PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Another confirmation. Wow.

Nij3HI6.png

Yep, 1 million is an insane amount of units. Cant believe they hit that mark in ONE freaking day. Are we sure they dont mean shipped?
Sold through = sold to consumers. I think shipped is as good as sold through in this case anyway though seeing as they're pretty much sold out everywhere.

Really interested to see how Xbox compares.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am trading my PS4 and 100 dollars for a day one edition friday, I hope that the Ps4 I have doesnt have issues. I will feel bad for the guy

-_-

Played 2k14 last night. when i played today, all my progress did not save! wtf! Had to reinstall my game in my ps4 main screen to make it work properly. Seems like playing the game while the cd installs itself in the background is clanking. Id probably avoid it if you can and let your game install fully. Just sucks that my player this time around is not as customizable.

Its crazy, I was not expecting the number to be that high. Sony is off to a hell of a start.
They could have sold more if the stock was available. I should get mine on Tues via Lasership. My only concern are the high defect rate based on Amazon reviews. I hope I get a trouble free PS4. :)

For what it is worth, I got a PS4 with Lego Marvel shipped in the same box from Amazon. I wasn't planning on opening the shipment until my birthday in a couple of weeks, but I decided to open it this morning just to make sure everything was ok after reading articles like this. There was bubble packaging on top but none underneath or on the sides of PS4. I video recorded my unboxing and setup incase there were any issues, but everything was fine with my shipment. It all set up perfect and connected to the PSN fine. The update downloaded and installed in maybe two minutes or so? I was also able to download Resogun, Contrast, and Warframe. The three combined downloaded and installed in less than a half an hour. I also set up my remote play on my vita, and everything connected. 

So my shipment from Amazon worked fine. Now, I put it away until my Birthday (or at least thanksgiving.) Somehow, I had the willpower to not actually play any of the games I downloaded. Definitely looking forward to actually using it soon!

Only issue I've had so far from my Amazon unit is NBA 2K14 acting kind of wonky. Takes a while to load, intermittent freezing for 2-3 seconds. Worked fine yesterday...I'm guessing it is disc related though since everything else I've played (COD:G, BF4, KZ, Madden) continue to work fine.

Amazon chat guy told me they couldn't swap NBA 2K14 with a different game and that I would only get somewhere in the neighborhood of $43 back if I cancelled it. He also called me Wilson. My name is not Wilson. lol...
I had much less trouble. I'll get $40 from my return, then they are giving me an extra $20 to "pay" for my replacement game. Also got an email apologizing for the inconvenience and a $10 credit.

For those of you who bought warranties:

1 From Which Store

2. How Much

3. Amount of Time of Warranty

Square trade

3 years but does not include accidental damage. Don't feel I need it because the console will never move once set up

They could have sold more if the stock was available. I should get mine on Tues via Lasership. My only concern are the high defect rate based on Amazon reviews. I hope I get a trouble free PS4. :)
im still amazed that people think even 1000 out of a million is a high defect rate.

im still amazed that people think even 1000 out of a million is a high defect rate.

I agree! People are most likely going to post a bad experience up here. But, the people that have no problems are too busy playing the shit out of the ps4 haha

Finally my system is on the move and is only 35 miles away!  If this thing is a DOA I'm going to punch myself in the face.

Can you use a PS3 controller charging cable with a PS4 controller?
No, but you CAN use a regular smartphone charger! The charger for my nexus 7and galaxy s3 both work fine with the ps4controllers!

IMHO that's great news, which means we won't need to buy charging stations here.

I agree! People are most likely going to post a bad experience up here. But, the people that have no problems are too busy playing the shit out of the ps4 haha
yeah that is how it is with every electronic that launches. You hear so much negative from the people that have problems it makes it seem that its such a widespread problem across the all the units. My PS4 as well as two friends of mine consoles work perfect, no problems. But of course, the positive experiences aren't posted near as much as the fraction of owners that post their bad luck. But hopefully those affected by the small percentage of bad units get replacements/repairs asap from Sony.

For those of you who bought warranties:

1 From Which Store

2. How Much

3. Amount of Time of Warranty
I bought my PS4 at Target so I got my warranty at Target for $39 and two years. I believe it includes pretty much everything (accidental damage, etc) but I have to check. I was told I can also include up to 5 games into the warranty as well.

