PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

I just realized I'm going to have to buy a stand too.  Probably another 50 bux, hope one comes with the PS4 though.

Pre-ordered PS4 and Killzone.

Hmm im stuck on what site has the best bundle, i do like Amazon with bf4 and ps+ but i have a feeling Ea is going to do another premium edition so why waste money. Idk if i should pre order the watchdogs bundle, the game looks great but i have a feeling i'll get tired of it quickly.

Used my $375 in Gamestop credit to buy $375 in Amazon Kindle gift cards to almost pay off the PS4  Launch pre-order.  Can't decide if i want to get another game beside Killzone at this point.

I'm going to go with Best Buy and pre-order one in the middle of July. Assuming that they are still taking them at that point. I'd rather have the Reward Zone Points than the Power Up Rewards points. That's really the only reason I'm choosing one over the other. Between Reward Zone, Viggle, and Shopkick, I'll have enough built up to get 3 games free once the system comes out.

Is shopkick worth it? I remember Viggle was preety good when it started, I would average about 1 $25 BBY gc per day. I stopped using it about a year ago when they increased the price on the gc and limited how many points you can earn per day.
Is shopkick worth it? I remember Viggle was preety good when it started, I would average about 1 $25 BBY gc per day. I stopped using it about a year ago when they increased the price on the gc and limited how many points you can earn per day.

Yeah, Viggle was awesome. I was getting rewards on a daily basis also. Surprised it went on as long as they let it.

I saw at Best Buy they were doing pre-orders with a minimum of $25 down.  Figure I'll go ahead and do that, then just pay it off once I get back from Wizard World in August.

Is anyone else panicking about their Gamestop pre-order? Even though I paid $100 the night of Sony's E3 announcement, these unlimited orders makes me think we aren't gonna be guaranteed anything. Guess I should of went with Amazon instead of using the ps4 to burn Gamestop credit.

:whistle2:( :whistle2:( :whistle2:( :whistle2:( :whistle2:( :whistle2:( :whistle2:( :whistle2:( :whistle2:( :whistle2:? :whistle2:? :whistle2:? :whistle2:? :whistle2:? :whistle2:? :whistle2:? :whistle2:? :whistle2:? :???:

Last edited by a moderator:
If they burn me on the pre-order and don't hold my reserve for the claimed 48 hours, I have about 50 receipts I'll use for their stupid survey s and bring that stores reputation in a rough place. They wouldn't get another dollar from me, I can tell you that. I have a back up pre-order with Amazon though, but I won't know if I need to utilize it until its too late. Lol I am not buying two PS4s.

Is anyone else panicking about their Gamestop pre-order? Even though I paid $100 the night of Sony's E3 announcement, these unlimited orders makes me think we aren't gonna be guaranteed anything. Guess I should of went with Amazon instead of using the ps4 to burn Gamestop credit.
You should call the store to confirm your pre-order everyday until the launch.

Companies are getting better at preorder demands over time.  Look at the Wii U.  It was sold out at most retailers for the week upon release week and supply shipments were sent out within the 2nd week of release.  The scarcity issue didn't become much of a factor.  FWIW, my local GS (before today's preorder bump) had been authorized to sell 82 PS4's and 12 XB1's according to my GS manager.

I will leave some nasty surveys If I get screwed over at gamestop. They told me to my face that mines was pre-ordered, and I did mines the morning after the Sony PC...

I had a launch PS4 from amazon and had them add Watch Dogs to the order. I got an email today about how an item I ordered was upgraded to release day delivery and Watch Dogs was cited as said item. I checked the order and realized my shipping costs were increased, I'm guessing when they added the game to the order. Being curious I went and checked how much the bundle shipping costs were and it was $2 cheaper. Anyone know if Amazon will knock the $2 off? or should I just cancel that order and grab a bundle order?

For those that did the Amazon preorder, is it possible to have any promotional/trade in credit I will have earned prior to release applied to my order?

