PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Got a question and figured I'd ask here before I ask CS. I have a launch edition preorder on Amazon. Would I be able to get gift cards and add them onto my order? Was thinking about getting a $50 gift card every week and adding it to my order, that way when it's released I'll have it paid off. Does anyone know of that's possible?
You could get a GC every week and add it to your account, but it would be used for other purchases (unless you uncheck the box).

Since you haven't been charged for the PS4 yet, and you won't be until release, you can't apply any gift credit to it until the actual moment where the price is committed.

This. I have $1,600 in gamestop credit building up for my next-gen fund ($1,400 now after the 2 pre-orders). Getting both consoles at launch and if they release a relatively inexpensive wheel for Forza 5 I'll get that too.
One thing I will never figure out is how people get this much trade in credit. Do you guys flip or just save up your credit? The only time I trade in games is when I know there is something that I want.

I might consider trading in a few games even though there isn't much I want to trade in that's worth anything.

This. I have $1,600 in gamestop credit building up for my next-gen fund ($1,400 now after the 2 pre-orders). Getting both consoles at launch and if they release a relatively inexpensive wheel for Forza 5 I'll get that too.
One thing I will never figure out is how people get this much trade in credit. Do you guys flip or just save up your credit? The only time I trade in games is when I know there is something that I want.

I might consider trading in a few games even though there isn't much I want to trade in that's worth anything.
I don't use GameStop but most of them get it by buying things on clearance and flipping it.

My launch edition links to standard edition now too. I just talked to amazon CS and they assured me that I have launch edition and i will receive it on release day. It took some grilling to finally get them to confirm it without a doubt but it's worked out I hope.

My launch edition links to standard edition now too. I just talked to amazon CS and they assured me that I have launch edition and i will receive it on release day. It took some grilling to finally get them to confirm it without a doubt but it's worked out I hope.
I think it is because the Launch Edition page no longer exists, they have completely taken it down. I assume they just redirected everything.

I think they could have done something to make it clearer in terms of what is happening in terms of launch vs. standard. Maybe have some sort of easy to read queue page that shows how many consoles they think they will have day one and where you are at in the queue?

Thank you sir.

Btw I can't figure out how the new CAG mobile page works. How to you reply to someone?
Yeah, I'm having some issues with the new site this morning, mostly the quick reply is completely broken for me.

I am just curious.

How are you people able to afford both consoles at launch?
For starters, I paid off my PS4 COMPLETELY with Best Buy Reward Zone certificates that I've been banking since Fall of last year, and I don't even use a BB credit card. RZ Certificates deduct tax as well, so it feels good seeing $0.00 come up as the grand total on my in-store pickup page. I should have enough points accrued again by then to cover at least a free controller, and also have $100 in Shopkick points saved up to help cover my launch games, and will probably be closer to $140 by then.

My goal is to pay $0 out of pocket for my PS4, controller, and 2 games.

I am just curious.

Be sensible with your spending and save money. If you are trying to scoop two consoles or even one and have issues affording it, maybe you are in the wrong hobby.
I am just curious.

Be sensible with your spending and save money. If you are trying to scoop two consoles or even one and have issues affording it, maybe you are in the wrong hobby.

The way Amazon is handling the PS4 preorders with launch/standard edition no longer clearly defined reeks to me of "Oops there was a mixup" on launch day. Makes me nervous, which is why I made them confirm to me without a doubt that mine is scheduled to be delivered on launch day.

The way Amazon is handling the PS4 preorders with launch/standard edition no longer clearly defined reeks to me of "Oops there was a mixup" on launch day. Makes me nervous, which is why I made them confirm to me without a doubt that mine is scheduled to be delivered on launch day.
I'm in the same boat. All signs point to me having a launch day edition (i got the email) but its not clearly defined. Since I'm getting Knack and Killzone I'm wondering if I should cancel and get a bundle, but I'm worried that may put me far into the back of a queue in case there does end up being a short allocation.

Regarding the Amazon game bundle things, is there any benefit at all to ordering one of the bundles instead of just ordering the game and console seperately? I forgot to pre order a game when I pre ordered the console.

I just called up my nearest Gamestop and they're still taking pre orders for launch day. That got me hyped up enough to get a fairly good amount of stuff together to trade in. I was hoping to find a 50% trade bonus coupon somewhere but no such luck there.

I'm going to head over there in a bit to see what it all tallys up to.

I'm in the same boat. All signs point to me having a launch day edition (i got the email) but its not clearly defined. Since I'm getting Knack and Killzone I'm wondering if I should cancel and get a bundle, but I'm worried that may put me far into the back of a queue in case there does end up being a short allocation.
If it still states Release Day Delivery is Guaranteed then you have nothing to worry about. Amazon is usually pretty good about allocating enough product.

I just called up my nearest Gamestop and they're still taking pre orders for launch day. That got me hyped up enough to get a fairly good amount of stuff together to trade in. I was hoping to find a 50% trade bonus coupon somewhere but no such luck there.

