PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

So if the recent trade in values at GameStop hold up for the next few days (need to renew pro membership and get the 50% extra trade credit coupon), I'm hoping to make my pre-order there with the credit. Or if they ran out of pre-orders I'll probably just keep the credit for Black Friday if they have a special deal then.

Ah, nice! I've definitely got the launch edition. Wonder why I can't get the release-day shipping though.
I have Prime. When I ordered, it said:
Want to receive this the day it comes out?
Select FREE Two-Day Shipping at checkout.

So it doesn't say Release Date Shipping on my order. It says Two Day Shipping. But I assume I'm getting release day shipping.
I'm not a Prime member anymore. When I checked out I had the option of FSS, Standard, and Two-Day. The wording made it sounded as if Two-Day was RDD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that I see the "launch edition" is gone I'm glad that I pre-ordered the same night I received the email from Amazon.

Ah, nice! I've definitely got the launch edition. Wonder why I can't get the release-day shipping though.
I have Prime. When I ordered, it said:
Want to receive this the day it comes out?
Select FREE Two-Day Shipping at checkout.

So it doesn't say Release Date Shipping on my order. It says Two Day Shipping. But I assume I'm getting release day shipping.
I'm not a Prime member anymore. When I checked out I had the option of FSS, Standard, and Two-Day. The wording made it sounded as if Two-Day was RDD.
yeah, it said 2 day shipping would get it to you on release day. not bad for 8 bucks, cheaper than the slow shipping charges everywhere else.

Do you guys think we will have a better idea on what the supply for these things is going to be like closer to release?

I never decide I want one until its too late. I should preorder anyway, ill never learn
I would say launch is going to be limited supply this time around because it will be in much higher demand than X1. If you don't order one now somewhere, 95% chance you won't get one at launch.

I preordered from both amazon and gs. I had over $700 in credit at gs, so I will be getting it from there. I also preordered an extra controller, and an ps eye (not sure if this was a good idea lol). Will keep my launch amazon if one of my friends want to grab a launch system also. Did anyone preorder or even think of preordering the eye or am I just crazy?
How did you gather up so much credit?

For anyone worried about two day shipping not getting to them on release day; I had the same concern and contacted Amazon customer service to confirm that two day would arrive on release day.

Me:Hi,
I have a question about my order - Amazon.com order number: **  - for the Sony Playstation 4 launch edition.
The order currently shows the shipping speed as Two-Day Shipping. When I placed the order I was under the assumption this was the option for release date delivery. Can you confirm the current ship method is correct and that I will receive my item on the release date.

Lorraine:Hello my name is Lorraine from Amazon.Com Chat support. I will be happy to help.
May I have the name on your account?

Me:**

Lorraine:Thank you. Your email address is **, correct?

Me:yes

Lorraine:Thanks **
Your order is qualify for release date delivery so even though you selected 2 day shipping the item will be delivered on December 31

Me:Ok, so the shipping method is currently set for release date delivery?

Lorraine:That is correct

Lol, had an employee tell me to preorder controllers or games to increase my chance of getting it. Employee the other day said I was in the first 5.

If it were any other item, I'd cancel just to spite her....

Lol, had an employee tell me to preorder controllers or games to increase my chance of getting it. Employee the other day said I was in the first 5.

If it were any other item, I'd cancel just to spite her....
Really? Are they going to "forget" to put in your pre-order until it's too late if you don't buy a controller or game? Actually I wouldn't put it past them to do that..

Do we have any info on the speed of the HD?
AFAIK the only details they've revealed about the HDD is that it's 500GB and that it can be upgraded by the user. I'm really hoping that the PS4 is able to utilize SSDs far better than the PS3 ever could.

Just came from Best Buy and was told that my preorder from online will be set aside on launch day. I was afraid that they'd sell whatever is in store when they opened and if you dont pick up when it opens, then you are out of luck later in the day

I'm pre-ordering from amazon.... I don't have prime..... does it matter what shipping option I use?   I don't mind paying to get it sooner, but if I will get it on the same day no matter which one I select then I would rather pay less.

