PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

I noticed the Best Buy preorder on PS4 was charged to my account on 6/17/13, but not the Xbox One. Anyone else get charged yet on their preorder from Best Buy?
I believe this is how BB handles preorders. They do a preauth weekly to verify the card is good. It eventually falls off, but if you have a low credit limit it could cause problems for you.
This is true and is why I will never pre-order anything from them again. What a horrible, horrible business practice.

Are all Launch Edition consoles from Amazon supposed to have free launch day shipping?  I don't see that as an option for my order.

Are all Launch Edition consoles from Amazon supposed to have free launch day shipping? I don't see that as an option for my order.
It's free if you have prime, and if you do not have prime it is only about 8 bucks (or at least it was for me) and it isn't technically called launch day shipping, it is actually 2-day shipping but that will be at your house on the release date.

For your guy's money if you have to trust one store to get it right and deliver your console on day one, are you going amazon or GameStop?
To be 100% sure day one? GameStop. You can't control UPS so if your shipment gets delayed, you're not getting it day one. Amazon is good, but they're not 100% when it comes to RDD for me. I can always count on GS to have my stuff waiting on day one for over 15 years now. If tax is a factor, Amazon is the way to go but otherwise a spotless track record from GS is your best bet.
Were you guys not around for the console launches last gen? Preordering at Gamestop didn't mean crap unless you camped out for multiple days in front of the store. We can be all optimistic and think that each store will get enough to fill preorders, but that sure as hell isn't what happened last time. Stores got like 6-10 consoles each and it was first come, first serve for preorders.

I was not around for last gen's launch.  I am ok with getting my console on day 2 or 3.  Will I really need to camp out to pick up a preorder?  cause that is really not a possibility for me.

I was not around for last gen's launch. I am ok with getting my console on day 2 or 3. Will I really need to camp out to pick up a preorder? cause that is really not a possibility for me.
I had an Xbox 360 preorder at gamestop and didn't get one on release day. At least they called me to say I was SOL. I had to camp out at a walmart and really had a good time. I live near Seattle and some Microsoft employees who had worked on the 360 development came by with free xbox shirts and other stuff for those of us in line. I used the credit at gamestop to get 360 games but they still called me when my preorder showed up....a month later. I did the preorder about two days after they first opened up for the 360.

so i preordered at BB during the 2nd day when preorders went up. put down $50 and will eventually pay it little by little before release date.. hopefully i do get a guaranteed console on launch day. i would be so pissed if my store messes this up. 

Last edited by a moderator:
so i preordered at BB during the 2nd day when preorders went up. put down $50 and will eventually pay it little by little before release date.. hopefully i do get a guaranteed console on launch day. i would be so pissed if my store messes this up.
I pre-ordered my Wii U at BB at I'd advise you to try to make it to the midnight launch or go real early in the morning. I've heard they sell the systems no matter if you have a pre-order or not. I got one of the last two If I remember correctly so you really should be make sure you pay it off so it's unlikely they don't keep yours.

man, what's the point of pre-ordering then?

Looks like I have to rethink this.
Depends on where you pre-order. Amazon will be more likely you'll receive yours on release. Gamestop only allows pre-orders on how much they're getting store to store and they stop them with they sell out. Best Buy, Target, and Walmart ETC are the ones you should be somewhat worried.

I pre-ordered my Wii U at BB at I'd advise you to try to make it to the midnight launch or go real early in the morning. I've heard they sell the systems no matter if you have a pre-order or not. I got one of the last two If I remember correctly so you really should be make sure you pay it off so it's unlikely they don't keep yours.
Man that sucks! I did preorder games before in that store and they usually have the preorders stocked in the back and not on shelves. I'll probably have to go to that store a day or two before launch and demand that they put my name in one of the boxes. hehe!

I went through the craziness getting my PS3 at launch, just to have it crap out in less than a year. I think I'll just hold off on the PS4 for a while. No rush, I still have plenty of games for the PS3 I haven't gotten around to playing.

Still though... I'd love to get one. haha.

Hm, what kind of cables are going to come with the PS4? Are we going to get an HDMI cable right out of the box or are we going to have to get that separately?

For your guy's money if you have to trust one store to get it right and deliver your console on day one, are you going amazon or GameStop?
To be 100% sure day one? GameStop. You can't control UPS so if your shipment gets delayed, you're not getting it day one. Amazon is good, but they're not 100% when it comes to RDD for me. I can always count on GS to have my stuff waiting on day one for over 15 years now. If tax is a factor, Amazon is the way to go but otherwise a spotless track record from GS is your best bet.
Were you guys not around for the console launches last gen? Preordering at Gamestop didn't mean crap unless you camped out for multiple days in front of the store. We can be all optimistic and think that each store will get enough to fill preorders, but that sure as hell isn't what happened last time. Stores got like 6-10 consoles each and it was first come, first serve for preorders.
The Gamestop employees I talked to said I was already in the first shipment and would be getting mine on launch. I also have it fully paid off. I also live in a pretty small town so I doubt there will be many people 'camping out'.