I was thinking of going to Gamestop for this too but I know for CE's you need $25 down now, anyone know what that amount is for consoles?

I was thinking of going to Gamestop for this too but I know for CE's you need $25 down now, anyone know what that amount is for consoles?
$100

I am just curious.

This is a great answer.

There are people from all walks of life that are gamers, so of course some people can afford to buy both without thinking about it, while others will have to choose one and hope they can come up with enough to pay for it, while there are still others who are just able to get on either the 360 or PS3 bandwagon. Sometimes a bit of perspective will answer the question for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it still states Release Day Delivery is Guaranteed then you have nothing to worry about. Amazon is usually pretty good about allocating enough product.
Well, technically it says "Gauranteed". :)

Yeah I decided I wanted to see "Launch" in there, so Cancelled and ordered the Knack bundle with Killzone on the side.

Doesn't the launch day bundles on amazon, include a year of PS+? And you save $10 I believe. It would be $400 for the ps4, $50 for the plus, and $60 for the game. And they are $499.

What games are you guys preordering for launch? Seems like Watch Dogs is popular from looking at Amazon top 20 list.
Probably Watch Dogs, I guess. I am just waiting to see who has the best pre-order deal.

Any website with no tax for California?
Speaking from someone from CA, none that I know of.

Now, with that being said, there are some 3rd party Amazon sellers who do not charge sales tax, if you are willing to go that route.

Personally, I have long since already accepted days of no sales tax on Amazon are over.
Online sales tax is only going to get charged by more and more websites. They are passing a bill soon, if they haven't already that makes it madatory to collect it online for all tax locations. It will take awhile to implement, but it will come.

I've been paying taxes at Amazon for almost 10 years now, and don't t think twice about it.

Got a question and figured I'd ask here before I ask CS. I have a launch edition preorder on Amazon. Would I be able to get gift cards and add them onto my order? Was thinking about getting a $50 gift card every week and adding it to my order, that way when it's released I'll have it paid off. Does anyone know of that's possible?
You could get a GC every week and add it to your account, but it would be used for other purchases (unless you uncheck the box).

Since you haven't been charged for the PS4 yet, and you won't be until release, you can't apply any gift credit to it until the actual moment where the price is committed.
Actually, this is not true, you can add gift cards to the order. To do this go to your order history and next to your PS4 order there should be an option to "change payment method" click on that, select the credit card you originally had selected to pay for it, and then the next screen will have an area for you to add gift cards to pay for that order specifically, it's near the bottom of the page.

I pre-ordered immediately after E3 at bestbuy.com.  I pre-ordered another one in store at BB just to make sure they don't screw anything up.  Now, here is to hoping BB doesn't fold by November.

I pre-ordered immediately after E3 at bestbuy.com.  I pre-ordered another one in store at BB just to make sure they don't screw anything up.  Now, here is to hoping BB doesn't fold by November.

Pre-Ordered at gamestop this morning and was told that I also had to pre-order one game in order for them to take the reservation. Did anyone else experience this or was it a douchey-McDouche move by that employee?
i preorder this morning and didn't get that.

[quote name="Jay" post="10837994" timestamp="1371488111"][quote name="Kingmob46" post="10614774" timestamp="1370967794"]
Pre-Ordered at gamestop this morning and was told that I also had to pre-order one game in order for them to take the reservation.  Did anyone else experience this or was it a douchey-McDouche move by that employee?
[/quote]

Just cause you preordered the game, I would think you didn't have to pick it up. Unless its somehow tied together like on amazing or the GameStop website.

Last night the Launch Edition page was gone, but it is showing right now.  Its showing:

Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

However, it is showing that this is the version I preordered.  

when i traded my ps3 to preorder  the ps4 the guy said i couldn't use the 30% extra offer, but some people said they did -_-  just check gs website the offer is gone, did say it was until the 23th

*phew* i just opened this thread to see what the fuss was about...i pre-ordered my PS4 the day of the E3 announcement, checked my emails and got a "Launch Edition" PS4 email, so i think i'm set.

quick question about the PSN - i just bought a year of PSN from Best Buy - if i bought two of these and use one today, would i be able to redeem the second one post PS4 launch?

I reserved mine last night at GameStop and completely paid it off. The manager told me they are getting 46 PS4s and 6 X1 LOL. I reserved it with FIFA 14. My Wife Reserved hers as well with the new assassins creed.

Yes that is possible. I have the Launch edition pre ordered at Amazon and got an Amazon GC at GameStop Saturday and applied it to my pre order. Works great.

Yes that is possible. I have the Launch edition pre ordered at Amazon and got an Amazon GC at GameStop Saturday and applied it to my pre order. Works great.
How so? I planned on doing the same thing, but I don't see an option to do this. I have Amazon credit ready to apply, but unless I cancel and re-order, it doesn't even show any option to do this.

