PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

does anyone know how amazon pre-order works? i don't have enough to cover the full amount and im concerned if i pre-order they will bounce my account. when they do the authorization charge are they doing a small amount or full amount?

thanks for any help.

does anyone know how amazon pre-order works? i don't have enough to cover the full amount and im concerned if i pre-order they will bounce my account. when they do the authorization charge are they doing a small amount or full amount?

thanks for any help.
The answer is in the thread (I know this because I asked it!) ... like a page or so back.

They won't charge you til it ships.

I think this info also should be in the original post. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
How long does it take for them to adjust the price of an order for Pre-Order Price Guarantee? My order is still listed as $1000.
you must have done the pre order on the thing amazon did back in feb i would really re pre order if i were you i really wonder if those were not true pre orders seeing how fast then got taken down after going up.

only thing i hate about the stuff you get with ps4 is the mic. I hate ear buds they never stay in your ear and always fall out don't know why they did not do just a normal over the head mic.

Nice, cancelled my Launch Day preorder of the console only and ordered the Killzone bundle with PS Plus.  I know it's only a savings of $10, but hey, it's $10 - nothing to sneeze at for stuff I was going to buy anyway.  And now my order says "Launch Day" right in the title.

Just went to gamestop and traded in some PS3 games and fully paid off my PS4 preorder, and pre-ordered Knack while I was at it. (Would had pre-ordered Infamous but it wasn't a launch title)

Do I need a ID to pick up my PS4? I had a problem with trading in games without a State ID, and the game I pre-ordered isn't a M rated title. The lady said I shouldn't be worried about anything as long as I have my card, but I take her word with a grain of sand.

I never have had to show my ID. Just make sure to have your receipt. Put that somewhere safe.

But yeah take your ID with you just in case along with your receipt and power up card if you have one just to cover all the bases.

Just went to gamestop and traded in some PS3 games and fully paid off my PS4 preorder, and pre-ordered Knack while I was at it. (Would had pre-ordered Infamous but it wasn't a launch title)
Do I need a ID to pick up my PS4? I had a problem with trading in games without a State ID, and the game I pre-ordered isn't a M rated title. The lady said I shouldn't be worried about anything as long as I have my card, but I take her word with a grain of sand.
Roughly how many games did you sell and were they newer titles? I'm trying to do the same and I want an estimate of how much I will get if I Trade in my system too

Just noticed the Dualshock 4 controller is $60.  With the console being $400 and needing a few games at launch, if my friends don't bring their controller they ain't playing for a while.  ;)

Even though I got a launch day console from Amazon, I don't like the fact other people can't get it at launch unless they get a game bundle.  Sure most of us are getting a game, but most of us also have credit at other stores and would rather get it with our credit there.

I pre-ordered the PS4 at Best Buy and GameStop.  I only want one on launch day, but my experience tells me that one of these two companies and possibly both won't come through for me when I need it.  

The Best Buy guy told me on #31 on the list so that doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies about getting it day one.  Did GameStop as a back-up, but I have no idea what number I'm on their list. 

thanks for any help.
The answer is in the thread (I know this because I asked it!) ... like a page or so back.

They won't charge you til it ships.

I think this info also should be in the original post. :)
Just to add to that, if you are getting launch day delivery, the console will ship out 2 business days beforehand to reach you on release date, so if you need to cancel your order, you need do so a few days before the release date.

I pre-ordered the PS4 at Best Buy and GameStop. I only want one on launch day, but my experience tells me that one of these two companies and possibly both won't come through for me when I need it.

The Best Buy guy told me on #31 on the list so that doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies about getting it day one. Did GameStop as a back-up, but I have no idea what number I'm on their list.
Idk about Best Buy but Gamestop is usually good about getting their stock... right?

What games are you guys preordering for launch? Seems like Watch Dogs is popular from looking at Amazon top 20 list.
Probably Watch Dogs, I guess. I am just waiting to see who has the best pre-order deal.

Any website with no tax for California?
Speaking from someone from CA, none that I know of.

