PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

I am glad preorders are no longer being taken anywhere.  If stock really is in short supply upon release it will give me more time to finish out on my PS3 backlog. 

Hot dang I was thinking of pre ordering the BF4 launch bundle too  :bomb:  and cancelling my Launch edition PS4, luckily I didn't...now I just need a deal on PS+ somewhere..lol

Question. Really are any of the bundles worth it? I was pricing the stuff separate and you save like $3 least on the ones I saw. Almost kinda worth just waiting for a price drop in the games somewhere or buying a used on off amazon/ebay/gamestop etc.. For some reason people trade in games like 2 or 3 days after getting them. Least that's how it seems to me here. My gamestop always has like 3 week old games in the used section. Mind you I suppose its YDMV type thing but either way you lose $3?

Question. Really are any of the bundles worth it? I was pricing the stuff separate and you save like $3 least on the ones I saw. Almost kinda worth just waiting for a price drop in the games somewhere or buying a used on off amazon/ebay/gamestop etc.. For some reason people trade in games like 2 or 3 days after getting them. Least that's how it seems to me here. My gamestop always has like 3 week old games in the used section. Mind you I suppose its YDMV type thing but either way you lose $3?
I only bought a bundle because that was the only way to get it on release day on amazon. Besides, you need at least one game to play on launch day.

sticnap said:
I only bought a bundle because that was the only way to get it on release day on amazon. Besides, you need at least one game to play on launch day.
If you have Playstation Plus you get DriveClub for free and I think like almost 10 other free games. Plus there's Planetside 2 and others.

I cancelled my launch day ps4 from amazon today. I figured it be less painful if I just got it over with instead of waiting right before hand to cancel. Now I'm sad :(

Budderbear said:
If you buy a ps4 "just" to play the free games, then "I" feel your getting it for the wrong reasons ;)
I've got the Killzone 4 Bundle with PS+ Preordered. I want a few titles at launch, but DriveClub will be a nice addition to my digital collection.

It would be very irresponsible of me to spend the money on it. I also should lay off this site a bit. This place is a blessing and a curse. There's too many temptations. Especially when I don't need any new games when I have a tremendous backlog to go through.
Yeah, it's tough to control. After many years, i finally got myself under control. I finally got my backlog down to less than 10 games. Most of the time a game is going to be even cheaper than it was when you bought it, once you actually get around to playing it.

Yeah, it's tough to control. After many years, i finally got myself under control. I finally got my backlog down to less than 10 games. Most of the time a game is going to be even cheaper than it was when you bought it, once you actually get around to playing it.
I easily have over 100 games I've never touched. A lot of it being ps2. It's hard to not succumb to the deals, but when it comes to paying bills or buying games. The answers pretty clear.

Does anyone know if you pre-order from Walmart, will they charge you inmediately?

I was looking to pre-order to pick it up at the store, but they only have the option to delivery it to your home for free.

Scheduled delivery is on JAN 7th, 2014.

letskissthesky said:
I easily have over 100 games I've never touched. A lot of it being ps2. It's hard to not succumb to the deals, but when it comes to paying bills or buying games. The answers pretty clear.
I have a lot and most of them are PS3 RPGs. Way too many to play when you are in college and have classes everyday.

Does anyone know if you pre-order from Walmart, will they charge you inmediately?

I was looking to pre-order to pick it up at the store, but they only have the option to delivery it to your home for free.

Scheduled delivery is on JAN 7th, 2014.
i tried to Google the info found nothing concrete, most say they put a charge on card which drops after few days, but i only pre order from amazon so not sure.

I have a lot and most of them are PS3 RPGs. Way too many to play when you are in college and have classes everyday.
Sell them on eBay or trade them into Amazon. Last Black Friday I bought about 15 games from the MS store sale for $10 each and about 3 months ago I realized I would never be able to play most of them so I sold about 12 of them on eBay. None of them sold for less than I paid and luckily most of them were still sealed. I don't even open my games anymore until it's time to play them. Same is true with blu ray. I've already sold/traded in unopened blu's that I bought and later realized that the "deal" was for a movie I didn't really want to own. Learning my lessons slowly. First not opening things now not buying them.

Speaking of backlogs I been trying to make myself BEAT A GAME instead of being like 'k, im bored' and changing games. I try to push through it no matter how bad it is until it's beaten [story wise] and if it's something I own then I sell it. Getting some money back, reducing my backlog.

I looked at my shelf and decided it's time to to go from collector to player. (well, except for the really rare stuff)

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of backlogs I been trying to make myself BEAT A GAME instead of being like 'k, im bored' and changing games. I try to push through it no matter how bad it is until it's beaten [story wise] and if it's something I own then I sell it. Getting some money back, reducing my backlog.

I looked at my shelf and decided it's time to to go from collector to player. (well, except for the really rare stuff)
Nice. Same here. I sold/traded most of my collection. As soon as i complete the game, its trade/sold. There's really no reason to keep a backlog when newer and better game are coming out every month w/ superior game play mechanic. I.E. GTA 5, no reasons to keep GTA 4 or any of the saints row game.

I made it a goal to only play games w/ metacritic of 90 and above, I have a life to attend to.

I got my pre-order on the system in at a Best Buy store today. Should I expect to get it, do they have a good track record of guaranteeing the systems people pre-order? I'm guessing since they haven't cut off reserves yet that I'm good to go. Hopefully it comes out first week of November or late October, but I'll be backed up with 3DS/Wii U games anyway so   I suppose it can wait

I don't force myself to complete a game, if i'm not enjoying it, no matter how much the rest of the world seems to like it. If i'm bored i take it out and either trade it on GameTZ or sell it on Amazon.

