PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

I thought I've read if you change payment method on Amazon it will cancel out your order, but if I change my address will it do anything to my order?
Im going to have to change my expiration date on my credit card since the one I put on there expires in Aug. Will that cancel my order? Plan being was to get in on preorder with credit card and buy $50 amazon gift cards monthly to put dents in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just pre-ordered at GameStop.  I was the third person to pre-order a PS4.  Traded in my 3DS XL and 7 games and got $301.  Pretty happy that I won't have to pay much in the end.

So definitely swtitching to Sony this gen, but not sure if I want to pre-order it yet. I have no clue if I'll have the money to get it when it comes out for one thing, but if I did I'd still be playing my Xbox 360 because I'd only have one game for the PS4 :p

I wish they had some sort of incentive for pre-ordering, like a month of PS Plus or some extras like the Xbox One has. If they did then I'd be more inclined to pre-order it and just figure out the money issue when it comes up.

DAMN. I didn't think about that. :/ I ordered it on amazon less than two minutes after the page came up, but I forgot my card expires next month. I'm going to need to update it. Is that going to reset my order position...? I REALLY hope not...

I thought I've read if you change payment method on Amazon it will cancel out your order, but if I change my address will it do anything to my order?
Im going to have to change my expiration date on my credit card since the one I put on there expires in Aug. Will that cancel my order? Plan being was to get in on preorder with credit card and buy $50 amazon gift cards monthly to put dents in it.
Crap. I need to do this as well. Mine expires next month.

hear thier was 2 version made me little worried so i checked just click luanch edtion should see something like me

Instant Order Update for . You purchased this item on June 10, 2013. view this order

lmao at those that put money down (without credit at other locations) and didn't just do Amazon... I preordered both, no charge till ship (not sure if I'll keep Xbox One).  I guess it's an easier call as a Prime Member, but I'd assume anyone else who isn't Prime and ordered the launch will get it on launch.  And if you don't complain and you'll probably get a sweet kickback.  Amazon is the best.

Crap. I need to do this as well. Mine expires next month.
Im guessing it won't but I emailed them regardless. I would think that as long as its updated before they charge you when it ships it will be ok since its the same card

Preordered my PS4 from Gamestop.  Price is too good to resist.  I mean it costs $100 less than a 16 GB iPad 4, of all things.

It seems Amazon has this listed as launch and standard editions. I preordered right after E3 and chose release day delivery, but when I click the link in my order it takes me to standard (not guaranteed) edition. Am I freaking out over nothing?
I'm wondering the same thing. My preorder just says playstation 4 and I pre ordered about 10 minutes after it went up. When I click on it it defaults to the standard edition.

It seems Amazon has this listed as launch and standard editions. I preordered right after E3 and chose release day delivery, but when I click the link in my order it takes me to standard (not guaranteed) edition. Am I freaking out over nothing?
I'm wondering the same thing. My preorder just says playstation 4 and I pre ordered about 10 minutes after it went up. When I click on it it defaults to the standard edition.
It will say "instant order update: you purchased this item on this date" under the edition that you're getting.

As promised only a few minutes ago ( l live about 1/4 of a mile from Best Buy) I just returned from Best Buy.

I was very easily able to preorder the PS4. I simply went to the Customer Service Counter, said "I want to preorder the PlayStation 4" The guy was like "Ok!" He got on his headset and asked someone "What is the SKU for the Playstation 4" And he typed in the number they told him.

It is a minimum of $25 to preorder the PS4. You can pay whatever you want down, as long as it is at least $25. I also asked if I could make "payments" on it, meaning, could I come in and continue to pay down my balance, they said you cannot do that. They used to allow that, but not anymore.

You pay what you want to preorder it, as long as it is at least $25, then you have to pay the rest when you pick it up.

Also, two of my former students (I teach 6th Grade) were there to return a broken Dual Shock Controller. When they heard what I was doing, one of them did the exact same thing. As the word of mouth spreads, the PS4 is going to start selling like hotcakes. I would get your order in very soon!
Hey, nice to see another teacher on the boards...I'm also a middle school teacher.

Anyway, preordered one through Amazon and then was hollered at by my wife because she did the same thing. ;)

Also, if anyone is keeping count, mainly 360 gamer this gen making the switch to blue.

As promised only a few minutes ago ( l live about 1/4 of a mile from Best Buy) I just returned from Best Buy.

