PlayStation 4 Pre-Order Thread *GREATNESS OUT NOW!*

Are you talking about the release of the PS4 and Xbox One? Toys 'R Us posted a link showing the Xbox One as November 29th and the PS4 for December 13th. The question is does Toys R us know?

In other PS4 release date news, Toys 'R' Us continues to claim the PlayStation 4 won't actually be launching until December, via a recently posted listing for the next PlayStation on the company's UK retail site. Despite most observers predictions, that Sony and Microsoft would both aim to release their consoles before the end of November, Toys 'R' Us UK is currently telling customers to expect the Xbox One on Nov. 29, with the PS4 release date following two weeks later on December 13.
i could see xbox one coming out on nov 5th (relase day of cod ghost) then ps 4 week after on the 12th.

Email from customer service about the promotion code

Hello,

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience you had regarding this.

However, we already escalated this issue to our Promotions team and they verified that the promotion for Preorder bonus code for a map pack was offered only on orders placed on June 17, 2013. Im so sorry for this.

hope you'll be able to take advantage of our future promotions. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Email from customer service about the promotion code

Hello,

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience you had regarding this.

However, we already escalated this issue to our Promotions team and they verified that the promotion for Preorder bonus code for a map pack was offered only on orders placed on June 17, 2013. Im so sorry for this.

hope you'll be able to take advantage of our future promotions. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Code and instructions for redemption will be included in the product packaging.

What they're probably talking about is the previous pre-order bonus they had for BF4. They had a bonus in which you got a battlepack, but that was replaced around June 17th with the current pre-order bonus. The battlepacks are on ebay for $5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre-ordered through Amazon, I gotta thank you guys for letting me know about the giftcard applying after purchase.

I realize that much which is whyI mentioned it in my post. Amazon cards are plentiful in stores. Do any of those stores use paypal and offer the cards online? Would I be able to use my Paypal money to buy Best Buy gift cards and then use those gift cards to buy Amazon cards? Im not sure if BB credit can be used on stuff like that
Where I live [central Oklahoma] we have Dollar General's that accept Paypal. It even has a 'Paypal' button on the debit/credit card machine. I've personally never have never used it but I see it heavily advertised in stores.

Quick questions about Best Buy & Walmart (I prefer to pick up my system in store).

Do they charge when the item is shipped/ready for pickup like Amazon? or do they charge at time of pre-order?

Can I cancel the pre-order anytime without any penalty?

TIA

I'm excited. This will be my first time pre-ordering a console :whistle2:D

Quick questions about Best Buy & Walmart (I prefer to pick up my system in store).

Do they charge when the item is shipped/ready for pickup like Amazon? or do they charge at time of pre-order?

TIA

Have no idea about WM but Best Buy does a pending charge that will constantly take and put back money from your credit card/bank account. It does this as a way to verify that you have the funds. If you preorder from them, make sure you have at least $430 of funds (depending on your tax rate) at all times or else you risk the chance of your preorder being cancelled

I wish BBY would change how they do online preorders... Either hold it all the time or only charge before shipping. The rotating charge is annoying for all accounts.

What they're probably talking about is the previous pre-order bonus they had for BF4. They had a bonus in which you got a battlepack, but that was replaced around June 17th with the current pre-order bonus. The battlepacks are on ebay for $5.

Yeah that's what I was asking about, the expansion pack in China , I preordered too late :(

TIA

When I preordered at Bestbuy all I had to do was give $25 cash & not pay the rest until I pick it up. You can cancel anytime.

I have to agree with this, I noticed that the "China Rising" DLC comes in the box.

Pre-ordered on Amazon just minutes after it went live the day of E3. Also was able to grab a pre-order at GameStop a few days later, they were originally sold out, but I was able to get one when I picked up The Last of Us (great game BTW). Already paid off the system and 4 games with store credit.

Really looking forward to the PS4, Sony was able to salvage the PS3 launch debacle pretty well and release some amazing exclusives over the years. Last time I bought a 360 at launch and did not get a PS3 until much later. This time, it will be the opposite for me, PS4 first and maybe Xbox One down the line when Halo comes out. The only game that might change my mind is Titanfall, but that does not release until 2014.

