PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

So I decided I'll by sticking with my PS4 pre-order now. As much as I like the X1 and Forza and Killer Instinct I won't bother getting one until next year. Time for me to pre-order Battefield and Watch Dogs now! 

So I decided I'll by sticking with my PS4 pre-order now. As much as I like the X1 and Forza and Killer Instinct I won't bother getting one until next year. Time for me to pre-order Battefield and Watch Dogs now!
Exact two games I paid off with my PS4 pre-order. After watching E3 they were IMO the most impressive.

The more Watch Dogs gameplay that I see the more excited I am for that game. Oh yeah and 64 PLAYER Battlefield finally.

And we still got GTA V coming out for current gen. What a awesome time to be a gamer.

EDIT: BTW if you pre-order Watch Dogs at Gamestop you get a pretty awesome poster. Some locations may not have anymore avaliable though. I know that I got the last one at my store and Gamestop.com no longer lists it as a pre-order bonus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exact two games I paid off with my PS4 pre-order. After watching E3 they were IMO the most impressive.

The more Watch Dogs gameplay that I see the more excited I am for that game. Oh yeah and 64 PLAYER Battlefield finally.

And we still got GTA V coming out for current gen. What a awesome time to be a gamer.

EDIT: BTW if you pre-order Watch Dogs at Gamestop you get a pretty awesome poster. Some locations may not have anymore avaliable though. I know that I got the last one at my store and Gamestop.com no longer lists it as a pre-order bonus.
Definitely a lot of great games coming out. My PS4 will probably not be played due to all the games that are still being released for the 360/PS3.

I knew about the Watch Dogs pre-order poster but now I have to go since I've been excited for the game since it was first announced.

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is the release date still showing as 12/31/2013?
The manufacturer (Sony Computer Entertainment America) has not yet provided an official release date for the PlayStation 4. As soon as it is announced, we will update the detail page with the date. If you ordered either a Launch Edition or a Launch Bundle, your order will be eligible for Release-Date Delivery.

What is Release-Date Delivery?
Release-Date Delivery is available for eligible pre-order items we can deliver on the release date to ZIP codes within the continental U.S. Shipping charges for Release-Date Delivery vary by item and are displayed on the order confirmation page. For Amazon Prime members, Release-Date Delivery is free when selecting Two-Day Shipping.

What is the difference between the Standard Edition and Launch Edition?
The Standard Edition of the PlayStation 4 is identical to the Launch Edition. Due to high demand, we cannot offer Release-Date Delivery on the Standard Edition of the PlayStation 4. If you order the Standard Edition, you may receive your PlayStation 4 after the release date — We will ship your Standard Edition order as soon as we receive sufficient inventory.

Are the Launch Bundles eligible for Release-Date Delivery?
Yes. The Launch Bundles are eligible for Release-Date Delivery.

Do I have to pay anything to reserve my console?
There is no fee associated with pre-ordering on Amazon. You will be charged for the console after your order has entered the shipping process.

What is Amazon’s pre-order cancellation policy?
You can cancel your pre-order at any time before it enters the shipping process. If you cancel an order for either the Launch Edition or one of the Launch Bundles, we cannot guarantee you will be able to pre-order the Launch Edition or Launch Bundle at a later date.

Why can I only buy one PlayStation 4 right now?
Due to high demand, we want to ensure as many customers as possible have the opportunity to purchase a PlayStation 4. Amazon reserves the right to limit Release-Date Delivery to one PlayStation 4 per customer.
Amazon posted up a FAQ for PS4 pre-orders.

Edit:

Playstation 4, Killzone Shadow Fall, 1 year PS+ Bundle $499.97 is also up at BestBuy.com.

Mysterious Splinter Cell title for PS4 leaked by BestBuy.com?

For a while they had a "UC4" title with no box art. I don't know if they have actual info or are just guessing. I'm sure we'll find out these mystery titles at Gamescom if they do exist (I'd wager some are current gen titles being ported), as well as get a solid release date.

For a while they had a "UC4" title with no box art. I don't know if they have actual info or are just guessing. I'm sure we'll find out these mystery titles at Gamescom if they do exist (I'd wager some are current gen titles being ported), as well as get a solid release date.
Could it be Uncharted 4 for PS4? It's unlike Naughty Dog to continue a franchise on a new system, though.