[quote name="Miami_13" post="10623529" timestamp="1371172042"]
I have a bit of an odd question. When I pre-ordered on Amazon I used my credit card and applied the current $17 cash back I've got towards it. I've earned an additional $6 in cash back since. Is there a way to apply more cash back at a later date without canceling my current order? When I go to My Orders summary and click Revise Payment it says, Making any changes to your payment method, including retrying your payment method, will result in reward points being removed from this order. If I click Retry payment method will I be able to add on more cash back without losing my Launch Edition? It's a bit of an odd question but I thought someone might know.[/quote]
just contract customer service and they'll apply it for you. I always do this. Also why would Amazon block account for buying P's 4 with Amazon credit. That makes no sense

mazon credit. That makes no sense

I'm pre-ordering from amazon.... I don't have prime..... does it matter what shipping option I use? I don't mind paying to get it sooner, but if I will get it on the same day no matter which one I select then I would rather pay less.
It's 9 something fit 2 day. Which is release date delivery

So I also got the Amazon "Launch Day Edition" email for my order but I don't see the words "Launch Day" anywhere on my order and I can't select release day shipping. Anyone else experience this? Thought I'd check with you guys before I call Amazon.
Order only says ps4 right? Click to go to product page. Click launch edition. Right above should say you already purchased this item with a link back to your order.

Amazon usually doesn't offer release-day shipping until they have an actual release date. They will probably offer it and upgrade anyone who ordered as soon as they get a date.

My local Gamestop sold out of pre-orders the first day, but I was in there today for The Last of Us and the guy was telling people they had been authorized to take more starting today. But they won't last long.

So just a heads up.

So I also got the Amazon "Launch Day Edition" email for my order but I don't see the words "Launch Day" anywhere on my order and I can't select release day shipping. Anyone else experience this? Thought I'd check with you guys before I call Amazon.
Order only says ps4 right? Click to go to product page. Click launch edition. Right above should say you already purchased this item with a link back to your order.

Amazon usually doesn't offer release-day shipping until they have an actual release date. They will probably offer it and upgrade anyone who ordered as soon as they get a date.
My order and emails for my ps4 preorder state release day delivery. I ordered within a few minutes of them being available, not sure if that matters.

My order and emails for my ps4 preorder state release day delivery. I ordered within a few minutes of them being available, not sure if that matters.
Mine doesnt mention anything about release day delivery, but im a prime member so it lists prime two day shipping.

It'll be like anything else though that's a pre-order, will get release date delivery when the actual date is known.

I pre-ordered the Standard Edition the second day Amazon had pre-orders up, but now my order status shows Launch Edition.  Anyone else have the same experience?  It will be pretty cool if they got more of an allocation or moved up people after some Launch editions cancelled.

I preordered from both amazon and gs. I had over $700 in credit at gs, so I will be getting it from there. I also preordered an extra controller, and an ps eye (not sure if this was a good idea lol). Will keep my launch amazon if one of my friends want to grab a launch system also. Did anyone preorder or even think of preordering the eye or am I just crazy?
How did you gather up so much credit?
Had a lot of games before and used the pur pro sign up to get the 50% for first $200+ then the 7 for $35 extra the next 2 times. Upgraded my girl to a pur pro and sold 2 of my ps3s and a wii with 50% again. Lol had a lot of old stuff that I knew I wouldn't touch and it just makes the apartment cluttered.

So what are the reasons people are going with gamestop or amazon? I have a preorder at each, but not sure which one I want to get it from. For me it comes down to amazon (wait until 7pm for UPS), gamestop (deal with day one stuff at store).

Is launch day typically a pain in the ass at gamestop? Since you can buy amazon GCs at gamestop I can go either way since I have a lot of GS credit.

So what are the reasons people are going with gamestop or amazon? I have a preorder at each, but not sure which one I want to get it from. For me it comes down to amazon (wait until 7pm for UPS), gamestop (deal with day one stuff at store).

Is launch day typically a pain in the ass at gamestop? Since you can buy amazon GCs at gamestop I can go either way since I have a lot of GS credit.
Well I honestly think it is up to you. I am going with Gamestop because of the credit I have with them and they don't have any amazon cards at any of the ones near me. Also, I am in NY, so amazon does charge tax for me. With GS credit, it does not count for tax I believe. Might want to check with someone about how people are on release days at your local GS.

For ps4 and in store you'll probably need to be in line for a good 30 minutes average at the rate of ps4 popularity

For ps4 and in store you'll probably need to be in line for a good 30 minutes average at the rate of ps4 popularity
But its not like every GS will have an unlimited supply of them. Seems like the first run of preorders was really small, then they opened it up for a few more per store. Can't be that many people at each store right?

How was the Wii U launch? I wasn't interested at all in the Wii U so I barely paid attention. Maybe not as popular, but I wonder how many PS3s each store is even getting.

GameStop states all pre-orders are held for 48 hours, so I don't plan on waiting in a huge line all night. I'll go in the evening after all the traffic has died down to get my system. If it isn't there and they sell my reserved console, they will absolutely regret it. Lol

My home theater manager tonight said that Best Buy is cutting off launch day preorders tonight/tomorrow morning.  He had received that information through the conference call and was told to pass that along to associates/potential customers.

