PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Any idea why I just got an email from Amazon stating they're preparing my order for shipping with a delivery date of December 31st? I ordered day one and I hope this doesn't mean they're charging me for it already.

Any idea why I just got an email from Amazon stating they're preparing my order for shipping with a delivery date of December 31st? I ordered day one and I hope this doesn't mean they're charging me for it already.

Surprise launch! hehe. That'd be one way to make sure they sell a shit ton and don't get a bunch of cancellations.

Last edited by a moderator:
I came to this thread to post the same thing....I have no idea why I got the email..... Luckily I had already applied all my gift card balance to pay it off before.

Amazon decided to cut costs by hiring employees from a local nursing home.  Because of this, they just need a really long time to prepare the shipment and wanted to give us the heads up. 

I got the same e-mail as well. You really can't add any more gift cards to the order? The option to enter a gift card code still shows up on my PS4 order details page...
Do you have a launch edition pre-ordered? The only thing I'm allowed to do is cancel my order, I can't change the shipping speed, payment method, address, or add any gift cards. Its strange since its not shipping anytime soon. I hope it sorts itself out since I wanted to add some more gift cards to my order.

I have a launch edition and got the email too. But on my order details page it still has the option to change payment method, add gift card, etc.

I preordered originally on Amazon right after the E3 conference which states launch edition. I decided to throw some money on a preorder at GameStop today and they are still offering launch consoles as well. Just a heads up to people who have yet to preorder and want a launch edition. Obviously the downside is the $100 down.
Well, that, and having to go to B&M in the online age.

No issues here with my order, still says not yet shipped.  That is weird from Amazon since they don't typically have problems like this.

I also have a launch edition and got the email. But, as others have noted, I still has the option to change payment method, add gift card, etc.

Oh really? I thought it was only for promo codes, since it says "Note: Promotional certificates may be redeemed only when the order is originally placed." I thought there was another GC specific input box below that, but if that's true then whoops! Sorry.
Noooo, you can't even put promo codes/certificates in there. When you make an order on an item that amazon itself is selling, it'll ask you if you want to use xx.xx in promotional credit. You can only do that while making the order. If you don't, you can't use the promo credit unless you cancel and replace the order, which you won't want to do if you have a launch edition PS4. But yeah, that enter claim code box is for gift card codes. Enter it in there, and it'll apply it towards that order, and whatever you may have left over will stay on your account. You can apply any remaining gift card balance to another order at checkout or in the order details screen.

Noooo, you can't even put promo codes/certificates in there. When you make an order on an item that amazon itself is selling, it'll ask you if you want to use xx.xx in promotional credit. You can only do that while making the order. If you don't, you can't use the promo credit unless you cancel and replace the order, which you won't want to do if you have a launch edition PS4. But yeah, that enter claim code box is for gift card codes. Enter it in there, and it'll apply it towards that order, and whatever you may have left over will stay on your account. You can apply any remaining gift card balance to another order at checkout or in the order details screen.
Ok, sweet. Thanks for clearing that up for me. :)

I got the amazon email as well. I ordered the second the link appeared on amazon and was a launch system. I can still change payment, address etc... on the order but I hope I didn't just get screwed out of a launch system. This is probably just a placeholder date. Hopefully Sony will announce the launch date at Gamescom and we'll all get emails with the updated date.

I preordered originally on Amazon right after the E3 conference which states launch edition. I decided to throw some money on a preorder at GameStop today and they are still offering launch consoles as well. Just a heads up to people who have yet to preorder and want a launch edition. Obviously the downside is the $100 down.
another heads up to people that preorder at gamestop, its been reported by employees that they are taking unlimited preorders, but i very much doubt they are getting unlimited consoles. good chance if they overbook you will still have to camp to get your system.

Pardon me if this has come up before, but why is Amazon stating they can guarantee release date delivery for the PS4 (or XBOX One for that fact) when they don't even know what the release date is yet?

If either system comes out on a Sunday, that will not be possible. I have my doubts about a Saturday as well, since I believe that would cost a high premium.

And for those of you who forget, systems can and have been launched in the US on weekends. IIRC, the PS3 released on a Saturday, and the Wii came out on the Sunday.

I think it's very possible that the retailers do already know, but Sony wants to keep it under wraps until they are ready to have it set in stone. As for a weekend launch, I don't think that would ever happen again for MS or Sony. Nintendo releases everything on Sundays, but that's just their thing. Vita launched on a Tuesday(and was offered with guaranteed RDD), and aside from a possible Friday launch, I'd be surprised if it doesn't launch on a Tuesday. It's just not how things work anymore for gaming.

another heads up to people that preorder at gamestop, its been reported by employees that they are taking unlimited preorders, but i very much doubt they are getting unlimited consoles. good chance if they overbook you will still have to camp to get your system.
Sigh, it's unlimited to each store UNTIL the company cuts off orders. They do have a figure in mind, but they're not going allocate stock equally for each store. It would be stupid to have low volume stores allocated for 100 consoles when they get 5 reserves. Neither console is going to be in short supply this time around because parts are readily available. What could happen is shortages in major cities where demand is high for the first week or so (for the people that don't preorder), but nowhere near the degree of sold out everywhere, especially online.

If you camp out for this one, you're just wasting your time.

Sigh, it's unlimited to each store UNTIL the company cuts off orders. They do have a figure in mind, but they're not going allocate stock equally for each store. It would be stupid to have low volume stores allocated for 100 consoles when they get 5 reserves. Neither console is going to be in short supply this time around because parts are readily available. What could happen is shortages in major cities where demand is high for the first week or so (for the people that don't preorder), but nowhere near the degree of sold out everywhere, especially online.