Shortage is a given.  If Best Buy is allowing unlimited preorders on PS4, there is no way all of them are getting them on release.  With what could be a huge wait list, it will just state that future shipments will also be in shortage. 

:whistle2:( :whistle2:( :whistle2:( :whistle2:( :whistle2:( :whistle2:( :whistle2:( :whistle2:( :whistle2:( :whistle2:? :whistle2:? :whistle2:? :whistle2:? :whistle2:? :whistle2:? :whistle2:? :whistle2:? :whistle2:? :???:

2 AM after the PS4 E3, I put my order in (just in case) with Amazon. When dealing with anything important, you should never go Gamestop if Amazon is an option. Amazon is the better company. Gamestop is just a bad company that wants to screw you if they can. Expect it to come when you least want it to.

Like a cold day in November when everyone else is happily unwrapping their shiny, fresh plastic-y scented PS4, loading up Killzone and Watch Dogs and signing up for Netflix. And you would be, too. Except you're not.

Instead, you're reading an email from Gamestop.com that says, "Thanks for ordering a PS4. Unfortunately, due to demand and sell-through, our initial allotment of PS4's have sold out. We assure you that you will receive your PS4 in the exact order we processed your orders. Unfortunately, due to an unforeseen system glitch, we processed the orders in reverse order of when they were ordered. For your patience, we extend our heartfelt thanks to you for your loyalty. It's people like you that keep us in business. You should be receiving your order as soon as possible."

You might even hear a couple of weeks later through the grapevine (or Black Friday threads on CAG/SD/FW) that Gamestop suddenly has Xbox One's and PS4 bundles for their Black Friday sales. All at MSRP + a healthy $50 profit, but it would say, "Fresh off the truck, the next gen waiting for you! Preorder and not get yours? Come endure BF and get yourself one! Each store guaranteed ten units! No rainchecks."

When you call Gamestop, they'd tell you that they still haven't gotten any new standalone systems or the specific bundle you ordered even if the bundle advertised is the same console+games listed. That bundle is a special BF-only bundle that was not up for preorder because it also has the surcharge. It has a special SKU and everything. But if someone buys it, they'll find there's a sticker with a different SKU pasted over the original SKU, which just so happens to the same SKU you preordered. If you think this has never been done before in retail, you would be mistaken.

Seems like it happened a lot with the PS2 launch and at least some with the 360/Wii launches.

People need to be realistic come PS4 release day that somewhere there is going to be a shortage. Each GameStop is only going to get "X" amount of PS4 to be evenly distributed. Those stores that have a long list of pre-orders....some people are going to end up on a waiting list.

Agree. I'm not sure how long the shortages will last, but if PS4 to Xbone ratio continues as one would imagine given a $100 price gap for a console seemingly destined to have an inferior experience (GPU, memory bandwidth), I think there MAY at least be shortages for the first month or so. Especially when that month includes Black Friday and Christmas...er.. I mean, Holiday 2013 (including Christmas and New Years) in the near term.

My local Gamestop received a total of five PS3s on launch day.   This was in a college town of about 40k population + 20,000 students.

Total PS3 launch day was in the area of 240,000 consoles.

Friend of mine who still lives in that area went in and was told they'd have 24 PS3s on launch day.

A simple extrapolation would mean they plan on having in the area of 1.2 million consoles available on launch day in the US.

I think this means that quite a few people are going to be disappointed.

I think I'm good, since I went to the Sony Store, and I have a sneaking suspicion that they'll want to make sure people who buy directly from the mothership are taken care of.

They keep track of pre-order number. I was told by the Gamestop manager where I pre-ordered (whose been an employee at that gamestop since it opened) and he told me that it will hand out systems by the number you pre-ordered. They'll hold the system for 24 hours and if you don't pick it up by then they'll move down the pre-order line. I think right now they're trying to get first shipment/second shipment pre-orders.

