PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

God dammit I ordered one on Feb 22nd when they were available for a short time and it's not showing which edition it is and still shows my order total as $1,000 (was a place holder price). Ordered one yesterday though also and it shows as launch edition for the proper price. Both orders show the B00BGA9WK2 in the address bar though so hopefully I'm ok with both orders.

Guess I'm making a 3rd order until they update my Feb 22nd order. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So many places to preorder dont know who to choose, newegg has no tax, amazon is reliable and bestbuy has rewards points for purchases, anyone got any ideas???
I don't see how 'Reward Points' > 'No Tax'...Maybe it's only me but earning 1% in Reward Points > paying 6% sales tax

There's no difference between the two editions except that the "Launch Edition" will arrive on release date.

"[SIZE=.82em]Product Alert[/SIZE]
The standard version of the PlayStation 4 is identical to the Launch Edition. Due to high demand, we cannot guarantee Release-Date Delivery on the standard version of the PlayStation 4. We will deliver the standard version of PlayStation 4 as close to its release date as possible. "

There's no difference between the two editions except that the "Launch Edition" will arrive on release date.

"[SIZE=.82em]Product Alert[/SIZE]
The standard version of the PlayStation 4 is identical to the Launch Edition. Due to high demand, we cannot guarantee Release-Date Delivery on the standard version of the PlayStation 4. We will deliver the standard version of PlayStation 4 as close to its release date as possible. "
Standard version = waiting list. Amazon has no eta for it hence why release date delivery is not guranteed, it could mean fulfillment a few days or weeks after launch.

My launch edition doesn't say Release Date Delivery, but I did order it within a minute of it going live - so I guess it'll sort itself out like game orders do.

* A little help!*

I've decided I wanna trade in my Wii U and preorder a PS4. The PS3 has always been my main console this gen, and I love Nintendo games, but after seeing their "conference" I have no faith in Nintendo anymore, at least for now. I'll just wait till they have those big games and buy one again. It's just been gathering dust for the past like 6 months. $350 dollars just sitting there.

I already have a year of plus left until like next May thanks to the extra 3 month special they had, so I'm all set once the PS4 launches.

So does anyone know where's the best place to trade in my Wii U? I want to preorder the PS4 at Best Buy, because my friends preordered from there and I have a good experience with them. But I don't see any trade bonuses. Are there better places, should I just trade it in now, or should I wait for an offer?

I'm confused!

My order does not say launch edition, but I ordered it minutes after it being put up and I have PRIME. :fridge:
Check your order confirmation email. Click on the Playstation 4 link from the email. Look at the address bar in your browser. If it has B00BGA9WK2 after /dp/, then it is a launch edition. The standard edition is B00CMQTVQO.
Woot that means I have launch. Sweet.

* A little help!*

I've decided I wanna trade in my Wii U and preorder a PS4. The PS3 has always been my main console this gen, and I love Nintendo games, but after seeing their "conference" I have no faith in Nintendo anymore, at least for now. I'll just wait till they have those big games and buy one again. It's just been gathering dust for the past like 6 months. $350 dollars just sitting there.

I already have a year of plus left until like next May thanks to the extra 3 month special they had, so I'm all set once the PS4 launches.

So does anyone know where's the best place to trade in my Wii U? I want to preorder the PS4 at Best Buy, because my friends preordered from there and I have a good experience with them. But I don't see any trade bonuses. Are there better places, should I just trade it in now, or should I wait for an offer?

I'm confused!
I would pay off something now and wait for a trade-in offer. I know gamestop usually offers something like a $50 bonus on trade-ins of a system towards another system but that's usually much closer to launch.

So for Best Buy, can you pre-order then later change payment methods?  For example, I preorder with a credit card online but later want to add 3 gift cards. Is that possible or do I have to cancel and re-order?

where do you see if the ps4 you ordered is the launch edition or not??

I preordered yesterday first time it was available.
Very simple. Just go to the PS4 on amazon's page after you have logged in. Whichever version you are preordered for there will be a notification that you have an order already placed for the item.

I also preordered the minute it became available before there were different versions and i'm set for a launch edition. Looking forward to playing around with it and downloading the free indie games.

I still can't believe that we're paying less for a next gen console than a 16gb ipad. Sony rocks.

Thanks. Got worried a bit.

My PS4 doesn't say launch edition on my Amazon order but when I go to the PS4 page, it shows that I ordered the launch edition so I guess I'm good for now. My X1 does say day one edition though.

Don't really care for the X1 but if I like it I'll keep it. If no games are coming for it than I'll just sell it.

