PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Well I was able to get my PS4 pre-ordered at a GS here in town, but I had to deal with the guy calling me a thief straight to my face and in front of at least 15 other people there, including his manager, when I tried to trade in some of my games. Just because I take of my stuff doesn't mean it was stolen. The best thing was that most of the games he said were stolen were actually games I picked up from deals I found on here. Go figure...

Just got this email from Amazon. :bouncy:

993zhu.jpg

I put in my deposit off of trade in credit at my local GS, the guy told me i was the 50th on the ps4 list. Does't sound too good, but my GS gets tons of traffic, as its in the middle of a big  shopping center/ huge strip mall. so hopefully they get a lot of units, i would love to have it day one, but honestly would be fine if i had it within the first few weeks/month

a question for gs employees or those in the know, does every store put a limit on the ammount of pre orders they are allowed to take past the projected day one supply?. As i said i was 50th and the guy said something like "yeah im taking the amount of pre orders ive been allowed to take", i'm guessing my store or most stores wont have 50 day one consoles, just trying to assess where i stand.

What are all the confirmed exclusive title for PS4 Launch Line-up besides Knack, Killzone, and Drive Club? Or did I get them all.

What are all the confirmed exclusive title for PS4 Launch Line-up besides Knack, Killzone, and Drive Club? Or did I get them all.
Yup that's it for exclusive launch titles. Hence why I canceled my pre-order.
But if you have PS+ you'll get Drive Club free within the first month of launch, and some of the good multiplats have PS4 exclusive content. Plus Warframe and Planetside 2 will be available at launch as well as a hnadful of Indies. And we still have 5-6 months in which more titles could be announced, most likely at PAX.

Last edited by a moderator:
Besides Indy titles which are great but won't get me to buy a system, I don't think we'll see anything new at Pax, Pax is not where they announce big news for the most part, they usually showcase already known AAA titles and small indy games. This isn't really a knock on Sony, almost no system is actually worth buying at launch. It's still the next system I'm buying, just won't be getting it this holiday.

Do all of the retailers require the full $400 price in order to pre-order?   I haven't pre-ordered yet, so where would would i have the best chances of getting a ps4 at launch?  or should I just wait until they define the different models/bundles and try to get in first on one of those?   Can I pre-order now and then cancel if I see a place that is offering them at launch?

Perhaps some of this info (such as the amount required at time of pre-order) could be in the first post.

I remember the dreadful start of the PS3 (I bought one of the $600 launch consoles -- still have it too). So I am a bit hesitant this time around. If those are the only exclusives, I think I will wait till Spring to get a PS4. I think they had a great showing at E3, but the games selection for exclusives is lacking at launch (as with most launches). Killzone will be good, but it is not a console selling game. IGN also pointed out in a hand-on that Knack does not really feel next-gen from what they played This does worries me about the first round of games released. Hopefully they detail more things as we lead up to launch. Unfortunately, I think it's a what-you-see-is-what-you-get right now.

How is preordering PS4/XBOne a deal and why is it cluttering up a forum that's normally full of actual deals for CHEAP ass gamers? :(

How is preordering PS4/XBOne a deal and why is it cluttering up a forum that's normally full of actual deals for CHEAP ass gamers? :(
Preorders for hot new items have always been allowed in the Deals forum since they are a limited item. Cheapy and the mods had this discussion in 2005/2006 when the last generation launched. A lot of you may not have been around then, but we had some heated debate over whether "Wii is in stock!" threads should be allowed for the year or two that that console was very hard to find. We ultimately decided to let those threads live and that was for a console that had already released. We may eventually move these into the appropriate system subforums but as long as preorders for launch systems are open somewhere, they ought to stay under Deals.

Woo Hoo, getting Launch Day PS4 and Watch Dogs on launch day.

I couldn't be any happier about this. I been dying to play Watch Dogs and well like GTA 3 was with my PS2, it will be the first game to get me into next gen and blow me away.

Honestly though, I don't care if they take 6 months to release another PS4 game I want. I have this PS3 backlog that says play me, lol. Playing Watch Dogs is my top priority and PS4 will be the best version with the extra content.

Preorders for hot new items have always been allowed in the Deals forum since they are a limited item. Cheapy and the mods had this discussion in 2005/2006 when the last generation launched. A lot of you may not have been around then, but we had some heated debate over whether "Wii is in stock!" threads should be allowed for the year or two that that console was very hard to find. We ultimately decided to let those threads live and that was for a console that had already released. We may eventually move these into the appropriate system subforums but as long as preorders for launch systems are open somewhere, they ought to stay under Deals.

