PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

I'm torn if I should preorder one right now. Kind of hoping for a bundle with a vita or vita and the new move. Either way, I won't be paying much at BB. Been banking my points since I became silver and have $380 in RZ certs.

PS move is built into the controller. All you need is the new PS eye
Thanks for the slight correction. I'm still hoping the rumored other SKUs are some kind of bundle since they are pushing the vita hard for the PS4.

I'm torn if I should preorder one right now. Kind of hoping for a bundle with a vita or vita and the new move. Either way, I won't be paying much at BB. Been banking my points since I became silver and have $380 in RZ certs.

Thanks for the slight correction. I'm still hoping the rumored other SKUs are some kind of bundle since they are pushing the vita hard for the PS4.
I'm pretty surprised that they didn't mention that all PS4 games will stream to Vita. Also I'm disappointed in how few games they showed for the Vita.

Pre-ordered mine at gamestop in the nearby mall.

They didn't say I had to pre order a game or accesorie, though maybe its because I went ahead and pre-ordered knack and another dualshock 4. 

I asked and they told me they are getting 40, and only have 8 Xbones in comparison. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Being Silver, I know I should pre-order at BBY. But I don't have the $ to pay in full right now. So I went to GS and used my $100 credit I had.

It says right here on Best Buy Unboxed, Best Buy's Official Forums, that preorders are available online (as we know) AND IN STORE!

I am going right now to my Best Buy to preorder, I will let you know in about 40 minutes how it went.

Here is a link, it is on the front page, at the top, and not some forum post!

http://forums.bestbuy.com/

I'm pretty surprised that they didn't mention that all PS4 games will stream to Vita. Also I'm disappointed in how few games they showed for the Vita.

They have already mentioned it, at the February Reveal, and even touched on it last night. Streaming to the Vita is built into the PS4 architecture, it works out of the box, developers do not have to "enable" it or code it themselves.

They stated at the Reveal the only restriction was for games that use the PlaystationEye Camera, those games will not stream to the Vita.

Oddly enough, they told me they only had a limited amount Dualshock4s to pre order, less than the ps4s they will have even. Anyone else hear this?

As promised only a few minutes ago ( l live about 1/4 of a mile from Best Buy) I just returned from Best Buy. 

I was very easily able to preorder the PS4.  I simply went to the Customer Service Counter, said "I want to preorder the PlayStation 4"  The guy was like "Ok!"  He got on his headset and asked someone "What is the SKU for the Playstation 4"  And he typed in the number they told him.

It is a minimum of $25 to preorder the PS4.  You can pay whatever you want down, as long as it is at least $25.  I also asked if I could make "payments" on it, meaning, could I come in and continue to pay down my balance, they said you cannot do that.  They used to allow that, but not anymore.

You pay what you want to preorder it, as long as it is at least $25, then you have to pay the rest when you pick it up. 

Also, two of my former students (I teach 6th Grade) were there to return a broken Dual Shock Controller.  When they heard what I was doing, one of them did the exact same thing.  As the word of mouth spreads, the PS4 is going to start selling like hotcakes.  I would get your order in very soon!

does any one know if i can get store credit for returning my ps3 if its under warranty from gamestop? would love to pre-order ps4 with that store credit.

Question about newegg pre orders....  has anyone figured out how you add a extented warranty?   Im for sure not buying one of these systems without a 3 year warranty.

does any one know if i can get store credit for returning my ps3 if its under warranty from gamestop? would love to pre-order ps4 with that store credit.
You can trade it in for store credit, but you cannot just flat return it for what you paid (unless you bought it used within the last 7 days).

As promised only a few minutes ago ( l live about 1/4 of a mile from Best Buy) I just returned from Best Buy.

I was very easily able to preorder the PS4. I simply went to the Customer Service Counter, said "I want to preorder the PlayStation 4" The guy was like "Ok!" He got on his headset and asked someone "What is the SKU for the Playstation 4" And he typed in the number they told him.

It is a minimum of $25 to preorder the PS4. You can pay whatever you want down, as long as it is at least $25. I also asked if I could make "payments" on it, meaning, could I come in and continue to pay down my balance, they said you cannot do that. They used to allow that, but not anymore.

You pay what you want to preorder it, as long as it is at least $25, then you have to pay the rest when you pick it up.

Also, two of my former students (I teach 6th Grade) were there to return a broken Dual Shock Controller. When they heard what I was doing, one of them did the exact same thing. As the word of mouth spreads, the PS4 is going to start selling like hotcakes. I would get your order in very soon!
Hey, nice to see another teacher on the boards...I'm also a middle school teacher.

Anyway, preordered one through Amazon and then was hollered at by my wife because she did the same thing. ;)

Also, if anyone is keeping count, mainly 360 gamer this gen making the switch to blue.

Oddly enough, they told me they only had a limited amount Dualshock4s to pre order, less than the ps4s they will have even. Anyone else hear this?

That's not unsurprising. Attach rates for accessories for electronics hardware for is around 30-40%, so a logical production projection would be around that mark. Controllers probably have a slightly higher attach rate at around 60% - but that's conjecture on my part, the other number is not conjecture but I can't quote my sources without raising problems.

Just pre-ordered at my local GameStop. They did mention that I should reserve a DualShock 4 since supplies would be limited. I skipped over it considering I have one on reserved from Amazon.

