles if they feel the need. Sony may struggle early on with titles.[/QUOTE]
It's probably because whereas the tech demos of the move show great potential, the tech demos for the Kinect mainly show the devices limitations. (Ex. miming the movements of a steering wheel to turn the car, but having no method to control gas, braking, or shifting).

[quote name='guardian_owl']It's probably because whereas the tech demos of the move show great potential, the tech demos for the Kinect mainly show the devices limitations. (Ex. miming the movements of a steering wheel to turn the car, but having no method to control gas, braking, or shifting).[/QUOTE]

Another thing is the fact in addition to all the wii-like titles they have non-casual titles like KZ3 and RE5 with optional Move support. M$ has yet to show if any non-casual games will support Kinect, which I think is a big mistake. Certainly, going to be interesting to see how both pan out in the next year.

[quote name='2DMention']How are they gonna simulate the pedal in Time Crisis? How did they for older games?[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly, I think you just pointed the gun down to reload in the PS2 ones. Or was there a button on the side? I dunno, but I remember them being a lot of fun on the PS2.

For developers, the nice thing about the Move is that it's pretty easy to integrate the controller into titles they're already working on while with the Kinect it seems like you would have to make a game from the ground up. Most if not all 1st/2nd party games from here on out will probably have Move support and I suspect most shooters will too.

Here's a list of the 54 Move titles
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_compatible_with_PlayStation_Move

I want a PS3 Slim (my fats worries me), so buying the 320gb bundle isn't a huge investment compared to the 250. I'm also pretty excited about Resident Evil 5, No More Heroes, Oddworld and Time Crisis.

[quote name='KillerRamen']If I remember correctly, I think you just pointed the gun down to reload in the PS2 ones. Or was there a button on the side? I dunno, but I remember them being a lot of fun on the PS2.[/QUOTE]
Yep, in ye olden days of Lethal Enforcers you pointed the gun down or to the side and pulled the trigger to reload. Though I suppose you could do any number of motion actions to simulate it, like pointing the move controller up and slamming the butt of the wand down into your hand to simulate popping in a new clip.

I am pretty sure I will be picking up the 99.99 bundle with the 29.99 controller on day one.
I look forward to the Sorcery game as well as the Dead Space game that will come out with Dead Space 2!
I might even check out Killzone or Socom at some point.

I'm getting the 320 GB system bundle more because I want a new PS3 but I'm curious about Move, probably play it for a little than get bored with it as I did with the Wii. Not buying any other games right away but want to play through Heavy Rain again with the Move controls.

I recently got a Wi ($65 from amazon warehouse!)i, which actually delays me getting the Move. After using it I'm not sure how big I am on motion gaming. I'm such a lazy mofo. The Wii isn't accurate enough for me either. I think the Move experience will be much better in that respect, and the games that'll come out for it, will no doubt interest me more. But still, I'm going to wait till around christmas time to get the move. Hopefully they'll be some sort of sale by then (c'mon BF deal!)

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']You people are taking a big gamble on this one, and personally I would go after the Kinect before I went for the Move simply because M$ has more power to pump out bigger, better titles if they feel the need.[/QUOTE]

$80 is not a big gamble. Not by a long shot.

Anyways I hate motion controls. I will be holding out for some halfway decent games before I consider picking this thing up. RE5 gold and NMH are the only games that even look moderately appealing but I'm going to pass for now anyways.

I lost my mind and picked up the Madden bundle over the weekend. Oh well, maybe I'll upgrade the hdd to a 500gb later. I'm still getting the $100 move bundle on Friday.

I decided I'm not preordering it, but only because I'm getting Halo Reach.

Microsoft won my money.

I'm probably going to buy the move when KZ3 comes out.

[quote name='MadForMadden']Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 should be a really fun game for the Move. I look forward to playing it.[/QUOTE]

I was kind of interested in this but read a review that the controls are horrible and complicated. If it gets low enough in price, I may still pick it up.

I'm thinking about picking up two of the wands and seeing how my standard Six-Axis works as the nav controller. I tried playing with the controller last night and found that it's more comfortable to use the right analog stick so that the controller rests on your hand. Who knows, maybe we'll see a new Six-Axis that is more form-fitting for this configuration.

I have to say though, Move has me MUCH more interested that Kinnect at this point.

Input lag needs to be equivalent to a wired controller. In a timing sensitive game I won't even use wireless. How can anyone enjoy playing a game with that much delay?

If you want motion controls go with a Wii. At least there's plenty of games already using the peripheral there.

Black Friday... If there's a good deal, I'm all for it. Initially I wanted to get it on launch day, but I changed my mind. Not that I don't think it's not good, just that I feel better if I can score it for cheaper :lol:

I have a lot to play and playing for trophies make things even slower :whistle2:(

It all comes down to the games. Aside from things I've already played (Heavy Rain, RE5), most of it seems like stuff I already didn't like all that much on the Wii. Personally, I love the Wii, but it's really the games that DON'T tack the motion stuff on in a heavy-handed way that make it a great system, or (like RE4) games that implement motion in a way that's a revelation.

If stuff like Killzone and SOCOM come out well, I'll consider it. As it is, the closer these games are to Wii Sports, the further away I'll be.

Gamestop is having a midnight launch for the Move due to selling out on pre-orders, for those interested in getting this a little early.

bread's done
Back