[SIZE=.82em]The standard version of the PlayStation 4 is identical to the Launch Edition[/SIZE]

[SIZE=.82em]Just if you managed to get your preorders in when it was first put up you'll get it on release day.[/SIZE]

My Ps4 amazon pre-order is a launch one so ill get one for sure form there but I got in 2nd at my Gamestop for a ps4 so i know ill get one there.

I don't really want to release the Amazon order though INCASE something happens.

I guess worse comes to worse I can either cancel it or sell it for cost to someone here that didnt get in on it.

New to console pre-orders on Amazon. So, if I place a preorder for a PS4, do I get charged anything now? Is a hold placed? Any input is appreciated, thanks.

I preordered with a debit card, if that makes a difference.
They dont charge you until the pre order is released.

I pre-ordered mine once that email dropped. pre ordered a controller, Watch Dogs, and FIFA 14. prolly get that camera too

Whats in this Amazon Launch Edition? 

Also, does Best Buy have any bundles or only the console? 

Does it come with anything from Best Buy??? Is it a launch Edition?

My store looked pretty dead when I ordered, so I'd have to be in the first few, especially since I got there right after opening.

My Amazon order also is a launch version as well, guess I'll keep it incase a relative or friend wants to buy it around launch.

Too bad the launch edition doesn't come with anything extra like the XBone day one edition does (not that those extras are really great or anything). But oh well, guaranteed release day delivery? That's all that's really important to me.

Is there a way to check launch edition/standard edition for best buy and gamestop as well?

Outside of Amazon there's no such thing as a "launch edition" because that's their internal way of tracking first run unit sales. As for other stores doing this, I think that if you order in-store at Gamestop they can tell you what place you are in line at that store.

Too bad the launch edition doesn't come with anything extra like the XBone day one edition does (not that those extras are really great or anything). But oh well, guaranteed release day delivery? That's all that's really important to me.
At this point, It wouldnt surprise me if Sony throughs something in for launch consoles.

Late to the party so I got on the Amazon "waiting list". Thinking about pre-ordering one from Best Buy as well. Do they charge you at the time of the order? Checked the last few pages and didn't see anybody mention it.

So which online store provides the best "Extended Warranty"?

I want one that Extends and starts "after" the manufacture warranty ends, unless there are better ones that you guys suggest. Want to buy one since this is a lunch console and all.

Wish they got bundles for game and PS eye though.

I preordered like literally 10-15 mins after the price dropped at the press conference on Amazon. Also preordered Watch Dogs.

Gonna defiantly keep the PS4 preorder, no way in hell I am buying a Xbox One and well since Kingdom Hearts 3 and FF XV have no chance in hell coming out to PC, yeah I need the PS4.

The launch edition is just Amazon's way of saying you will get it on release day for sure, the standard edition is them saying you're on a waiting list because they have to order extra, and so you might not get it on release day.

Best Buy doesn't have any bundles and there is nothing extra with it.

Sony hasn't announced any special bundles or special pre-order editions. Any bundles/launch editions being promoted in-store/online are just that specific retailers bundle, and not someone Sony decided to do.

Like GameStop has some "bundles" where when you pre-order you can just pre-order the console, or you can pre-order the console and launch game/extra controller, and this shows up as a special bundle on the website.

I pre-ordered on Amazon the moment it went up. Also pre-ordered Killzone. This is going to be my first time buying a console at launch.  :whee:

I too would like to know if the people who pre ordered at best buy got charged right away or not. Getting ready to submit my pre order

You can check which version you have preordered by running an order history report in amazon.

Sign on and click your account

Then click download order reports

Fill in the info and click request report

You can check which version you have preordered by running an order history report in amazon.

Sign on and click your account

Then click download order reports

Fill in the info and click request report
Or easier to just go to the item page and select launch edition, and it will show that you purchased this item on whatever date at the top.

Hmm...Mine says launch edition but I don't remember an option for Release Date delivery, I do have Prime.  I literally was on the PS4 preorder page near end of conference and had to refresh till the preorder button popped so I was right there.  My current order status page says amazon prime two day shipping but doesn't mention release date delivery, are these still going to be delivered on release date?

Confirmed I have a launch edition at Amazon.  Also got my pre-order in at GS this morning.  Now I just need to decide which pre-order to keep.  GS will probably be a midnight launch but will cost tax.  Hopefully Amazon will detail just how they plan to get systems out because if they ship early to make sure they're here by launch, always a possibility of getting it early. ;)

Confirmed I have a launch edition at Amazon. Also got my pre-order in at GS this morning. Now I just need to decide which pre-order to keep. GS will probably be a midnight launch but will cost tax. Hopefully Amazon will detail just how they plan to get systems out because if they ship early to make sure they're here by launch, always a possibility of getting it early. ;)
I would definitely save the $40 tax if I were you. Waiting a few days is nothing.

bread's done
Back