Playstation 3D Display $199.99 at GameStop & Best Buy

Kingmob46

CAGiversary!
Gamestop

Best Buy

Edit 5: Seems Best Buy is back in stock, Newegg is now $249.

Edit 4: [damn this thread won't die!] Newegg is now @ $199 [free ship, not tax for most, also Shoprunner eligible] Best Buy still has it @ $199 but it is back-ordered on .com, check for stock in store. Thanks to TheTruth1983 [that you Paul?] for the Newegg info!

EDIT 3: Now dead at Best Buy, YMMV Price Match?

EDIT 2: This does not include the extra glasses/MLB bundle at either location. Just the monitor, 1 pair of glasses, and Motorstorm Apocalypse. Thank you to all the posting Caggers for the updates!

Ok, Don't kill the messenger,this is just a kindly FYI service, the Playstation 3D display/bundle [what ever they have in stock] will be $199 next week.

Buy 4 and use them to prop up your bed for extra storage :bouncy:

EDIT:
I will just add this bit of information, though we will not be able to confirm it until the 27th. When I was talking to the GS employee who told me about this sale last week; he indicated that GS was "clearing out" the stock on hand and that what ever stock/bundle he had was going to be $199. Again, I CANNOT CONFIRM THIS. However, I will be in that store Wednesday morning just in case the bundles [with extra games/glasses] are $199.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jack_Frost']Once/If it hits $99 people will post saying

"eh, ill wait for $50"

"can I watch tv on it?"

"too small for gaming"

This is like a CAG meme lol[/QUOTE]

haha yeah then no matter what store has the discounted item you'll hear

"i'm gonna try and pm this at (enter retailer of your choice) "

I bought one as a second TV just for the 3D about 2 months ago, and have had no problems yet. The picture is amazing, and if anything happens I will just RMA it. (for a year anyway)

Make sure to buy the PS3 blu-ray remote if you buy this display!

[quote name='bilbobagins3']I would like this for my PSPgo as it's one of the few displays you can actually get full screen PSP output. Combine that with using a Dualshock on the Go and I have another true console. I hate the weird PSP output on other stuff and zoom seems to make it look really bad.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, seriously. I'm definitely getting one now. I bought a Go dock and component wires and everything for it to look like crap on the LCD. Not only can I play Silent Hill Sownpour in 3D (which I heard was great), but I'll get a psp xxl out of this as well. Excited now.

[quote name='Carlanga']I'm down if it goes to $99; after seeing the high failure rates and how sony doesn't care to accept them...the thing is a display, but has no DVI or VGA inputs... no official remote included so that's an extra $24 if you want a PS remote (which I think some type of remote should have been included instead of an HDMI cable), plus whatever converer cable needed for your computer to send to one of the HDMI ports if you want to use it w/out a console or BR player... According to GS there is low stock of it in about 10 GS around me, so I might buy it at $150, definitely at $99 but $200 is just too much. In my Sam's Club there are a bunch still at $400+.[/QUOTE]

How is Sony not accepting them ? It comes with a 1 yr warranty that they actually honor.They ship you back a refurb...for $200, I can live with it

"eh, ill wait for $50"

"can I watch tv on it?"

"too small for gaming"

Never fails, word for word...

I always chime in on these but I now own 3 of these and they are awesome as a monitor, and for the tournaments I run (Mostly fighting games which if you know that community you know how picky they are about TV / Monitor quality.) The LED screen is super bright and vibrant. I am not a big fan of 3D but its there for the few games/movies I want to use it for. I bought 3 at the 299.99 price with the free extra games and glasses from GS and have had zero regrets. I sold off the extra stuff and got the monitors for around 200. Great deal imo.

[quote name='batman1939']Only 2 HDMI and 1 component input. Sorry but no deal, I'm one of the few that still has a Wii. I don't want to buy component for the Wii with the WiiU coming out.[/QUOTE]
Monoprice. Think I paid $2.60 for it

[quote name='maximumzero']Keep in mind there's no tuner, so if you want to use this as an actual TV you're out of luck.

I'd probably pick one up if it fit in my bookshelf that I play games on. From what I saw of the Best Buy display, it looked really nice, even without the 3D activated.[/QUOTE]

as long as you have a CABLE box (90% of ppl do now) with component or HDMI out (for 3d tv) youll be fine. I used mine to watch Gnomeo and Juliet on STARZ 3D (starz 3d will only play on top bottom 3d in 720p format) from at&t .

so the fact that it does not have a tune DOES NOT mean its not possible to watch TV on it.