I was very easily able to preorder the PS4. I simply went to the Customer Service Counter, said "I want to preorder the PlayStation 4" The guy was like "Ok!" He got on his headset and asked someone "What is the SKU for the Playstation 4" And he typed in the number they told him.

It is a minimum of $25 to preorder the PS4. You can pay whatever you want down, as long as it is at least $25. I also asked if I could make "payments" on it, meaning, could I come in and continue to pay down my balance, they said you cannot do that. They used to allow that, but not anymore.

You pay what you want to preorder it, as long as it is at least $25, then you have to pay the rest when you pick it up.

Also, two of my former students (I teach 6th Grade) were there to return a broken Dual Shock Controller. When they heard what I was doing, one of them did the exact same thing. As the word of mouth spreads, the PS4 is going to start selling like hotcakes. I would get your order in very soon!
Hey, nice to see another teacher on the boards...I'm also a middle school teacher.

Anyway, preordered one through Amazon and then was hollered at by my wife because she did the same thing. ;)

Also, if anyone is keeping count, mainly 360 gamer this gen making the switch to blue.
Make that a third teacher! 8 days left!

hear thier was 2 version made me little worried so i checked just click luanch edtion should see something like me

Instant Order Update for . You purchased this item on June 10, 2013. view this order
I got this too, thanks for saving me worries!

Of course it may be moot since I also will have to change my CC in August...

where do you see if the ps4 you ordered is the launch edition or not??

I preordered yesterday first time it was available.
Very simple. Just go to the PS4 on amazon's page after you have logged in. Whichever version you are preordered for there will be a notification that you have an order already placed for the item.

I also preordered the minute it became available before there were different versions and i'm set for a launch edition. Looking forward to playing around with it and downloading the free indie games.

I still can't believe that we're paying less for a next gen console than a 16gb ipad. Sony rocks.

what should your amazon order say mine  says

Playstation  4  launch  edition

what is the difference?

or does it mean.. launch  = first shipment  

normal  =   2nd shipment??

I had to pay $100 for the preorder, which is a bit steep.  But at least I know I can pay for the system little-by-little, and just pick it up at launch.

"Launch edition" on Amazon just means that they guarantee delivery on the release date. Regular edition means that you might not get it until later if they run out of stock.

Mine doesn't say standard edition or launch edition. It just says Playstation 4. I pre-ordered within a minute or two from it going live.

I have a preorder in on the Launch Edition from Amazon and then I put in a BB.com order for in store pickup. I would rather be able to go to BB and pick it up myself even if that means I have to pay tax.... but I just do not trust Best Buy.

Mine doesn't say standard edition or launch edition. It just says Playstation 4. I pre-ordered within a minute or two from it going live.
If you go to the ps4 page and click the launch edition, at the top of the page it should say you ordered this item on June 10th 2013.

Not sure if its already been mentioned. (To lazy to read all the pages today) but for those looking to pre order in store. GameStop minimum down is $100 to reserve and Best Buy was $25.

What's the difference between Launch Edition and Standard? Sorry if this has been answered already.

Edit: Nevermind; I saw the answer. Launch is guaranteed delivery on launch day. Thanks!

After all my LE PS3s, I decided to just wait for a LE PS4 since it is region free.

Was this >< close to preordering launch tho... was on the page with preorder button, click on the camera link to check it out, went back and click preorder and was sold out. Just have to resist the urge to get it day 1 now :)

Crap. Well mine doesn't say "Launch edition". I'm willing to wait for it to ship super saver but if I have to wait til they get another shipment or something that may make me cancel it as well.

Wait, I chose Free Super Saver Shipping,

are the Launch Editions upgraded to release date delivery or something? Or it just means you are guaranteed a shipment?

My order does not say launch edition, but I ordered it minutes after it being put up and I have PRIME. :fridge:
Check your order confirmation email. Click on the Playstation 4 link from the email. Look at the address bar in your browser. If it has B00BGA9WK2 after /dp/, then it is a launch edition. The standard edition is B00CMQTVQO.

My order does not say launch edition, but I ordered it minutes after it being put up and I have PRIME. :fridge:
Check your order confirmation email. Click on the Playstation 4 link from the email. Look at the address bar in your browser. If it has B00BGA9WK2 after /dp/, than it is a launch edition. The standard edition is B00CMQTVQO.
Cool, looks like i did get a launch edition. ordered at 3:30 am this morning.

So many places to preorder dont know who to choose, newegg has no tax, amazon is reliable and bestbuy has rewards points for purchases, anyone got any ideas???

bread's done
Back