However if what you're saying is true I don't see how they can do that. They took my money, all $450 something of it. Are you saying there is a possibility they won't hold my console for me if someone comes in? Because that seems borderline illegal if it's something I've already paid in full.

Now if they have less stock than they expected than I can understand but from what I've been told by all employees there will be plenty of stock.

Anyone know if and when wal-mart will start taking pre-orders, and if they require the entire amount down?. I talked to a guy there yesterday who had absolutely no clue said "if we had pre-orders they'd be on a card near the gold cards" and knew nothing more unfort.
bumpers

Anyone know if and when wal-mart will start taking pre-orders, and if they require the entire amount down?. I talked to a guy there yesterday who had absolutely no clue said "if we had pre-orders they'd be on a card near the gold cards" and knew nothing more unfort.
bumpers

I doo'd it.

I went through the craziness getting my PS3 at launch, just to have it crap out in less than a year. I think I'll just hold off on the PS4 for a while. No rush, I still have plenty of games for the PS3 I haven't gotten around to playing.

Still though... I'd love to get one. haha.

Hm, what kind of cables are going to come with the PS4? Are we going to get an HDMI cable right out of the box or are we going to have to get that separately?
It is supposed to have an HDMI cable and a modest starter head set included in the box this time. The PS-Eye camera is sold separately for $59. And thank goodness for that.

I decided to go ahead and pre-order from Amazon as well since I don't fully trust GameStop. Lol some people on here have me paranoid now! Either way I'm still getting Watch Dogs at launch, anything else I want we should be able to buy digitally day one. Works for me!

Just did my trade-ins at GameStop and got about $188 in credit, going to spend it on Kindle cards to put towards my Watch Dogs Launch Bundle pre-order on Amazon :D

I would have pre-ordered from the GameStop I was at because the people who work ere are awesome and ere's never been any problems here, but I'll most likely be moving by the time the PS4 actually comes out, don't want to have to go back and cancel everything and redo it somewhere else.

I was not around for last gen's launch. I am ok with getting my console on day 2 or 3. Will I really need to camp out to pick up a preorder? cause that is really not a possibility for me.
Gamestop (and other retailers) had problems with the Xbox 360 launch. Remember that the Wii and PS3 launched a year later and they were much better about taking way fewer preorders so that they could fulfill them all. Now I'm sure a few stores didn't get the full allotment or sold them to walk-ins but I had no problem getting my two preordered systems from Gamestop back then. I also had no problem getting the Wii U there (and they did sell out of that first shipment). I'm not worried about the PS4 and I preordered it to make sure I get it day one. I do have an Xbox One preorder at Amazon though (because my GS sold out of their whopping 4-5 allotment by the time I went in the next day for the PS4 preorders ;)).

I decided to go ahead and pre-order from Amazon as well since I don't fully trust GameStop. Lol some people on here have me paranoid now! Either way I'm still getting Watch Dogs at launch, anything else I want we should be able to buy digitally day one. Works for me!
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about Gamestop. If they have problems it will be because Sony shorts them and the same thing could happen to Amazon as well in that case. I am wondering how GS can take so many more PS4 preorders than Xbox One, though. I have a feeling that probably has more to do with Kinect. PS4 consoles are probably pretty easy to put together so maybe Sony has confidence in delivering a pretty huge amount upon launch.

The Gamestop employees I talked to said I was already in the first shipment and would be getting mine on launch. I also have it fully paid off. I also live in a pretty small town so I doubt there will be many people 'camping out'.

However if what you're saying is true I don't see how they can do that. They took my money, all $450 something of it. Are you saying there is a possibility they won't hold my console for me if someone comes in? Because that seems borderline illegal if it's something I've already paid in full.

Now if they have less stock than they expected than I can understand but from what I've been told by all employees there will be plenty of stock.
I meant the latter. Stores didn't get enough to fill all preorders so you had to wait weeks to get one even though you preordered. Hopefully that won't happen this time. I can totally see Microsoft going for artificial scarcity just so they can celebrate being 'sold out' everywhere, which would be in line with how skewed the ps4 vs xbone allotment numbers being reported are.

Based on how the 360 launch went while I worked at gamestop I could totally see Microsoft acting like there's a lot less units then there are. I don't think gs is going to take too many orders. Doesn't make me worry any less yet but I have faith

I just got back from a 2 week vacation so I read the OP and the last few pages of this thread and I didn't see it mentioned but are any Best Buy's sold out of in-store preorders for the PS4 console?  I assume not since the website doesn't even have it available yet.

The OP should be updated because Best Buy's website has the PS4 console up for preorder.

I just got back from a 2 week vacation so I read the OP and the last few pages of this thread and I didn't see it mentioned but are any Best Buy's sold out of in-store preorders for the PS4 console? I assume not since the website doesn't even have it available yet.