Are people really so naive as to believe that there is no problem with the console just because Sony said it? It's a profit seeking company, not a "look out for the little guy" non-profit. Unless this blows up in their faces, they'll continue to repeat the tiny defect numbers. Have we forgotten what MS said after it's last launch?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/microsoft-responds-to-watchdog

Microsoft has not revealed details of how many Xbox 360 units have been found faulty, but did state that the return rate is "significantly lower" than the CE industry average of between 3 and 5 per cent.

[quote name="Blaster man" post="11248351" timestamp="1384697425"]
Are people really so naive as to believe that there is no problem with the console just because Sony said it? It's a profit seeking company, not a "look out for the little guy" non-profit. Unless this blows up in their faces, they'll continue to repeat the tiny defect numbers. Have we forgotten what MS said after it's last launch?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/microsoft-responds-to-watchdog[/quote]
Not saying there is no problem. Just saying people are more likely to post negative then positive. Everybody I know that got a PlayStation four from Amazon personally has had no issues. Mine will be here Monday so I might be part of the 4% but I also made sure I bought the warranty.

There is no way the failure rate is below .4% with all the returns going on. My Wal-Mart store has had about 25% of their products (I work there) returned for various issues, all being defective and not because the re-sale value on eBay was low.

Sony is having some issues and is not going to admit to it it looks like right now. I don't blame them, the PS4 is selling very well for a launch console and they probably don't have a firm grasp of what's going on yet.

Also people really need to keep in mind the system hasn't even been out a week yet. Once the system has been out for a few months we can gauge how many faulty units are in the wild. RROD didn't exactly take the internet by storm over night. It was a few months.

And yes, MS didn't admit to it right away either. Sony will probably lay low for awhile.

Not saying there is no problem. Just saying people are more likely to post negative then positive. Everybody I know that got a PlayStation four from Amazon personally has had no issues. Mine will be here Monday so I might be part of the 4% but I also made sure I bought the warranty.
Just ignore him. He knew exactly what you meant by your comment he just chose to ignore the meaning behind it so he could post a link he has been saving for awhile.

There is clearly an issue going on because I have a real life friend who has a blue light of death console but you hit the nail on the head with your comment that happy people aren't going to complain. The only time I ever post a review on Amazon is when I get a product and the quality of it makes me angry.

Hey, do you guys think $100 for the PS3 is a good deal now that I have the PS4?  Can't think of any last gen exclusives that I want since I got Ratchet & Clank already.  Anything coming up in 2014 that is worth it?

Sony is claiming .4 percent, not 4 percent. In other words, they're saying 4 tenths of a percent and that claim was made early on Friday before they could have possibly known.

Trust me, I'm sure that some of the reviews are bullshit. You can read through them and in some people even admit that they don't own the console. Lots of others seem legit and many even show that they bought them from Amazon. I really doubt the defect rate is 40-50% but I'm sure it's not .4% which is absolutely ludicrous.

There is no way the failure rate is below .4% with all the returns going on. My Wal-Mart store has had about 25% of their products (I work there) returned for various issues, all being defective and not because the re-sale value on eBay was low.

Sony is having some issues and is not going to admit to it it looks like right now. I don't blame them, the PS4 is selling very well for a launch console and they probably don't have a firm grasp of what's going on yet.

Also people really need to keep in mind the system hasn't even been out a week yet. Once the system has been out for a few months we can gauge how many faulty units are in the wild. RROD didn't exactly take the internet by storm over night. It was a few months.

And yes, MS didn't admit to it right away either. Sony will probably lay low for awhile.
I agree with this. Plus if consoles are bricking out of the box or dying after an hour or two of gameplay, that leads me to believe that tons of them will die in the next few months. This seems like a manufacturing defect that should have been caught. Speaking of which, you'd think these guys would have powered the consoles on before boxing them up.

If it's that high for a single store, there could have been some bad batches sent out or possibly damaged during transit.

Plus, I've said this before, but all the negative feedback is likely amplified by fanboys just as much as it is downplayed by Sony's PR. The fact that the Taco Bell winner got a bad system though was a huge black eye for Sony though. The actual defect rate is probably somewhere in between.

Either way, I'm almost ready to return my system. Killzone enough isn't enough to justify keeping it.

I'm happy with my PS4, but see no reason to comment.  Frankly, I'm SURE there is something going on and I don't think it'll be a smoking gun in all instances.

I bought my Warranty through the PSN.  $60/3yrs including accidental  (I have kids who play this puppy)

Some of the trades I saw (like the one I posted about yesterday) were EASILY user error.  And because people are TERRIFIED that they'll have a DOA PS4, they immediately go "aw, shucks, DOA" when something isn't quite right.  All in all a good launch.