I'm hoping not to have shortage and everyone gets a console and is happy and we're all playing PS4 to our hearts content on release. I'd be lying if I said it doesn't worry me that they may be rushing to produce as many consoles as humanly possible though. As much as I want to receive a console on day one, I also want to receive a console that functions properly and doesn't malfunction within a day or two, or burn up in a month or so. 

For those that did the Amazon preorder, is it possible to have any promotional/trade in credit I will have earned prior to release applied to my order?
Trade-in credit can be applied to the order, just go to my ordered and then call on the order number itself. You'll see an option to apply the gift card balance. You would need to contact Amazon customer service for the promotional credit to apply.

Anyone recommend pre-ordering through Best Buy in-store?
I did that for the Wii U and it went perfectly. They pulled all the pre-orders, stuck them behind the customer service desk with names attached. Couldn't have gone smoother. Was in and out of BB in less than 10 minutes with console in hand.

I've been screwed over 3 separate times on pre-ordering through  2 different GS stores, I never use them anymore unless I'm interested in their physical Bonuses(i.e. Beyond: Two Souls), and never buy anything from them unless they have a sale.  Pre-ordered through Amazon about 10 minutes after the Sony presser(got the "launch edition") and have no worries at all.

I just came back from gamestop. I talked to one of the employees who I trust. He said that now they're taking enough preorders until basically it isn't in the system. Since he said I preordered it early I'll still have first dibs. I also have almost 300 down on it so I'll be super passed if they don't have one for me.

Anyone recommend pre-ordering through Best Buy in-store?
I pre-ordered at Best Buy for in-store pick-up using 100% Reward Zone certificates I've been banking since last year; felt good to see the total come out to $0.00, and $0.00 tax.

I prefer in-store pick-up for systems over pre-ordering in the store with a deposit, because the deposit can get you screwed if they botch the system.

For example, I pre-ordered the 3DS at Best Buy the day the SKU went up from their touch screen kiosk, but they didn't start making a list until a few months later when they started marketing the 3DS, and it wasn't just a best kept secret.

Because of this, I wasn't even on the list for release date allotment. I was the first in store to pre-order, but I pre-ordered so early that I wasn't even on the list at all. They had to override the list and knock someone else off to get me mine. I never want to go through that again.

With in-store pick-up, they are forced by the system to get a unit shipped from the warehouse and placed directly in the pick-up bins.

With the Wii U, I actually ordered one for in-store pick-up for myself, and put a $5 deposit down for a friend through the kiosk. We came at launch, and we had to wait for them to look me up on the list and then went to THE SALES FLOOR to pick mine up and sell it to me (this happens all the time). My in-store pick-up system was safely kept in the pick-up bin, though.

I can't tell you how many times I've pre-ordered games at Best Buy to have them actually walk out to the floor when I come to pick it up and bring it to me to sell; sometimes it's even one of the last copies they have left; what's the point of pre-ordering in such cases?

So, ultimately, pre-ordering through in-store pick-up on BestBuy.com is a MUCH safer bet than pre-ordering in-store, in my experience. In-store pick-up has a structured service protocol, while pre-orders are just them taking your money now and figuring out how to deal with saving you your product later, or lack thereof.

All Gamestop stores have the ability to print out reservations lists. It tells you when (time/date) items were pre-ordered. If there is a shortage, stores will probably be instructed to follow the list of pre-orders/reservations. At least that's how I plan to handle it at my store. I believe that is the fair way to handle the situation.

All Gamestop stores have the ability to print out reservations lists. It tells you when (time/date) items were pre-ordered. If there is a shortage, stores will probably be instructed to follow the list of pre-orders/reservations. At least that's how I plan to handle it at my store. I believe that is the fair way to handle the situation.
And the reservations list shows ... stuff that I preordered from the dawn of my Power Up Rewards (or EDGE) existence? If so, that's pretty useful. I know I have a preorder that I forgot to pick up, and should be able to convert that credit to Amazon credit. haha

And the reservations list shows ... stuff that I preordered from the dawn of my Power Up Rewards (or EDGE) existence? If so, that's pretty useful. I know I have a preorder that I forgot to pick up, and should be able to convert that credit to Amazon credit. haha
Current reservations on selected SKU. Meaning I can check my list of reservations on XBoxOne/PS4 systems or any item that has a reservation on it.