The OP should be updated because Best Buy's website has the PS4 console up for preorder.
i think someone posted before even if you preorder at best buy your not 100% sure your getting one.. They are going to open at midnight and its first come first serve.... so even if you have a preorder does not mean your getting one... that is why im staying away from best buy

I just got back from a 2 week vacation so I read the OP and the last few pages of this thread and I didn't see it mentioned but are any Best Buy's sold out of in-store preorders for the PS4 console? I assume not since the website doesn't even have it available yet.

i think someone posted before even if you preorder at best buy your not 100% sure your getting one.. They are going to open at midnight and its first come first serve.... so even if you have a preorder does not mean your getting one... that is why im staying away from best buy
That would not make any sense. Why would a retailer take pre-orders only to do it that way. I bet a store will put out a sign the night before if their whole allotment is pre-ordered so people don't waste their time.

Anywhere else other then gamestop offing trade in bonuses(not BB - their preordering is awful). Looking to get rid of a lot of my crummy 360 games(and my broken console) to put towards a new console.

Anywhere else other then gamestop offing trade in bonuses(not BB - their preordering is awful). Looking to get rid of a lot of my crummy 360 games(and my broken console) to put towards a new console.
Try ebaying. Probably your best return. I usually print labels at home and give to my mailman. Usually have tons of extra packaging. Amazon also does a trade in program, as does bestbuy.

My local GameStop and Best Buy don't know what they are doing so I pre ordered at Amazon the day after the announcements and just received my email that I am getting a launch console which pleases me. I'm interested in trading my Star Wars 360 in at Amazon since they are offering 225 for it. It needs to come with everything correct? Also I've been hearing they are really picky too so is it even worth sending out there?
My local GameStop and Best Buy don't know what they are doing so I pre ordered at Amazon the day after the announcements and just received my email that I am getting a launch console which pleases me. I'm interested in trading my Star Wars 360 in at Amazon since they are offering 225 for it. It needs to come with everything correct? Also I've been hearing they are really picky too so is it even worth sending out there?

If you have everything it came with when you first bought it and it works the way it should you shouldn't worry about it. Just make sure you choose to have it returned back to you incase they do downgrade it for some reason. They pay to ship it both ways so it doessn't matter.

I preordered both via Amazon the day they went up. The remote play with Vita being a standard is way more valuable to me than a Kinect. I'm not sure Sony has even committed to a month to launch. Wouldn't it be great if they snuck it out in October!? It would be smart and they have been clever so far. They'd sell more 1st party games and have time for 2-3 more waves of systems to hit before Xmas.

I preordered the Watch Dogs bundle on Monday through Amazon finally. I plan on trading in a bunch of old hardware and games to GS for credit, which should be around $350 according to current trade in values/promos. I have another $80 in gift cards already which means I should only have to put around $38 in cash towards the system.

That's not true. I did this for the WiiU and waltzed in on release day to pick up my set aside console. Best Buy will definitely be a good place to get one day of.
Seconded. Doing store pickup at Best Buy might actually be one of the best ways to guarantee a console day 1 and not have to wait in some sort of horrible line. Doing the in-store preorder where you only have to put $25 down, however, is probably much less reliable.

I preordered the Launch version on Amazon after I received an email notification from them.  Since I have prime I should be guaranteed launch day arrival.  

I traded in my Xbox 360 which I don't play anymore and a bunch of games at gamestop and have $234 of it paid off!!

I preordered at Gamestop and traded in my 360 and most of my games and I have like $150 left to pay off! Woohoo I can't wait, oh and I preordered Battlefield 4.

I have one preordered from Amazon, but was going to cancel it and preorder at Gamestop because I expected they were doing a midnight release.  When I went in to day the sales guy said he didnt think Gamestop was doing  a midnight release for either of the consoles.  Doesnt anyone remember if they did a MNR with any of the older consoles? 

Well I already pre-ordered mine at BestBuy a few days ago and today I was guaranteed to get it on launch date. Hopefully they keep their word and I don't have any problems on launch day.  

I have one preordered from Amazon, but was going to cancel it and preorder at Gamestop because I expected they were doing a midnight release. When I went in to day the sales guy said he didnt think Gamestop was doing a midnight release for either of the consoles. Doesnt anyone remember if they did a MNR with any of the older consoles?
I think GameStop sold Wii U consoles last year during normal hours, so they could get more bundled games/accessory sales.

It seems like that rumor a long time ago about like 10 million ps4s worldwide by christmas might be true if still doing preorders and amazon saying 2500 per minute

Decided to go with the watch dogs bundle, seems like the most fun out of the next gen launch titles besides Killzone.

ugh, i really hope this does not affect my pre-order by them over ordering. I really don't want to have to go out and camp out just to get my pre-order.

Can I preorder a PS4 and pick it up next year? I can't afford it this year.
No. You are normally given 48-72 hours to pick up your reservation. If it's not picked up, it will be sold to the general public and you will be refunded.

I would of probably of traded in/sold my PS3 already but I gotta play the last of us, and the PSN+ added some games I havent played like UC3 and Saints row3 and others.

Also it sucks that there is no anniversary madden 25 for PS4/X1 ... I may be forced to buy the PS3 version which I didn't want to do.

bread's done
Back