Could it be Uncharted 4 for PS4? It's unlike Naughty Dog to continue a franchise on a new system, though.
True, though they have stated a few times that they "Don't think they're done with Drake yet".

We know they've had a team on something for at least two years, I'd be willing to bet they have a game in that first 20 for PS4 batch.

I don't think so. Best Buy put up some generic placeholders that appeared to be the names of game engines. They had Epic listed as a title without box art also. I don't think UC4 meant Uncharted. Not saying the game isn't coming.

Question to people who ordered off Amazon with there square trade warranty.    My friend ordered the PS4 watch dogs bundle,  he then manuall bought a warranty.  Thing is the warranty he bought is for consoles ranging from $450-$500.   While his bundle did equal to over 450 the system is usually just 399 right?   What im asking is if the warranty he bought will work on the PS4?  He bought that plan because its what his bundle cost.  Will it matter?

Question to people who ordered off Amazon with there square trade warranty. My friend ordered the PS4 watch dogs bundle, he then manuall bought a warranty. Thing is the warranty he bought is for consoles ranging from $450-$500. While his bundle did equal to over 450 the system is usually just 399 right? What im asking is if the warranty he bought will work on the PS4? He bought that plan because its what his bundle cost. Will it matter?
Contact squaretrade. They're the only ones who can give you an official answer.

Anyone here preorder the PS4 from Target? I ordered it them for the 5% red card discount but I'm unsure how it works. They only had it available online and the expected arrival date is 3-7 days after release day. Is this true? No in store pickup? Thanks in advance.

It only said "U4" and there was also "Havok" which are both game engines.

U4 = Unreal Engine 4

for the people that have ordered from amazon and received the email stating your order "is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge" what did you originally select for shipping speed and what are your current shipping costs on your invoice? Thanks.

for the people that have ordered from amazon and received the email stating your order "is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge" what did you originally select for shipping speed and what are your current shipping costs on your invoice? Thanks.
Prime 2-day shipping. No charge.

Anyone here preorder the PS4 from Target? I ordered it them for the 5% red card discount but I'm unsure how it works. They only had it available online and the expected arrival date is 3-7 days after release day. Is this true? No in store pickup? Thanks in advance.
Target does not have an in store pick up option. Never has. You can check local stores to see if you can preorder in store, but I have yet to see the preorder cards anywhere in Target as of yet.

Q: Can I place a pre-order for these consoles in-store and on BestBuy.com?
A: Yes, you can pre-order both the Xbox One and Playstation 4 in-store and on BestBuy.com.

Q: How/when will I be charged for my pre-order?
A: This will depend on whether you pre-order on BestBuy.com or in-store.

• BestBuy.com:
    If you pre-order on BestBuy.com and use a credit or debit card you will see an immediate authorization charge for the full amount of the console. Between the day you pre-order and launch day, you will see this periodically re-authorize, which means that one authorization will drop off and another one will be added. If enough funds are not available at the time of an authorization attempt, your order may be cancelled. If you choose the shipping option, the charge will be finalized when the console ships. If you choose in-store pick-up, the charge will be finalized when the store indicates your console is available and ready to be picked up.

If you pre-order on BestBuy.com and use PayPal you will be charged the full amount at that time.
  • In-Store:
    You will need to put down a minimum of a $25 deposit to pre-order one in-store, and the rest will be required when you pick it up.
Q: If I pre-order in-store, can I add on to my initial deposit later?
A: No. Once you have placed your in-store pre-order you cannot add any more to the deposit. You can put as much down initially as you would like, but you cannot add to it later. If you would like to effectively save up to pay for the console when you pick it up, you are able to put funds on a Best Buy gift card and then keep adding funds to it over time.

Q: Does a pre-order guarantee that I will get my console on launch day?
A: It is our goal with any pre-order to be able to fulfill them on launch day, however we are not able to guarantee this will happen for all customers. We will certainly do everything we can to try to make this happen, and we should be able to provide more details as we get closer to launch.

Q: I heard the Xbox One had a limited quantity Day One Edition available. How will I know if I’m getting the Day One Edition?
A: There is a Day One Edition of the Xbox One available for pre-order with only limited quantities. This does not mean that it was only available on day one of pre-orders, rather it is a special edition that comes with a commemorative controller and an exclusive achievement. As long as the product description was “Xbox One: Day One Edition” when you placed your pre-order, that is what you will be getting. This would also be on indicated on your receipt or order confirmation.