If you camp out for this one, you're just wasting your time.
I live in a big city thats why im going for the midnight release. That and its also fun as hell to go with friends.

I preordered at the devil Gamestop. I live in a pretty small town, so I doubt they will run out of consoles for preorders. To be honest, the only reason I preordered is because my husband is a Playstation fanboy.  :whistle2:| Being the cheapass that I am, I would wait to get one off of craigslist. 

I preordered at the devil Gamestop. I live in a pretty small town, so I doubt they will run out of consoles for preorders. To be honest, the only reason I preordered is because my husband is a Playstation fanboy. :whistle2:| Being the cheapass that I am, I would wait to get one off of craigslist.
Marriage, you're doing it right.

I preordered at the devil Gamestop. I live in a pretty small town, so I doubt they will run out of consoles for preorders. To be honest, the only reason I preordered is because my husband is a Playstation fanboy. :whistle2:| Being the cheapass that I am, I would wait to get one off of craigslist.
You could have done what my wife and I did (if you live near a Meijer). We have each had one preordered with amazon from day one and with the most recent Meijer crazy deal with amazon kindle cards we were able to pay off our systems with $400 in amazon cards by only paying $320!!! Score!

I pre-ordered Battlefield 4 for PS4 and got a email telling me to come pick it up October 30th [i think. sometime in october].

Does that mean they screwed up my pre-order and didn't reserve me a PS4 version?

Was the initial preorder link that went up after the E3 showing labeled as a launch edition?  I preordered right after the Sony conference, but the version I have isn't labeled launch edition.  I have some credit applied towards the system so I don't want to lose that if I cancel my preorder.  How is Amazon usually with that sort of thing?  If I use credit that had to be applied before say August, but cancel in October is the credit just gone or will I still have it?

Was the initial preorder link that went up after the E3 showing labeled as a launch edition? I preordered right after the Sony conference, but the version I have isn't labeled launch edition. I have some credit applied towards the system so I don't want to lose that if I cancel my preorder. How is Amazon usually with that sort of thing? If I use credit that had to be applied before say August, but cancel in October is the credit just gone or will I still have it?
I don't recall it being labeled as a launch edition immediately after the press conference. Amazon didn't make a distinction between launch and standard editions until the following day. Later they sent me an e-mail saying that my order was in fact a launch edition, but checking my order status now it shows up as a standard edition.

I wouldn't cancel the preorder yet. The problem may resolve itself in a couple of days or it might be better to just get in touch with customer service before making any changes.

Amazon will always give you back your gift card credit, usually instantly. In some cases it may take a few hours, up to 24 hours or so. I just cancelled a small preorder (using promo + gift card credit) and got both returned to me for immediate use.

Pardon me if this has come up before, but why is Amazon stating they can guarantee release date delivery for the PS4 (or XBOX One for that fact) when they don't even know what the release date is yet?
If either system comes out on a Sunday, that will not be possible. I have my doubts about a Saturday as well, since I believe that would cost a high premium.
And for those of you who forget, systems can and have been launched in the US on weekends. IIRC, the PS3 released on a Saturday, and the Wii came out on the Sunday.
Wrong. Every Sony console has launched on a weekday. The PS3's was a Friday. Nintendo is the only one that does Sunday releases as they do that for their games as well. Neither Sony nor MS do or have in the past for their consoles and I dont expect this to be any different

Wrong. Every Sony console has launched on a weekday. The PS3's was a Friday. Nintendo is the only one that does Sunday releases as they do that for their games as well. Neither Sony nor MS do or have in the past for their consoles and I dont expect this to be any different
Wrong. PlayStation and PlayStation 2 launched on a Saturday.

Check the facts before you try to flex your big e-peen.

I pre-ordered Battlefield 4 for PS4 and got a email telling me to come pick it up October 30th [i think. sometime in october].

Does that mean they screwed up my pre-order and didn't reserve me a PS4 version?
October 29th is now the release date for all versions of BF4. Whether or not the PS4 or XB1 will be available on that date is anyone's guess (but I have a good feeling about it).

http://www.dailygame.net/videogames/sony/ps4-news/ps4-release-date-as-early-as-october-according-to-amazon

Ps2 - July 7th 2000. Friday

Looks like your e-peen just shrunk.
The PS2 launched on Saturday, March 4, 2000.

F- for effort, though.

The date you speak of is the release of the smaller, redesigned version of the original PlayStation, named PSone.

The PS2 launched on Saturday, March 4, 2000.

F- for effort, though.

The date you speak of is the release of the smaller, redesigned version of the original PlayStation, named PSone.
That's the Japan release date. Try the American one bro. I give you a J for Japan.

It launched on a Thursday in North America. Wah wah wah.

That's the Japan release date. Try the American one bro. I give you a J for Japan.

It still originally launched on a Saturday, "bro". Because 'MURICA is all that matters!

Hey, any chance you could you tell me when the PlayStation launched in North America? ;)

It still originally launched on a Saturday, "bro". Because 'MURICA is all that matters!

Hey, any chance you could you tell me when the PlayStation launched in North America? \:D/

October 29th is now the release date for all versions of BF4. Whether or not the PS4 or XB1 will be available on that date is anyone's guess (but I have a good feeling about it).

http://www.dailygame.net/videogames/sony/ps4-news/ps4-release-date-as-early-as-october-according-to-amazon
That's strange but according to Amazon you're right. It would be kind of weird for games to come out before a console. Which would be the case for XB1 since it has a Nov launch date.

EDIT: Called Gamestop and they said they don't have a current release date for BF4 on next-gen consoles so I don't know what to think.

bread's done
Back