Yup I remember those days. Some cagers took it really personal too.

But if you have PS+ you'll get Drive Club free within the first month of launch, and some of the good multiplats have PS4 exclusive content. Plus Warframe and Planetside 2 will be available at launch as well as a hnadful of Indies. And we still have 5-6 months in which more titles could be announced, most likely at PAX.
Regarding getting Drive Club for 'free' on Playstation Plus...

Keep in mind, that will be a Free To Play version of the game. According to this article on Digital Spy, most game mode options will be there, while the extra fees will be for additional cars and tracks.

Besides Indy titles which are great but won't get me to buy a system, I don't think we'll see anything new at Pax, Pax is not where they announce big news for the most part, they usually showcase already known AAA titles and small indy games. This isn't really a knock on Sony, almost no system is actually worth buying at launch. It's still the next system I'm buying, just won't be getting it this holiday.
I hope you realize that GDC and TGS are just right around the corner. So I suggest waiting to see what they offer before making a decision about the console.

This morning I got an email from Amazon confirming that I'm getting a launch edition PS4, but when I check the order in my account it lists the standard edition. Anyone else in the same boat?

This morning I got an email from Amazon confirming that I'm getting a launch edition PS4, but when I check the order in my account it lists the standard edition. Anyone else in the same boat?
Mine just says Playstation 4. I also got the email and preordered maybe a few minutes after it went live.

Got an email this morning from Amazon confirming my pre-order was the Launch Edition

s.gif
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering the PlayStation 4. Yesterday we made a change to the name of the product by adding "Launch" and "Standard" editions, which may have caused confusion for some of our customers.

We are writing to confirm that you ordered the "Launch Edition," which is Release-Day Delivery eligible. All other aspects of the two editions are identical.

You do not need to take any action or make any changes to your current order.

I got the same email. Can not wait for this to come out. The price, no online requirement if I want to take it somewhere and PS Plus giving free games for it was the huge selling point for me. I already have Plus paid for way into 2014 so why not take advantage of the PS4 games.

If anyone has sony rewards points like me, you can pre-order PS4 from the sony online store and use your rewards points toward the pre-order.  I had $300 in rewards points from signing up for the sonycard a year ago.  As a bonus, you get 400 points for the purchase.  If you use your sony credit card, you might qualify for 5x rewards bonus (haven't seen the points yet so not sure about this).  

+ Free 2 day shipping

- They charged me tax for MA.

http://store.sony.com/p/PS4-PlayStation4-Console/en/p/PS490000

If you don't have a sony card, you can sign up for one, make 1 purchase and get $100 credit.  Then use the card to order ps4

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ContentDisplayView?cmsId=sony_card_main&catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1

I got the launch edition email early in the morn as well. I wasn't even sure if I want it at launch but put the pre-order in at Amazon right after it went live since they don't charge you til ship anyway.

On a related note, it does qualify as a deal now. The standard, get it when you get it, edition is now $399.96!!!!!!!!!! Reap the savings.

Got that email as well (for launch edition).

What are you guys doing for warranties?  I use Discover so they give us double the manufacturer's warranty, but I think I wanna add some extra cushioning on top of that.  SquareTrade maybe?

in my order history it doesnt say either way, and if you click on the order it takes you to the standard ps4 page, but then i click on launch edition and that is where it shows the instant order update. the instant order date on the launch edition page and that email saying i was confirmed to get the launch edition are the only places anything is different.

I hope you realize that GDC and TGS are just right around the corner. So I suggest waiting to see what they offer before making a decision about the console.
Uh GDC is in March that already happened and again you rarely see new games at GDC, hell it usually indy titles that have been in development for years. I am in serious doubt they will show anything new that will be out at launch at TGS.

Do all of the retailers require the full $400 price in order to pre-order? I haven't pre-ordered yet, so where would would i have the best chances of getting a ps4 at launch? or should I just wait until they define the different models/bundles and try to get in first on one of those? Can I pre-order now and then cancel if I see a place that is offering them at launch?

Perhaps some of this info (such as the amount required at time of pre-order) could be in the first post.

Best Buy Requires $25 down for in store preorders, you simply pay the rest when you pick it up.