I don't force myself to complete a game, if i'm not enjoying it, no matter how much the rest of the world seems to like it. If i'm bored i take it out and either trade it on GameTZ or sell it on Amazon.
agree, also a nice thing about technology is you can still watch games on you tube, if you want to know how a game ends. Thu some games are more intense playing an fun then just watching.

Since you have a backlog, why waste time beating a game you don't like? I rather take the hit to my wallet, assuming you make minimum wage US ($7.25/hr) and most games are at least 5 hours(heh last gen I would have probably put 10 hours), than waste time on game that would equal up how long it is. If you have a backloggery and don't like it, but don't want it to count as unbeaten just put it as null.

There are way too many games that you might like or will love for you to waste time on something you don't like. Its not suppose to be a chore. If you were a bit irresponsible with your money its better to lose the money than time.

I didn't like Disgaea, though I usually love SRPGs, so I quit instead of wasting an estimated 20 hours beating it just cause I own it. I paid around $20 for it so losing the 2 hours it would take for me buy the game is better than wasting 20 hours.

Yeah, with ps4 coming out I started to get rid of games instead of hoarding them.  Video games are here to waste time, but it isn't wasted time if you're having fun doing it.

Sorry if this has already been asked. I ordered a ps4 right when amazon listed it before they had the "day one" edition. My order still doesnt say day one on it.. Should I be worried?

Sorry if this has already been asked. I ordered a ps4 right when amazon listed it before they had the "day one" edition. My order still doesnt say day one on it.. Should I be worried?
No, because it does say that on Amazon's end of the system. They sent out an email saying as much.

Yeah I only do the daily and trusted surveys. You will get DQ'd more than you will get to finish them, and they are time consuming but very worth it. I put in about 2 hours a day on that site but it will all be worth it when I get that PS4, and don't have to hear my wife complain about how much I spent.
haha I hear ya..I'm trying to make the ps4 super cheap so I can MAYBE get the xbox one aswell.most of my friends are super xbox fans and won't get a ps4 no matter :/.

The same thing happened to me. I ordered a PS4 just a minute or two after it went live on Amazon. A few days later I received an automated e-mail saying I was in line for a launch edition. Then a couple days ago I e-mailed their customer service and was told I had the standard edition preordered and that I could expect to receive the system by the end of the year. I don't what to think. Has anyone heard differently from Amazon?

The same thing happened to me. I ordered a PS4 just a minute or two after it went live on Amazon. A few days later I received an automated e-mail saying I was in line for a launch edition. Then a couple days ago I e-mailed their customer service and was told I had the standard edition preordered and that I could expect to receive the system by the end of the year. I don't what to think. Has anyone heard differently from Amazon?
If you got the email stating that your ps4 is the a launch edition I would not worry one bit. I think you might have got a confused rep. Another way to check is to go to the launch edition product page and at the top you should see a banner stating that you purchased it.

If you got the email stating that your ps4 is the a launch edition I would not worry one bit. I think you might have got a confused rep. Another way to check is to go to the launch edition product page and at the top you should see a banner stating that you purchased it.
Hopefully you're right. The reps response did read a bit like a form letter.

Thanks to bing points, I've now got half of my Amazon preorder paid off! Now to just find some games to go along with it...

You have earned over $200 on BING? How bro?!

Sorry, should have clarified. Not all from Bing. I just added about $50 in Amazon cards from Bing (I have 5 accounts) to some credit I already had there from trades.

Ahh now I see, nice! It's hard for me to not spend the points, I only have 3 accounts, idk how many this household has lol. Will changing my IP help?

Anyone have any good ideas to put promotional credit on a pre-order from Amazon. I have inFamous pre-ordered. It already has $5 promo cred on it. I have $20 cred too. If I take away the pre-order, that credit goes away too.

You can buy an Amazon Gift Card with the promotional credit and apply that directly to your preorder.  Just look up the order on your account page and there will be a box to enter the Gift Card number at the bottom.

Amazon is really good with their inventory system.  I would be surprised if they didn't have enough to fulfill preorders.  I don't recall them ever cancelling an item that was out of stock on an order I had placed before.  The only ones that come to mind are the rare Warehouse deals. 

preordering at bestbuy might be even better, ever since they step up their customer service. you might end up with a ps4, if they cancel, or unable to fulfill your order.

Is there anything special about Amazon's listing for the Launch Edition PS4, or does that version just mean you're guaranteed to get it launch day?

Pardon me if this has come up before, but why is Amazon stating they can guarantee release date delivery for the PS4 (or XBOX One for that fact) when they don't even know what the release date is yet?

If either system comes out on a Sunday, that will not be possible. I have my doubts about a Saturday as well, since I believe that would cost a high premium.

And for those of you who forget, systems can and have been launched in the US on weekends. IIRC, the PS3 released on a Saturday, and the Wii came out on the Sunday.
ps3 came out in n.a on nov 17th 2006 which was a friday and nintendo things almost always come out on sundays their systems and bigger games so i doudt it will be a weekend.

My prediction is Sony will release in October.  I think Sony is going with something close to the PS2 game plan and will release sometime between October 22nd and October 29th.  October starts the holiday season for retail so it falls under holiday 2013.  PS2 released on Thursday October 26th 2000.  October 29th is a brilliant day because AssCreed 4 and Battlefield 4 also release that day, however if Sony is hoping to push first party titles I can see them releasing a week prior which is why I could see it being the 22nd, or if they release on a Thursday again then the 24th.

bread's done
Back