[quote name="Kingmob46" post="10614774" timestamp="1370967794"]
Pre-Ordered at gamestop this morning and was told that I also had to pre-order one game in order for them to take the reservation. Did anyone else experience this or was it a douchey-McDouche move by that employee?

Just cause you preordered the game, I would think you didn't have to pick it up. Unless its somehow tied together like on amazing or the GameStop website.
I pre-ordered the PS4 at Gamestop yesterday and was not told I had to order a game. They asked me if I wanted to. They had 27 PS4 launch units left and 1 XBox left. I was surprised but then they told me they had 138 PS4 units allocated and only 16 XBox One units.

when i traded my ps3 to preorder the ps4 the guy said i couldn't use the 30% extra offer, but some people said they did -_- just check gs website the offer is gone, did say it was until the 23th
The offer that lasts until the 23rd is the pre-order offer. The e3 30% offer that included the PS4 only lasted until the 16th.

put down a preorder for the PS4 Watch Dogs bundle on Amazon, will probably preorder an extra controller and the camera once I get my next paycheck. As far games go, I will wait until the full list launch titles are revealed before I preorder any of them but so far I'm interested in the new Killzone game, AC IV Black Flag and Infamous Second Son.

has it been announced if you're able to use PS Plus membership codes on PS4's version of PSN?  i'm on the fence on whether or not i should get one more year of PS Plus from Best Buy

when i traded my ps3 to preorder  the ps4 the guy said i couldn't use the 30% extra offer, but some people said they did -_-  just check gs website the offer is gone, did say it was until the 23th
The offer that lasts until the 23rd is the pre-order offer. The e3 30% offer that included the PS4 only lasted until the 16th.
not only that, but under the fine print it says "GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice."

put down a preorder for the PS4 Watch Dogs bundle on Amazon, will probably preorder an extra controller and the camera once I get my next paycheck. As far games go, I will wait until the full list launch titles are revealed before I preorder any of them but so far I'm interested in the new Killzone game, AC IV Black Flag and Infamous Second Son.
Hoping Diablo 3 makes the launch list myself. I have a lot of faith it will play a lot better on the PS4 than my experience on the PC.

Hoping Diablo 3 makes the launch list myself. I have a lot of faith it will play a lot better on the PS4 than my experience on the PC.
I hear they improved the loot system?

How so? I planned on doing the same thing, but I don't see an option to do this. I have Amazon credit ready to apply, but unless I cancel and re-order, it doesn't even show any option to do this.
Under 'My Orders' click 'Order Summary' and at the bottom there's an option to add a gift card and enter the code and apply.

Got mine in at GS Friday while picking up Last of Us.  I'm worried because the manager girl said it was the last day they were taking orders.  She swore up and down I'd still be guarenteed one, but just taking as many preorders as possible in however many days and not keeping count of the number is worrisome.  I have a couple of other employees there that I'm friendly with, so hopefully they'll give me more info before I go trading in my PS3/collection towards it.  Either way, I'll still be picking it up.

has it been announced if you're able to use PS Plus membership codes on PS4's version of PSN? i'm on the fence on whether or not i should get one more year of PS Plus from Best Buy
Yes, it has been confirmed that your subscription of PS+ will carry over to the PS4, just like it did with the Vita.

Longtime 360 supporter but decided it was time to make the switch.

I preordered the PS4 at my local GameStop yesterday. I was #24 out of 40 for PS4. They only had 10 XBOX One preorders which were all taken. They told me to preorder a controller and game but didn't require me to and were pretty nice about it.

Damnit Newegg soldout.  I'd rather not pay the tax at Amazon, guess it's time to play the waiting game on Newegg.

If I sign up for the Amazon Prime free trial tonight when I preorder my PS4/Watchdog Launch Day bundle, will I get free release day shipping or do I need to wait until a month before it launches?  Or am I just screwed and need to just pay the 8 bucks and deal with it?  

Also, can I change my payment option after I click order?  I want to use Amazon giftcards from GameStop but I don't yet have them so should I tell amazon to charge my credit card and then switch it to the giftcards?

Sorry, I am not a big amazon user yet, but I am starting to use it more as I am noticing they are pretty cheap with most products.  Thanks guys.

If I sign up for the Amazon Prime free trial tonight when I preorder my PS4/Watchdog Launch Day bundle, will I get free release day shipping or do I need to wait until a month before it launches? Or am I just screwed and need to just pay the 8 bucks and deal with it?

Also, can I change my payment option after I click order? I want to use Amazon giftcards from GameStop but I don't yet have them so should I tell amazon to charge my credit card and then switch it to the giftcards?

Sorry, I am not a big amazon user yet, but I am starting to use it more as I am noticing they are pretty cheap with most products. Thanks guys.
Yes. Anything you order under Prime will qualify even if your Prime is expired at shipping time.

Yes, As indicated a few posts above with how to do it. They also don't charge until it ships.

bread's done
Back