I was going to wait until sometime next year when there is a solid library but Sony had a great conference and convinced me. I will pre-order at Gamestop and pay it down every month until launch day.

Hopefully Amazon manages to secure some stock and is able to upgrade my standard to the Launch edition (preordered the day of E3). I wouldn't be too surprised if they did though to be honest. Amazon never risks anything by downgrading an order but it just seems that Amazon can't absolutely guarantee anything yet for later pre-orders.

Aren't the standard and "launch edition" the same?
Yes they are (Amazon explicitly said so in their email). The launch edition guarantees day one delivery. In other words you are guaranteed a PS4 on release day. There is no need to worry about shortages.

The only reasoning for having 2 separate "editions" is that Amazon, as of now, is sold out of preorders and until they can confirm more preorders with Sony between now and the release date ~5 months from now, they can't guarantee Release Date delivery.

Amazon Email Update:

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering the PlayStation 4. Yesterday we made a change to the name of the product by adding "Launch" and "Standard" editions, which may have caused confusion for some of our customers.

We are writing to confirm that you ordered the "Launch Edition," which is Release-Day Delivery eligible. All other aspects of the two editions are identical.

You do not need to take any action or make any changes to your current order.

i got the email today too i preordered as soon as it went live so i figured that any ways, contact the rep and changed it to release day shipping.

Preordered at Target.com w/ redcard(5%)and Team Member discount (10%) = $363.36 total. :bouncy:
Do you or anyone else know how good Target.com is with pre-ordering consoles? When do they charge, do they ship release day, or have there been any issues in past with Wii U, 360, PS3, etc..?

PS4 is really tempting even though I have no idea what the launch lineup will be. Might just wait on it but would at least like to have a pre-order I could easily cancel just in case.

Amazon customer service confused the heck out of me. Before that e-mail was dispensed, they told me there was an error and that the two editions were not initially displayed when the pre-order became available. They also told me I had the Standard Edition pre-ordered and not the Launch Edition, and so could not guarantee release date arrival (which would have been kind of silly considering I placed the order ten minutes after it went live for the only version available at the time).

However, then I got that e-mail supposedly confirming my order was actually Launch Edition. It took another e-mail back to Amazon to actually make sure this was correct as their own CS had actually told me otherwise, but apparently they did in fact upgrade me to the Launch Edition.

If anyone has sony rewards points like me, you can pre-order PS4 from the sony online store and use your rewards points toward the pre-order. I had $300 in rewards points from signing up for the sonycard a year ago. As a bonus, you get 400 points for the purchase. If you use your sony credit card, you might qualify for 5x rewards bonus (haven't seen the points yet so not sure about this).

+ Free 2 day shipping

- They charged me tax for MA.

http://store.sony.com/p/PS4-PlayStation4-Console/en/p/PS490000

If you don't have a sony card, you can sign up for one, make 1 purchase and get $100 credit. Then use the card to order ps4

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ContentDisplayView?cmsId=sony_card_main&catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1
I was considering it. I still have about $50 left in Sony Rewards points there. I'm going to wait for some games to become available for purchase though or the camera and use it on one of those. Reason being, tax and I won't be able to get it day one probably.

Anyone who pre ordered Watch Dogs PS4 on Amazon got a delivery date sooner than Jan 2, 2014? Just wondering if this is just a general placeholder date or if they sold out of their first run of the game.

i preordered and i paid the full price with no tax thanks to my credit at gamestop!... i have another $500 in credit but im not sure about the xbox juan... i have to think about it...

Anyone who pre ordered Watch Dogs PS4 on Amazon got a delivery date sooner than Jan 2, 2014? Just wondering if this is just a general placeholder date or if they sold out of their first run of the game.
I posted a question about it under discussions, but haven't gotten a clear answer yet. I was wondering if the PS4/XBone versions ever had Release Day Delivery like the current gen consoles do.

I posted a question about it under discussions, but haven't gotten a clear answer yet. I was wondering if the PS4/XBone versions ever had Release Day Delivery like the current gen consoles do.
Amazon always uses December 31 as the placeholder date for games where the exact release date is not confirmed (but the year of release is). Once a release date is verified I am sure it will update to that date.

Just got an email from Best Buy saying that the release date on my preorder has been changed to 11/30/13. I'm sure its just another placeholder date, since there's no way this thing hits after Black Friday.

bread's done
Back