Thanks for that. I wouldn't recommend this monitor even at $99. Very shitting, and quite surprisingly, quality from Sony.

[quote name='caltab']This is not a TV, but rather a display- meaning that it does not have a built in TV tuner or remote control. You probably already knew this, but others viewing this thread may not.

Also, for those thinking about using this as 3d monitor for your PC, if you have an nvidia graphic card 3d is not supported.

LAstly, here is a lengthy thread from the playstation forums about problems with the display.

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3911087?start=0&tstart=0[/QUOTE]

$200 was my buying point, but now I think it'll hit $150.

I don't think my Best Buy has this in stock, though, so I can't PM it, and I'm definitely not giving GS my money.

[quote name='Scorch']$200 was my buying point, but now I think it'll hit $150.

I don't think my Best Buy has this in stock, though, so I can't PM it, and I'm definitely not giving GS my money.[/QUOTE]
I don't think GS is that worried about your money lol, I don't see what the big fuss is, they're awesome with the right promos. I know the whole gutted copy insanity, but nobody's forcing you. Let's boycott Walmart because they crap on their employees, but no, wait...their cases are sealed.....

I bought one of these about 6 months back, it failed on me within 3 weeks. Luckily I was about to return it just in time. 200 bucks is probably the best you're going to see this get to, just be make sure you get a protection plan or something with it. I'd buy it again if I didn't already buy another 32 inch 3D TV from newegg.

[quote name='batman1939']Only 2 HDMI and 1 component input. Sorry but no deal, I'm one of the few that still has a Wii. I don't want to buy component for the Wii with the WiiU coming out.[/QUOTE]

i doubt sony made this with ancient technology in mind, it was designed primarily for the PS3, you should've been using component cables all along with your wii...

where you also going to try and connect your vcr??

i picked up the official wii component cables at BB for $5.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']I don't think GS is that worried about your money lol, I don't see what the big fuss is, they're awesome with the right promos. I know the whole gutted copy insanity, but nobody's forcing you. Let's boycott Walmart because they crap on their employees, but no, wait...their cases are sealed.....[/QUOTE]

They make billions of dollars selling preowned games without giving any back to the publishers/developers. Stock used games from people trading in games for maybe 15% of the actual value. To me that's like stealing from a kid. Yes you have to be an adult to trade now, but just as adults buy games for kids, they also trade for kids too. They sell used new released games for $56.99 as opposed to the new $60 game. Sure, they don't force you, but they do try to hide the fact that they have new copies whenever they could. As far as they are concerned, if they don't have any used copies, they don't have it in stock at all.

I don't have a problem with buying new games from them generally, but they tend to make me feel uncomfortable by basically telling me I'm an idiot for buying a new copy when I could save $3. and that is every time at maybe 85% of the stores I've been to.

Most recent case was when I drove 30 miles to pick up Atelier Totori CE for $30 using their in store pickup option online. Got there, and they tried to sell me a regular copy. Knowing better, I asked where's the rest of the stuff, premium box, soundtrack and all. The manager then came in from the back and said another employee had already taken all the stuff. To top it all off, they said I can definitely get the CE of the next game Atelier Meruru if I preorder it.

That said, I'll still buy the 3d display from them if they bundle everything together like they were doing before. Otherwise, I'll be pming at BB. Like I said, no problem buying new stuff from them, but they make even that difficult too.

Uhh... Sorry, always gets me fired up when someone sides with GS.

[quote name='snowmint']So at this price it only comes with the monitor? No second 3d glasses or game?[/QUOTE]

You can at least do a little research before asking these questions. There is no 'monitor only' package. They all come with motorstorm, glasses, and hdmi cable. There have been other bundles with different games like mlb and extra glasses added on top, but nobody knows for sure what this offer will be, but my bet is just the standard bundle.

Standard bundle + 1 extra game or a second pair of glasses would lock me in. $200 base isn't much better than the $300 bundles with glasses and day-one copy of the The Show 12 a few months back.

I have had this for a few months now and in my opinion it goes like this.

+Gaming color saturation is nice and rich
-Viewing angle seems bad even for a TN panel, anything directly off center the colors go to hell
-If using as a PC monitor it is lacking quite badly. I would compare it to my $120 Acer TN monitor.