They keep track of pre-order number. I was told by the Gamestop manager where I pre-ordered (whose been an employee at that gamestop since it opened) and he told me that it will hand out systems by the number you pre-ordered. They'll hold the system for 24 hours and if you don't pick it up by then they'll move down the pre-order line. I think right now they're trying to get first shipment/second shipment pre-orders.
I would hope that's not true about only holding your PS4 for 24 hours. I was the 4th person to preorder at my local Gamestop and I paid for my preorder in full at that time. If I don't pick it up for 3 days, that's my prerogative, I paid for it already. I'm only mentioning this because I work out of state for weeks at a time thoughout the year.

I really hope that there are plenty of systems to go around, if only for the fact that I would like to see some resellers get burned. I saw it a little bit on craigslist with the Wii-U. These resellers are part of the reason launch days get so chaotic.

I would hope that's not true about only holding your PS4 for 24 hours. I was the 4th person to preorder at my local Gamestop and I paid for my preorder in full at that time. If I don't pick it up for 3 days, that's my prerogative, I paid for it already. I'm only mentioning this because I work out of state for weeks at a time thoughout the year.

I really hope that there are plenty of systems to go around, if only for the fact that I would like to see some resellers get burned. I saw it a little bit on craigslist with the Wii-U. These resellers are part of the reason launch days get so chaotic.
At gamestop everything has always been a 48 hour hold and then it's up for grabs. Doesn't matter if you've got it paid off or not. If you call though, I'm sure they'd work something out. That's always been the policy thiyghm

I'll be sure to pay mine off long before launch, already paid 200$ of it. The guys at my new store seem pretty nice though, and I have been sure to do the surveys on each of my receipts to get on their good sides lol.

Worst comes to worse and I still have my Amazon launch order as well.

Nope. I got mine fully paid off along with Watch Dogs & Battlefield 4 and they told me I was in the first shipment.

I also live in a small city so it's not like there is going to be people camped out and if there is they're still supposed to hold it for 48 hours so I SHOULD be able to pick it up the next day.

And if I show up that next day and they don't have my console I am going to go ballistic.

Nope. I got mine fully paid off along with Watch Dogs & Battlefield 4 and they told me I was in the first shipment.

I also live in a small city so it's not like there is going to be people camped out and if there is they're still supposed to hold it for 48 hours so I SHOULD be able to pick it up the next day.

And if I show up that next day and they don't have my console I am going to go ballistic.
Would love to hear how you went "ballistic." I sincerely hope they don't have it ;)

Would love to hear how you went "ballistic." I sincerely hope they don't have it ;)
By ballistic I mean just bitch and moan and be sad.

I went in to my local Gamestop today to do some trades and asked the guy if they will be reserving consoles for the 48 hour period, and he seemed confident that they would be holding pre-orders for at least that long. He said if you pre-order your console will be held for at least 48 hours, and up to a week if the store doesn't have a high demand for walk-ins after launch. I plan on picking it up within 24 hours on launch day, just not at midnight or super early in the morning, so I feel pretty confident in just sticking with my GS order. 

I pre-ordered my PS4 as soon as I got the email from Amazon and received an email that I got the Launch Edition. Thinking about pre-ordering the Watch Dog Bundle though (I was planning to get the game anyways). Opinions?

I pre-ordered my PS4 as soon as I got the email from Amazon and received an email that I got the Launch Edition. Thinking about pre-ordering the Watch Dog Bundle though (I was planning to get the game anyways). Opinions?
Just keep your current preorder and preorder the game separately. Unless there is some sort of discount for the bundle.

+1 for pre-orders at GameStop.

You can pre-order the console only. "Bundles" aren't really bundles--you're just adding a game to the console and paying retail for it ($60.) But why get a new console and not have a new game to go with it?!

bread's done
Back