PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Don't mean to sound like a dick, but... read the thread. You'll get an answer to your question... on, like, every. single. page.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys and gals that preordered on Amazon:

Do they 'authorize'/charge your card the amount to make sure it's there (like Best Buy?) then remove the charge?

I know they only charge once it ships, but if they try an auth charge, my card has insufficient funds and I don't want to get hit with a $35 overdraft fee.

Just want to make sure I get a console sometime before the end of the year. haha

For anyone worried about two day shipping not getting to them on release day; I had the same concern and contacted Amazon customer service to confirm that two day would arrive on release day.

Lorraine:Thanks **
Your order is qualify for release date delivery so even though you selected 2 day shipping the item will be delivered on December 31
Thanks for this. I was wondering how others got RDD while when I ordered only standard and 2 day ship was available to be selected. I might still hit GS/BBY during the midnight launch to buy games and controller (if they are ok with that) just for the experience lol.

For anyone worried about two day shipping not getting to them on release day; I had the same concern and contacted Amazon customer service to confirm that two day would arrive on release day.

Your order is qualify for release date delivery so even though you selected 2 day shipping the item will be delivered on December 31
Thanks for this. I was wondering how others got RDD while when I ordered only standard and 2 day ship was available to be selected. I might still hit GS/BBY during the midnight launch to buy games and controller (if they are ok with that) just for the experience lol.
I waited in line in front of Target for 2 days/nights for the PS3 - cops were called for a fight that broke out when someone mysteriously left in the middle of the night and then came back for his spot in line the following morning. I nearly froze my butt off sleeping in 30 degree weather for two straight nights. The morning it was released, I didn't even take it home and played it. I took a bath and slept for 12 hours, LOL

Trust me. You don't want to go for the experience. Everyone that was in line was on edge. One wrong move and the idea of ending someone's life wouldn't have sounded like a bad idea. :p

You guys and gals that preordered on Amazon:

Do they 'authorize'/charge your card the amount to make sure it's there (like Best Buy?) then remove the charge?

I know they only charge once it ships, but if they try an auth charge, my card has insufficient funds and I don't want to get hit with a $35 overdraft fee.

Just want to make sure I get a console sometime before the end of the year. haha
No. Amazon has never done an authorization to charge to me ever. They dont usually charge until a few days before it ships or sometimes not even until the day of. I've not been charged for the ps4 or ps4 accessories ive pre ordered. Don't worry.

i was in no rush to preorder this but i hear theyre running out of 1st run launch pre orders. Guy at GS said i better order in the next few days if i want one.

is that bs or true? i actually planned on doing it at BBY for the points. would BBY or GS be the safest bet to get a launch copy?

They added some bundles with some games and even a year of PS Plus. BF4 and Killzone get $499 bundles with a year of PS Plus. There are also Knack and Watch Dogs bundles with no PS Plus for $459. http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Battlefield-Launch-Day-Bundle-4/dp/B00DE2W5XG/ref=sr_1_28?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1371283473&sr=1-28&tag=viglink129408-20
wow, ridiculous. they are holding back launch units to sell as bundles.
They're launch bundles. Kinda concerned that the release date is the same as the standard edition though. My Standard edition that I preordered is also now a launch edition under my order page. Still listed as shipping Dec 31st though.

They added some bundles with some games and even a year of PS Plus. BF4 and Killzone get $499 bundles with a year of PS Plus. There are also Knack and Watch Dogs bundles with no PS Plus for $459. http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Battlefield-Launch-Day-Bundle-4/dp/B00DE2W5XG/ref=sr_1_28?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1371283473&sr=1-28&tag=viglink129408-20
They're launch bundles. Kinda concerned that the release date is the same as the standard edition though. My Standard edition that I preordered is also now a launch edition under my order page. Still listed as shipping Dec 31st though.
well, the release date wouldnt change, just the option to get it the day it comes out with 2 day shipping. but i dont believe these are official bundles, they are launch ps4 units with games added, ps plus cards thrown in, forcing you to pay more to get it at release.

well, the release date wouldnt change, just the option to get it the day it comes out with 2 day shipping. but i dont believe these are official bundles, they are launch ps4 units with games added, ps plus cards thrown in, forcing you to pay more to get it at release.
So my standard edition should ship when the launch ones do now and not a month after? Yea but most people pick up a game anyways.

So my standard edition should ship when the launch ones do now and not a month after? Yea but most people pick up a game anyways.
nope, the standard editions dont have that little line in green that says "Want to receive this the day it comes out?

Select Two-Day Shipping at checkout." but these launch bundles do. so if you want it on release day, you have to buy a bundle now.

Oh but I said that my standard edition is now a launch edition under my order section. the release date hasnt changed though.
oh, didnt catch that part, yeah, the release date wont change, especially since its not even final yet, but if you pick 2 day shipping you get it on release day.