If it is primarily for your PS3 and PC gaming it is absolutely nice, however If you are planning to use it to do a lot of reading it is pretty bad. I definitely don't feel remorse for buying it for $250 but I also don't feel I got any kind of deal at that purchase point.

I'm actually surprised there's as much negativity towards the display in this thread as there is considering most people seemed to be holding out for $200. At worst, it's a 24" 1080p monitor. Normally a 24" monitor for $200 would be an average/lukewarm deal, so having the 3D capability, component input, and game included as well seems like a pretty decent bundle. Although the reliability issues are disappointing.

Also, there is an ini file you can download that will allow it to work with Nvidia 3DTV, so you can still get 3D if you have an Nvidia card. Just remember that the display only has two 3D modes: 720p/60 and 1080p/24. So for 3D games you'll probably want to stick to 720p.

Oh, and Motorstorm Apocalypse currently trades in for $22 at Best Buy after the 100% boost (or $23.10 if you have GCU).

Are there even any 3D 1080 games on PS3? The 1080p/24Hz 3D is probably meant for movies. I know a couple of years ago, it came out that Sony was recommending that developers not do 3D 1080, but I don't know how many, if any, actually tried.

Nope, no PS3 games run at 1080p/24hz. It's pretty much exclusively for movies, since developers probably don't want to lock their games to 24FPS (not to mention hardly any games are 1080p to begin with). Even if you could play games at that, I'm not sure you'd want to.

[quote name='IzzyF3']They make billions of dollars selling preowned games without giving any back to the publishers/developers. Stock used games from people trading in games for maybe 15% of the actual value. To me that's like stealing from a kid. Yes you have to be an adult to trade now, but just as adults buy games for kids, they also trade for kids too. They sell used new released games for $56.99 as opposed to the new $60 game. Sure, they don't force you, but they do try to hide the fact that they have new copies whenever they could. As far as they are concerned, if they don't have any used copies, they don't have it in stock at all.

I don't have a problem with buying new games from them generally, but they tend to make me feel uncomfortable by basically telling me I'm an idiot for buying a new copy when I could save $3. and that is every time at maybe 85% of the stores I've been to.

Most recent case was when I drove 30 miles to pick up Atelier Totori CE for $30 using their in store pickup option online. Got there, and they tried to sell me a regular copy. Knowing better, I asked where's the rest of the stuff, premium box, soundtrack and all. The manager then came in from the back and said another employee had already taken all the stuff. To top it all off, they said I can definitely get the CE of the next game Atelier Meruru if I preorder it.

That said, I'll still buy the 3d display from them if they bundle everything together like they were doing before. Otherwise, I'll be pming at BB. Like I said, no problem buying new stuff from them, but they make even that difficult too.

Uhh... Sorry, always gets me fired up when someone sides with GS.[/QUOTE]

I'm not siding, I just don't care about their practices knowing that I have options. Besides I don't see any complaints when they do their B2G1 promos netting you 3 relatively new releases at 50% off...

[quote name='scottman']You can at least do a little research before asking these questions. There is no 'monitor only' package. They all come with motorstorm, glasses, and hdmi cable. There have been other bundles with different games like mlb and extra glasses added on top, but nobody knows for sure what this offer will be, but my bet is just the standard bundle.[/QUOTE]

You sure about that? They had one in the back at my local GS, and when I asked what it came with, he said just the monitor. The extra glasses and game were bundled separately, not in the box itself.

I didn't see for myself, but that's what he said. And he was looking at the box.

Where is the "price match at amazon" post? Why is it taking so long? Come on Amazon Fanboys!!! Dont you have credit on amazon to burn?

[quote name='paean']I am going to pass since I am saving up for an 80" LCD (lol).[/QUOTE]

If you only care about tv size why not spend that money on a DLP and save a lot of money. Or maybe get a cheap projector. Oh well your money...

[quote name='Zippon']You sure about that? They had one in the back at my local GS, and when I asked what it came with, he said just the monitor. The extra glasses and game were bundled separately, not in the box itself.

I didn't see for myself, but that's what he said. And he was looking at the box.[/QUOTE]

They all come with motorstorm & glasses...GS just happens to have a $300 bundle with an extra pair of glasses & MLB the Show 12, TigerDirect also has a $300 bundle with Killzone 3 & Uncharted 3 but no extra glasses, It just varies by vendor but they all come with the base package.