But its not like every GS will have an unlimited supply of them. Seems like the first run of preorders was really small, then they opened it up for a few more per store. Can't be that many people at each store right?

How was the Wii U launch? I wasn't interested at all in the Wii U so I barely paid attention. Maybe not as popular, but I wonder how many PS3s each store is even getting.

i just went in launch day and bought it, they were stacked on shelves and no preorder was needed....bestbuy city of industry

same with japanese wiiu, got it without preordering on launch day

I am a Amazon guy.

Plus, I rather avoid the launch day craze, and well, I am also lazy as well, so I am willing to wait extra day or two.

No such luck for me, and I have the "launch edition" pre-ordered.

Just two day.

I suppose there's a off chance it may be change later, and if not, I am fine with waiting.

No such luck for me, and I have the "launch edition" pre-ordered.

Just two day.

I suppose there's a off chance it may be change later, and if not, I am fine with waiting.
Do you have prime? maybe its a prime thing?
Yeah, I have Prime, and I pre-order it Monday as well. Probably just bad timing, or something. I do not know.

Edit: I just checked my e-mail, and it says my order is release day eligible. However, I can still only select standard or two day options on my order, but the email says I do not need to make any changes to my order, so maybe it will change later automatically, or something. I do not know.

After watching the Sony press conference on Monday, I went to a local Gamestop the day after and made sure to pre-order the system and Killzone (am also interested in Drive Club, but given how there's a PS+ version coming out, I want to see what that version is like first before deciding whether or not to get the regular version).

Money wise, it could be tricky (given the unknown release date, some games sparking my interest that will come out in the fall, and other factors). However, I do put aside some money for emergencies and other situations. Thus, if push comes to shove, I may use that money to purchase the PS4.

Just ordered in Best Buy store, planning to you trade in credits towards purchase, reserved with gift card, no credit card needed, min 25 dollar down, thanks for info on this thread!

My home theater manager tonight said that Best Buy is cutting off launch day preorders tonight/tomorrow morning. He had received that information through the conference call and was told to pass that along to associates/potential customers.
My buddy who works at Best Buy said the same exact thing, but only they were allowed to fill up any current slots left for pre-order and was wondering if I pre-ordered yet.
I'm a little happy I got mine pre-ordered at Gamestop, it seems that everyone is starting to reach their limit already. And to think it's been only a couple of days since they announced the price. These things are going to be the most hottest must have Christmas gifts of the season. xD

I pre-ordered the Standard Edition the second day Amazon had pre-orders up, but now my order status shows Launch Edition. Anyone else have the same experience? It will be pretty cool if they got more of an allocation or moved up people after some Launch editions cancelled.
When I ordered mine I didnt even think to look for such a thing. Now when I went in and checked my account I have the standard. I know its my fault for not reading, but why would I look any harder at it when I know theres only one edition coming out.

I pre-ordered the Standard Edition the second day Amazon had pre-orders up, but now my order status shows Launch Edition. Anyone else have the same experience? It will be pretty cool if they got more of an allocation or moved up people after some Launch editions cancelled.
Well, I pre-ordered two units.

Pre-order from Monday just says "PlayStaton 4" under "Your Orders," but it is under "Launch Edition" when I click the page.

Pre-order from Tuesday says "PlayStation 4 Launch Day Edition" under "Your Orders," but it is under "Standard Edition" when I click the page.

In conclusion, I am not exactly sure.

Oh, and for the record, I am not selling anything on eBay. One for me, one for my younger brother.

Same thing happened to me, just looked and they have mine as launch as well where before it was standard.

We can change the shipping speed without changing the edition, right? I decided to change from FSSS to 2-Day after I realized I'm too impatient.

Yeah, you can change the shipping speed safely as long as it hasn't gone into processing (meaning November).

We can change the shipping speed without changing the edition, right? I decided to change from FSSS to 2-Day after I realized I'm too impatient.
I am not sure (but I would guess so), but I take it by that you did not have prime before? So, did you upgrade to Prime? If not, how much did 2 day shipping cost w/o Prime?

Yeah, you can change the shipping speed safely as long as it hasn't gone into processing (meaning November).
Okay, thanks!

I am not sure (but I would guess so), but I take it by that you did not have prime before? So, did you upgrade to Prime? If not, how much did 2 day shipping cost w/o Prime?
I don't have Prime and 2 day shipping was around $8. Surprisingly inexpensive, I think.

This may be a dumb question, and I apologize if it is, but what is the difference between the standard edition and launch edition PS4, and if you preorder from Gamestop do you know which one you will recieve? 

Thanks in advance guys.

--Claude

bread's done
Back