Playstation 3?

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
83 (100%)
Just sold my old fat model at a decent price and intend to upgrade to a slim. Anyone seen any deals recently? It does not even have to be something earth shattering, just under the MSRP or bundled with games.

I'm trying to find a deal as well...for my buddy. He is finally diving into the current gen but is nowhere near as savvy as I am. I figured CAG would be the best place to start to try to find him the hook up.

Walmart usually has bundle deals on their website. You probably only save a few bucks though, and Amazon would probably be better if you don't have tax there.

I would usually say wait until Dell has a 15% or 20% off systems coupon, but I think its been quite a while.

I got my Slim on Craigslist. I ended up paying about $190 for a system with 2 controlelrs after selling the games it came with :)

Good Luck!

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I'm trying to find a deal as well...for my buddy. He is finally diving into the current gen but is nowhere near as savvy as I am. I figured CAG would be the best place to start to try to find him the hook up.[/QUOTE]

Only thing I can think of right now is maybe with the gamecrazies closing with a bit of luck you could find a PS3 at 20-30% off before their all sold out....but thats a big maybe and personally gamecrazy is a bit of a drive.

Sony's still trying to catch up with demand. I've heard that it's because of the model changeover in the factories OR that they were having a hard time getting HDDs, but they're basically impossible to find, even at retail price. I went to like 10 stores the other day, none of them had a single one.

There's rumors that a PS3 bundle will be announced at E3, possibly with MLB 2K10 (maybe another one as well) to tie in with their new deal with MLB.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Sony's still trying to catch up with demand. I've heard that it's because of the model changeover in the factories OR that they were having a hard time getting HDDs, but they're basically impossible to find, even at retail price. I went to like 10 stores the other day, none of them had a single one.

There's rumors that a PS3 bundle will be announced at E3, possibly with MLB 2K10 (maybe another one as well) to tie in with their new deal with MLB.[/QUOTE]

That is kind of why no matter what I am waiting a month or two to buy one again. Its tempting to run out and just buy one if I see one, but with E3 we usually hear about new bundles. An MLB bundle would be crap....but who knows maybe we get something better.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Sony's still trying to catch up with demand. I've heard that it's because of the model changeover in the factories OR that they were having a hard time getting HDDs, but they're basically impossible to find, even at retail price. I went to like 10 stores the other day, none of them had a single one.

There's rumors that a PS3 bundle will be announced at E3, possibly with MLB 2K10 (maybe another one as well) to tie in with their new deal with MLB.[/QUOTE]

I believe you might mean MLB The Show, as Sony makes their own MLB game for their own consoles. :)

GameCrazy might be a good choice if you have one close by and can watch the price dropping.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Only thing I can think of right now is maybe with the gamecrazies closing with a bit of luck you could find a PS3 at 20-30% off before their all sold out....but thats a big maybe and personally gamecrazy is a bit of a drive.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately there aren't any Game Crazy's anywhere around here.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I'm trying to find a deal as well...for my buddy. He is finally diving into the current gen but is nowhere near as savvy as I am. I figured CAG would be the best place to start to try to find him the hook up.[/QUOTE]
In The exact same boat.
Thought I would check here.
It's crazy because a year ago there were deals where they were giving away all sorts of games with the system. I'm having a hard time finding anything like that.
I could see if there was a real shortage but I always see them when I'm in the stores.

[quote name='osugsxr']ps3 slim $230 buy it now on bestbuy auction site,
ps3 80 gb buy it now at $180....
basic items included,[/QUOTE]

This looks to be closed to non best buy employees.

[quote name='osugsxr']corporate partners with best buy have access to it as well[/QUOTE]

Which I am not so it does me no good ;(

[quote name='MSI Magus']That is kind of why no matter what I am waiting a month or two to buy one again. Its tempting to run out and just buy one if I see one, but with E3 we usually hear about new bundles. An MLB bundle would be crap....but who knows maybe we get something better.[/QUOTE]

maybe the ff13 one

[quote name='starmask2k3']maybe the ff13 one[/QUOTE]

FFXIII bundle would be absoultly perfect for me. A Ratchet and Clank CiT bundle would also be good(would be smart to do CiT and FToD)and id be very happy with that. While I own both games I think an Uncharted 1 and 2 bundle would also be a good move on their part.

decisions..... 120gb slim for 230 or so, or 80gb at 150 -190 buy it now..... craigslist has a 60gb at 180 just basics.....
find 120gb with games ? not sure what to do....

purchased a slim 120gb on craigslist...5 games, 5 downloaded games, 1 controller,...$200 ....everything works great, tested games and blu rays no problem. Internet is fine connecting through my nexus one, just signed and downloaded my old ps3 items.

[quote name='osugsxr']purchased a slim 120gb on craigslist...5 games, 5 downloaded games, 1 controller,...$200 ....everything works great, tested games and blu rays no problem. Internet is fine connecting through my nexus one, just signed and downloaded my old ps3 items.[/QUOTE]

Well congrats man! Hopefully it keeps working for you! If you have never owned a PS3 I reccomend looking in to Infamous and Uncharted.

[quote name='osugsxr']Have owned a few before, picked up fallout 3, call of Juarez, today for $22, ps3 still has warranty[/QUOTE]

It only has warranty if you have the receipt. No receipt, no warranty, NO EXCEPTIONS. This i know from personal experience.

I was going to read the entire thread but I decided to just jump down to the bottom and say that if you have a Hollywood video/game crazy around you that is going out of business they are having some killer deals on hardware.

Ricky

bread's done
Back