PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

I placed my order on Amazon right after the conference ended. So once I read about "Standard" and "Launch", I decided to email their support. The order page itself does not specify.....if I click "launch" it says that I ordered this item on June 10th. Amazon customer support emails me back and says they show I have "standard".

Time to call Gamestop?
Same situation (but I haven't called CS). I'd say we're golden because we ordered before amazon even started distinguishing between the two.

Pre ordered at my Gamestop yesterday along with a controller, Knack, and Watch Dogs. I was number 6 in system pre-orders so hopefully they get at least six systems at launch! 

I placed my order on Amazon right after the conference ended. So once I read about "Standard" and "Launch", I decided to email their support. The order page itself does not specify.....if I click "launch" it says that I ordered this item on June 10th. Amazon customer support emails me back and says they show I have "standard".

Time to call Gamestop?
My order still doesn't mention anything about the launch edition even though, like you, I placed it right after the conference ended. I just contacted CS by chat and they confirmed that my order is indeed the launch edition. So Im pretty sure you got the launch edition as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just checked on my reward zone online account and it says "DUMMY 2" on the description for the pre-order. Anyone else that pre-ordered from Best Buy see this? I put down $25 yesterday and just want to make sure there is no confusion.

Who would be the best retailer to order from Online or in Store right now? And do they have me pay for the system now, or when it ships/at store? And will I get it day one?

Just a heads up, the guy at gamestop told me they are getting more Ps4's than controllers. I had already preordered my controller and then he told me this. I don't know what games will be coop at launch, but you can always cancel the controller preorder. 

Did my Pre-order this morning. Hopefully, this one will be a midnight release unlike the Wii U. I do wonder why they bumped the pre-order amount up from the standard $50 for systems to $100 though. Oh well, I got one in at least and maybe the extra $50 now required to pre-order holds some people back! Hopefully I'm able to get it launch day!

Anybody think there is a better chance of getting it at launch if you order through the Sony Store?
As far as I know, if you live by one PRE ORDER THERE. They typically get far less preorders, but more in stock. If you order there now, you are garrenteed one I'm sure.
A sony store would be my first choice, but I live 70 miles from one. :/

Who would be the best retailer to order from Online or in Store right now? And do they have me pay for the system now, or when it ships/at store? And will I get it day one?
no matter what retailer, you ordered you either have to pay the full among upfront, or make a deposit. The only one without that requirement would be amazon.com, but i doubt it is guarantee you will get it day one tho.

I want to just go ahead and put my preorder in.  Kinda hoping they have a ps4 + vita bundle so I can just knock them both out at once.

After following most of the E3 stories, Sony has successfully convinced me to pre-order the PS4 (with some help from Microsoft), even though I'm not really interested in any of the launch titles yet. I only wish that the DualShock3 works with the PS4 but that's just being picky. 

Did my pre-order around this time yesterday. Went ahead and used store credit and fully paid it off. The Gamestop employee told me there only getting so many consoles and to increase my chances of getting one as soon as they get them I should reserve a PS4 game. 

It's probably bullshit but I did it anyways and reserved watch dogs and battlefield 4. I was promised a watch dogs poster but I guess the dude forgot. :(

EDIT: First console I've ever bought at launch let alone preordered on Day 1.

my order page says it will be delivered jan 4th.  im hoping that that will change over the course of the next few months.  heck, it might end up coming out in like october instead of december, we dont really know.

I'm wondering if the difference between Launch / Standard is just when they'll guarantee a launch day shipment. Either way... pre-ordered and looking forward to it :D
That's exactly what it is, and what's been confirmed on the last few pages of this thread.
After following most of the E3 stories, Sony has successfully convinced me to pre-order the PS4 (with some help from Microsoft), even though I'm not really interested in any of the launch titles yet. I only wish that the DualShock3 works with the PS4 but that's just being picky.
They stated that they won't work recently because of the additions they made to the Dualshock 4 being required for games and because they have a new version of Bluetooth.

I want to take advantage of the 6 months no interest financing to BillMeLater on Walmart.com but not sure about how that deal works with pre-orders. Has anyone ever pre-order an item with BillMeLater get the no interest on ship or on order date?