[quote name='IzzyF3']1.They make billions of dollars selling preowned games without giving any back to the publishers/developers. 2. Stock used games from people trading in games for maybe 15% of the actual value. 3. To me that's like stealing from a kid. Yes you have to be an adult to trade now, but just as adults buy games for kids, they also trade for kids too. 4. They sell used new released games for $56.99 as opposed to the new $60 game. Sure, they don't force you, but they do try to hide the fact that they have new copies whenever they could. As far as they are concerned, if they don't have any used copies, they don't have it in stock at all.

5. I don't have a problem with buying new games from them generally, but they tend to make me feel uncomfortable by basically telling me I'm an idiot for buying a new copy when I could save $3. and that is every time at maybe 85% of the stores I've been to.

6. Most recent case was when I drove 30 miles to pick up Atelier Totori CE for $30 using their in store pickup option online. Got there, and they tried to sell me a regular copy. Knowing better, I asked where's the rest of the stuff, premium box, soundtrack and all. The manager then came in from the back and said another employee had already taken all the stuff. To top it all off, they said I can definitely get the CE of the next game Atelier Meruru if I preorder it.

7. That said, I'll still buy the 3d display from them if they bundle everything together like they were doing before. Otherwise, I'll be pming at BB. Like I said, no problem buying new stuff from them, but they make even that difficult too.

8. Uhh... Sorry, always gets me fired up when someone sides with GS.[/QUOTE]

1. Why do they have to give back to the publishers for the sale of used games? So you expect amazon.com, best buy and gamestop to give back to publishers? How about car dealerships that sell used cars? Should they give back to Ford, GM and Chrysler? :lol:

2. 15% TIV? You sure of that? For every game? You know that the company needs to make a profit so you have to include shipping costs to the warehouse, the salary of the employees who refurbish the games and the managers, plus the costs of benefits for these employees. I can keep going on and on. And you know that amazon and best buy have similar TIV, right?

3. Stealing? Nobody puts a gun to your heat to force those trade ins. So it is not stealing when you trade in broken stuff? (like many do).

4. So if they are out of stock of used copies, there is no stock at all even if they have new copies? That's a bold statement there. Obviously the company will push the sale of used copies since that's where they make the most profit but I have never heard of an employee that will not sell you a new copy if they have one in stock.

5. So they literally call you an "idiot" for not buying an used copy? Man, you must be really sensitive or you must go to bad locations. I have been to stores in Texas and Oklahoma (dozens of them) and I have never been called an idiot. Yes, I have dealt with bad employees but nothing to the extreme as to what you describe.

6. If that were to happen, that's when you get the manager's name and call corporate to report this shit and ask for compensation. I wouldn't put up with shit like that. I have called Best Buy corporate for shit that I got from a manager when I bought a TV. Got me a nice $50 gift card.

7. Typical "GameStop hater" that will buy stuff at GameStop when they have deals, yet bitch and complain about the company like there is no tomorrow.

8. Yeah, you are so fired up that you are ready to go to the store to buy this bundle because it is a good deal. Makes sense to me. :applause:

[quote name='oasisboy']Where is the "price match at amazon" post? Why is it taking so long? Come on Amazon Fanboys!!! Dont you have credit on amazon to burn?[/QUOTE]

hahaha!! was thinking the same thing!

[quote name='oasisboy']1. Why do they have to give back to the publishers for the sale of used games? So you expect amazon.com, best buy and gamestop to give back to publishers? How about car dealerships that sell used cars? Should they give back to Ford, GM and Chrysler? :lol:

2. 15% TIV? You sure of that? For every game? You know that the company needs to make a profit so you have to include shipping costs to the warehouse, the salary of the employees who refurbish the games and the managers, plus the costs of benefits for these employees. I can keep going on and on. And you know that amazon and best buy have similar TIV, right?

3. Stealing? Nobody puts a gun to your heat to force those trade ins. So it is not stealing when you trade in broken stuff? (like many do).

4. So if they are out of stock of used copies, there is no stock at all even if they have new copies? That's a bold statement there. Obviously the company will push the sale of used copies since that's where they make the most profit but I have never heard of an employee that will not sell you a new copy if they have one in stock.

