PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

All of these new posts to this thread I was expecting something to have been announced.  Instead it's just some people discussing/arguing :( Got my hopes up for nothing lol

Damage control ;)
lol! :whee:

That's strange but according to Amazon you're right. It would be kind of weird for games to come out before a console. Which would be the case for XB1 since it has a Nov launch date.

EDIT: Called Gamestop and they said they don't have a current release date for BF4 on next-gen consoles so I don't know what to think.
I think some Wii U games actually released a day or so before the console officially release, no? CoD and AssCreed come to mind, but I could be wrong.

HydroX said:
Wrong. PlayStation and PlayStation 2 launched on a Saturday.

Check the facts before you try to flex your big e-peen.
My bad on the PS1 but the PS2 launched on a Thursday

HydroX said:
It still originally launched on a Saturday, "bro". Because 'MURICA is all that matters!
And how is that relevant to most people in this thread? Obviously the vast majority are going to be concerned about when this comes out in NA

Last edited by a moderator:
I think some Wii U games actually released a day or so before the console officially release, no? CoD and AssCreed come to mind, but I could be wrong.
Some of the game shops around here were selling PS2 launch titles a week or two before the system was released.

Some WIi U games released a week before the console come out.

As far as release date, seriously, who the fuck cares? Just wait for a release date to be announced. No reason to fight about it really.

Some WIi U games released a week before the console come out.

As far as release date, seriously, who the fuck cares? Just wait for a release date to be announced. No reason to fight about it really.
We are on the internet, people argue over stupid shit. Someone is probably still arguing the earth is flat out there.

So does the Watch Dogs Launch Bundle on Amazon guarantee me a console on launch day? I'd love to cancel my Best Buy preorder and be done with it.

For those who preordered at Amazon:  Does anyone have the actual name "Launch Edition" in their order (that's not a bundle)? 

I preordered right after the press conference and it still isn't updated for me.  And now it seems there's no bundleless Launch Edition page at Amazon at all.

My is not updated but I got an email saying that I will get the launch edition. I am pretty sure your is the launch edition since you pre-ordered it the first day that it was available.

Does this work for the Amazon Rewards Card that is through Chase as well? I assume it does, but just wondering.
Unfortunately no, that card is only the same type of rewards: 3% on Amazon.com purchases, 2% on gas, drugstores, restaurants and office supply stores, and 1% on everything else. You'd still be getting 3% on anything paid towards a PS4 on Amazon which isn't too shabby.

That's strange but according to Amazon you're right. It would be kind of weird for games to come out before a console. Which would be the case for XB1 since it has a Nov launch date.

EDIT: Called Gamestop and they said they don't have a current release date for BF4 on next-gen consoles so I don't know what to think.
Back when the Vita released a number of games were available a week before it actually released (though it was possible to play them if you bought the FEB).

For those who preordered at Amazon: Does anyone have the actual name "Launch Edition" in their order (that's not a bundle)?

I preordered right after the press conference and it still isn't updated for me. And now it seems there's no bundleless Launch Edition page at Amazon at all.
just check same for me ordered 6/10/13 but just say standard would not worry too much in till they reveal the official release date if it does not update then ill say something

Can someone explain how to add amazon cards from GameStop to the amount of the PS4 if I have it preordered? Thanks
Go to your order history, find where your PS4 order is on the list. There should be an option next to it to change your payment method. Select it and it will ask if you want to use the same credit/debit card or use another on you might have on your account, choose whichever and on the next page there should be an option to add gift cards on the very bottom of the page.

Go to your order history, find where your PS4 order is on the list. There should be an option next to it to change your payment method. Select it and it will ask if you want to use the same credit/debit card or use another on you might have on your account, choose whichever and on the next page there should be an option to add gift cards on the very bottom of the page.

Thank you taking the time to let me know

I plan on pre-ordering my PS4 this week at Best Buy in a physical store coz I've got credit there, do you guys know if they're still taking orders? How is BB with ordering new systems? I always pre-order the day reserves open at GameStop so I'm really behind but haven't had the money. Any tips with Pre-ordering in store from BB?