Just got my preorder in at gamestop. Forgot to see what place im in though but im going back to trade in games and upgrade some of my preorders to next gen. Also got in on a controller but the cashier didn't even mention a controller preorder.

For those concerned about amazon pre-orders:

If you ordered a PS4 before noon yesterday, you "should" get a PS4 at launch. If you ordered before midnight the day it was announced, you have a launch unit

twitter.com/amazongames/status/344603472064311296

twitter.com/amazongames/status/344605401997783040

i preordered the ps4 from gamestop (in store) and best buy (Online store pickup)... damn best buy does like a hold on my card... any chance there will be higher demand than supply and i cant flip one of the two i buy?

Pre-ordered from Best Buy online and chose the ship to store option since it mentioned I would be able to 'pick up the day of release.' I had some Reward Zone credits and small balance left from a gift card plus I get 5% cashback from Discover when ordering online so out the door I dropped $398 (I essentially offset the tax here in Cali).

This is my first time ever getting a console at launch. I'm excited - I just hope there are no complications on Best Buy's end or at the least, the store I chose to ship to.

I just checked on my reward zone online account and it says "DUMMY 2" on the description for the pre-order. Anyone else that pre-ordered from Best Buy see this? I put down $25 yesterday and just want to make sure there is no confusion.
This is fine. Best Buy did that internally so they could get the preorders up and going. It will switch over within a day or two. This is all based on what the news listing said in the internal system (I'm an employee). Nothing to worry about here.

I was the first to preorder at my store and it says dummy as well. I think the Xbox One had the same thing for a bit as I remember ringing out an XB:O preorder and it legit said Dummy on the sku.. I just figured they were trying to tell the consumer something.

I read somewhere that for this year, preorders at Best Buy don't guarantee a launch console.  They're taking more preorders than consoles available and will sell the consoles first come first serve for whoever preordered at launch.

Can anyone confirm/deny?

Pre-ordered one through Amazon on June 10 very shortly after the PS4 price tag was announced at E3.  I also put $100 down at Gamestop the following morning and was the first customer behind 2 employees that had already pre-ordered.  I was told by my store and my bro-in-law who works at another store that they both were getting 20 consoles on launch and they'll stop taking pre-orders once they hit that limit.

I read somewhere that for this year, preorders at Best Buy don't guarantee a launch console. They're taking more preorders than consoles available and will sell the consoles first come first serve for whoever preordered at launch.

Can anyone confirm/deny?
You're not guaranteed a console at launch by pre-ordering at BB (In-store at least). I was there today and that's what I was told. I would feel more comfortable ordering online and having them ship it to me to be honest. They do have a history of not holding pre-orders and selling them to whoever comes in first.

Same situation (but I haven't called CS). I'd say we're golden because we ordered before amazon even started distinguishing between the two.

My order still doesn't mention anything about the launch edition even though, like you, I placed it right after the conference ended. I just contacted CS by chat and they confirmed that my order is indeed the launch edition. So Im pretty sure you got the launch edition as well.
I called customer service, and he noted that the two have different ASIN numbers. From the sound of previous posts, anyone in before the separation is "launch", but if you are nervous, call them and ask them to check the ASIN on your order.

Launch: B00BGA9WK2

Standard: B00CMQTVQO

The CSR I spoke with said he showed the Launch ASIN for my order. Hope everyone else is in that same boat!

I preordered one of each on Amazon and at Best Buy. I actually work at Best Buy and was surprised they were still taking preorders since Amazon and GS are no longer guaranteeing . They will over sell, there will bebdisappoints.

I pre-ordered at Amazon immediately after the announcement just in case ,and Gamestop the following morning. I paid off my system at GS with trade credit and I nabbed pre-orders for controller, camera, and 2 launch games (Assassins Creed 4 and Watch Dogs). It's going to be a good launch.

Anyone ever do a preorder online for in store pickup? I have that with Best Buy and wondering if they actually would reserve it for me to get later in the day

My Best Buy has no effing clue what they are doing when it comes to preorders for the new systems. They told me they didn't do system preorders in store and I had to do the $25 deposit online. Just printed out a page from the Best Buy forums and I'll be going back after dinner to show them how to do their job. Sigh.