I'm waiting for my bonus check to hit before I snatch up my XB1.  It'll also give me some time to evaluate the launch titles.

Haven't even had time to touch Resogun/Contrast yet.  Been playing NFS: Rivals and just booted up ACIV lastnight (still sore I couldn't import my PS3 save).  Next week is Adventure Time and the new Zelda game.  Then starts Christmas season where I avoid anywhere physical like the plague.  :)

i hate to bring this up again, because i know some of the ps4 are faulty, but this guy is why im saying you cant pay attention to the reviews on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A1KUBJU8HI0RXQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_auth_rev?ie=UTF8&sort_by=MostRecentReview

for anyone that doesnt want to go to the link, 5 1 star reviews, all saying the exact same thing. he basically went to every bundle amazon has a wrote a 1 star review and even included delayed games AND states to get an xbox one because it works perfectly.

5 more with multiple 1 star reviews

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A1PUHIXD9OIXMA/ref=cm_cr_pr_auth_rev?ie=UTF8&sort_by=MostRecentReview

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A37OHBK1JE9XCB/ref=cm_cr_pr_auth_rev?ie=UTF8&sort_by=MostRecentReview

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A226Z1ZR1BUKB7/ref=cm_cr_pr_auth_rev?ie=UTF8&sort_by=MostRecentReview

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A3E9Y6IBUXV41U/ref=cm_cr_pr_auth_rev?ie=UTF8&sort_by=MostRecentReview

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A1LYFBCTKHAKC4/ref=cm_cr_pr_auth_rev?ie=UTF8&sort_by=MostRecentReview

The only reviews that you can trust are from "Verified purchase" from amazon.

There are still quite a few of those that report DOA system that are verified. But I don't see anything to suggest a larger than 1% are DOA that would be 10,000 out of 1 million. Sony claiming 0.4% seems accurate until we get more info 0.4 or 1% is still a low rate of failure.

And 1 million sold in 24hrs?? That is crazy.

The only reviews that you can trust are from "Verified purchase" from amazon.
Not really because when you post a review on Amazon you are given the option of indicating whether you bought it from Amazon or not. I always indicate that I purchased from Amazon because I want to.

Is the feature where you can charge your controller while the PS4 is off one of the one's that got delayed? I know I can just plug it into my adapter in the wall and charge it that way since it's micro USB.

Also, I'm ordering Need for Speed and Lego Marvel (it sucks because both are out of stock on Amazon, says it'll notify me when they're available) and wondering what you guys think of those 2 games?

Is the feature where you can charge your controller while the PS4 is off one of the one's that got delayed? I know I can just plug it into my adapter in the wall and charge it that way since it's micro USB.

Also, I'm ordering Need for Speed and Lego Marvel (it sucks because both are out of stock on Amazon, says it'll notify me when they're available) and wondering what you guys think of those 2 games?
I rate Need for Speed Rivals a 8.2/10 in my personal experience.

Wow, I didn't even realize that the system wasn't launching in Japan until February 22nd. That seems really weird.

I'm pretty sure you put it into standby mode for it to do that.

How'd you come up with the .2? I've heard a lot of great things about the game surprisingly.
I've been reviewing games awhile and split the values down further, down to .s.

I was expecting a good racing game and it delivers and has good graphics, but it has yet to prove to me it's a great racing game. I prefer Forza. That doesn't mean you have a better option right now for PS4 though, as far as racing games go.

Errmmm my PS4 won't come up from standby this morning... it started, went to safe mode, and I haven't gotten it back since...

Edit:  A couple of times in, it says "The PS4 was not shut down correctly" even though IT SHUT ITSELF DOWN... hrmmm... this is discouraging.

Edit 2:  Apparently I was in the Blue Light of Death loop.  That sucked.  :whistle2:(  I have to wonder if this isn't somehow software related though.  I love how all the T/Sing asks about your outlet or TV... MF'r this was working for 2 days.. now it isn't.  Obviously not the hardware on MY end.

I usually hear my system quite often. It mostly happens when I'm installing or downloading something, or just starting a game up. After that it goes quite. I assume it's just how the HDD is since my computers is the same way.

I've been reviewing games awhile and split the values down further, down to .s.

I was expecting a good racing game and it delivers and has good graphics, but it has yet to prove to me it's a great racing game. I prefer Forza. That doesn't mean you have a better option right now for PS4 though, as far as racing games go.
How do you compare a SIM game to an arcade game?

bread's done
Back