PS4 pre-ordered at Amazon are release date delivery if you select two day shipping, free if you are a prime member. So I went that route.

I cannot believe the PS4 looks so damn much like the Xbox One. They've even had a few weeks to scramble and change the design (which means they chose to stick with the similar looking console or just added a slant and figured it as good enough).

Oy vey
The PS4 isn't looking like the Xb1...its design is clearly modeled after the PS2. It seems like they are aiming strongly at rekindling the PS2 success.

On an unrelated note, I'm thrilled by the idea of having Drive Club and a few indie games free on day 1 thanks to PS+. I was actually really looking forward to that spaghetti western game.

I can wait for the Amazon free shipping, I waited this long, couple of days is nothing. 

I wish those who are eager for day 1 pick up won't be screwed, especially by BBY.

If it was up to me I'd be trading in both my 360 and PS3 in the near future, my backlog is almost clear and there's not a ton of current gen stuff I'm buying. The wife wants to keep the 360 because there are games she really wants to keep (Skyrim, Mass Effect Arkham City etc). PS3 will probably go because after a time there will be nothing for it.

If it was up to me I'd be trading in both my 360 and PS3 in the near future, my backlog is almost clear and there's not a ton of current gen stuff I'm buying. The wife wants to keep the 360 because there are games she really wants to keep (Skyrim, Mass Effect Arkham City etc). PS3 will probably go because after a time there will be nothing for it.
See, I don't want to get rid of my PS3 because I may go back to playing some games in the future. More likely than not, my PS3 will get "boxed" up instead of my PS2 since I can play PS1 and 2 on it and my PS2 backlog is crazy big. If the PS4 had straight up BC I would drop my PS3 in an instant but instead I'm actually looking to buy a new HDD for my PS3 instead.

I really am interested to see what the instant library cloud service will be like. Persona 4 streaming? I'm there.

I did the Amazon pre-order with the fast shipping but if Gamestop still has openings I might hit them up on Friday (payday), cause I'm poor till then.  

It should state in every pre-order thread that you are not charged until shipped for Amazon pre-orders. I've seen tons of people asking.

You guys think pre-orders for the PS4 will still be available at Best Buy this Friday. That's the earliest I can make it to the one close by me.

I was very easily able to preorder the PS4. I simply went to the Customer Service Counter, said "I want to preorder the PlayStation 4" The guy was like "Ok!" He got on his headset and asked someone "What is the SKU for the Playstation 4" And he typed in the number they told him.

It is a minimum of $25 to preorder the PS4. You can pay whatever you want down, as long as it is at least $25. I also asked if I could make "payments" on it, meaning, could I come in and continue to pay down my balance, they said you cannot do that. They used to allow that, but not anymore.

Also, two of my former students (I teach 6th Grade) were there to return a broken Dual Shock Controller. When they heard what I was doing, one of them did the exact same thing. As the word of mouth spreads, the PS4 is going to start selling like hotcakes. I would get your order in very soon!
Hey, nice to see another teacher on the boards...I'm also a middle school teacher.

Anyway, preordered one through Amazon and then was hollered at by my wife because she did the same thing. ;)

Also, if anyone is keeping count, mainly 360 gamer this gen making the switch to blue.

Woohoo, yep, awesome! Enjoy your Summer off!

Also, you can add me up if you have a PS3 My ID is Filth-Flannigan

It seems Amazon has this listed as launch and standard editions.  I preordered right after E3 and chose release day delivery, but when I click the link in my order it takes me to standard  (not guaranteed) edition.  Am I freaking out over nothing?

What extras do you get with launch edition?
From the Amazon page:

[SIZE=.82em]The standard version of the PlayStation 4 is identical to the Launch Edition. Due to high demand, we cannot guarantee Release-Date Delivery on the standard version of the PlayStation 4. We will deliver the standard version of PlayStation 4 as close to its release date as possible. [/SIZE]

"[SIZE=.82em]Product Alert[/SIZE]
The standard version of the PlayStation 4 is identical to the Launch Edition. Due to high demand, we cannot guarantee Release-Date Delivery on the standard version of the PlayStation 4. We will deliver the standard version of PlayStation 4 as close to its release date as possible. "

[SIZE=.82em]Not really surprising. [/SIZE]

So if the yellow tab saying I purchased this shows up on the Launch Edition, that means that is the one I got. I ordered in February when it came up for 5 minutes for $1000. They still haven't updated the price or the name on it, but it seems to be tied to the PS4. I wish there was more clarity on this. 

I cheaped out and went with Super Saver. It saves me like $30 I believe. I'll wait.

What extras do you get with launch edition?
From the Amazon page:
The standard version of the PlayStation 4 is identical to the Launch Edition. Due to high demand, we cannot guarantee Release-Date Delivery on the standard version of the PlayStation 4. We will deliver the standard version of PlayStation 4 as close to its release date as possible.
Thanks for posting. I'm on mobile an didn't see that info.

Pretty sure standard vs launch just means they sold out of their allotment, and they are taking pre-orders for their next shipment (standard). I'm hoping mine ships out before launch day so i can switch my $100 credit on my backup GS preorder towards a camera and a game.

I thought I've read if you change payment method on Amazon it will cancel out your order, but if I change my address will it do anything to my order?

bread's done
Back