So non-bundle consoles have sold out at two places. Kinda crazy that the Xbox One supposedly has a lot less supply and yet its Day One Edition hasn't gone OOS anywhere. I hope GS can fill those ps4 pre-orders though, the last time I was at my GS the dude told me they were up to 84. :shock:...So happy I secured a Launch Edition at Amazon.

EDIT: Just realized the Xbox One is sold out at BB.com. My mistake.

Quoting myself for truth since GS cut off orders. Called it.

Sigh, it's unlimited to each store UNTIL the company cuts off orders.

another heads up to people that preorder at gamestop, its been reported by employees that they are taking unlimited preorders, but i very much doubt they are getting unlimited consoles. good chance if they overbook you will still have to camp to get your system.

GQ1ZkMp.png

Not just the base model, the bundles are gone, too.

It hasn't even been a month since E3 and places are running out of pre-orders for the PS4. I think this holiday season its going to be interesting to see how many people actually get it.   

I think there's going to be quite a few disappointed people on launch day.  I also think the odds of being disappointed are going to go up if you didn't bundle at least one game with your purchase.  Ultimately, no one can "prove" that they are "guaranteed" a launch-day unit, and it only makes good business sense to fulfill those pre-orders that also include games before fulfilling those without any bundled games.

I think there's going to be quite a few disappointed people on launch day. I also think the odds of being disappointed are going to go up if you didn't bundle at least one game with your purchase. Ultimately, no one can "prove" that they are "guaranteed" a launch-day unit, and it only makes good business sense to fulfill those pre-orders that also include games before fulfilling those without any bundled games.
I think this is why, people should pre-order at multiple places. It's dumb to think any retailer can guaranteed a launch day unit even with a bundled game 5 months out. Not even Sony can see into the future if they will experience manufacturing/parts/weather/and other unknown factors that can reduce the amount of consoles produced. It can be as easy as an earthquake or flood that can cause supply shortages to a specific part in the console.

With Gamestop halting all pre-orders (including bundles), I placed an order for the Watch Dog PS4 Bundle on Amazon. I would have liked to do a Killzone PS4 Bundle but they only have the one with a year of PS Plus (I just renewed for a year last month).

I think this is why, people should pre-order at multiple places. It's dumb to think any retailer can guaranteed a launch day unit even with a bundled game 5 months out. Not even Sony can see into the future if they will experience manufacturing/parts/weather/and other unknown factors that can reduce the amount of consoles produced. It can be as easy as an earthquake or flood that can cause supply shortages to a specific part in the console.
This is the primary reason I preordered early in the game directly from the Sony store.

I find it highly unlikely they're going to hamstring their own retail branch by not providing enough consoles to meet demand from their own website. Just a hunch.

I'm betting Amazon is pretty certain that they are going to meet launch deliveries because they were pretty forthcoming with their emails stating launch day delivery. I still used free shipping, lol. My order was saying $8 extra for release day.

I'm betting Amazon is pretty certain that they are going to meet launch deliveries because they were pretty forthcoming with their emails stating launch day delivery. I still used free shipping, lol. My order was saying $8 extra for release day.
Pretty sure it's only launch day delivery if you use two-day shipping. If you have a launch edition, you should chat with a CS rep and they can change it for you, waiving the two-day shipping fee.

My PS4 preorder is not showing under reservations on the PUR site but another game I preordered is?
Anyone else having this issue?
I had a similar issue with Battlefield 4 for Xbox 360. It would show I had GTA V preordered, but not BF4 (and another game that I didn't pick up). If you are curious about your preorders, you can go to the store you preorder at and ask them to print you a list. All they need is your account's phone number.

I'm wondering what's the cheapest a 1 year Playstation Plus Membership is going for right now & where?

That's all I need to get before the release...

Amazon is sold out of the launch bundles.
I just noticed this as well. Glad that I took GameStop halting sales of PS4 preorders as a sign of things to come. I ended up preordering the Watch Dog PS4 Bundle right after GameStops announcement. I would have been pissed if I procrastinated any longer and missed out on the Launch Day delivery.

bread's done
Back