Now, with that being said, there are some 3rd party Amazon sellers who do not charge sales tax, if you are willing to go that route.

Personally, I have long since already accepted days of no sales tax on Amazon are over.

Ordered as soon as the Sony conference ended, but picked Super Saver Shipping out of habit.  I got the email that I secured a Launch Edition, but when I tried to upgrade to release date delivery I couldn't find the option.  I emailed Amazon, and they told me I had the standard edition.  I explained the email I got, and by way of apology they upgraded me to release date delivery for free.

To top it all off, I realized I had $200 in credit at certain places that I could transform into Amazon credit.  So I'm paying $199.96 out of pocket for my PS4.  Haven't been this excited for a new system launch since PS2.

Damming, tax brought try order up from $459.99 for the Watchdogs launch bundle to $499.98 :p

Eh, there's really no place around here I could get it tax free anyways unless I pre-order online at Bets Buy and have it shipped to the store, but I'm not in a position where I could deal with them checking on my card every few days.

When I preordered my Wii U from Bestbuy last year, the store I got it from did too many preordered. So I wasn't able to get it on release day. They did give me a $40 discount on the Wii U because they didn't get more for over a week. I was also promised a call when it came in but never did and got it when I was passing by. Gamestop has never let me down on preorders. So I am skipping Bestbuy this time.

What is helping me pay off my PS4 and Xbox One, is trading in tons of stuff. I just traded in over 14 games that I no longer play and some accessories. So far, I paid off 1/2 of my PS4. I am probably going to sell or trade in my Wii U also to help pay it off. Depending on which is the better deal that is. That and I have a decent paying job as well.

Just noticed the Dualshock 4 controller is $60. With the console being $400 and needing a few games at launch, if my friends don't bring their controller they ain't playing for a while. ;)

Even though I got a launch day console from Amazon, I don't like the fact other people can't get it at launch unless they get a game bundle. Sure most of us are getting a game, but most of us also have credit at other stores and would rather get it with our credit there.
You can still get it from Amazon without needing to buy a bundle. http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Launch-Day/dp/B00BGA9WK2/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1371447011&sr=1-1&keywords=ps4

Just noticed the Dualshock 4 controller is $60. With the console being $400 and needing a few games at launch, if my friends don't bring their controller they ain't playing for a while. ;)

Even though I got a launch day console from Amazon, I don't like the fact other people can't get it at launch unless they get a game bundle. Sure most of us are getting a game, but most of us also have credit at other stores and would rather get it with our credit there.
You can still get it from Amazon without needing to buy a bundle. http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Launch-Day/dp/B00BGA9WK2/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1371447011&sr=1-1&keywords=ps4
That's the standard edition though and is not guaranteed to be shipped out for the launch date. The bundles however do have a launch date guarantee.
Is anyone interested in the PS camera?
What exactly is it supposed to be used for? Is it just for move controls? And if so I thought the current move so trollers would be incompatible with the PS4 just like the Dualshock 3

. Can you buy amazon gift cards at GameStop using trade credit? I've got some stuff to trade in that will cover over half of the pre-order.
Yeah, you can. They have the Kindle Cards up.
Question, are the Kindle Gift Cards physical cards or ones that print on the receipt? And can I cancel a preorder and use that money to buy some Kindle Gift cards? I put 100 down on the PS4 at GS but now I would rather use that 100 and the extra 200 I have in credit to preorder a launch edition PS4 from Amazon.

What exactly is it supposed to be used for? Is it just for move controls? And if so I thought the current move so trollers would be incompatible with the PS4 just like the Dualshock 3
As far as I can tell, It's basically Sony's version of the Kinect (and before someone else says it, I am aware original PS eye was released on the PS2 a few years before the Kinect).

Actually, PS4 is BC with the move.

I am just curious.

How are you people able to afford both consoles at launch?
I am a hard person to shop for so my family always gets me the prepaid visa gift cards for birthdays and Christmas every year. One thing that always help as an addition gift everyone uses my reward zone account for best buy so I always get the free points.

I'll be buying a PS4 bundle on day one from my local store, need to see if they have pre-orders here too. Else I guess Amazon won't ship this outside the US as usual?!