Q: Will Best Buy stop taking pre-orders for either the Xbox One or Playstation 4 at some point?
A:
We do have a specific allocation of these units available for pre-order and will certainly be monitoring the volume of pre-orders that are coming in. If we feel it is necessary, we may stop taking pre-orders for either console.

Q: Can I add Geek Squad Protection to the Xbox One or Playstation 4?
A:
While you cannot add Geek Squad Protection to your pre-order for either console, there should be plans available for purchase once they are released.

Q: I pre-ordered in-store and one or more of the items on the receipt say “DUMMY SKU.” What does this mean?
A:
Pre-orders that were placed early on may show the product description for some items as “DUMMY SKU.” This is because we needed to have SKU numbers in the system first to be able to begin taking pre-orders, but didn’t immediately have correct product descriptions for all items. These descriptions were updated as information became available, and this will not affect your pre-order.

Q: Why am I seeing different fulfillment dates for pre-order items on my order?
A:
Currently, the exact release date for these consoles and games has not been announced. The dates that are showing on orders already placed are simply placeholders because we needed to have something in the system. They may currently be showing either 12/31/13 or 11/30/13, but these are not official and will be updated once exact dates are announced.

Q: I'd like to trade-in a gaming console and/or some video games to get some extra money to go towards buying an Xbox One or Playstation 4. Does Best Buy have any options to do this?
A: Yes, we do have a trade-in program where you can trade-in video game systems and games as well as other devices to receive a Best Buy gift card for the trade-in value. You can find more details about this program here.

Q: Will stores have a midnight release?
A: We do not have this information at this time, but stay tuned to this post and BestBuy.com for any potential updates in the future regarding events or promotions surrounding these consoles.
Best Buy have posted a FAQ for console pre-orders.

If you want to preorder at Best Buy, a .com preorder is more reliable. My credit card can handle the authorization charges so I'm protesting mine at Best Buy since they earn my loyalty business.
If you want to preorder at Best Buy, a .com preorder is more reliable. My credit card can handle the authorization charges so I'm preordering mine at Best Buy since they earn my loyalty business.

I preordered from Target in addition to my Amazon preorder. Mostly because of that 5% red card discount.

My wife orders from Target all the time, and she orders through the link at Lucky Magazine Rewards for an additional 2% off. So 7% off total, which does kinda add up. $28 off for a launch console (a few days after launch) is worth it IMO.

Pretty much the only reason I put up with copies of Lucky Magazine littering my couch and bathroom is because it's a few extra percent off at some big shops.

Target orders almost always arrive late though. Up to you if the 5% off (or 7% if you for some reason subscribe to Lucky) is worth getting the console up to a week late.

I preordered from Target in addition to my Amazon preorder. Mostly because of that 5% red card discount.

My wife orders from Target all the time, and she orders through the link at Lucky Magazine Rewards for an additional 2% off. So 7% off total, which does kinda add up. $28 off for a launch console (a few days after launch) is worth it IMO.

Pretty much the only reason I put up with copies of Lucky Magazine littering my couch and bathroom is because it's a few extra percent off at some big shops.

Target orders almost always arrive late though. Up to you if the 5% off (or 7% if you for some reason subscribe to Lucky) is worth getting the console up to a week late.
Check to see if any of your CC's offer an extended warranty if that matters to you at all.

Huzzah, I finally have an excuse to use a chunk of the almost $1k of credit card rewards I've built up at Amazon!

I feel kind of silly buying a new console when I have a pretty decent gaming PC, but what the hell, it's free!

-Sean

Just came back from gamestop and reserved my ps4. I ended up trading some old games for the xbox 360 I had laying around and a busted controller and powerbrick for 70 bucks plus i got the 30% extra from trading towards a console.

I traded in all my 360 games and the console and was able to fully pay off a PS4. Pay off two games and now have $160 left over.

Got to love that 50% extra trade in credit printable coupon on the Powerup Rewards website plus I'm pretty sure it stacked with the extra 10% for being a Pro member. So extra 60% all-around.

I know it's one of the few times I've walked out of Gamestop without feeling like I got screwed.