Put in my preorder at amazon yesterday morning. Checked today that I do get the banner notice after clicking on the launch edition. Hopefully it holds up :)

I pre-ordered a PS4 at my local GameStop yesterday.  I asked the guy if I had to be at launch to get the console, but he told me that they'll hold it for up to 48 hours.  So hopefully this holds up cause I don't want to deal with the bullshit of a midnight launch.  I'd rather go the following day to pick it up.

I've talked to a bestbuy rep who told me I could place $25 down now to get pre-order in. Does anyone know if walmart does the same? Have a giftcard with them I'd like to get rid of/use.

if you ordered from amazon, the thing to note as well is that there will be people who cancel their preorders, because they either dont have the money anymore, or they are getting it from a store that they preordered it from (best buy, gamestop, etc.). as time passes, i wouldnt be surprised if people who dont think they are getting it the day it launches to move up the list quickly,

I want to take advantage of the 6 months no interest financing to BillMeLater on Walmart.com but not sure about how that deal works with pre-orders. Has anyone ever pre-order an item with BillMeLater get the no interest on ship or on order date?
Not possible, otherwise I would've been able to preorder Donkey Kong Country Returns 3DS with Bill Me Later credit when Newegg had the preorder for $27 or $28.

Did my pre-order around this time yesterday. Went ahead and used store credit and fully paid it off. The Gamestop employee told me there only getting so many consoles and to increase my chances of getting one as soon as they get them I should reserve a PS4 game.

It's probably bullshit but I did it anyways and reserved watch dogs and battlefield 4. I was promised a watch dogs poster but I guess the dude forgot. :(

EDIT: First console I've ever bought at launch let alone preordered on Day 1.
My manager said they're handling pre-orders by the order of pre-order. For instance, I'm pre-order number 6, if they get six systems at launch I should be guaranteed a system for 48 hours.

Still on the fence about whether to get a PS4 at launch or wait till mid-2014 when some more games come out (like Infamous: Second Son).

Yikes I'm worried now. I keep reading everyones post who ordered in store and they like in the first 10 or less. When I went into my Gamestop on Tuesday at 12 noon I was already the 30th person. I so hope my store gets enough to cover pre orders ;)

I simply pre-ordered on amazon, and it seems I have the "Launch edition" so from what I understand it means I should get the first wave of systems.

Finally got my PS4 preordered. Had to help my local BBY figure out what to do. Sigh. I guess it's a good sign that nobody there knew how to do it, meaning I'm likely the first to preorder the console at that store ... right? .. right?!

Yikes I'm worried now. I keep reading everyones post who ordered in store and they like in the first 10 or less. When I went into my Gamestop on Tuesday at 12 noon I was already the 30th person. I so hope my store gets enough to cover pre orders ;)

I know, right? I preordered mine yesterday at Gamestop and I'm in the 30's as well. Hoping my store gets enough to cover them too. Hopefully Sony has a lot of stock. There's also the chance people will cancel their preorders or perhaps make exceptions for those who have it fully paid off. I don't know how Gamestop works exactly but it would be pretty crappy to hold onto a console for the first person who preordered who has only put $100 down and tell people who have paid off the whole thing to just wait. I was going to ask how many they think they'll get at launch but I didn't because I imagine it's way to early for even them to know yet.

Funny note. While I was doing some trade in's for credit to pay for the PS4 some people came in asking about the XB1 and the first people [a family] came in wanting to preorder it and changed their mind about it once the employee explained how it worked and then some kid came in and the employee explained it to him and he couldn't wrap his head around it and just kept sighing and ended up leaving with some 7 dollar rainbow six game, lol.
I don't know if they do this anymore, but there was a time when at launch, they held 2 lines. There was one line that had those who paid in full, and then there were those who still have a remaining balance on their preorder. Of course the paid in full line went first. Then, if there were no more people remaining on the paid in full line, then the line with preorders with outstanding balances went next, and if any people who had paid off their system came in, they went to the head of the line. After the dust had settled, if there were systems left over after 48 hours (the preorder hold period), they went to the walk-ins.

BTW, when I went to Gamestop to preorder my PS4, I had found out that that store had sold out on the Xbox One preorders (SMH). Knowing how the people in my neighborhood are like, the poor guys don't know what they're getting themselves into.

bread's done
Back