5. So they literally call you an "idiot" for not buying an used copy? Man, you must be really sensitive or you must go to bad locations. I have been to stores in Texas and Oklahoma (dozens of them) and I have never been called an idiot. Yes, I have dealt with bad employees but nothing to the extreme as to what you describe.

6. If that were to happen, that's when you get the manager's name and call corporate to report this shit and ask for compensation. I wouldn't put up with shit like that. I have called Best Buy corporate for shit that I got from a manager when I bought a TV. Got me a nice $50 gift card.

7. Typical "GameStop hater" that will buy stuff at GameStop when they have deals, yet bitch and complain about the company like there is no tomorrow.

8. Yeah, you are so fired up that you are ready to go to the store to buy this bundle because it is a good deal. Makes sense to me. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Agreed! So sick of the used game/give back to publisher debate. I just bought a house, was the 3rd owner. Do i have to pay the original owner? Or repay the crew that built the house because it was USED?

Buying and trading USED goods has been going on for centuries. Some game developers make a big stink and cry about it because of GREED. If someone wants to sell a game to Gamestop, get $3 for it, when they could get $14 on eBay and let GameStop make the profit, GOOD FOR GAMESTOP. Nobody is forcing you to go thru a middle man to sell goods. Some ppl act like Video Games are the only USED items that make the world turn.

"eh, ill wait for $50"

"can I watch tv on it?"

"too small for gaming"

Haha, yeah, it's pretty pathetic. But hilarious, at least. Most of the people saying these things have no intention of buying one anyway.

Also:

I

Hmmm... Tempted to get this. I've been just spending too much lately though. I guess I'll make a deal with myself that if I get a 30 or higher on my ACT I'll buy this.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Hmmm... Tempted to get this. I've been just spending too much lately though. I guess I'll make a deal with myself that if I get a 30 or higher on my ACT I'll buy this.[/QUOTE]

Nice! My dad told me that if I got a 30 or higher, he'd buy me a six-pack. Got a 31 and some Guiness, lol!

[quote name='KrisMKX']Agreed! So sick of the used game/give back to publisher debate. I just bought a house, was the 3rd owner. Do i have to pay the original owner? Or repay the crew that built the house because it was USED?

Buying and trading USED goods has been going on for centuries. Some game developers make a big stink and cry about it because of GREED. If someone wants to sell a game to Gamestop, get $3 for it, when they could get $14 on eBay and let GameStop make the profit, GOOD FOR GAMESTOP. Nobody is forcing you to go thru a middle man to sell goods. Some ppl act like Video Games are the only USED items that make the world turn.[/QUOTE]

yes yes you should pay the original owner and if he or she isnt around pay the kids you greedy ungrateful person you. besides we all know the used house market is killing jobs!!! its simple new age hate businesses economics.

demand free stuff. whine when companies cant afford to create jobs. simple troll logic that has become entirely too popular and one of the reasons the world economy is going to hell and back.

[quote name='KrisMKX']Agreed! So sick of the used game/give back to publisher debate. I just bought a house, was the 3rd owner. Do i have to pay the original owner? Or repay the crew that built the house because it was USED?

Buying and trading USED goods has been going on for centuries. Some game developers make a big stink and cry about it because of GREED. If someone wants to sell a game to Gamestop, get $3 for it, when they could get $14 on eBay and let GameStop make the profit, GOOD FOR GAMESTOP. Nobody is forcing you to go thru a middle man to sell goods. Some ppl act like Video Games are the only USED items that make the world turn.[/QUOTE]

http://www.youvebeenowned.org/?source=fb

You might want to chime in there.

Wow. People are still comparing items that wear out with use (like houses and cars) with digital media, which essentially lasts forever and provides an identical experience to each new owner as it's sold over and over and over again? That's a major logic fail right there. :drool:

S'okay. Enjoy saving that $5 per game as more and more studios go out of business. Eventually everything will be download-only, and the "right" to resell will be gone, just like with PC software. One user per license. Easy-peasy. ;)

Still tempted by this offer, but I just don't know. Guess I should inventory all my 3D games and blu-rays to see if it's worth it.