I remember this happening when the Wii/PS3 launch happened. People raged online, but shelled out usually for like 2-3 games, off-brand controllers and such just to get them. We're not even a week out of E3 and retailers have already begun, crazy early.

I waited in line in front of Target for 2 days/nights for the PS3 - cops were called for a fight that broke out when someone mysteriously left in the middle of the night and then came back for his spot in line the following morning. I nearly froze my butt off sleeping in 30 degree weather for two straight nights. The morning it was released, I didn't even take it home and played it. I took a bath and slept for 12 hours, LOL

Trust me. You don't want to go for the experience. Everyone that was in line was on edge. One wrong move and the idea of ending someone's life wouldn't have sounded like a bad idea. :p
I have to agree with this. Every time I've gone to a midnight release its been miserable, especially when that release is in Nov./Dec. and you live in the northern half of the country.

This may be a dumb question, and I apologize if it is, but what is the difference between the standard edition and launch edition PS4, and if you preorder from Gamestop do you know which one you will recieve?

Thanks in advance guys.

--Claude
Launch is guaranteed to come out on launch day thats it.

i was in no rush to preorder this but i hear theyre running out of 1st run launch pre orders. Guy at GS said i better order in the next few days if i want one.

is that bs or true? i actually planned on doing it at BBY for the points. would BBY or GS be the safest bet to get a launch copy?
BB would be the safest as they will get a LOT more then each gamestop store gets.

Just got this from Amazon.

Dear Amazon.com Customer, 

Thank you for pre-ordering the PlayStation 4.

We are writing to inform you that we received additional PlayStation 4 "Launch Day Edition" consoles and have upgraded your order from the "Standard Edition." 

This means your order is now eligible for delivery on release day (the two editions are identical other than the release-day promise). If you would like to choose this option, you can upgrade your shipping speed to Release-Day Delivery for $7.98. Note that Release-Day Delivery is free for Amazon Prime members.

To upgrade to Release-Day Delivery: 
Go to Your Account > Your Orders
Find your PS4 pre-order
Click "Change Shipping Speed" then select Two Day Shipping

s.gif

People are getting upgraded to launch editions and there are now launch day bundles available. There must be more consoles available for launch then they initially thought. That's good news.

Edit: Launch Dogs bundle no longer available.

Update: Watch Dogs bundle available once again. :)

Just got upgraded as well! It's pretty cool that amazon does that instead of just listing the new LDEs they got. Might consider upgrading to the BF4 launch edition, though, as you save a bit on a year of plus.

Also, for the guys that have launch editions with Amazon, what does it say your expected delivery date is? I've got January 3rd, 2014 with the two day shipping it said I needed for release-date delivery, but that seems funny to me.

Just got upgraded as well! It's pretty cool that amazon does that instead of just listing the new LDEs they got. Might consider upgrading to the BF4 launch edition, though, as you save a bit on a year of plus.

Also, for the guys that have launch editions with Amazon, what does it say your expected delivery date is? I've got January 3rd, 2014 with the two day shipping it said I needed for release-date delivery, but that seems funny to me.
I ordered the Launch edition right after it became available and it shows 31-Dec as delivery date.

Well Amazon charged 14.48 for shipping 2 day for launch delivery instead of 7.98. I contacted Amazon and waiting for reply.

This means your order is now eligible for delivery on release day (the two editions are identical other than the release-day promise). If you would like to choose this option, you can upgrade your shipping speed to Release-Day Delivery for $7.98. Note that Release-Day Delivery is free for Amazon Prime members.

Well I finally jumped on the bandwagon a got a preorder in for a launch day edition Knack bundle.  Would have gone with Watch Dogs but it already sold out.  And I just picked up a year of PS+ so the others aren't very appealing at $499.

edit: Watch Dogs came back in stock.  Cancelled the Knack one and pre-ordered the watch dogs one

Well it said in the email that I would be eligible for release-date delivery by following the steps of switching to Two-day speed, so that shouldn't be the issue. Will wait and see. If it doesn't get changed when an actual release is announced, I'll shoot them an email.

Just snagged a Watch Dogs Launch Bundle no more than 5 minutes ago. Anyone looking for it should check again! They may have put a few more up

When is Sony announcing the release date for the PS4? Or will it be a random day?
You can bet MS and Sony will do everything in their power to get it out in the US before 'Black Friday', 11/19/2013 is just an estimated guess. I wish sooner, however most other countries also have their variation on 'Black Friday' too, so my BBY pre-order date got bumped to 11/30/2013, just make that the expectation and hopefully be pleasantly surprised. :D

Got the email of my upgrade, but I cancelled it and picked up the Watch Dogs bundle. It is not sold out for those wondering.