Not to mention most of the games I traded in I got on sale online thanks to CAG.

I traded in all my 360 games and the console and was able to fully pay off a PS4. Pay off two games and now have $160 left over.

Got to love that 50% extra trade in credit printable coupon on the Powerup Rewards website plus I'm pretty sure it stacked with the extra 10% for being a Pro member. So extra 60% all-around.

I know it's one of the few times I've walked out of Gamestop without feeling like I got screwed.

Not to mention most of the games I traded in I got on sale online thanks to CAG.
I was about to feel really sorry for you until you mentioned the bonus trade in credit. Congrats! ^_^. I remember trading in Dead Rising for more than a bought it for a couple years ago with a sale + bonus trade in credit :p

Pre-ordered mine yesterday.  Should not that I may not be around to pick it up depending on date it comes out (having destination wedding in November) but they were cool and put in a note to hold mine if unable to be there on the day.

In any event, I will own a PS4 this year. Exciting as never anticipated I'd have one for at least another year or so.

Via BestBuy Facebook post just now:

Steve, That's a good question you've asked. Your Pre-Order guarantees you'll receive a console. The actual release date hasn't been announced and details are still forthcoming so stay tuned to www.BestBuy.com for details. Thank you -Derald

What 50% coupon? The coupons you get for having a certain amount of points?

I've got both an amazon and target order. I'm gonna wait to see how it plays out first before deciding which one to cancel. If it's the week before and I don't hear anything from Target I have a big decision to make...worth saving money though (this is CAG after all.)

I preordered originally on Amazon right after the E3 conference which states launch edition. I decided to throw some money on a preorder at GameStop today and they are still offering launch consoles as well. Just a heads up to people who have yet to preorder and want a launch edition. Obviously the downside is the $100 down.

What 50% coupon? The coupons you get for having a certain amount of points?
No. I went into Gamestop and renewed my PUR Pro membership and then a few days later a printable coupon for a extra 50% trade in credit coupon showed up on their website. I didn't have to pay any points for it. It was free.

Maybe it just applies for those who renew, no idea.

When you sign up for the GameStop PowerupRewards program you are given a 50% extra trade in bonus coupon.
No. I went into Gamestop and renewed my PUR Pro membership and then a few days later a printable coupon for a extra 50% trade in credit coupon showed up on their website. I didn't have to pay any points for it. It was free.

Maybe it just applies for those who renew, no idea.
I see, doesn't that only apply to games though?

I see, doesn't that only apply to games though?
Nope. The coupon said 50% extra trade in credit on every item.

EDIT: Funny note. I actually ended up getting more in credit for my 360 than I paid for it off of Cowboom. I also ended up with a crap ton of PUR points so I got me a Zelda hat and a GTA V poster. :)

Nope. The coupon said 50% extra trade in credit on every item.

EDIT: Funny note. I actually ended up getting more in credit for my 360 than I paid for it off of Cowboom. I also ended up with a crap ton of PUR points so I got me a Zelda hat and a GTA V poster. :)
On the note of your edit, after the 3/5/7 deal I almost have enough points to get 1 year of ps+ for free lol.

Pardon me if this has come up before, but why is Amazon stating they can guarantee release date delivery for the PS4 (or XBOX One for that fact) when they don't even know what the release date is yet?

If either system comes out on a Sunday, that will not be possible. I have my doubts about a Saturday as well, since I believe that would cost a high premium.

And for those of you who forget, systems can and have been launched in the US on weekends. IIRC, the PS3 released on a Saturday, and the Wii came out on the Sunday.

Pardon me if this has come up before, but why is Amazon stating they can guarantee release date delivery for the PS4 (or XBOX One for that fact) when they don't even know what the release date is yet?

If either system comes out on a Sunday, that will not be possible. I have my doubts about a Saturday as well, since I believe that would cost a high premium.

And for those of you who forget, systems can and have been launched in the US on weekends. IIRC, the PS3 released on a Saturday, and the Wii came out on the Sunday.
I'd assume the higher ups in the company do know the release date or at the very least Sony is in contact with them about the quantity they can provide. At least I hope.

Any idea why I just got an email from Amazon stating they're preparing my order for shipping with a delivery date of December 31st? I ordered day one and I hope this doesn't mean they're charging me for it already.

bread's done
Back