[quote name='Carlanga']I'm down if it goes to $99; after seeing the high failure rates and how sony doesn't care to accept them...the thing is a display, but has no DVI or VGA inputs... no official remote included so that's an extra $24 if you want a PS remote (which I think some type of remote should have been included instead of an HDMI cable), plus whatever converer cable needed for your computer to send to one of the HDMI ports if you want to use it w/out a console or BR player... According to GS there is low stock of it in about 10 GS around me, so I might buy it at $150, definitely at $99 but $200 is just too much. In my Sam's Club there are a bunch still at $400+.[/QUOTE]
The official Sony remote WAS $2.49 at Kmart, but it went outta the system before I could grab one for my PS3.:roll: As for an adapter to hook up a PC, they sell fairly cheap DVI to HDMI adapters online. I actually picked one up(Philips brand no less) about 6 months ago at a discount store up in Syracuse(NY) area for $1.

HDMI to VGA adapters: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...to+vga+adapter&rh=i:aps,k:hdmi+to+vga+adapter

HDMI TO DVI adapters: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...+dvi+adapters&rh=i:aps,k:hdmi+to+dvi+adapters

So really, to me the only thing(besides price) that'd dissuade me from buying one of these is the failure rate. But the price is only holding me back since I bought an HP 2159m monitor(w/ DVI & HDMI) for $20 at a thrift store a while ago and if I want to I could use that for my PS3 AND my PC in one shot. Not only that but I feel that 3D is a gimmick at best, which is evidenced by the lack of more 3D capable games coming out.

I'm surprised that so many people have problems with these monitor. I have had mine for 3 months and never had a problem. I don't need a tuner since I have cable and a htpc hooked up to it. I doubt this will every fall to $99 though.

[quote name='oasisboy']1. Why do they have to give back to the publishers for the sale of used games? So you expect amazon.com, best buy and gamestop to give back to publishers? How about car dealerships that sell used cars? Should they give back to Ford, GM and Chrysler? :lol:

8. Yeah, you are so fired up that you are ready to go to the store to buy this bundle because it is a good deal. Makes sense to me. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Sure. GameStop’s used game market poisons the games industry, but there isn’t anything wrong with new games. Good deals on new games and in this case, new 3D displays, why not? Does makes sense.

If you're happy with everything GameStop, then by all means, buy as many used games, and trade in as many things as you like. More power to you.;)

Gamestop.com had some really awesome deals in the past, but imagine how the gamestop.com shopping experience would be if it were like their retail stores. Before you check out, popup: would you like to preorder the next Call of Duty? Close. New popup: would you like to preorder Madden 2014. Close. (Because I’m buying Xenoblade Chronicles) New popup: would you like to preorder The Last Story? Close. New popup: would you like to sign up for powered up rewards? ……. Close. Item arrives… and… it’s a gutted copy. Oh and one more. If there a new release out of stock, there’ll be a popup that says, “You should have preordered.”

[quote name='IzzyF3']
Gamestop.com had some really awesome deals in the past, but imagine how the gamestop.com shopping experience would be if it were like their retail stores. Before you check out, popup: would you like to preorder the next Call of Duty? Close. New popup: would you like to preorder Madden 2014. Close. (Because I’m buying Xenoblade Chronicles) New popup: would you like to preorder The Last Story? Close. New popup: would you like to sign up for powered up rewards? ……. Close. Item arrives… and… it’s a gutted copy. Oh and one more. If there a new release out of stock, there’ll be a popup that says, “You should have preordered.”
[/QUOTE]
:rofl::rofl::rofl::applause::applause::applause:

[customspoiler=LongAssPost][quote name='oasisboy']1. Why do they have to give back to the publishers for the sale of used games? So you expect amazon.com, best buy and gamestop to give back to publishers? How about car dealerships that sell used cars? Should they give back to Ford, GM and Chrysler? :lol:[/quote]
Nope. No one should be forced to give back to anyone for used sales of products, least of all the American taxpayers who bailed out the automakers.:roll: If anything, those mf'ers owe US.:roll:
2.You know that the company needs to make a profit so you have to include shipping costs to the warehouse
Shipping to the used game warehouse only usually applies if the games are mangled beyond belief or the store employees are raping every customer for refurb fees, even on stuff that's immaculate.
the salary of the employees who refurbish the games
Again, see above. If GS employees were told to be more selective in the feces and other indeterminate substance covered, scratched up, disc only shit they took in then those employees would be redundant and no longer necessary.;) Not only that, but I believe that most GS employees usually print up those fetching anime kid covers for the disc only games, so no need to send those out and pay someone else to do that.
plus the costs of benefits for these employees.
Since when do GS employees actually get benefits? I mean, aside from being paid via a cash card that rapes them with fees every time they try to use it.
http://kotaku.com/5153889/getting-paid-at-gamestop-not-as-simple-as-it-should-be
And you know that amazon and best buy have similar TIV, right?
At one point in time, Amazon had values far and above GS and even offered bonus credit. Now they only offer the base value. But right now BB is offering a 100% trade bonus and combined with their 10% bump card and the right games it can't be beat. But yeah, all three places offer shit values otherwise nowadays.:roll:
For the record, I only used to trade in nearly broken stuff when dumping crap consoles on them.;) Kidding. Actually virtually everything I traded to them was mint/complete. So someone got excellent condition copies of many games.
I had to damn near jump the counter the one time to point out where the new/sealed copies of X or Y game were when I kept asking for a new copy of a recently released game. They kept trying to upsell to the pre-owned copies, all of which were disc only less than a week from launch.:shock::roll:
I've had good employees, bad employees and super pushy employees before. Of the three I'd rather have the good & bad employees, but the super pushy(mention 10 different preorders, then whore out the PUR card) ones can eat a dick. I'd rather pre-order with someone who knows I don't put up with the upselling bs and is laid back rather than Mr. I Think I'm Super fuckin' Salesman Of The Year.:roll:
$50? Shit. I'd just rather an actual apology from the employee(s) in question in front of a packed store on a busy night like a Friday or Saturday evening. Embarassing an asshole employee makes me smile more than greasing my palm with a "free" gift card. That free gc basically means I'm giving that dick a free pass to be a jerkoff to someone else in the fuure if it means it'll get him a sale.
I only usually bought from GS when there was an actual deal that I considered decent. Otherwise I avoided them like the plague. But as they say the squeaky wheel gets the most grease, right? Although bitching about a chain on the internet instead of to the proper people within the company to initiate change is kinda futile. But it relieves aggravation some of us feel from the policies of these companies.
8. Yeah, you are so fired up that you are ready to go to the store to buy this bundle because it is a good deal. Makes sense to me. :applause:
Honestly, if this bundle came with 2-3 games AND an extra paid of glasses for it, even I might consider it. It has actually come with at least 3 games at one point too(Motorstorm Apocalypse, Resistance 3 & MLB) and the aforementioned extra glasses. If this display had all of the items mentioned above, I think it might make it a lot more palatable to many more CAG's.

But there still is the issue of the failure rate, which is absolutely ridiculous for a piece of tech that was at one point $500 or more. For that much you kinda expect stuff to LAST. But even at this price I'd expect to get a decent amount of use outta this before having issues. If it was a dud right outta the box, I would be seriously pissed, even if Sony would replace it with no issues. Although they would likely only send out a refurb instead of another new one, which is equally ridiculous to me if it were within the first 6 months of ownership.[/customspoiler]

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The official Sony remote WAS $2.49 at Kmart, but it went outta the system before I could grab one for my PS3.:roll: As for an adapter to hook up a PC, they sell fairly cheap DVI to HDMI adapters online. I actually picked one up(Philips brand no less) about 6 months ago at a discount store up in Syracuse(NY) area for $1.

HDMI to VGA adapters: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...to+vga+adapter&rh=i:aps,k:hdmi+to+vga+adapter

HDMI TO DVI adapters: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...+dvi+adapters&rh=i:aps,k:hdmi+to+dvi+adapters

So really, to me the only thing(besides price) that'd dissuade me from buying one of these is the failure rate. But the price is only holding me back since I bought an HP 2159m monitor(w/ DVI & HDMI) for $20 at a thrift store a while ago and if I want to I could use that for my PS3 AND my PC in one shot. Not only that but I feel that 3D is a gimmick at best, which is evidenced by the lack of more 3D capable games coming out.[/QUOTE]

LOL, i had the same exact hp monitor, which i bought almost 2 yrs ago for $160 + tax. i just recently replace it with a dell from bestbuy with the trade in credit

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']Can this work as a computer monitor if I use a DVI to HDMI adapter? This would be perfect for a monitor.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='paean']Don't see why not.[/QUOTE]

Isn't the 3d monitor like 720P only? Since that is what most PS3 games run at anyhow, no reason for sony to throw in extra pixels/res to go to 1080p.

bread's done
Back