Question: Is there a reason people are excited for Watch Dogs on PS4? Isn't it going to essentially just be a port of the :ps3: version with slightly improved graphics? Or is it because it's among the better offerings for the launch titles and therefore being purchased to have something to play on the PS4?

I don't mean to sound arrogant (and I apologize if I come across that way)--I'm genuinely curious.

why would you pick up the bundle? it is the same price if bought the game separately.
that was my exact thought. If there was even a slight savings I would go for it. It's mostly geared towards people who still want the console at launch. The launch edition console is sold out atm. The bundles are launch edition so you'll get your game and console on day 1.

How much is the warranty if i buy it at best buy?  also whats the price for the xbox one warranty?  And can anyone tell me how much down is required to pre order in store?  Thanks 

id like to pre order in store at walmart but they dont offer it do the?

How much is the warranty if i buy it at best buy? also whats the price for the xbox one warranty? And can anyone tell me how much down is required to pre order in store? Thanks

You could call your local stores and ask all of these questions...

At Gamestop I got my PS4 fully paid off. I was thinking of going in today and trading in my Wii and some finished PS3 & Wii games using the 50% Extra TIV coupon I got from PUR. While I was on the phone I acted as if I was interested in preordering a PS4 [after all, he doesn't know who I am on the phone] and I asked if I were to preorder what would my chances be on getting one at launch and he said very good because they're still on their first shipment. 

So if any of you are concerned about if you're going to get one at launch that may be a good way to find out. However some Gamestop's are different and won't tell you anything. The people at my Gamestop don't mind spilling the beans about number of preorders or anything.

Now I play the waiting game which is going to seem like a eternity. 

How much is the warranty if i buy it at best buy? also whats the price for the xbox one warranty? And can anyone tell me how much down is required to pre order in store? Thanks

You could call your local stores and ask all of these questions...
Its long distance to any of my stores =/ Im just looking for somewhere to pre order where they offer a extended warranty for a good price. =/

How was the launch for the PS3 back in 2006? Were you able to preorder online? From what I remember it was madness with people waiting in line for days prior to launch and it instantly being sold out, but it seems rather easy now in 2013 with the PS4 to just preorder online and walk into the store anytime on launch day and pick it up or have it shipped to you

How was the launch for the PS3 back in 2006? Were you able to preorder online? From what I remember it was madness with people waiting in line for days prior to launch and it instantly being sold out, but it seems rather easy now in 2013 with the PS4 to just preorder online and walk into the store anytime on launch day and pick it up or have it shipped to you
The launch of the PS3 seemed pretty temid compared the the PS2's launch around here. The $600 price point scared off a lot of people.

One thing I don't miss is the fact that places like EB would let you preorder a PS2 or original Xbox system, but only if you preordered three launch games as well. It's so nice now to be able to log on to Amazon a few minutes after the E3 conferences are over, place your preorder, and never have to deal with waiting in any long lines. Especially in November. :)

The launch of the PS3 seemed pretty temid compared the the PS2's launch around here. The $600 price point scared off a lot of people.

One thing I don't miss is the fact that places like EB would let you preorder a PS2 or original Xbox system, but only if you preordered three launch games as well. It's so nice now to be able to log on to Amazon a few minutes after the E3 conferences are over, place your preorder, and never have to deal with waiting in any long lines. Especially in November. :)
PS2s ended up being $600 after having to get the mandatory three games as well.

I recall a relative having to get a friend of theirs that worked at KB Toys to hold one for me. Pre-ordering the PS2 didn't guarantee you got it, because stores took in too many pre-orders. If you didn't know someone or weren't one of the first few people in line, you were fuck out of luck. Hopefully that won't be the case for this generation.

Pre-ordered my PS4 on amazon uk including a second controller. Sony has never let me down. My launch PS3 (60Gb with PS2 backwards compatibility) is still running strong.

PS2s ended up being $600 after having to get the mandatory three games as well.

I recall a relative having to get a friend of theirs that worked at KB Toys to hold one for me. Pre-ordering the PS2 didn't guarantee you got it, because stores took in too many pre-orders. If you didn't know someone or weren't one of the first few people in line, you were fuck out of luck. Hopefully that won't be the case for this generation.
that's what Im afraid will happen. I work so I wont be able to go to the store until later in the day and no way am I waiting hours in line.

Whoever mentioned that PUR Members get the 50% Trade In Bonus coupon... THANK YOU!

Went in and traded about 8 Wii games, 4 PS3 games, and a bunch of Wii peripherals and ended up with over $300 in credit.

Already had my PS4 paid off so I paid off Battlefield 4 & Watch Dogs and grabbed a year of PS+ and still got $160 left but unsure what to grab.

bread's done
Back