I was going to pre-order ps4 but there really isn't any launch titles that I need.  Plus I have a couple hundred ps3 games in my backllog...

But if Dark Souls 2 comes out for next gen I might change my mind :p

. Can you buy amazon gift cards at GameStop using trade credit? I've got some stuff to trade in that will cover over half of the pre-order.
Yeah, you can. They have the Kindle Cards up.
Question, are the Kindle Gift Cards physical cards or ones that print on the receipt? And can I cancel a preorder and use that money to buy some Kindle Gift cards? I put 100 down on the PS4 at GS but now I would rather use that 100 and the extra 200 I have in credit to preorder a launch edition PS4 from Amazon.
[SIZE=11.818181991577148px]physical cards and i canceled all my preorders and got 200 worth of cards so your safe [/SIZE]

I scored an Amazon launch edition. I may just play drive club and whatever is on plus before I decide on launch titles. Trying to decide between madden, Killzone and battlefield 4.

I am just curious.

Ha, Ha, I am also on that middle class line, so this is one of those few luxuries I save up for. Though I've almost talked myself out of it a few times, money comes and goes, but heck we all have vices, if I gave up energy drinks/coffee for a few months, that'd easily pay for it.

Is anyone interested in the PS camera?
No interest here, If it works with Move, i'm over motion gaming all together.
Same here, the Wii was enough for me to learn my lesson; I was happy to see the launch, a console, a controller and an HDMI cable, thats all I want my gaming console to be.

I am just curious.

You want the blunt truth? Some people simply make a lot of money, and don't really care about spending some of it once every few months. If you're making $100k+ a year and living like a frugal person, that's a lot of extra cash to throw around, even after savings.

Do Best Buys usually do Midnight openings for system launches?  I wanna preorder at BB for the low preorder requirement compared to GS.  Did BB's have midnight openings for WiiU or Xbox Slims?

I am just curious.

Most CAG's are paying for one (if not both) with trade credit from GS. The current promotions (50% coupon for renewing PUR, trade 3/5/7 for $10/20/35) have been great ways to simultaneously build credit and clear backlogs. Add in the Kindle cards now at GS and its a no brainer.

As for me, I'm sticking with just PS4 right now. Debating trying to find a PS3 for cheap this year as well...

Pawn shops are a great place to find a cheap PS3, I just picked one up last week (320 GB Slim model) for $130.

I am just curious.

Most CAG's are paying for one (if not both) with trade credit from GS. The current promotions (50% coupon for renewing PUR, trade 3/5/7 for $10/20/35) have been great ways to simultaneously build credit and clear backlogs. Add in the Kindle cards now at GS and its a no brainer.

As for me, I'm sticking with just PS4 right now. Debating trying to find a PS3 for cheap this year as well...
This. I have $1,600 in gamestop credit building up for my next-gen fund ($1,400 now after the 2 pre-orders). Getting both consoles at launch and if they release a relatively inexpensive wheel for Forza 5 I'll get that too.

I am just curious.

I don't think this is true at all.

My Playstation 4 Launch edition on amazon order now links to the standard edition, which does not have release date delivery. I can no longer even find the launch edition not in a bundle :/. Anyone else getting this?

Edit: Talked to CS, looks like I've still got the launch edition. Luckily amazon doesn't charge before shipping so I went ahead and ordered a Watch Dogs bundle too. The messaging is confusing and I don't want to screw myself out of a launch unit.

It was said before that if you have B00BGA9WK2 in your address bar when you look at your order then it's a launch edition. I don't know if that's true or not but it was said :)
Thank you for not making me dig. I've received word from CS that I do in fact have a launch edition, and when I check my order page I have B00BGA9WK2 in the address bar.

Got a question and figured I'd ask here before I ask CS. I have a launch edition preorder on Amazon. Would I be able to get gift cards and add them onto my order? Was thinking about getting a $50 gift card every week and adding it to my order, that way when it's released I'll have it paid off. Does anyone know of that's possible?

bread's done
Back