Do you guys think the possible PS4/Vita bundle will be available on amazon with guaranteed release date delivery? That would be an excellent $500 spent.
Are you really asking people if an imaginary bundle with nothing even remotely official is not only going to be released on the same day as the PS4, but with RDD (something they don't even do with every game anymore) and for the absurd sum of $500 dollars? If that is the case, then I can assure you 1000% that Amazon will not just list that, but it will also come with $10 dollars in Amazon credit and 3 months of plus. That is what my sources are saying anyway.

This might be off topic and im sorry if it is but I was thinking of maybe getting Killzone Shadowfall with my PS4.

I have never played any of the other 3. To catch up should I play all 3 in order or can I just go to 3? Im not sure how big on story it is.

I already have Killzone 2 and 3 because I got them cheap, just not sure which one is the better one.

This might be off topic and im sorry if it is but I was thinking of maybe getting Killzone Shadowfall with my PS4.

I have never played any of the other 3. To catch up should I play all 3 in order or can I just go to 3? Im not sure how big on story it is.

I already have Killzone 2 and 3 because I got them cheap, just not sure which one is the better one.
Story in Killzone is a joke at best. They have some connections to one another, but you could play 3 or Shadowfall and be fine. Also 2 is the best in the series.

Hmm, so story doesnt really matter? its not like its one big story arc or anything?

I know they are not that long, like 8-9 hours. If thats the case I guess ill just power through 2 and 3 and see if i like them before getting the new one.

Is playing one even worth it?

Hmm, so story doesnt really matter? its not like its one big story arc or anything?

I know they are not that long, like 8-9 hours. If thats the case I guess ill just power through 2 and 3 and see if i like them before getting the new one.

1 sort of explains everything.

2 is a plan to capture their leader and I always felt like it ended halfway through the story. Plus it's one of the least fulfilling endings I've ever seen in gaming.

3 addresses the events that happen in 2, but it REALLY fills like filler. Like GG was told to do something that bridged the gap between the events of 2 and something people give a shit about. The ending is very climatic and the game ends on a "huge" cliffhanger.

Shadowfall is set 30 years after Killzone 3 but like admiralvic said the story is average at best. I play killzone mainly for the graphics, a sense of weight in movement/gunplay, and multiplayer. Game is pretty generic overall but Guerilla Games sure makes some nice looking games.

1 sort of explains everything.
2 is a plan to capture their leader and I always felt like it ended halfway through the story. Plus it's one of the least fulfilling endings I've ever seen in gaming.
3 addresses the events that happen in 2, but it REALLY fills like filler. Like GG was told to do something that bridged the gap between the events of 2 and something people give a shit about. The ending is very climatic and the game ends on a "huge" cliffhanger.
RAGE being another one.

I played 2 and 3 and have no idea what was really going on, so yeah I'd say it's not that important. I have fun playing them and they look gorgeous but the story is generic. The multiplayer sure is fun. However it never keeps me interested for longer than a month. On that note shadow fall is one of the main reasons I want a ps4.

I played 2 and 3 and have no idea what was really going on, so yeah I'd say it's not that important. I have fun playing them and they look gorgeous but the story is generic. The multiplayer sure is fun. However it never keeps me interested for longer than a month. On that note shadow fall is one of the main reasons I want a ps4.

Do you guys think the possible PS4/Vita bundle will be available on amazon with guaranteed release date delivery? That would be an excellent $500 spent.
Hopefully if that bundle does come out maybe after Gamescom it would surely be a huge win for Sony over Microsoft. That being said who know if that so called bundle would even come out the same time as the PS4 or maybe later.

I ordered the standard back in june the launch  ones came back in and out of stock.  Will they upgrade the earlier standard ones to launch status?

I ordered the standard back in june the launch ones came back in and out of stock. Will they upgrade the earlier standard ones to launch status?
They did with mine and I ordered it few days after Amazon annouced that they ran our of the "Launch" bundle. I'm guessing some people are cancelling and ordering a Xbox One.

They did with mine and I ordered it few days after Amazon annouced that they ran our of the "Launch" bundle. I'm guessing some people are cancelling and ordering a Xbox One.
GameStops around me had their launch allocations doubled and and got a third round of units to pre-sell after that. My regular store went from 53 to 106 to 150. There may be a few pre-order cancelations as folks move between the PS4 and the One, but I think it's safe to assume that Amazon also got additional units assigned by Sony and that those represented the bulk of the Standard -> Launch upgrades and the re-opened bundle sales.

bread's done
Back